- Text Size +

Amanda called up to me and told me to hurry up and I said, "My leg still hurts you know." She came up to the top of the stairs and tried to help me down. It was a decent effort but she wasn't nearly as strong as when she was big. When I looked at her trying to help me it felt so strange to be taller than her. She did what she could to help me down and I thanked her for it when we were walking into the kitchen. We saw that out parents weren't at the table. I sat down so that I wouldn't have to be on my leg and Amanda went to go look where our parents had been. She came back and told me that they said they'd be right back. Amanda sat down next to me and we waited for them to come back. When they came back our father was holding a bag. It was brown and looked pretty much like a backpack He set it down on the table and sat down along with our mother. They looked at me and asked why I had changed again. I remembered that they didn't know about my fast healing in this form.  "I heal really fast when I'm like this." I explained.

 

"So your leg is healed?" Our mother asked.

 

"No, not yet but by tommorow is should be good." I said.

 

"That's great to hear." She said. 

 

"Not to be rude or anything but why did you call us down?" I asked them.

 

"Well we heard you two earlier arguing and decided that we should tell you two something." Our father said.

 

"What is it?" Amanda asked impatiently.

 

Both our parents seemed like they didn't want to answer, but eventually our father said, "As you both already know you two aren't exactly normal."

 

Amanda and I looked at each other and she said, "Really? I hadn't noticed..." sarcastically.

 

"Yes well, there is a reason for this." He said.

 

"Yeah, I wasn't born here, I was found by Anthony." She said. Amanda looked a little upset because she had to be reminded of this event.

 

"Well that is what we told you, but that isn't entirly true..." He said.

 

"What do you mean it isn't true?" I asked.

 

"There is a little more to the story that what we have told you two." He said. Both Amanda and I didn't know waht to say to that. "We told you a different story for a reason."

 

Amanda seemed more upset about what they were saying then I was, and she was beggining to lose patience. "Why would you tell us a different story about where I came from?" She asked standing up.

 

"Amanda, calm down just let them say what they have to." I said to her holding her arm. She looked at me and sat down but she still looked pretty angry.

 

"We told you that Anthony had found you when he was three years old after following a green light he saw then brought you back and we took you in. That isn't what happened. What actually happend was that you're mother and I were sitting outside and we saw a light come down from the sky. We both followed it and on the way to where we saw it we saw Anthony playing with you. Anthony looked like a human so at first we thought that he was just a lost child with his pet cat but we found that no one had reported a lost child that he fit the discription of. We decided to adopt him and take you in too. After about a year you turned out to be intelligent as well and we raised you as our daughter and as his sister. The point of us telling you two this is that we assumed you two came from the same place and now Anthony's ability to change seemed to confirm it." Our father said.

 

"So we actually might be brother and sister?" Amanda asked.

 

"You two are." Our mother said.

 

"How do you know?" Amanda asked.

 

"Well last time your brother was like this we took a bit of fur from his laundry and had it tested along with your fur. They matched as siblings." Our mother said.

 

"That's great!" Amanda shouted as she gave me a hug. I didn't say anything yet, but I did give her a smile.

 

"So what is in the bag?" I asked.

 

"It's actually not ours." Our father said.

 

"Who's is it then?" I asked.

 

"It's yours, when we found you, you had this on your back." Our father said sliding it across the table to me. I was going to look into it but then I noticed something, Amanda wasn't happy anymore. In face she was quite the opposite. Amanda stood up and shouted at them, "Why the hell would you wait to tell us something like this? This isn't something you're supposed to hide and definitely not for thirteen years!"

 

"If we had told you before you two would've had too many questions that we wouldn't have the answers too." Our father said.

 

Amanda didn't want to calm down so I knew that trying to tell her to calm down wouldn't do us any good. She just stared at our parents with a furious look on her face for a while and left the room. I wasn't as angry as Amanda was, but I was upset so I just left the room with the bag and followed Amanda out to the shed. My leg actually started to hurt me less, but the pain that it gave me still caused me to limp a bit. The door was locked, and I wasn't surprised that she had locked it. "Amanda! let me in!" I shouted.

 

She opened the door and to my surprise she was still normal sized. I put my arm on her shoulder and walked her up to my bed. She was clearly upset again but this time not with me. She turned and lied down on my bed. I looked at her and said, "Hey isn't this supposed to be my bed?" I asked.

 

"You want me to get up?" She asked.

 

"No, I was joking you can stay there." I said.

 

"So, did you check what's in the bag?" She asked.

 

"No, not yet but we could look in it now." I said.

 

"Alright then, let's have a look." She said sitting up again.

 

I picked up the bag and noticed that although it was supposed to be mine from years ago it seems like it was designed for someone that was my size now. It must've been pretty big back when I was young. This bag felt strangly familiar but I'm not sure if Amanda felt the same way. I opened the bag and took out a few things. First there were two green blankets, they were folded up andI left them on the floor. Then I took out a toy, it looked like a dogs chew toy in the shape of a bone, so I assumed that it must have been mine form a long time ago. I didn't really rememeber it at all but it must have been pretty important to me to have kept it with me while coming to earth from a different planet or wherever Amanda and I came from. Then there was a little furry mouse toy which I assmued was Amanda's. She looked at it and I gave it to her. It seemed like even at her age now she'd still get some entertainment from it. There was also a picture of Amanda and I when we were younger, only I looked like I did right now back then. There were also two collars in the bag. One was smaller than the other, clearly one was mine and one was Amanda's. I gave her the smaller one and she looked at it. I examined mine, or the one that I assumed to be mine, and saw something strange. Usually on a collar we would put on a pet here there would be a part that had it's name but on these there was only a number engraved in a little metal plate on it. I put the bag on the floor and noticed that mine had a number 99 on it and Amanda's had a number 100 on it. "What do you think the numbers mean?" I asked her.

 

"No idea at all." She said.

 

Amanda stood up and accidentally stepped on the bag that I left on the floor. She said, "Ouch!" and fell back onto my bed and grabbed her paw.

 

"What happened?" I asked her.

 

"I stepped on something in the bag and now my paw is hurt." She said

 

"But the bag is empty..." I said.

 

"Obviously not." Amanda said opening the bag. She took out a small metal cube.

 

"Huh, I didn't notice that..." I said. Amanda looked at it and examined it all over, but it was just a heavy solid metal cube. She threw it by the door and it made a loud sound as it hit the ground. "I wanted to see it too." I said.

 

"Well it was just a cube, so you can go get it if you want it." She said rubbing her paw again.

 

"Maybe later because now I'm tired, we should probably go to bed now." I said.

 

"But my paw still hurts." She said.

 

"I'm not rubbing your paws again tonight." I said.

 

"Oh alright..." She said. Then she started to grow and she jumped onto her bed. After she grew to her usual height of fifty feet she picked me up by my tail and placed me on her bed by her paws.

 

"Amanda, I told you that I didn't want to take care of your paws." I said.

 

"I know, but didn't you want to sleep on my paw?" She asked.

 

"Your pawpads are comfortable, so sure." I said. She lied down on her stomach and I climbed onto her paw. Her paw smell was stronger because of my increased sense of smell but I didn't mind it at all. I was tired after a while and so I fell asleep qpretty quickly on her paw.