- Text Size +

I was happily sleeping until about 5:30 when I was awoken by a loud crash. I got out of bed and went over to my window to see what happened. It turns out that a few
construction workkers dropped a bunch of metal rods. My first thought was, why the hell are people working at 5:30 AM? I expected my parents to get this done fast but they couldn't wait till noon or later? Since I was already awake I went to the bathroom to take a shower.
After I finished, I went back to my room and saw that it was still only 6:00. I had a half hour unitl I had to leave for school. My door opened and Amanda walked in 
still in pajamas. She yawned and asked, "Hey, how come you're already up?"

"Don't you hear the noise coming from outside?" I asked.

"Yeah..." She said.

"Didn't it wake you up?" I asked.

"Nope." She said.

"So you can hear things from like a mile away but you didn't get woken up by the noise?" I asked.

"I guess not because I just got up now." She said. "By the way, I didn't know construction workers actually worked this early."

"I didn't think so either, but I guess they do." I said. She left my room and I went downstairs to get something to eat. I finished eating and walked to school. At 
school it was the same routine that I went through every day. Well almost the same, today while I was walking down the hall at the end of the school day talking to 
John I bumped into some guy. I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going so I apoligized but he wasn't very happy.

"Watch where you're goin bitch." He said argrily at me and then walked away.

"Wow, all I did walk into him." I said to John.

"Yeah that's Greg, I wouldn't mess with him, no one does." He said.

"How come?" I asked.

"Didn't you see him? He's huge plus I heard that he carries a gun with him and that he tried to shoot at someone once." John said.
His size didn't really surprise me, no one's did ever since I saw Amanda grow, but he was a pretty big guy. John and I walked out of the school and as the doors closed I saw Greg punching some kid and walking away. I knew that I wanted to stay away from this guy he was definatly trouble. On our way home right were John usually went a different direction I stoped him and asked him If he wanted to come over. 

"I thought you weren't allowed to have people over your place." He said.

"I don't think It will be a problem." I said. We walked over to my house and I opened the door. Usually I would find Amanda either watching TV or in the kitchen or 
something but I didn't see her today. I told John to make himself at home and told him to wait for me while I went to get something. He sat down and turned on the TV and I went upsatairs to look for Amanda. I wanted to tell her that I had brought someone over so she wouldn't be surprised to find him here. She didn't seem to be anywhere, I didn't think she was out of the house so I kept looking and when I walked by her room she grabbed my by the shirt and pulled me in. "What are you doing, you almost gave me a heart attack." I said to her.

"What the hell is he doing here?" She asked. Amanda was furious, and besides the fact she was nearly shouting at me her claws were almost ripping through my shirt.

"I thought I would bring a friend home, he's a nice guy." I said.

"I don't care if he's the freakin pope! You know I don't want anyone knowing about me." She said.

"Look, he is here and you're gonna meet him. He won't say anything bad about you cause if he does I'll kick his ass ok?" I said pulling her along with me out of her room. She scratched me and I let go, then she closed her door and I went back downstairs.I went back to where John was and he asked, "Who were you talking to? I heard them over the TV."

"It was my sister." I said.

"I didn't know you had a sister." He said.

"Yeah, you wanna meet her?" I asked.

"Sure, why not." He said.

"Ok but I just want to know one thing, can you keep a secret?" I asked.

"Um, yeah I can keep a secret, I don't know what that has to do with meeting your sister though." He said lokking a bit confused.

"Just follow me." I said. We walked upstairs and towards Amanda's room. I opened the door and walked in with him. 

"Hey do you guys have a cat?" He asked.

"Um, kinda, why?" I said.

"Well cause there is a jacket on the floor that has fur on it. And what do you mean but kinda?" He asked. Amanda didn't really shed, but the tiny amount that she did 
was really only noticable on her clothes.

"Never mind, Amanda where are you?" I called out, but there was no response.

"Why is she hiding?" John asked.

"She is really shy." I said. Then I heard the floor creak outside the room. I checked the hallway and saw that the door to my room was opened. I walked over to my room and John followed but I didn't see her.

"Well if we can't find your sister at least we can try to find the cat. Here kitty, kitty." He said. He kept doing that for a few minutes while I was wondering how she 
went in my room and disapeared. "Here kitty." John called out again.

"If you try to call me like that one more time I swear I'll..." Amdanda said.

"Hey Anthony, she was behind the door." He said and he moved the door. "Holy shit!" He shouted as he jumped back.

"And that's my sister Amanda, Amanda That's John." I said. John just stood there shocked.

Amanda glared at me, crossed her arms and looked back at John and asked, "Surprised?"

John asked. "How can you be his sister if you're not-"

"Human? Well its simple he treats me like he would any other person. Obviuosly we aren't biological siblings." She said still seeming pretty upset. John didn't say 
anything and Amanda walked out of the room.

"Why didn't you say anything about this?" He asked me.

"I didn't think you'd believe me besides I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone anything about her." I said.

"And you'd better keep your mouth shut or I'll kill both of you!" Amanda shouted from downstairs.

"Yeah dont say anything about her to anybody, or she won't be the only one you have to deal with." I added.

"Don't worry, besides the fact that no one would believe me I told you I wouldn't before remember?" He said. We walked downstairs and saw Amanda sitting on the couch. When she saw us walking over she got up and walked away. "Why she so upset?" he asked.

"She's not mad at you she's mad at me, but she'll get over it." I said. We watched tv for about an hour or so before John had to leave and Amanda was happy to see him go. He tried to say goodbye to her but she just ignored him. She never really liked other people, even some of the people that we knew well before we moved. We both walked back to the couch and sat down. I could that amanda was still upset with me but I decided to try and talk to her anyway. "So, was he as bad as you thought?" I asked.

"It's not that he was bad or mean but I didn't want anyone knowing about me." She said.

"You and I both knew you couldn't be kept a secret forever." I said. "Besides it'd be good for you to meet someone else and since you don't want to go out I brought 
someone here."

"Yeah, well I don't want to see him here often." She said.

"Don't worry, I won't bring him here too often." I said. She leaned on me and I was glad she wasn't upset with me anymore. We stayed there watching Tv for a while and our father wallked in and told us that with luck the Shed would be done tommorow. Both Amanda and I weren't surprised since they'd been working since 5:30 in the morning. He aslo said that I would have like a seaporate room in it so I could have some privacy for changing clothes and stuff. We were both tired so we walked 
upstairs and went to our rooms. I changed my clothes and sat down on my bed. Just then Amanda walked in.

She asked, "Hey could you-"

"I know, I know you want me to rub your feet, fine." I said. So I sat there for a while rubbing her feet, I figured its the least I could do for her, what with making 
her so upset earlier.

"Does it bother you when I ask you to rub my feet?" She asked.

"No, not really." I said.

"How come? I mean you wouldn't want to rub any other person's feet, would you?" She asked.

"No I wouldn't, but I don't mind with you I guess cause you're a bit different." I said. I hoped she wouldn't get offended or aything but it's really the only way I 
could explain it to her.

"Oh, ok then." She said. 

After about 5 or 6 more minutes I asked, "I'm tired, can we stop?" 

"Sure, thanks and goodnight." She said as she walked out to her room. I quickly lied down and fell asleep.