- Text Size +

"so what's it like"? Nique asked Jake, they were both sitting on Jake's bed, a bag of chips opened and Niques ipod playing softly in the background.

"what"? Jake returned.

"being so small". she said bluntly.

"i'm not that small"! Jake replied angerly, but then sighed and answered,"It's annoying really".

"what? no way, being that small means you can spy on people, and a can of soda is like fifty gallons and-"

"and I could stepped on, sat on, eaten, crushed, I'll probably never have sex, I have to get carried everywhere by my mom, I play my xbox, I cant drive my car, I can't do anything I could before", Jake finished.

Nique shuffled awkwardly on his sheets."well still, on chip would last you a month at your size"!

"I tend to stay away from food", Jake said, scratching an annoying little itch on his back.

"why"? nique asked curiously.

"haven't you ever seen those "honey we shrunk the kids movies"?

"yeah".

"what happens whenever someone reall small gets near any kind of food".

"they get eaten....oh I get it, your afraid of being eaten-"

"and who wouldn't be"!

"right right, okay, but still, the world is a wonderous place at your size-"

"the world sucks, its dangerous, giant bugs everywhere, I could die at any moment".

Nique paused at this. "you don't like being small at all"? she asked him.

"nope", Jake answered readily.

Nique grew tired of that and instead said,"what was your life like before this"?

"it was okay I guess, school sucked and all, had a lotta really good friends"

"had"?

"well after this....things just weren't the same anymore, s'why cali left me".

"who"?

"my ex- girlfriend".

"ah....why would she leave you? especially when you're going through such a tough time".

"well right before the accident, we talked about taking our realationship further, but then, well we just couldn't anymore".

"further how"?

"further as in sex.....of the sex kind", Jake added sarcastically.

"why'd she leave you if she wanted to have sex"?

"becuase, we can't now".

"sure you can, I would've thought you would've begged her to stay".

"why"?

"oh c'mon, a womans body? at your size? thats gotta be like heaven right"?

Jake had never truly thought about sex since his accident. now that he was, he was getting Nique's point.

"oh man......i've never really thought about it like that".

"really? I thought that was all guys thought about".

"only the jerks".

"so you're not a jerk then"?

"I hope not", Jake said, they both laughed.

A door slammed downstairs, Jarring them from their conversation.

"oh geez"! Nique said, "I haven't finished my work yet"!

She made to leave, but Jake stopped her by saying,"will you be here tomorrow"?

"no, but i'll be back on monday, we can see each other then"!

with that she was gone, and Jake was alone. She locked his door and slid the key under, making it look as though no one had entered. Jake heard an argument where aliana said harshly that Nique should stop slacking, and that she needed to finish her work if she wanted her money for that week.

A sudden rage filled Jake's body, it gnawed at him, he wanted to punch Alaina right in her stupid mouth, and it infuriated him that she would talk to Nique like that. But he couldn't help, he couldn't do anything, so he sat there, and waited and waited, but sleep didn't come, but Alaina did.

She unlocked his door and opened it slowly, Jake pretended to be asleep, but that didn't stop her. 

"Jaaaaaaaaake", she whispered,"wake up sleepy", Jake opened his eyes.

"Some friends of mine are here to see you cutie, you have to get up".

Jake grumbled and stood, what was she up too? She carried him downstairs into the living room. There were three people already there. A young brunette, a blonde, and the woman Jake had seen a few days ago, Michelle.

Alaina set Jake on the coffee table and introduced him saying,"ladies I give you tonight's entertainment"!