- Text Size +

Jake opened his eyes slowly. His surroundings were unfamiliar, and he took a moment to examine them.

He was lying on a large white bed,bandages wrapped across his chest, his leg was suspended and In a cast, he felt his forehead to find bandages there as well. A bag of fluids hung above his head to the left. A large monitor measuring his heart rate beeped softly and rhythmically. He shifted and felt agonizing pain tear through his chest ,arms, and legs. He gasped and bit back a stream of curses.

He heard a soft groan and looked down to find Nique, her arm wrapped around him. He smiled as she looked up into his eyes.

"Oh! you're awake!"

"Yeah, and your kind of laying on me" he said.

"Oh geez! sorry!" she exclaimed, shifting her weight off of him.

"It's fine", Jake replied. "So, i'm in a hospital right? passed out in the ambulance I think, how long has it been?"

"Two days, your mom and I have been waiting for you to wake up."

"Mom's here too? good." He layed back again. "So, what happened, the police showed up but how did they-"

"It was michelle", Nique answered,"she called your mom, got the number from alaina's phone, told her you were in trouble, she called the cops when your mom got in town, and the rest you know".

"what about alaina, and tara and summer?"

"Arrested, you and I and michelle are gonna testify soon I think, I dunno when".

Jake smiled and relaxed, life was good.

At that point his mother entered the room. "Nique, I brought some food for you, all they had was-" She stopped when she saw her son. "Jake!" she squealed and ran to him.

"Hi mom I-" He was cut off as her massive lips came down on him, smothering the life out of him, her spit and lipstick still clung to him. Nique laughed as Jake coughed and spat and said," Mom I'm fine!"

"I know I know hun, it's just well......I missed you and-"

"I know mom, I know."

She smiled and said,"you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend".

Jake blushed and said " were not, I mean we...umm..."

"It's fine hun, she's sweet, weve been talking for awhile now."

This didn't make jake feel any less nervous,"Great", he said. Nique gave him a knowing smile. 

"You should really thank Michelle next time you see her too."

"Is she here?"

"Not now, but she stopped by yesterday to see how you were, she called me y'know."

"Yeah I know, Nique told me."

"well you should definetely thank her, you wouldn't be here if she hadn't called."

"okay mom, I will. so....."

"so what?" his mom asked, curious.

"Am I.....going home?"

"I think that'd be the best idea."

"And Nique?"

"well.......she tells me she dosen't have family here..."

"Yes!" jake shouted, feeling like a kid again. He and Nique laughed together and held hands.

it's happening he thought, we're really gonna be together, we can get through this together....i'm going home.......