- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm back and decided to take things into a different approach. Inspired by Heroic DC and Marvel comics, going to do a spin on the hero arc. 

 

Changed up my writing style too. 

Anyone who saw me and Victoria would think we were just two young love birds in the making. I mean, we knew each other all our lives, from when we were babies and our mothers met in the park. To pre-school, elementary, middle, and finally high. There was one thing that made us special...

 

Our complete and total hate for each other, no matter how many years may past. There will be no other girl I would detest more than her, she knew how to get other my skin and I did the same for her. From the day she took my stuffed alligator those many years ago to now when she rotten egged me in the hall before school officially began. And she knew she could get away with it too, she was on a field trip today and I was on probation for too many abstances and tardies. Parent's don't give a rat's ass, they want me in school. 

 

So I'm left to stink the whole day, on the outside and inwardly as my soul cries bloody murder from the pain of unsiezed vengeance. Oh Victoria, I'm going to get you. 

 

But let's slow down a little, haven't even introduced myself. My name's Sylvester Cole, people call me Silver for some reason. I'm 6'2, 220 pounds of muscle, athletic, and capable of dishing out a pounding and taking some. I've been big in sports, from boxing, to wrestling, to football and track. My future reads, college athlete, educationally, I'm not the sharpest kid on the block. That and I got a mild case of dyslexia meaning I'm not going to be a big shot lawyer. 

 

Doesn't matter, I'm a dark skinned brother with good looks and confidence to match. I'm not perfect either, I had my occassions of bullying. Messing with the freshmen mostly, nothing harsh or mean spirited. Just the old few wedgies, swirlies, and usual stuff. Hey, at least it's only once a month. Other than that, the nerd's help me out with my homework. I help them with their swagger. Helps me pass the class, helps them pick up chicks. 

 

Win-Win.

 

What's not a win, is my all time rival, my Lex Luthor, my Joker, my great enemies of enemies (yeah I'm into comics). Victoria Lopez, the queen of bitches. I remembered when she used to be a tom-boy, shoving boys faces into the sand in her Sand-Box of Suffering. Today she's 5'2, 120 pounds of curvy and athletic woman, brown wave hair that reachest the middle of her black, soft and cute face, plush kissable red lips, and large green eyes with a hint of EVIL. She's a ballet, a break dancer, volley ball captain, girl's basketball captain and staring Shooting Guard, and a freaking Ace in her classes! Should I include she's in the math club and...DEBATE TEAM?! How does she do it? Lord tell me now...

 

Not only is she the most popular in school but she's apparently a Saint too! All the girls either envy her or want to be her and all the guys except my close pals want to get with her. It's the start of senior year, for three years we would combat through the system. Sure, I was beaten in education but I had more recognition in sports, Football is always top especially since it brings home the bacon. I'm the fastest and most destructive Defensive End in this state. Got scouts on me like a pack of hungry dogs on one fresh steak. 

 

So it's been a blood feud, it will always be even after we leave college. I'd imagine we'll keep in contact, just to rub in each other faces our accomplishments. It's how our life is supposed to be...it should have been and even as I sat there during the last period of the day smelling like rotten eggs. It will be...after I get my revenge. 

 

Next morning I was nice and clean but the damage was done. Victoria started up something "Stinky Sylvester." You can hear my teeth grind every time someone mentions it. Before school started I went to my lockers and on my left came Remmy. 

 

"Yo Stink masta Silver. What's-" 

 

I cut him right there. "I'm going to reach into your mouth, and wretch your tongue out man. Don't be calling me that." 

 

On my right was Tank. "Dude, when you going to get that witch in princess's skin back." Remmy and Tank are my "unusual" friends for a person of my caliber. I knew them as long as Victoria and together we suffered through her games and celebrated some victories of our own. Remmy was skater, a rebel, always trying to go against the trend. I respect him for that because he was an outside thinker. Tank was, well, a Tank. He's 6'6, our prized offensive tackle. Just like me, he's being hounded by scouts. Unfortunately, he's smarter than me.

 

Fucked up ain't it? I don't know why they look up to me, maybe it's my charisma and charms. I always got the figure of a leader, just didn't have the brains. 


"Look, I need to do something. I need to do something quick, I need to get her now. So think!" I was desperate, I usually came with my own shitty plans that rarily work and allowed them to correct it from there. I'm just good at taking information and combining it together. If that's proof of smarts, I hope it helps me graduate. 


"How about this Sylvester, we spread some propaganda about her and undermine her hold of power." Tank suggested with a sarcastic tone. 

 

"Dude...speak English!" I glared.

 

"Take her out on a date." Remmy tossed out coolly. 

 

I was lost, dumbfounded but Tank urged on for an explanation. "To negotiate a treaty? Finally someone agrees-" 

 

"No! Take her out and then have a trap set up for her!" Remmy explained. My mind went a click, a light blinkered, and some shitty plan formed in my head. I discussed it with them, they patched up the holes like usual and everything was set. Now...for me to give up my arm, heart, and a piece of my brain for this war. I must sweet talk with the witch of illusions and trickery (hey, sometimes that nerd crap can be interesting). 

Chapter End Notes:

As you can see. Sylvester Cole isn't your usual teen. He's big and athletic, but not much of a thinker or a reader with his dyslexia. 

 

Surely not hero quality...