- Text Size +

Sara didn't look to happy so I asked her why. She said, "I hate it when she has people over, because then we have to take care of twice as many paws."


"Oh, that's true... So can we hide or something?" I asked. 


"She'd find us." Sara said. 


"How?" I asked. 


Sara looked at me a little confused and said, "She's a wolf, and you should know that wolves have a good sense of smell." 


"Oh, yeah..." I said I felt kinda stupid after she said that. Rebecca opened the door and I was so relieved to see Amanda walk in.


"Can I help you?" Rebecca said to her. 


"Yeah um I lost someone..." Amanda said to her. 


"A micro?" Rebecca asked. 


"What?" Amadna asked. 


"A little person." She said.


"Oh, yeah he looks just like you except he is a boy." Amanda said. 


Rebecca walked over to me and picked me up. Then she put me in her palm and showed me to Amanda. "Is this him?" She asked. 


"Yes! Thank you so much!" She said excitedly taking me from Rebecca's hand. 


"Sorry for taking him, I didn't know he belonged to anyone." Rebecca said. 


"Don't worry about it, I'm just glad that I found him now." Amadna said. 


"Why don't you come in and I'll make you dinner as an apology?" Rebecca said."I feel kinda bad for making you worry." 


"Thanks, that'd be great." Amanda said walking inside. 


"My name's Rebecca, and you can sit down if you want." Rebecca said going into the kitchen. 


"Okay, and my name is Amanda." Shd said sitting down on the couch. I was glad to be back in Amanda's hand and away from Rebecca's. It made sense because even just sitting in Amanda's palm I felt safer. Amanda put me down on her lap and looked around the apartment. It seemed like a nice apartment, and we had heard the in the city apartments like this were pretty expensive. We assumed that Rebecca had a good job or something. I also noticed when I looked out a window that it was getting dark. I knew that when Rebbeca took me from the library it was mid-afternoon at the latest so we must have been at her paws for a long time.


"So, you seem to be pretty fond of that little guy, have you had him for long?" Rebecca asked.


"Well yeah, he's my brother." Amanda said.


"Your brother? But he's a micro and you're a macro, that isn't possible." She said. I looked up at Amanda hoping that she wouldn't say anything about her having the ability to change sizes.


She looked and me and said to Rebecca, "I meant he's like my brother."


"Oh, well I have a micro here that is pretty close to me too." She said. Rebecca called Sara's name and she came out of the bedroom and walked over to Rebecca. She stopped at Rebecca's paws and waitied to be picked up. Rebecca picked her up and brought her over to the coffee table that was by where Amanda was sitting. "This is Sara." She said. Rebecca sat down in another seat and Amanda looked closer at Sara. "You can pick her up if you want." Rebecca said.


"Ok, and don't worry Sara I'll be gentle." Amanda said. Amanda reached for Sara but Sara looked a little scared so instead Amanda just put her hand down on the table and waited for Sara to climb on. At first Sara was still reluctant but she climbed on anyway. She started to calm down as Amanda lifted her to closer to her face.


"Aw she's cute." Amanda said.


"I guess. By the way what's his name?" Rebecca asked.


"My name is Anthony." I said.Rebecca looked down at me and then looked back at Amanda. Then she said, "Hey do you like pizza? When I looked in my kitchen I realized that I needed to go shopping and don't have anythong to cook."


"Yeah pizza sounds great." Amanda said.


"Alright, I'll go and order it." Rebecca said as Amanda put Sara back down on the table. Sara looked relieved, probably because she now knew Amanda wasn't going to be mean to her.


Amanda put me on the table next to Sara and stood up. "Rebecca, where is your bathroom?" She asked.


Rebecca didn't hear her because she was on the phone, but Sara did. She said, "Miss Amanda, it's down the hall and the second white door."


"Thanks Sara." Amanda said as she walked towards the bathroom.


"Why so formal with her?" I asked Sara.


"She is a guest." Sara said.


"Well I didn't get any special treatment." I said.


"It's different with you." Sara said.


"What do you mean?" I asked.


"She's a macro and we are suppoesed to be more respectful of them." Sara said.


"I see, Amanda and I are usually on the same level." I said.


"You're lucky that you have an owner that is so nice to you." She said.


"I guess so. But like I said before, she isn't really my owner." I said. "And isn't Rebecca nice to you sometimes?"


"Yeah she's nice enough." She said.


"What do you mean by that?" I asked.


"She still makes me her pawslave, but she doesn't hurt me that much." She said.


"That much? She steps on you any chance she gets." I reminded her.


"Yeah but that doesn't hurt too much. I've seen her kill some other micro's by stomping on them and that looks a lot more painful." She said.


"Well they couldn't of felt that much pain if they died." I said.


"It really isn't something you should joke about, that would have been you in a few more minutes if your owner hadn't showed up when she did." Sara said sternly.


"Yeah you're probaly right, sorry about that." I said. I probably shouldn't have said something like that to her but I didn't think she would get that upset. After I thought about it I didn't even like what I said because Sara was right, if Amanda hadn't shown up when she did I would've been in some trouble. Sara and I stood there silent for a little while longer before Amanda and Rebecca came back. They both sat down and Rebecca said it would be about ten minutes before the pizza got here. I thought that was pretty fast considering that there weren't any cars. At least we didn't see any when we were outside. Rebecca saw that we were all just sitting there silently and stood up to get a remote that was on the TV on the other side of the room. When she got up I turned around to see a TV that was huge! I could only imagine how much a tv like that would cost on earth, no normal person could afford one that big. Although it was normal sized to Rebecca so it wasn't anything that special to her. Even Amanda didn't seem think anything of it at tall. Rebecca tunred on some game show that looked just like one would look like back home only with people like us that were part animal. I wasn't really paying attention to the show on account of being hungry. When the pizza got here Rebecca got up, paid the guy who brought it and brought it to the the table. Sara and I got out of the way so that she could put it down on the table. Rebecca brought over some plates and gave two to Amanda. Amanda took oone slice, put it on a plate and set it down in front of me. Rebecca did the same for Sara and Sara looke really happy when Rebecca put the plate down by her I didn't want to ask why though I was too busy trying to figure out how I was going to eat the slice in front of me. I saw Sara eating it by lifting the point of it and taking bites from there, I figured that was the best way to eat it so I copied her and started to eat it. When I was close to maybe a quarter of the slice I saw that both Amanda and Rebecca were already on their second and Sara had already stopped. I was soon full and also stopped eating. I noticed that Rebecca looked down at Sara and didn't look to happy but I don't think that Amanda or Sara saw her as she quickly looked back up. Amanda was still quiet while eating, just like she was at home and Sara and I weren't going to say anything so it was pretty quiet for a while.

 

Once everyone was done Rebecca took the leftovers wrapped them and put them in a refrigerator. However, even though Sara and I didn't really eat much of the slices we were given Rebecca threw them out anyway. Amanda and I thanked her for the meal and so did Sara. My fur was greasy because of the pizza So I got Amanda's attention and she picked me up. I didn't have to ask her to take me to the bathroom because when she picked me up I started to smell a stronger smell of grease and she saw me holding my nose (Which didn't really help because my hands had grease on them...).  She walked to the bathroom and put me down on the sink, then she started to wash her hands.

 

"Amanda, how am I supposed to use this sink?" I asked seeing not way for me to even reach the water.

 

"I have an idea." She said as she picked me up with her thumb and index fringer. She held me under the running water for a few seconds and put me back on the sink.

 

"Was that really necessary?" I asked annoyed because I was all wet.

 

"It got you clean didn't it?" She asked drying her hands on a towel by the sink.

 

"I guess, but now I'm all wet." I said.

 

"I can dry you with the towel." She suggested.

 

"Alright, but please do it gently." I said.

 

"Don't worry, I will." She said. After I was dry we went back out to Rebecca and Sara, Amadna kept me in her hand.

 

"Well it's getting pretty late, so you should probably start heading home." Rebecca said to Amanda.

 

"Alright, and thank you again for the food." Amanda said.

 

"No problem, you should stop by again sometime." Rebecca said.

 

"Ok, bye for now, and bye to you too Sara." Amanda said walking out the door with me in her hand.

 

We left her apartment and started to the exit of the building when something hit me. "Amanda?" I asked.

 

"Yeah?" She said.

 

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked.

 

Amanda stopped walking and said, "Oh yeah, we don't really have anywhere to go..."