- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Rate and Review, Please. P.S. I think this site has a sort of blood grudge against paragraph indentation.
      Darian woke up, her head throbbing. It was dark all around her. She racked her brain for the last place she had been. The school bathroom. She recalled feeling ill and then...nothing. But where was she now?       "H-hello? Is anyone out there? Could you please tell me where I am?" a frightened voice called out, other than her own.      
 "Kailey?" Darian shouted.        
"Darian?" Kailey replied. They began to walk towards each other until they met.        
"Oh, thank god you're alright!" Darian said, hugging her close friend tightly.          
"I-I'm so scared..." Kailey whimpered. Both girls shrieked and gripped onto each other as they were suddenly tossed about, only to be able to stand moments later. Darian and Kailey shakily stood, neither one lessening their grip on the other. As soon as they regained balance, the ceiling of the room was ripped off as a giant figure stood above them. Darian and Kailey began to scream.        
"Sh-she looks so f-familiar..." Kailey whispered.
"I-is that th-the girl that we always tease at school?" Darian asked
"Y-yeah." Kailey answered, terrified.        
"I can't believe this. You tease me and bully me every single day...and you don't EVEN REMEMBER MY NAME?!" Anna asked.        
"W-we...I-I..." Darian stuttered.        
"My NAME is Anna. Of course, I wouldn't hold it to you to remember MY name, after all, I am "below you"." Anna sneered.      
 "We-we're sorry." Darian cried, speaking for herself and Kailey, who just stood there, mouth agape, making small whimpers.    
Anna laughed quietly. "Oh, so you're sorry? Because I don't recall you EVER being sorry all of this times you pushed me, made me drop my things, embarrassed me in front of the entire 10th grade, or made fun of how much I ate even though I'll bet I weigh less than you!" She laughed again. "You're not sorry. At least, not yet. But you will be. I'll make you feel like shit, lower than dirt. I'll make you bitches wish you'd never been brought onto this pathetic planet."        
"I-I'm really, truly sorry! Please, I-I'll prove it to you! Just don't hurt us!" Darian begged. A sly grin crossed Anna's face.        
"Are you aware of how many times I've gone home in tears because of you?" Anna asked.      
 "N-no..." Darian whimpered.
"It was...too many to count." Anna replied. "Why should I show YOU any mercy when I've finally got the power? You deserve what you're going to get, all of it."
Darian broke down into tears. "Pl-please! Please! Don't do this! I don't want to die!"
"Okay. If you can find one instance where you'd been nice to me, I'll let you go. But if you can't, I get to do whatever...I...want." Anna said. Darian began to deeply think, going through years of memory, trying to recall one where she had been nice to her. Darian gasped.
"There wasn't one, was there? Oh, too bad for you." Anna picked up Darian and Kailey in her right hand, putting them in front of her bare, unpolished feet. She took out a bottle of purple nailpolish. "Here's how this is going to work. You each get a foot. If you mess up, you have to face the consequences. Oh, and be warned, if you fail me in even the simplest of tasks I will not hesitate to exterminate you. After all, who would keep something that has no purpose?"
Darian and Kailey glanced at each other, their faces filled with fear. "We-we won't fail you. I promise." this was the first phrase Anna had gotten out of Kailey since they had began.
"Alright, then. Should we get started?" Anna asked, unscrewing the cap to the bottle. "Who'd like to go first?"
"I-I guess I will." Darian replied as she took the brush.
"Whatever you do, don't mess up!" Kailey whispered.
"Well I wasn't planning to until you put that in my head!" Darian said. She nervously placed the tip of the brush at the base of the nail and began to do forward and backward strokes, breathing heavily knowing that if she messed up she would be dead in seconds. Anna smiled at this sight, the girl she had loathed for such a long time now completely at her mercy, not knowing whether she would live or die. She giggled and flicked Darian hard in the side of the head, causing her to falter and smear nailpolish on the skin next to the nail before dropping the brush. Realizing what she had done, Darian stumbled backwards and looked up with terrified eyes, begging Anna not to do what she knew was coming. Kailey stood there in shock before she shouted,
"Darian! RUN!" Darian scrambled to get back on her feet and tried to get away, but to no avail. Anna's foot came down on top of her compressing her ribs. Kailey was terrified as she helplessly watched her friend be crushed under normally small feet. Darian was now desperatly gasping for breath, her ribs fracturing as the tremendous pressure was applied.
"Please..." Darian gasped.
"Please! Please stop!" Kailey shouted. Anna rolled her eyes at their pathetic pleading. She released Darian as Kailey rushed up to comfort her. "Oh my god, are you okay?!" Kailey hugged her close. She turned to Anna. "How could you do such a thing?!"
Darian gripped tightly onto Kailey's shirt and managed a pained whisper, "Kai-Kailey...N-no. No. D-don't start this..."
Anna let out a sharp exhale and tucked a section of hair behind her left ear. She let out a small laugh. "You-you're asking me to explain MY actions? What about yours? What's your reasoning? Oh wait, let me guess...there is none!"
Darian gripped tighter onto Kailey's shirt and whispered again, "I-I told you not to. I told you, I told you..."
"Her little screwup? That was strike ONE. You get two more, and then one of you is going to be doing their job all...alone." Anna laughed.
"But we'll be gone for a few days. People will wonder where we went and come looking for us! Then you'll be found out and charged with murder!" Kailey protested.
"Oh please. Do you honestly think that I'd attempt to pull this off without considering all the possible outcomes? All I have to do is pit my hair in pigtails, slap in a bow, put on my little pink dress, and say, "Sorry I haven't seen them since they disappeared. I'm so worried, I hope they're okay." All I have to do is play the role of the sad little girl concerned about everyone, and no one will know a thing."
"You're crazy!" Kailey said.
"Maybe so, but it doesn't matter now. You." Anna motioned to Darian. "Go over there and rest." Anna turned back to Kailey. "And as for you...I guess you'll have to work twice as hard for now. Oh yeah, and start paying attention to what's going to be the rest of your life. That is...if you manage to survive."