- Text Size +

Interlude

 

Trish was a bit surprised to see a blond woman dressed in a business suit as tall as her self.

“Who the heck are you?” Trish asked.

“Call me Blondtar. I represent Sizechanger for Hire. We are disappointed that you didn’t go to us first.”

“I’ll be blunt. I don’t need your people services. Mr. G has given me the power to give women the power to shrink men.”

“But we have so much to offer you.”

“Tell your people that sizechangers are not welcome on this world.”

Blondtar frowned then said.

“You will regret this.”

“You are 800 feet tall but you don’t scare me. Now get lost.”

 

End interlude

 

 

Chapter two

“Can you at least let my folks know what happened to me?” I asked her.

“I suppose so. Give me their phone number and I’ll call them.”

“It would be better if we go in person and show them what happened to me.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. What if your father answers the door and he get’s shrunk? Remember I have no control over who gets shrunk.”

I hated to admit it but she had a point.

“Then take me to my house. I rather live in familiar surroundings.”

“You’re forgetting that you’re only an inch tall. Everything will be out of reach.”

“Darn it there must be a way to get my size restored.”

“I promise you Michael I will find a way to get your size restored.”

 

Suddenly we found ourselves elsewhere.

“Where are we Susan?”

“Gulp! We are in the palm of Trish’s hand.”

I had never met Trish before. Sadly I could not see much from the palm of Susan’s hand. I was just too small.

“You seam to have forgotten that your job is to shrink men. Not have there size restored later.”

“Please make an exception for Michael. He’s the man I love.” Susan pleaded.

“No. Your boyfriend is meant to be an inch tall. I tell you right now attempts to restore his size or another man shrunk my man shrinkers will be unsuccessful.”

“That’s not fair.” I cried out.

“I am the GTS-goddess who rules this world. I decide what’s fair. Besides you’re lucky to be with a woman who loves you. No mater how small you are.”

“But I’m too small to love her back.”

“Nonsense. BTW when it comes to living in familiar surroundings you are in for a surprise. Good bye for now.”

 

The next thing I knew I was in a house but not just any house. It was my house. I was in the bedroom and everything was the size it should be. I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge to get a beer. The sweet taste of beer was going down my throat when I heard a loud.

“Michael! Are you in there?”

I went to the living room window and saw the huge face of Susan looking in. The truth then hit me. I hadn’t grown back to 5’8” my entire house and everything in it had been shrunk. I then went out the front door.

 

“For a moment there I thought I had my size restored.” I told her.

“It does look like your house from the outside. What about the inside?”

“They took my house and everything in it and shrank it to my size. Come to think of it wonder why the house still has power?”

“Maybe it’s powered by magic. “

I eventually found it is powered by a small generator in the basement.

 

Another surprise was what happened to my Echo. Susan found it parked in the parking lot of the apartment building and the keys in her purse. While I didn’t like the idea of some else driving my car, I had to admit I was now way too small to drive.

 

It was the next day while we were watching the news on Susan’s small (to her) television when we saw them being interviewed. There were two women a blond and a brunette. The blond introduced herself as Blondtar Goldflop. The brunette called herself Dawn Farm. They said they were sizechangers from a planet called Sizeloa.

Reporter: “You say you can change the size of human beings?”

Blondtar:  “Yes we can. I will demonstrate.”

The reporter then shrinks to a third of his former size. Then he grows back to his original height.

Reporter: This is amazing. Can you restore the size of the men shrunk by the man shrinkers?”

Dawn: “I believe we can. Bring your shrunken men to the Maritime mall parking lot Saturday afternoon and we’ll restore them.”

Blondtar: “And I dare the man shrinkers to stop us.”

Susan then got on the phone and called the television station. From what I could make out she wanted a meeting with the sizechangers. After a few moments she got off the phone and said.

“We got a meeting with the sizechangers at city hall.”

 

Another interlude

Trish looked down at her loyal man shrinkers.

Trish: “Something bothers you my loyal man shrinkers?”

Jane: “The sizechangers are claiming they can restore the size of the men we have shrunk.”

Heather: “I have reason to believe salespeople from Stan’s growth and shrink rays are coming.”

Trish: “Fear not my loyal man shrinkers. Let the sizechangers and the size change gun people come. When they try to restore the size of people shrunk by my man shrinkers they will get a big surprise.”

End interlude

 

To be continued