- Text Size +


For the next few days everything wen fine. Amanda kept from growing so that no one would find out she could and I became better friends with John. No one knew that Amanda never went out so on one knew that she lived here except for teachers that came to out house but they were told not to tell anyone, and even if they did not many people would really believe them. Also every night Amanda has been asking me to rub her feet and I've been agreeing to it beacuse I didn't really mind, besideds it made her happy.

 

It was sunday and raining, just overall a gloomy day. Although I slept fine I felt a little tired for some reason all day. Amanda however was all perky and happy, honestly it was kind of annoying. Eventually I got bored and decided to ask Amanda, "Hey how come you haven't made yourself grow for the past few days?"

 

"I don't know, I guess I'm still not that comfortable with it." She said.

 

"Well you seemed pretty excited about it when you took me outside to show me that you could make yourself grow." I said.

 

"That was because I was glad that it was controlable, not because I was happy about it." She said.

 

"You know, I gotta ask how did it feel to be like a hundered feet tall?" I asked.

 

"It was scary at first, because I didn't really know what was going on but after that feeling was gone it was kind of cool. Plus it felt strange to hold you in my palm, you know considering that I always looked up at you because you are taller than me." She explained.

 

"It may have been fun and exciting for you, but I was scared as hell." I admitted.

 

"I still don't see why, like I said before, you know I wouldn't hurt you." Amanda said.

 

"I know, but no matter how gentle a hundered foot tall person is still scary." I said.

 

"You're right, and that's why I don't want anyone else knowing about it." She said.

 

"You do realize that no one even knows that you live here but our family right?" I asked.

 

"I know, but I like it that way, I don't need anyone bothering me about being different." She said.

 

"You are going to have to go out eventually." I reminded her.

 

"Well I don't right now." She said. She was stubborn but she had good reasoning I guess. As we walked over to the couch I started to notice something strange in Amanda's walking. I started to get a little worried but I though that I might just be overreacting so I ignored it. Amanda got up to get some chips but she got to the kitchen and picked up a bowl then I heard the bowl hit the floor. I looked over to her and saw that she was down on one knee.

 

"Amanda? Are you ok?" I asked.

 

"Ugh- i-its h-happenning a-again..." She said weakly. I jumped up and went over to her not knowing what to do. "Well help me outside!" She shouted at me.

 

"Ok ok." I said nervously. I was never that good under pressure, but I managed to pick her up and carry her to the back yard. By the time I got her to the back yard she was already too big to carry any further but at least the rain had stopped. "Can't you stop yourself from getting any bigger? I can't carry you the woods." I asked.

 

"No, I can't. But as long as we aren't in the house it'll be fine." She said while growing.

 

"Some one is going to see you." I said.

 

"When I stop growing I'll pick you up and take us into the woods then we'll be fine." Amanda said.

 

"Alright, if you say so." I said. I waited for her to keep growing but she didn't grow as big as she normally did. I couldnt really tell but she seemed somewhere between 50-75 feet tall. As soon as she stopped growing she snatched me up in her hand and ran into the woods hoping that no one was outside to see her grow. Even though the whole time was a little under five minutes it would still be a problem if someone had seen her.

 

"That was close." Amanda said holding me in her palm. Her hand wasn't as big as the other two times but it was still really big.

 

"Close? If I hadn't been in the room when I was we would be in a world of trouble." I said.

 

"Sorry..." She said. Whenever she got sad her ears went down and that's how we could tell if she really was sorry for whatever she did.

 

"Well, it's not your fault but still, I thought you said you could control it." I said. She knew that I couldn't stay mad at her for long, but there was a difference between being mad and serious.

 

"I thought I could, but I'm not sure why I couldn't. At least I cold stop growing at this size." She said.

 

"Yeah you're pretty short, only 50 ft tall." I said sarcastically.

 

"Well I usually get to a hundered feet tall so fifty is good." She said.

 

"If you put it that way it sounds good I guess." I said. "You know I'm going to have to tell mom and dad right?"

 

"No! You promised that you wouldn't tell anyone." She said.

 

"I said that I would tell if it got out of control, and almost growing uncontrolably in the house qualifies as out of control." I said.

 

"You're not going to tell them, I won't let you." She said as she closed her hand and held me in her fist, my head was sticking out so that she could she could talk to me. "See, you're not going anywhere until you agree not to tell anyone."

 

"Amanda, let me go. you know as well as I do that they need to know so we can figure something out." I said.

 

"No, you're staying here. I don't have anywhere to be so I can wait as long as I need to and you will stay in my hand until you come around." Amanda said she seemed determined to keep me from saying anything, she was more serious than I've ever seen her before.

 

"You're being stubborn, and we need to get back before they get home anyway or we will get in trouble plus its getting dark." I said.

 

"We could go back right now as long as you don't say a word." She said. 

 

"And what'll happen if I do tell someone after we go back." I asked.

 

"You're really testing my patience bro, remeber I love you but I'm not afraid to make you keep quiet." She said. I knew she wouldn't really do anything she was only trying to scare me into listening. Amanda was really harmless no matter how mad she got, I mean I could get a scratch or two but nothing serious.

 

"Well what are you going to do?" I asked, wanting to see how far she would go to scare me just out of curiousity.

 

"If you do that then I'll-" She stopped to think of something. "If you do then I'll eat you." She picked me up with two fingers of her other hand and held me in front of her mouth.

 

Being held infront of Amanda's giant mouth did the job, I was scared out of my mind. "A-Amanda calm down, just put me down, p-please." I said terrified.

 

Now that Amanda knew that I was scared she knew that I would agree to anything she said. "Well I don't know you look kind of tasty." Amanda said.

 

"Your kidding right?" I asked, thinking I may have pushed her too far earlier. I was starting think that she was serious.

 

"Are you going to say anything?" She asked.

 

While being held in front of her mouth "I won't say anything just please put me down."

 

"Alright then." She said as she gently placed me on the ground. I was amazed at how she could go from being so scary to being the gentle giant again(litterally). I looked up at her and she looked down at me and she got really sad. "I'm sorry, I just really didn't want you to say anything." she said.

 

"Sorry for what? Its my fault for egging you on like I did. I'm not mad at you or anything, just a little frightend." I said.

 

Amanda made herself shrink back down to normal and gave me a hug. We were silent for a while, neither of us wanted to say anything and we both wanted to forget what happened a few moments ago. We were close siblings and we wanted it to stay that way so we tried to forget it. For the most part we didn't think about it at all on the way back. Eventually Amanda asked, "Hey, does this mean your not going to rub my feet tonight?"

 

"Haha, we'll see. If I'm not too tired I will don't worry."

 

When we got back to out house we were oth tired from walking, because even though it only took us a few minutes to get into of the woods that was when Amanda was big and she can go really far really fast when she is big. For us to walk out it took us over an hour. When we walked back into the house, we saw our parents at the table waiting for us. Both Amanda and I were thinking we were going to get in trouble but our parents said otherwise. They said that they just needed to talk to us.