- Text Size +
The High Cost of Greed
They say that one of the downfalls of man is greed. Greed can get you far and it can make you poor. It can temporarily lift you up or it can drag you down into the depths of despair, possibly even into hell itself.
This tale is about one such man, Craig; a man who let greed get the better of him. His love for the wrong things ultimately caused him to pay a high price, a price that even he wouldn't have dreamed possible.
Craig had met Julia at a tavern late one Saturday Night. Something about Julia had struck him as different. Craig hated the feelings that had stirred inside of him. At 29, he had sworn off all women.
Craig felt that way because of his attitude. He was selfish and he knew it. He was well off, but not as a result of his job. Rather, it was due to his ability to scrimp and save every penny.
Julia, at 25 years old, had that 'girl next door' charm. She wasn't a beauty queen, but she was proportioned well and never failed to keep herself fit and proper. Julia was a legal aide, made decent money, and never worried about needing the extra things in life. She was happy with what she had.
Maybe that is what had attracted Craig to her. He wasn't really sure what it was. But over a period of several months they had grown closer, and then the time came for the big question: would she marry him?
Much to the delight of Craig, she said yes. Maybe for the first time in his life he felt he could spend time with someone and not feel like money was the only thing that mattered.
Craig had vowed not to show his stingy side with his new bride, and for the first year things went well. They both worked and had their own bank accounts. They used Julia's account for most of the bills and she was fine with it, but she would often have to ask him for special things.
For the first year, he was rather easy-going about it, but as time passed his stinginess started to show. Julia said nothing and life continued for the both of them.
On a fateful winter's Friday evening, however, everything would change for Craig: A change that would change Julia's life forever as well.
It was sort of a strange irony that Craig walked, that evening, into the same tavern in which Julia and he had met. He sat down at the bar and ordered a beer. As he slowly drank the beer he looked over at the two gentlemen next to him.
He normally would not have taken any notice of them had it not been for the unusual look of the gentleman closer to him. He had that picture perfect look of a movie star. His voice was strong yet seemed to float forth like a breeze.
Craig had snapped himself back to reality and focused his attention back on his beer when something the guy said caught his attention.
"Give me 2 days and I can successfully fuck any woman alive, whether they are single, married, younger or older. I have the charisma that will literally charm the panties right off of them." The two gentlemen laughed as he finished the sentence.
Craig was not able to restrain himself. He turned to the stranger. "I could not help but overhear your claim. Did I hear you right when you said you could charm the pants off of any woman?"
The stranger faced Craig and smiled. "Yeah, that is correct. It hasn't failed me yet."
Craig eyed the stranger and did what he had tried very hard not to do. "I bet you can't get my wife's panties off her."
"What makes you think I would want to? Why would I bother?" the stranger said as he turned back to his beer.
Craig saw an opportunity and decided to try and take advantage of it. He was driven by the prospect of some easy money. He knew that he should not subject Julia to any temptation or headaches, but the idea of padding his bank account was too much to turn down.
Craig figured that no one is that that charismatic.Besides, he felt he knew Julia well enough. As any man who has decided to place a wager would tell you, each of these thoughts by themselves is not a sure thing. But when taken together, they added up to a sure winner.
Craig's eyes seemed to shine a little at the prospect of fleecing someone. "My name is Craig and I am willing to place a little wager on your claim."
The stranger extended his hand and introduced himself as Darrell. Darrell stood and motioned him towards a booth. "Let's go over there and talk."
Craig followed him and sat down.
Darrell looked at Craig's face. "Do you have any idea what you are proposing?"
"Absolutely," Craig said very calmly.
Darrell leaned back on the bench and squinted his eyes. "I should tell you that you had better not make a wager if you are not willing deal with the consequences."
Uncertainty ran through Craig's mind at that point. The pause that he took was not due to fear, but because of his concern of a monetary loss. After he looked at Darrell for a minute, he leaned forward. "Oh, I am very ready."
Darrell suddenly stood up and looked over at Craig as he laid some money on the table for his drinks. "There are two things we need to do then. Follow me."
Craig was puzzled but rose and followed Darrell out the door.
"Where are you parked?" asked Darrell.
"I walked." Craig said rather shortly.
Darrell looked at Craig with piercing blue eyes. "Do you want to ride with me or go get your car?"
Craig knew that he should have stopped right there. Every ounce of common sense told him to turn and walk away. But the image of an easy score kept him from running. "I'll go with you. Where are we going?"
Darrell smiled, "To place a bet."
Craig walked beside him as they came to Darrell's car. Craig stopped, looking at the dark blue Corvette in front of him.
"Wow, what a car. This is a beauty." Craig whispered as he walked around the front of Darrell’s high performance sportscar.
"Yeah baby, it's all about the image my man."
Craig climbed into the passenger seat and they were on their way. Darrell tossed a small business phone book into Craig's lap.
"Find a lawyer. We're going to do this right."
Craig picked out a lawyer nearby and looked over at Darrell. With a smile on his face Darrell dialed the number.
"Yes, this is Darrell Strandmirer. A friend of mine and myself would like to create a notarized legal contract. Would that be possible in about one hour?
While Darrel made the arrangements, Craig was beginning to have second thoughts about this whole mess. He couldn't back out now. What would Darrell think? He should have just walked away while he could.
With Craig still lost in his thoughts, Darrell pulled the Corvette to a stop in a parking lot in front of a big stone office building.
"Ok, we're here. If you are really serious about this, then how much do you want to lay down on this little wager"?
Craig smirked, "I have more than you're going to be able to cover, unless you have 300 grand laying around."
Craig's smile disappeared as Darrell saw the look on his face and snipped. "No problem here. We can phone transfer into the Lawyers account where he can disperse it later to the winner."
Craig's mouth went dry as Darrell continued. "We will set up a contract and we will split the cost of the documentation. I must provide him with a photograph and a very short hidden video in order to win, which he will destroy after verification. If I fail to provide said evidence 2 days from today, all the money will go to you."
Darrell expression changed slightly as he focused on Craig through narrowing eyes.
"Agreed?"
Craig was unable to move. He was frozen in fear. Not because he thought Darrell had a chance, but because he now believed that Darrell had something up his sleeve.
"Agreed?" Darrell said one more time with a gleam in his eye and a smile on his face.
Finally, "Agreed." Rolled out of Craig's mouth.
"Darrell opened his car door and met him near the rear of the car. He extended his hand to Craig. "The only other thing I will need is a picture of your wife, where she works and your home address. I will take care of the rest."
Darrell winked at Craig as he turned toward the building.
Craig had a terrible feeling about this guy. He wanted to take him by the back of his shirt and whip him around. He wanted to tell him to go to Hell, but he didn't. The reason he didn't was a mystery to himself or anyone for that matter.
It was if an unseen force caused him to walk behind Darrell. It may have been something supernatural, but it more than likely was the prospect of 300 grand that moved him forward into the large building in front of him.
They say that every man has moments of reality. Craig had one such moment as he stood by himself in the parking lot an hour later. The deed was done and Darrell had 2 days to get Julia in bed, naked, and willing.
Craig had a terrible taste in his mouth. He did not trust Darrell and he had to think of something pretty quick. He needed a drink and walked back to the tavern where it had all begun.
As he sat in silence at the bar, a thought came to him. He remembered something that his father had shown him when he was a kid. It was a brown box that was in his parent's attic. He wondered whether it was still there.
He pulled out his cell phone and called his Mom to see if she was at home. He explained that he was looking for some old stuff of his and asked if he could go up into her attic. Receiving a positive response, he set out for his mom's house.
Craig wasted no time. He opened the attic door and quickly did a search. After finding the old small brown box, he gently placed it in a box of old books and carried it to his car. He figured he would return it later.
Craig now placed a second call to Julia. "Sweetheart, I have to go out of town for two or three days. I have a meeting to attend and I will try to stay in touch... Thanks, I love you ... Bye."
Satisfied, Craig took a taxi home, leaving his car near his mom's house. Upon arriving home he unlocked the door to his office in the back and walked in, placing the brown box on his small desk.
Craig locked the door and once again turned his attention to the brown box. He blew the dust off of the latch and slowly opened it. Inside were many small papers and knickknacks that didn't mean much to him.
As he rifled through the small items one thing caught his attention. It was a smaller box that had a little faded label. Most of the writing had worn away, but Craig could just make out " ... see what she feels and feel what she does..." That was it. He squinted his eyes, but could read nothing else except for a very faded, "...arning ... ding" Once again, nothing else.
None of that made any sense to him. He slowly opened the box and found a small piece of paper, a tiny spray bottle, and a tiny tube. He stared at the contents long and hard as sweat beaded on his forehead. It was as if he was mesmerized by the stuff in front of him and waiting for an answer that wasn't going to come.
He slowly unfolded the paper and read the following. "1 spray up nostrils for original effect. Squeeze tube onto hand and apply to shoulders for 2nd effect. Remove clothes and position self at desired starting place. Wait 2 to 3 minutes."
Craig's mouth went dry. He had no idea what he was doing. He folded the paper and carefully placed it back into the box. He laid the spray back into the small container and then stopped. He then thought of Darrell and the wager. He knew that the wager would forever haunt him if he lost by Darrell's so called 'evidence' by itself.
He had to know. He removed his shirt, shoes, socks and pants and laid them on his desk chair. He picked up the spray bottle and aimed it at his nostrils and took a deep breath. He pushed the top once.
A weak spray filled his nostrils and there was a slight tingle. He smelled nothing. The sprayer stopped halfway down, so he released it and pushed again. This time a full blast hit his nose and it began to burn. Craig closed his eyes and felt his head start to spin.
He removed the tube and unscrewed the cap. He squeezed the entire contents of the tube onto his shoulder and rubbed it in.
He placed the tube and the rest of the stuff back into the old brown box and sat it in his closet. He unlocked his office door and looked around. When he saw no one, he walked upstairs to the bedroom where he sat down and pulled off his boxers.
He tossed his boxers into the hamper in the corner and then sat there and waited in the soft stuffed chair. It was Julia's favorite and she always sat there to change.
Craig felt kind of stupid as he sat there looking around. Just as he was thinking of getting up and going back downstairs to dress, the first dizzy spell hit him.
He leaned back in the chair and closed his eyes. The second dizzy spell hit him just as the pain shot through his head and down the side of his body. He drew his legs up underneath him, hoping to relieve the pain.
Fear of the unknown overcame him. He didn't know what to expect but this was much more than he ever dreamed of. He wished that it would all go away. Then, when the third wave hit, it became so unbearable that relief only came when he passed out.
When Craig opened his eyes, it was dark. He could feel the material of the chair beneath him as he lay at an odd angle with his legs beneath him. As he unfolded himself, he noticed that he was in a crevice of some sort.
As he began to get his bearings, he started to feel warm and he felt his face flush. Both excitement and fear gripped him. As his senses returned he and his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he began to see the change in perspective. He had, in fact, shrunk.
He was not sure how small he had shrunk, but shrunk he had. He also gathered that he was still on the back edge of the chair where the back and seat meet. He stood up shakily and shook his head.
Craig felt that he could do nothing until there was some daylight. He could not determine what was below him and did not want to chance anything. He lay down on the chair, determined to stay awake.
Despite his best efforts he did doze off, and was awakened later by noises. Julia was in the shower because he heard the shower door close. He lay back down. Craig decided he had time to consider a strategy. Sure, he was scared, but he knew he had to do this. He had to be sure.
If a person believes in luck, Craig's was not starting out well. As a shadow loomed above him, he knew that the sound he heard was not her entering the shower but leaving.
Craig bolted to his feet and made a snap decision to run to the front of the chair. It may have been the wrong decision, but at the time all he could think about was gaining access to whatever she was going to do.
If he hadn't slipped, he may have made it. He looked up and saw her immense bottom coming at him. Even in the dusky light, it was beautiful. He leaped forward to try and clear the area. He succeeded in landing on his stomach as the ground beneath him caved in.
What happened next is something for a future horror movie. The huge lips above his head closed in on him and the area between the lips and Julia's anus smashed into his back. He found it difficult to breathe as he gasped for breath.
Craig amazingly kept his wits about him as he struggled for each breath. Just as quickly as she sat, she stood up taking her bottom, and him, with her. Panic set in as he found that he could not free himself from that area of skin. He squirmed but it almost seemed as if he began to melt into that area.
He was only about 1 inch tall, if that. But he was long enough that his head nestled into the bottom of the crevice formed by her lips. His feet were next to her asshole. The horror of his situation began to sink in as he struggled to free himself from his prison. It seemed to make it worse.
Then Craig couldn't move at all. He felt like he had sunk into her flesh somehow and now he knew that he was powerless to stop anything from happening. It grew dark as Julia pulled up her panties around him and her bottom.
He wasn't sure of the time that passed because it seemed to have no meaning here. He listened to her heart beat and took in the movements. One time, he would have screamed if he could have. As she sat down his world gave way to the view of a toilet. What happened there can be best left for the mind to wonder.
He began to feel excited as he heard and felt her heart beat faster. He remembered the label " ... see what she feels and feel what she does ... " came rushing into his mind. He began to understand what all that meant. He was feeling her excitement. Craig's skin, or rather the skin around him, was becoming damp with perspiration.
He saw daylight as the panties were pulled away. He could not see much as she sat down and a field of white rushed up to meet him. He heard voices, but he had been hearing voices since he got here and he was beginning to think that they were in his mind and not actually real.
Craig felt her move and jostle about. He could now feel things that he never believed he could feel. His heart was racing and a daredevil-type rush overcame him. Daylight flooded his world as a movement caught his eye.
It was Darrell's huge face leaning in close to him and Julia's lips. Craig was angry and terrified, yet somehow intrigued by what was going on. Darrell's chin came to rest against Craig as the tongue worked on Julia. Wave after wave of pleasure washed through Craig. This was torture.
Fluids ran down across him as his mind started to lose its own identity. His senses slowly came back as Darrell pulled his chin away and rose up. What Craig saw next is every heterosexual male's nightmare. The largest penis he had ever seen hung above him.
He couldn't understand why she was doing this. But as the excitement built in him, it became harder to hold the seething anger and hurt. It was as if his whole world was coming apart and there was nothing he could do about it.
He saw Julia's beautifully manicured hand grasp Darrell's massive organ and guide it into the hole above him. He couldn't watch as he saw her bronze tanned legs disappear, blocked from view by things that Craig would rather not talk about or see.
Craig closed his eyes as he heard the squishing sounds that are only made by two people in such a position as this. He could feel the sensations that she felt. He began to hate it as the mixture of anger and horror at the situation seeped again into every pore of his body. Fluids from the action above swept down over him as the rocking continued.
Then, he felt her rise and slightly change position. Craig opened his eyes to see what was going on. He saw Darrell's scrotum rush and pound into him. Craig slammed his eyes shut again as the process repeated itself over and over. Now, for the first time the horror and anger was slowly giving way to madness.
He could hear the moans coming from Darrell and the screams coming from Julia as Darrell violated her over and over again. As she gave one final scream, the likes of which Craig had never heard from her before, two things happened in succession.
First, a peace like he had never experienced before flowed over him. Craig wasn't sure if it was a result of her orgasm or the madness that he now was convinced had overtaken his brain.
Second, as Craig opened his eyes he saw, through the fluids covering him, Darrell's monster sliding out above him. It stopped directly in front of Craig. As a grunting sound from above fell upon him like a dead weight, he knew what was coming and closed his eyes and thought of happier times. Craig felt the warmth hit his body as all light was blocked from his closed eyes.
The madness was complete. He didn't care as he wished for death to come. The breakdown of mind and soul was total. If he had been free of this prison, he would have been laying in a balled up fetal position.
Craig wanted to die and hoped that it would be quick. He felt movement as Julia slid across the sheets and stood. Craig lost all track of what was happening, but what happened next got his attention.
He popped off of her skin and sprung free. He tumbled end over end and slammed into a hard material, rolling to a stop against a wall. Craig hurt all over and just lay listening. He couldn't move and didn't want to.
He heard Darrell and Julia close by as he finally tried to stand up. He worked his way along the wall towards the daylight. The smell was strong but somehow familiar. The conversation from above caught his attention.
"Did you get the pictures?" asked Julia as she came closer to where Craig was.
"Sure did."
Craig finally figured out where he was and why the smell was familiar. He was in her shoe. He tried to jump and reach the edge but found that he was too short and slid back down into the toe of her high-heels.
"I can't believe he would actually make a bet with you for money over whether you could get me in bed or not."
"I couldn't believe it either. It was almost like taking candy from a baby." Craig looked up and saw Darrell reach over and hug Julia as he finished his sentence, "What are you going to do when he gets back?"
Julia shook her head, "Dump him, what else? After all, with his 300 grand you’re giving me from the wager, I don't need him anymore. All I will ever see when I look at him is a man who is so greedy that he will go to any lengths to get ahead, even if it hurts the one he loves."
Darrell laughed and said, "Yeah, thanks to him and you, I am giving up my wagering days. I plan on spending the rest of life with you. "
He heard Julia give Darrell a kiss and say, "That's fine with me baby. Now, let's go collect on a bet."
Craig was stunned. Then he saw the light disappear. He realized that Julia was putting on her shoe. He tried to scramble but it was too little too late. Her toes hit him and pushed him into the toe of her shoe.
Craig was way beyond, hatred, anger and madness. Tears began to run down his cheeks as he finally came face to face with his own mortality. Then, it dawned on him. As if some great revelation, it came to him. He was the cause of all this. He made the wager. He dug out the old box. It was his own greed that put him here. He could change. He knew he could.
But alas, as sometimes happens, the answers come too late. He was being crushed in the toe of his wife's shoe. He was out of air. And he was slowly running out of time.
The rearing ugly head of greed had once again taken its toll.