- Text Size +

Chapter 9


Samantha twisted the dial to grow. She rose higher and higher before the Himalaya.
Reaching 150 miles, she stopped. Even Mount Everest was little more than a small rock to her now. Samantha bent down, and started to jerk the mountains of the Himalaya from the ground. One after the other was removed, Samantha using one arm to hold them and the other to tear up more mountains. Having collected most of the Himalaya, Samantha headed back to the U.S.. The weather patterns in India would soon change, now that the protecting mountain range was gone.

Back in the U.S., Samantha dropped the Himalaya in the state of Colorado, crushing Denver and a dozen of smaller cities and towns under their weight. She went back to California, retrieved her clothes and put them on again. She didn't even consider the cities and villages she tore from the ground along with her clothes as she picked them up, nor did she mind the earthquakes she caused while dressing.

"I'll build a throne. A throne for a goddess. People will come and worship me, or else...". She stomped down, destroying Las Vegas under her sole.

Samantha started to build. She rearranged the Himalaya Mountains like they were bricks. After half an hour, a small chair-like building stood in front of her, too small for Samantha at her current height, but she was able to shrink, so that didn't matter.

"Listen, Earth!", she spoke aloud after finished her work. "I am Samantha. You have seen what I can do, and be sure, it was not all! I can grow much, much bigger, even bigger than the Earth. No weapon can be used against me, not even nukes. You bring me food daily, wash my clothes if I command it, and do as I say. If not...". Samantha bent down, and tore a city from the ground. It as a fairly small one, about one hundred thousand inhabitants.
Samantha removed a shoe and placed the entire city inside it. She could feel the warm air coming from it, knowing the smell was horrible. For the city inside the dark of her shoe, it was hell. The sultry atmosphere made them think of the biblical plague of darkness, but the cloying, disgusting foot odor was far worse. It robbed the inhabitants of the city of air, making one hundred thousand people choke and gag. The entire population became nauseous, her cheesy air was everywhere. The inhabitants threw up en masse, before many suffocated to death. Those that survived where squashed against the inside of her shoes' nose, as Samantha put her shoe on again. Her enormous toes pressed it like an insect to death, but she hardly felt it.

Samantha twisted the dial again, shrinking until she was able to use the "throne" she made like a sofa. She was 20 miles now.

"I have no qualms at all killing you tiny little specks," she said, after sitting down on her throne. "Know that I am your new goddess. I am indestructible, even when I shrink back to the ridiculously small height of 100 feet. Try to attack me, disobey me, and no less than a million of you shits will perish under my feet. I think we understand each other!"

Samantha sat down on the throne she made from the mountains. She was indeed a goddess, she could grow and shrink at will, no weapon was able to harm her. If grown big enough, Samantha's vastness alone made her not only able to destroy a world, but also to create one, like the gods of old supposedly did. Her piss could become a new river, ending in a new lake. Her shit could cover an entire country, even the U.S. if she grew big enough, fertilizing countless acres of soil. Many trees, perhaps an entire rain forest, could grow there that way. Samantha's hands and feet were able to create mountains and chasms alike. She could lower the worldwide sea level by sucking the oceans' water in her mouth, and spitting it out into the outer atmosphere, again and again where it would disappear in space.
Her very presence alone was changing the weather patterns, even influence the tides somewhat because of the gravity pull her enormous body created.
She already created earthquakes as the result of her footfalls. But she might do more. Spitting would mean severe rainfall, the saliva being turned into tiny droplets after falling from the vast height of her mouth down to earth. No force of nature would be a match for her. Samantha could eliminate a hurricane by simply inhaling it. Floods by drinking, wildfires by blowing. An erupting volcano could be extinguished by her pinky toe alone stepping on it, putting it out like a smoldering cigarette butt.
But only if the tinies did what she wanted. Only then would she consider, but not promise, to help against calamities. If not, she would be worse than every other natural disaster together.
Yes, she was a goddess! Goddess Samantha. Life was good.


THE END