- Text Size +

At around 2:30 in the morning I started to wonder where the hell ny parents found 24-hour construction workers. They kept waking me up most of the night, so I was in a bad mood when I had to get out of bed to go to school. I really was jealous theat Amanda could sleep through all the noise outside, even my parents didn't get all that much sleep, well my mother didn't but my father was actually outside with them making sure everything went ok. I was surprised that in a little over one day they managed to be almost finished with the shed. Amanda walked into my room and I asked, "Why do you come into my room every morning?"

 

"To make sure you're awake."  she said.

 

"I have an alarm clock." I reminded her. 

 

"You used to sleep through it every day." She said.

 

"Hm, thats true." I said, and we both walked out of the room. I wasn't really paying too much attention so when I closed the door to my room I accedentally closed it on Amanda's tail.

 

"Ouch! Anthony, watch it!" She shouted at me.

 

"Oh, sorry. I'm not really too awake because I didn't get too much sleep." I explained.

 

She rubbed the end of her tail and said, "Good thing you didn't slam the door."

 

"It's got to be really annoying having a tail." I said as we walked down the stairs.

 

"Well sometimes, but it also lets me do this." She said as she hit me with it and giggled. 

 

I looked at the clock and saw that I was already late so I had to leave. I thought to my self, "No sleep and no food, nothing like living a healthy lifestyle." I walked out and started walking to school. On the way I saw John as usual and I said hi.

 

"Hey that was a joke yesterday wasn't it?" He asked.

 

"What was?" I asked.

 

"Your sister was just in a costume wasn't she, thats why she was hiding right?" He asked.

 

"You ever see a costume that looked that real?" I asked.

 

"So it was real?" He asked.

 

"Yup, she isn't human but like she said, I just see her as my sister." I said. "But there are times that I forget somethings, like just this morning I accedentally closed the door on her tail."

 

"Was she mad?" He asked.

 

"A little, but she usually doesn't stay mad at me." I said.

 

"I think she was mad yesterday because I shouted when I saw her." He said.

 

"No, I told you she was mad at me for bringing you over." I said. "Besides she used to get a lot worse before we moved here."

 

"What do you mean?" John asked.

 

"Well before we moved here she used to go out and stuff like you and I would, after a few years no one was too interested in her. But there still were some people that used to hate her and some who would laugh at her. Some religous guy even called her a demon." I said.

 

"Oh, that must have been hard for her..." He said.

 

"Yeah, thats why she doesn't really like other people." I said.

 

"That makes sense." He said, then he asked, "Any chance I could come over today to apoligize?"

 

"I guess, but don't get mad at me if she just ignores you." I said.

 

"Alright I wont." He said.

 

School was hell, I was tired and hungry and just didn't want to be there. I slept through my morning classes and was so relieved when I could finnaly go to lunch. I didn't care what they were serving, I just took a tray of it and practically swollwed it whole. The rest of the school day went on better but it seemed to drag on forever. When the time to leave finally came I rushed out and almost forgot that I was supposed to wait for John. He caught up with me and we started on our way home. I told him that Amanda wasn't going to be happy to see him back so soon but he said he waas alright with that. When we got close to the house John asked what the big thing behind the house was. I told him it was just a shed for storage I didn't see any workers so I assumed that they were done. Before we walked into the house I noticed the hose was running, so I went to go turn it off. What I didn't see was the big puddle of mud infront of it. I slipped and fell and got mud all over myself. John laughed and we went into the house. Amanda was again no where to be found. I shouted, "The dissapearing act is getting old Amanda."

 

I told John to stay downstairs while I went and got her. I walked up the stairs, still covered in mud, and went to her room. Amanda was sitting on her bed expecting me. "Didn't you say you wouldn't bring him here too often?" She asked looking unhappy again.

 

"Well he wanted to come over again, can't you just be nice to him?" I asked. "He hasn't done anything to you."

 

"I'll go and say hi, but that's it. By the way what happened to you?" She asked.

 

"I fell in mud... tell John I went to take a shower too ok?" I asked.

 

"Fine." She said.

 

I walked to the shower and Amanda walked downstairs. She sighed and walked over to John. "Hey Amanda." He said.

 

"Hi, John right?" She asked.

 

"Yeah, where did Anthony go?" He asked.

 

"He went to take a shower and he might be in there for a little while, he takes pretty long showers." She said.

 

"Oh, ok. By the way I wanted to apoligize for shouting at you yesterday." John said. 

 

"It's alright, you were just surprised to se me. I shouldn't have been so unfriendly to you." Amanda said.

 

"So are we cool?" He asked.

 

"Yeah I guess." She said. Just as she said that though she felt light headed and a bit dizzy. She Ignored it though as it wasn't too bad so she thought she had nothing to worry about. "Hey how come you weren't like freaked out by me or anything?" She asked.

 

"Well I was surprised but I was kind of interested because I'd never seen anything like you before. Don't take that the wrong way though." He said.

 

"It's fine, I know what you mean. Not many people have seen anyone like me." She said. " I'm just glad you werent the type of person to make fun of me or anything."

 

"I wouldn't do that." He said.

 

"How come?" She asked.

 

"Well I don't know if your brother told you, but I don't exactly have a lot of friends so when the chance does come I do my best to keep a friend." He said. Amanda was starting to feel worse and worse and John started to notice. "Um Amadna are you ok you don't look too good."

 

"I-I'm fine." She said.

 

"Are you sure?" He asked.

 

Amanda stood up to try and make her way outside but she fell to her knees. "Oh you've got to be kidding me." She thought to herself.  John was getting up to the phone to call 911 but Amanda told him not to. "I-I n-need you to c-carry me o-outside" She said weakly.

 

"Alright, but what's going on?" He asked. Amanda didn't say anything as John carried her to the backdoor and outside. "Is here alright?" He asked. He noticed that Amanda felt heavier but he didn't want to say anything. Amanda just lied there for a minute then she started to grow. John was shocked and scared at the same time. He didn't move at all. Once Amanda reached about fifty feet tall she grabbed John in one hand and ran into the woods just as she did the other day when I had to take her outside. She kept John in her closed fist until she got deep enough into the woods that she was sure no one could see her. When she opened her fist she could feel John shaking in her palm.

 

"Calm down, I'm not gonna hurt you." She said to him. John just crawled over to her middle finger and grabbed onto it. "I wont drop you, you don't have to hold onto my finger." 

 

"Y-You g-got b-bigger." John said nervously.

 

"Yeah, I did..." She said.

 

"H-How?" He asked starting to calm down a bit.

 

"We don't really know." She said.

 

"We? you mean Anthony knew about this?" He asked.

 

"Yeah he did, but he wasn't as scared as you were and the first time I grew I was twice this size." She said with a little smile on her face. At this time I was just coming downstairs after my shower and geeting dressed again. I saw that the backdoor was open and that John and Amanda weren't in the house anymore. I didn't think anything of it until I saw that Amanda's boots were still in the house. I knew that she had to have rushed outside and I only though of one thing that could've made her do that. I ran out to the woods and followed the usual path. I ran for a while before I saw Amanda's giant foot and my first thought was that John must've been scared as hell. I climbed on her foot to get her attention. When she saw me she lowered the hand John was in and I climbed on then she brought us back to her eye level.

 

I saw John hugging her finger and said, "Don't worry, she wont drop us she's pretty good with handling small people." 

 

He slowly let go of her finger but he wouldn't stand up, he crawled next to me and I sat down. We both looked at Amanda and she looked at us. Finally John spoke and he said, "Why didn't anyone tell me about this?" 

 

"Well she told me not to." I said.

 

Amanda used her free hand to pick John up with her claws and said with a smile, "Now that you know I'm gonna have to eat you."

 

I knew she was joking but John sure didn't. She held him in front of her mouth and John was to scared to speak. Amanda laughed a bit and put him back on the hand I was on. John said, "That wasn't funny...."

 

"It kinda was." I said laughing.

 

"Not from my point of view." john said.

 

Amanda picked me up in her claws and said, "Hey you didn't think it was so funny a few days ago little guy." She held me closer to her mouth.

 

"You wouldn't do it..." I said.

 

She looked at me with a smile and opened her mouth and tossed me in. I was surprised and not expecting it. At first all she did was close her mouth and I sat on her tounge. Then she started to mover her tounge around and I was getting swished back and fourth by it. John was once again scared of Amanda because he thought she had actually eaten me while I knew she wasn't going to swallow me. He shouted, "How could you eat your brother!?"

 

Amanda put me under her tounge so she couls talk, and she said, "Relax I'm just messing with him." She put me back on top of her tounge and opened her mouth to show John I was still there. She used her free hand and took me out of her mouth and put me back on the hand with John on it. I was covered in her saliva and I knew I needed another shower. 

 

"Great now I need another shower..." I said.

 

"See it's not funny from that point of view." John said laughing a bit.

 

"Amanda you should give him a turn." I said. 

 

"Nah I think he's been through enough today." Amanda said.

 

"Wow, I'm glad I got on your good side today..." John said. Amanda put us back on the ground and shrank back down to her original height. We walked back to the house and John and amanda sat down on the couch. I didn't want to get the couch dirty with Amanda's saliva so just stayed standing. "So next time I come back will you two have another secret I'm going to find out about?" He asked.

 

"Nope we are out of surprises." I said.

 

"Good thing, I don't know If I could take another one." He said. We laughed and he saw the time and said he had to go. He left and I went to go take a shower. (Again)