- Text Size +

About ten minutes later Amadna came back into the alley behind the building with a bag in her hand. "What took you so long?" I asked.

"Well, there was a long line, I didn't know what to get and I had to read the prices." She said.

"You didn't spend all the money we had did you?" I asked.

"No, I didn't." she said.

"Well where is the change?" I asked.

"I put it in the bag." She said sitting down.

Amanda took out two wrapped up hamburgers and a bag of fries.  Amanda unwrapped the hamburgers and placed on on the ground on the wrapping for me. She took the other one in her hand and started to eat it. "How am I supposed to eat this?" I asked.

"What's wrong with it?" Amanda asked.

"It's bigger than me." I said.

Amanda looked down at me and said, "Well I can't make it any smaller, and you have sharp teeth, just keep biting into the meat."

I shrugged and walked over to the sandwich. By the time that I made a dent in the sandwich I was already full. I looked up at Amanda and she was finishing her hamburger. "You actually finished yours?" I asked.


"Yeah, why?" she asked starting to eat the fries. She looked at my sandwich and said, "Remeber they're normal sized to me."


"That's true, but I don't want to wast this whole sandwich. What should we do with it?" I asked.


"I'll just put it back in the bag and save it for later." She said. I walked off of the hamburger's wrapper and Amanda wrapped it back up and put it back in the bag. I remembered that she still hadn't told me what the money was worth so I asked her about it.


"Well it turns out that each unit is like a dollar back on earth so we have like five hundred dollars. Plus each of the hamburgers only costed a dollar so we have plenty left." She said.


"We still have to watch what we buy." I said.


"Why if we have so much?" She asked.


"Because we don't have any way to get anymore so we have to make it last as long as possible. We have no way of getting back home anytime soon so we have to survive here for a while." I said.


"I didn't really think about that..." She said. "What should we do now?"


"I don't know, maybe we should just look around for a while." I said.


"Alright, but I'll have to keep you in my fist." She said.


"Better then in your boot." I said. Amanda put her hand on the ground and I climbed on and sat down. As she closed her hand I started to notice a strong smell. The smell started making me nauseous and I wanted to know what it was. Amanda started walking and the movement added to the nausea. Normally I didn't mind the movement but now it made things worse. "Amanda...stop somewhere..." I said. Amanda didn't say anything but she started moving a little quicker so I assumed that she got the message. I heard a loud door close and Amanda put me down on what seemed to be a large sink. After a few minutes I felt better and I asked Amanda where we were.


"I'm pretty sure we are in a library's bathroom." She said. "By the way, why did you ask me to stop somewhere?"


"I was feeling really nauseous." I said.


"Why? You aren't getting sick are you?" She asked.


"No, I feel fine now. I think it was the grease on your hand from when you ate the hamburger." I said.


"Oh, sorry about that." She said turning the faucet of the sink.


"It's fine, just wash your hands now and we'll be fine." I said.


"Hey you know there was something interesting I saw on the way in here." She said while she was washing her hands.


"What was it?" I asked.


"Well I'm not sure because I kind rushed in here but I think that I did see another person that was your size." She said.


"Really? Where?" I asked.


"They looked like they were part lion and they were sitting on someone's shoulder reading a book with them." She said.


"So that means that there are people that are my size here, but I wonder why this is the first one we've seen." I said.


"You want to know something else?" She asked.


"What?" I asked.


"You remeber how I said that the little lion guy was sitting on someones shoulder?" She asked.


"Yeah..." I said.


"Well it turns out that the person that was carrying the lion boy was actually a mouse girl." She said.


"Wow I get it, the mouse was bigger." I said. "You know, maybe we should go out and see if they are still there. They may know why we haven't seen any other people my size."


"Alright, and now we know that you can ride on my shoulder." She said picking me up and putting me on her shoulder. She walked outside of the bathroom and I realised that I've never actually ridden on Amanda's shoulder so I was holding onto her shirt pretty tightly with my claws. I looked around and Amanda was right, it was like a giant library. Amanda kept on walking as if I wasn't there. She seemd to be looking around for those two people she saw earlier. After about fifteen minutes Amanda gave up and sat down in one of the chairs that were by some tables. I jumped from her shoulder and landed in front of her on the table. "Hey since we really don't know what to do now, I'm gonna go and find a book to read alright?" She said.


"Ok, I'll just wait here then." I said. Amanda wandered away to find something she'd like to read. I just sat there on the table waiting for her to come back. While sitting there I noticed someone that walked in the door. They actually looked just like me only female and a lot taller. She went to return some books at the front desk and then started to walk towards the table I was sitting on. She walked by me and went to take a book of the shelf that was near me. I figured that if I was going to ask anyone about why there weren't any other people my size here might as well be someone that looked similar to me, besides she was the only other person around other then Amanda. I decided to call up to her, "Hey, can you help me?" 


She turned around a saw me on the table. For some reason she looked around, probably to make sure that it was me that was calling her. Then she looked down at me again and said, "Sure I can help you.". The Wolf-girl reached for me but I started to feel a little worried and backed away from her. She laughed a little and said, "Don't worry, I won't hurt you..." At this point I didn't trust her at all but she caught me by my tail just like Amamnda would've and picked me up. I was scared because unlike Amanda this giant wolf girl wasn't my sister so might not be so nice to me. I tried to keep calm though because as of right now she had no reason to hurt me or anything. She started walking to the door that lead outside. I started to panic a little because I didn't want to be seaporated from Amanda. Luckily for me Amanda spotted me being taken away and she started to follow after us. I looked back and saw Amanda trying to catch up to us without bumping into people on the way. While she was walking the girl carrying me said, "By the way my name is Rebecca." Before I could say my name though Rebecca put me in her other hand and closed it to make a fist. Rebecca wasn't nearly as gentle as Amanda was, she actually started to hurt me a little when she was just trying to keep me in her hand.


"Hey, take it easy you're hurting me!" I shouted to her.


"I have to make sure you won't jump out of my hand." She said.


"I won't, you don't have to crush me!" I said.


"Alright, alright calm down you little baby." She said opening her hand.


She obviously didn't wan't to kill me so I was a little relieved but I still didn't know where she was taking me. What bothered me was that I couldn't see Amanda behind anymore. After a few more minutes of walking Rebecca turned and went into an apartment building. She took the elevator up a few floors and then walked down a hall into what must've been her apartment. Rebecca then walked into her bedroom and I saw that there were three other people that were my size standing on a table. One of them was a female fox, she had orange fur on most her body, white on her chest and I assumed her stomach and her hands, forearms, feet and shins had black fur. The other looked like a male bear who had completly brown fur and the last was a male tiger who was orange with black stripes. I saw the fox girl jump down to the ground but she dissapeard from my sight after that. Rebecca picked up the other two in the hand I wasn't in and they looked scared. She sat down on her bed and dropped the bear boy on the floor and said, "She'll tell you what to do." Then she looked at the tiger boy still in her hand and he was crying. I wonderd why but I soon got my answer. Rebecca lied back and lifted him over her open mouth.


The last thing that the tiger got to say was, "Please no!" before he fell into her mouth. At first I thought she was just trying to scare him but then I saw and heard her swallow him. I was paralyzed in fear because of what I had just seen and because I thought that I might be next. Rebecca sat back up and saw that I was scared and said to me, "Don't worry I won't do the same to you, as long as you behave." 


"T-Thank y-you." I said nervously. She tilted her hand so that I would fall off onto the bed. Then she got an angry look on her face and looked down to the two people that were on the ground. I looked down from the edge of the bed but all I saw was Rebecca getting up and intentionally stepping on the fox girl then walking away to a different room laughing softly. Jumping to the ground I saw the fox girl patting the depressed looking bear boy on the back. I walked over to them and asked them their names.


"Hi, My name's Sara." The girl said. The guy didn't say anything though. "Come on tell him your name." She said to him.


"Why does it matter, I'm not going to last long enough for him to remember it." He said.


"Come on you know she's nicer then that." Sara said.


"Yeah, only to you. She isn't that nice to the rest of us." He said.


I assumed they were talking about Rebecca so I said, "I don't know, she doesn't seem to be that mean..."


"Well that's probably because you're new but that'll change soon enough." He said.


I started to imagine that tiger being me in a few days. Then Sara said, "Don't listen to him, he's just in a bad mood."


We then heard footsteps coming from the behind the door. "Oh great she's coming back!" He shouted.


The door opened and Rebecca walked in. She sat back down on the bed and Sara whispered something to the bear. The bear just sat there with his arms crossed. Sara looked up at Rebecca and shrugged. Rebecca picked up the bear and put him inside a little black box. Then she got up (stepped on Sara again) and threw the box against the wall. The box fell and Rebecca just left it there. Rebecca said, "Alright new guy, you're gonna have to replace him."


I looked at Sara and she said, "She proably heard him shouting."


"Is she ever going to let him out?." I asked.


"If she remembers." She said.


"Well what happens now?" I asked.


"You have to do his job." She said.


"And what is that?" I asked.


"Just do as I do on the opposite paw alright?" She asked.


"Um, if you say so..." I said. Rebecca picked us both up and sat with her legs extended on her bed. She then placed us at each of her paws. I saw Sara start rubbing the giant paw in front of her. I copied with the paw in front of me, this wasn't hard because I did this for Amanda every day. Strangely enough Rebecca's paw didn't smell like Amanda's. It didn't smell worse because when Amanda wore her boots for a long time her feet got pretty bad. When I looked closer at Rebecca's paw I notced that on the grey fur and black pawpads there was a lot more dirt on them and I remembered that the whole time that I was with her she didn't wear any shoes. Both Sara and I kept this up for about fifteen minutes and I was starting to get tired. Sara on the other hand looked like she had an endless supply of energy becaue when I started to slow down she didn't. Another fiftenn minutes went by and I was concentrating on rubbing Rebecca's paw but didn't notice that Sara had stopped. Rebecca pushed me with her paw and I fell off the bed.

 

I was sitting on the ground and I looked up and saw Sara look down at me from the bed. She said, "Hey you'd better come back up here, you don't want her to come get you."

 

"Alright, I'm coming." I said climbing up the bed sheets. I found it a little strange that Sara was the one telling me what I should do rather than Rebecca but since Sara had been here longer she probably knew what we should do. When I got to the top I looked and saw that Rebecca was now reading a book and Sara was pointing at Rebecca's other paw. I walked over there but I didn't know what to do since Rebecca didn't want us to rub her paws anymore. Confused I looked back at Sara and Sara was licking Rebecca's paw. My first thought was "What the hell is she doing!?" but instead of saying that I walked over Sara and asked her why she was doing that.

 

She stopped and stood up and said, "This is what we are supposed to do, now go back to her other paw before she gets mad at you." Then she went back to licking the paw.

 

I walked back to the other paw and looked at it again. Some of the dirt was off and on my hands but I still wasn't going to lick her paw. I said, "There's no way I'm doing this." 

 

Rebecca put down her book and asked, "What did you say?"

 

"I'm not licking your paws." I said.

 

Rebecca picked me up and dangled by my tail by her face. She got a smile on her face but she seemed angry, she said, "Listen little guy you're lucky that you happen to be a wolf. You're also lucky that I have a soft spot for wolves, so start doing your job or your lucky streak will soon end. So are you going to behave?"

 

"Yes I will." I said looking down. She threw me back by her feet and I landed right next to Sara who was still licking Rebecca's paw. I walked over to her other paw and put my hands on it.

 

"What are you waiting for?" Rebecca asked. I looked and saw that this time Rebecca was watching me.

 

I stuck my tounge out and just as I was about to begin licking her paw there was knocking on the door. Rebecca sighed and got off the bed knocking us both over and stepped on us when she stood up. Sara just got up and then came over to help me up. When I asked her how she got us so fast after just being stepped on she said, "I'm just used to it."  Sara and I decided to check who was knocking so walked to the bedroom door to see who was at the front door.