- Text Size +

As we walked home I started to worry about what would happen if Amanda grew inside the house and destroyed it, or if she accedentally hurt someone. It was strange to think of her as a giant but I was there, in her hand a few minutes ago. On the way home Amanda was fine, she didn't feel weak at all anymore and I was glad. When we got closer to the house we saw our parents unloading groceries from the car. They saw us and our mother asked where we were for the past hour or so. We told them that we were in the woods and she asked if anything interesting happened. Amanda and I looked at each other and she told them that nothing happened. They both wnt inside but Amanda told me to stay outside with her for a second.

 

"You were going to tell them!" she said.

 

"No, but even if I was they are our parents, they should know." I said.

 

"It's my problem, not yours so don't say anything." She said.

 

"It's not just your problem it affects everyone. Like if you were to grow inside you could accedentally hurt someone." I said.

 

"Well I don't want anyone else knowing, I can tell when its about to happen, if it were to happen again." She said.

 

"You can?" I asked.

 

"Yeah, it's a strange feeling but I think can tell when its there. Besides you promised you wouldn't tell anyone." she said.

 

"Well I did promise, but still, if it gets worse I'm going to say something." I said. I felt bad for her that she would have something else to make her feel different but if it did get worse someone needed to know.

 

"Fine, but lets go inside I smell dinner almost done." She said. I couldn't smell anything, but I knew that her sense of smell was better than mine. We walked inside to see what was for dinner and saw it was fish. Amanda was espcially happy and it was no suprise, her being part cat and all. We ate and walked upstairs to our rooms. Amanda asked me to come to her room for a minute. I followed her down the hall to her room and she sat down on her bed and told me to sit on the chair. I asked what she wanted because I was tired and wanted to go to sleep. Amanda put her foot upp on my lap and asked me if I would rub her feet for her since they were a bit sore from the walk.I really didn't want to because her feet did smell from being in boots for a long time but I thought, why not. So I sat there for about fifteen minutes rubbing her feet. She had pawpads on her feet but unlike pets they were soft because she wore shoes all the time. She didn't have to but she wanted to to make her look just a bit more like everyone else. If she hadn't worn shoes all the time they would be harder so I was glad that she did. I always wondered why she had pawpads on her feet but not her hands but I didn't ask her because I didn;t think she'd really know.

 

"Can I stop now, I want to go to bed." I asked.

 

"Yeah and thank you, it was really nice of you." She said. She gave me a hug and I left the room. It felt nice to help her but now my hands smelt like her feet so I stopped at the bathroom to try and get the smell off. After I got back to my room lied down on my bed and instantly fell asleep.