- Text Size +
  1. Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Man shrinker

 

Chapter one

 

Now I was never a big guy. I was 5’8” before I met the man shrinker known as Susan. She made a stunning sight. She is 6’2” with blond hair, blue eyes and long legs. The first sign of trouble was the sight of men running from her. Then I realized she was one of those man shrinkers I saw on the news. Then she spotted me.

Before I could run two red beams shot out of her eyes. To my dismay I found out why they call them man shrinkers. I was shrinking fast. Fortunately my clothes were shrinking with me. Still I was alarmed to find the world becoming a huge and dangerous place. By the time the shrinking stopped I was no bigger than a bug. The blond then loamed over me. She looked to be hundreds of feet tall.

“Are you all right Michael?” The blond asked me.

I had no idea how she knew my name. But I had other things on my mind.

“Do I look alright? I’m no bigger than a bug.”

“I didn’t mean to shrink you to an inch tall. You see I’m under a curse. Men shrink around me. I have no control over it.”

“Please make me big again.” I asked her.

“I’m very sorry but I can’t.”

“You’re just going to leave me here?”

She paused in thought for a few seconds that said.

“You’re coming with me.”

 

Before I could even protest she scooped me up with her right hand and then dumped me into one of her jeans pockets.

“Stay there until I tell you.”

 

After what seamed like hours she reached into the pocket and pulled me out. Judging from the light we seamed to be indoors. She placed me in the palm of her hand and brought me up to the level of her face.

“It’s strange Michael. You’re bigger than a bug and yet I still have a crush on you.”

“You plan to crush me to death? And how do you know my name anyway?” I asked her.

“Sorry bad choice of words. I guess I can’t say I blame you for not recognizing me. None of my other friends do. So complete is my transformation.”

When she saw my blank look she continued.

“I am Susan Taylor. We used to be neighbours.”

“The Susan I know is a short cute brunette with brown eyes.”

“I am her. My body had changed my I’m still the same girl inside.”

 

I didn’t really believe her but I decided to humour her.

 

“Alright you’re my Susan. But I can’t help wondering what happened to you.”

“Get comfortable, I got a story to tell you.”

I then sat down in the palm of her hand and she then told me the fallowing tale.

 

It started on a Monday morning. I woke up naked in a strange bed in a room I had never seen before.  The walls were white. There was a closet full of clothes that didn’t look familiar to me. On one side of the room was a full length mirror and beside it was a height chart.

 

I went up to the mirror and got a shock. I expected to see a petite brunette with brown eyes. Now a tall blue eye blond was starting back at me. Using the height chart I discovered I was now 6’2”.  I was now ten inches taller. Also my extra pounds seamed to have disappeared.

 

I then went to the closet to get something to wear. Everything seamed to fit my new body. I had just finished dressing when two tall women appeared in the doorway. The brunette was a little taller than me, the redhead a little bit shorter.

“Welcome my name is Jane.” The brunette told me.

“And I’m Heather.” The redhead added.

“Trish wants to meet with us.”

“You mean the GTS-goddess?”

“Of course. Come with us she doesn’t like to be kept waiting.”

 

Like most people I had seen pictures of Trish on television and in the paper. I knew she was 800 feet tall. I knew she was a brunette with stunning beauty. But I had no idea how very small I would feel standing in front of her.  She looked down at us with her green eyes.

“Welcome Jane, Susan and Heather. You three have been selected to be man shrinkers. Your job is shrink men. I want each of you to shrink at least ten men a day for the next month. Is there any questions?”

I then raised my hand and in a small voice said.

 “Excuse me goddess but I don’t want to shrink men.”

Jana and heather looked at me and if I had gone insane. Trish for her part frowned then she got on her knees and pointed her finger at me. Her finger was big enough to easily crush me. She brought to a few feet above my head and then said.

“You don’t have a choice. If you don’t make your quota men will shrink around you wither you want them to or not.”

“But you already have two other man shrinkers.” I pleaded.

“I like the idea of having three man shrinkers a blond, a brunette and a redhead. Since I don’t like your attitude I curse you. You will travel the world drifting from place to place. Shrinking men all around the globe and you won’t have any control over who you shrink.”  

“What about my former life? I have a day job, friends, and family. ”

Trish actually laughed then said.

“It’s over. None of the people you used to know will recognize you. Not even your family. As for your office clerk job it’s over. But to prove that I not totally heartless, I will arrange that you have enough money to live on. Now be gone.”

“That was stupid of you to challenge a GTS-goddess.” I interrupted her.

“Interrupting a woman whose thumb is bigger than your whole body is not a bright move. Now where was I?

 

The next thing I knew I was standing in Riverfront Park. A small suitcase was in my right hand and a white purse on my shoulder. Heading to a nearby park bench I sat down to consider what to do next. Examining the suitcase it contained the clothes I had seen in the closet. The purse had a credit card in it and some cash. There was also a passport in it. The passport picture looked like the new me.

While I was thinking over my next move a couple was walking in front of the park bench. Suddenly beams short out my eyes and hit the man. He quickly shrank to six inches tall. (Part of the curse is that I know exactly how small the men I shrink are) The brunette he was with was shocked and she saw me and turned red with rage.

“YOU! You shrank my boyfriend.”

“I didn’t mean to. I have no control over the curse.” I told her.

“Does that mean you can’t restore me?” The shrunken boyfriend asked.

“I’m afraid so.”

 

While we were talking a cop came up to us.

“What’s going on here?”

“This woman shrank my boyfriend.”

“Say what!”

“You see officer I’m under a curse. Men shrink around me wither I want them to or not.” I explained.

“A Curse? I don’t believe in curses. I dare it to do its worse to me.”

No sooner than the words left his mouth when the shrink beams hit the cop.  He shrank and shrank until he was just 1/16th of an inch tall. By far the smallest of the men I have shrunk.

 

“You shrank a cop.” The brunette cried out in horror.

“Wow! I thought I was small.” The six inch boyfriend commented.

The micro cop meanwhile was filling the air with curse words. (I can also hear my victims no matter how small they are)

The brunette then grabbed her boyfriend and fled. I hated to leave the micro cop but there was nothing I could do for him. He was so small I couldn’t even pick in up safely. Besides I just wanted to go home.

 

Sadly I had forgotten about the family not recognizing me part of the curse. When I arrived at my house or what was my house my own sisters who had lived with for years didn’t recognize me.  Worse yet they didn’t believe me when I told them I was Susan Taylor. To make a long story short they had me thrown out of the house for trespassing. The only reason I didn’t spend time in jail is the fact the cops thought I might shrink every male police officer in town if they put me in jail.

 

I then called my parents but they didn’t recognize my voice or believe me either.

When I showed up at the office I worked for they didn’t recognize me either. So now I have no job and I living in a cheep apartment.

 

That in a nutshell is my story.

 

“I have a question. Why didn’t you tell your sisters stuff that only Susan Taylor would know?”

“I did. But they made excuses like the real Susan Taylor told you that.”

“So now what happens now?”

“I don’t know Michael.”

 

to be continued someday