- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
NOTE! If you would like to see the accompanying art, go DOWNLOAD (Just viewing it at the site messes with the quality of the images a bit) the .PDF file I have on my DeviantART account, here http://emmagear.deviantart.com/art/Hell-or-High-Water-Part-2-280625522

This version is text only. This warning will only be on this page. Either way, I hope you enjoy.
Stomping her right foot forward, Ann felt the rock crumble beneath her feet, and dragged it back behind her. Bringing clenched fists to face level, she prepared to meet whatever was responsible for the destruction of Densmore. Her giantess size had been essential in her destruction of Hell's forces so far, but at this point anything could happen.

Bouncing on her heels, Ann imitated a stance she had seen in many Kung-Fu movies, though, not being a martial artist, her imitation was clumsier, and off-center. The sky around her shifted, changing colors rapidly, foreshadowing the havoc about to be wreaked.

Then, a blinding flash of light.

Expecting a physical assault, Ann was caught off guard. She stepped back, shielding her eyes. A warm wave of air blew over her body, vastly different from the superheated air she had felt only a few moments ago.

Her vision returned slowly, rocky, mountainous landscape she had been standing in earlier was gone. Completely replaced by an expansive field of golden wheat. A calm breeze blew, swaying the entire, beautiful field. The sea of wheat beautifully complimented the setting sun in the horizon, filling Ann's heart with peace.

"I-Is it over? Is everything back to normal?" Ann asked, not sure whether she should believe her sight or not.

Much quicker this time, the entire world vanished in another white flash, again rebuilding itself from the ground up.

The golden plains melted into a lush green forest. Tall trees towered over Ann, and a babbling brook began to flow near her feet. The entire scene seemed to sparkle with a fresh dew. Small birds chirped up in the treetops, far above.

Ann's apprehension slowly returned.

As if on cue, the actions repeated again, the deep tree cover being wiped away, and a bright, shining sun blazing overhead. The brook at her feet pooled until it was an endless stretch of sea before her. The dirt and moss under her feet transformed into soft sand before her eyes, and the thick trees seemed to meld together until they were a handful of palm trees.

"An island... This is starting to sound like a familiar pattern..." Ann thinks to herself.

A cool breeze blows, as a dolphin jumped out from the sparkling water in the distance.

"Mountains, plains, forest, island... I know I've heard this pattern before." Ann says to herself, paying no mind to the idyllic scenery. "Mountains, plains, forest, island, and... and..."

As if the world was responding to her thoughts, there was another bright flash. The bright blues of the sky and water melted away until only a dreary gray permeated the landscape. The endless ocean shrank down and grew filthy, as patches of land rose about it at random. The palm trees bent over, as if their own weight had grown too much to bear, and began to rot and blacken.

"AND SWAMP!" Ann shouted as all of this occurred.

The thick, sludge-like water bubbled slowly, and an eerie blanket of silence fell upon the world. While the silence would normally have been appreciated, it was a dense, thick silence. It eschewed a peaceful quiet, more in favor of a tense, choking silence.

Even with her feet half buried in mud, Ann felt a minuscule vibration, almost unnoticable.

Thick as the water around was, it rippled.

The trees, already falling apart, creaked slightly.

Growing worried, Ann really started to dislike the idea of being back to normal size. It wouldn't even take an endless army of Hellspawn to end her now, the elements could do a fine job of it alone.

A bigger ripple passed through the muddy water.

"...That's an impact tremor." Ann said to herself, her hands shaking as she tried to hold her position.

The water rippled again, as another tremor lightly shook the ground.

All semblance of confidence gone, Ann turned in place wildly. She looked for the source of the tremors in worry, knowing that whatever it was, it was big, and getting closer.

A soft crack reverberated around the swamp.

Ann backed up an inch. The muffled sound made it seem like a branch snapped beneath the water. A small wave rolled through the thick, soupy liquid, and brushed the scant pieces of dried grass near Ann's toes. The entire swamp seemed to grow just a little hotter.

Already an uninviting, creepy place, the swamp grew all the more horrifying when the decaying treeline collapsed in one fell swoop. Ann's heart skipped a beat as she jumped back in terror, afraid of whatever caused the collapse.

Her heart would then skip several more beats when the beasts true form was revealed.

Two feet, much like her own, though far greater in size than her own, occupied ninety-nine percent of her forward view. The five extending toes just sat in front of her, taking up an incredible amount of space, and being generally intimidating.

Finally overcoming her own self-induced shock, Ann craned her neck upwards. Blue pants, cut just like hers spread overhead, leading up to the waist, where her red-painted fingernails were visible, along with her bare stomach. Further up the short blue tanktop, also cut like Ann's was visible, along with headphones similar to those Ann wore.

Then, Ann gasped.

The face looking down from hundreds of feet up was her own face. Lime green lipstick and hair intact, along with the chopsticks Ann used to keep her hair up. It was impossible, but it was also true. The giantess standing in front of her was exactly like her, except in the size department.

Gulping audibly, Ann just stared at her huge doppelganger in shock for a moment.

Then, it resumed its movements.

Bending over at the waist, it reached down, the huge fingers extending.

Ann's mind told her to run, to do anything required to avoid her giantess-self's grasp. Her body did not listen, lending a feeling of helplessness, as the fingers surrounded her like a cage.

The fingers held Ann firmly, making her feel as though she were paralyzed. Not able to move a muscle, Ann had no choice but to accept her body being lifted hundreds of feet, and held before a more massive version of her own face. The face had no expression, staring at Ann with cold, blank eyes.

Held securely in place, Ann only stared back, as though she were engaged in an impromptu staring contest.

The giantess blinked, then parted her lips.

Ann's heart skipped a beat watching her own lips part on such a grand scale. While she was glad that she held her oral hygiene to such high standards, it was still terrifying to see her shiny moist tongue glisten wetly, as strings of saliva connected her tongue to the roof of her mouth.

Terror melted away as Ann was lifted higher, leaving the mouth behind. Still gripped by apprehension though, she looked down on her giant-versions face, trying to figure out her intent .

Then the head tilted back, mouth still tongue lazily lolling out. Panic surged into Ann as she cursed herself for thinking something good would come of being lifted above the mouth. While still locked in tightly, Ann fidgeted and moved her limbs about for all she was worth, hoping to avoid her fate.

Surprisingly, it worked.

As if she was breaking free from temporary paralysis, Ann was released and plummeted to the dark cavern of a mouth below, something she hadn't expected thought about when she began struggling in the first place. While it looked like a considerable distance, it was covered in an instance, and she splashed onto the unyielding tongue.

Not one to give up easily, Ann stood on the wobbling muscle beneath her, and mentally prepared herself to make a dash for the green lips that'd send her back into the open.

"One...", Ann thought silently.

"Two...", Ann dug her feet into the wet tongue, ignoring the saliva dripping from the roof onto her shoulders.

"Three!" Ann whispered, moving to take her first great stride.

The lips closed, and Ann's entire world shifted back. Seemed her giantess-self knew what she was planning and cut her off. Having lost her balance, Ann fell and landed on her back,watching the gray light fade into inky blackness.

The trip downward didn't last long. A tough, constricting feeling surrounded her on all sides, as her soaking wet body made its way to its ultimate destination.

Her own stomach.

It was an unusual experience, and Ann wondered if she'd ever get to experience anything like it again. Even now, at a moment where most would give in, Ann only stopped and thought about how great of a story it'd be to tell her roommate when she managed to get back home.

Or rather, if she managed to get home.

Sitting up, Ann looked in every direction, seeing nothing. A deep, consistent thumping could be heard somewhere above, and Ann wondered how a giant version of herself even came to exist. Maybe the Ann that she was, wasn't the real Ann, and the real Ann is the one that's still a giantess? If that was the case she wouldn't mind losing to her own stomach, cause she knew it'd be for the greater good, and she trusted her own judgment above any others. If it was a mistake, surely she'd free herself from the prison.

Content to believe this, Ann waited calmly.

The air grew a little more fresh. The thumping grew a little more quiet. The ground grew a little more firm.

As if it were powered by her own positive thoughts, the pitch black stomach began to slowly light up. The darkness of her own stomach's interior began to melt away, revealing a sunny day. Densmore became visible once more.

Standing to her feet in relief, Ann looked over the city. She was a giantess again, and the city sure as hell looked to be Densmore, but with a few key changes.