- Text Size +

The next day, I woke up feeling better than last night. I was still a little dizzy, but it wasn't as bad as yesterday. I looked over to Amanda and saw that she wasn't in her bed. Then I noticed that my leg didn't hurt. It took me a few minutes to make the connection and I put my hand on top of my head and felt my ear. I heard the door open and ran into the bathroom. My leg hurt me when I got up but I dealt with it and went on to the bathroom. When I saw my reflection I saw that I was back to my wolf form. "Are you kidding me!?" I shouted. 

"Anthony? Something wrong?" Amanda said. I didn't answer her, I was busy thinking about what happened for me to change.  Then I heard lound banging on the door. Instead of saying anything I just thought it'd be better to go out. Amanda saw me and picked me up. She smiled and asked, "So you decided to change after all?"

"Well, kinda." I said.

She placed me on her open hand and I sat down on her palm indian-style and she said, "What do you mean kinda?"

"I didn't actually try to change, I was just thinking about it and when I woke up I was like this. Didn't you see that I had changed?" I asked.

"No, I woke up and saw you were still asleep and since you were hurt I didn't want to bother you." She said, "And then I just finished with schoolwork so I came to check on you."

"Oh, alright." I said.

"By the way, is your leg better? I saw that you were limping a little." She asked.

"Suprisingly it still does hurt." I said. Then I started to take off the bandages.

"Anthony, I already have a stain on my other hand's fur of your blood, don't mess up this hand too." She said.

"Don't worry, I'm sure it isnt bleeding unless I were to take out the stitches." I said.

"Alright then." She said. I took off the bandages to see that it looked almost healed, but it still wasn't too good. Amanda looked at it and said, "It's alright, I can still carry you around in here if you need it."

"Thanks, but I just hope this heals fast." I said.

"Me too, I don't like seeing you hurt." She said.

"Well for all I know it could before night time."  I said.

"A bullet wound the healed over night, that'd sure make the papers don't you think?" she asked.

"Yeah, it'd be right next to the article about the giant catgirl." I said. She stuck her tounge out at me and put me down on the floor and shrank down to her normal height.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Going to the bathroom, it's hard to find giant bathrooms around here you know." She said walking away.

I was sitting on the floor so I decided to try and stand up. As I was doing this I heared knocking on the door to the shed. I limped over there and opened the door thinking it was one of my parents, they probably wouldn't be surprised to see me like this again, but when I opened it I saw that it wasn't them. My ears went down and my tail as well, I saw that it was John. All I could think to do was close the door and pretend he didn't just see me. Ignoring the pain in my leg I went up the stairs and went to my bed. By the time I got there my leg was killing me and I didn't want to move from that spot anymore. Amanda came out of the bathroom and wondered where I went. John started knocking at the door and Amanda went to go open it. She said hi to him and let him in. John kept looking around and Amanda asked him why.


"I saw someone else here." He said. She gave him a confused look and he said, "They looked kind of like you but with grey fur, but they saw me and closed the door."

Amanda now knew that he was talking about me, but she thought it would be mean to just tell him about me knowing that I didn't want her to. "John, can you wait outside for a mintue or two?" She asked.

"Um, sure..." He said as he walked out of the shed and closed the door.

Amanda grew and looked over to my bed and saw me sitting there. "So, he saw you?" She asked.

"Unfortuantly... I thought it was one of our parents but when I saw it wasn't I just closed the door and got myslef up here." I said.

"You walked up all those stairs with a hurt leg?" She asked.

"Yeah it hurt like hell but I wasn't focused on that when I was coming up here." I said.

"I want you to come down here and tell him that it was you." She said.

"No, just tell him that I'm not here or something." I said.

"Why? You know that he won't say anything, he's kept me a secret right?" she asked.

"I know, but I still don't want him here while I'm like this." I said.

She looked away and said, "You know, you didn't give me the choice when you showed me to him."

"Look, I'm sorry about that but it worked out for the best didn't it?" I asked.

"And maybe this will too." She said reaching for me.

"Amanda stop it, I'm hurt remember?" I said pushing away her fingers.

"Don't worry, I won't pick you up by your leg or anything." She said. I kept trying to keep her hand away from me and she strarted to get a little annoyed. I could tell she really was trying not to hurt me because she wasn't forcing my arms back but her patience was thinning. "Stop struggling like a little kid." Then she took both hands and picked me up. She had a lot more strength then i thought, but it was probably because she never tried to force me physically. Amanda took my tail between her thumb and dangled me from my tail again.

I crossed my arms and said, "This isn't fair, your fifty feet tall and I'm not even six."

"Hey I didn't hurt you did I?" She asked.

"No, but you wouldn't be able to do this if you were normal sized." I said.

"But I'm not normal sized am I?" She said. I didn't feel like responding to her so I just looked away. Amanda shouted, "John you can come back in now."

"What were you doing, It's been like ten minutes?" John asked as he walked back into the shed. He looked at me dangling by my tail and asked, "Who is he?"

I looked down at him and said, "You don't recognize me?"

He got a surprised look on his face and asked, "Anthony? Is that you?"

"Yeah..." I said.


"How is that you? I saw you yesterday and you were a human." He asked.


"Well I look different now." I said.


"I can see that." He said.


There was a bit of scilence because none of us knew what to say. Amanda put me down on the ledge then picked John up and placed him on the night table near me. Amanda sat down on her bed and looked at us. Amanda finnaly decided to break the scilence by asking, "Hey, so is your leg feeling better?"


"It's only been one day it couldn't be that much better." John said.


"Actually it's almost healed, but it still hurts." I said.


"How is that possible?" He asked me.


"When he's like that he heals really fast." Amanda said.


"So you've been like this before?" He asked.


"Yeah, once but it was only for the weekend." I said.


"But you looked completely normal for school on monday." He said.


"I can change back to human, it just takes a while." I said.


"The same way it takes a while for him to change to this form." Amanda said.


"Hey now that you're like this can you grow as big as her?" He asked.


"No, I'm the only one that gets to do that." Amanda said smiling.


"So you can but she doesn't let you?" He asked.


"No, if I could grow I would." I said.


"But you can't." Amanda said sticking her tounge out at me.


"Well I can heal fast and that's good enough for me." I said.


"But wait, I don't want to sound rude or anything but you said that you were a human. Like you were born here and such, what happened to that?" He asked.

"I was, but somehow this happened. Although I'm happy that it's controllable." I said. Amanda looked a little upset when I said it like that. I didn't really want to comment on that because it would open the door to another argument and that'd be bad with John here. 

 

"So what animal are you exactly?" John asked.

 

"Well we just assumed that he was a wolf." Amanda said.

 

"Yeah that seems right." John said. "Hey you know what'd be funny, if instead of growing you shrank."

 

"That'd be awful, like I need to be any smaller when my little sister is already fifty feet tall." I said.

 

"I don't know, I think it'd be funny." John said.

 

"Yeah, me too." Amanda said.

 

"I know something that'd be funny, Amanda you should play cat and mouse with him." I said.

 

"That does sound like fun." She said.

 

"I'd rather not." John said but Amanda disregarded him. She picked him up and placed him on the ground by her paws.

 

"Since you're the only one I'm chasing you only get two minutes to hide." She said to him.

 

John looked up at me still sitting on the night table. I said, "I'd love to play too, but I'm hurt remember?"

 

He ran under the night table and I watched Amanda chase after him. They ran back and forth around the room, well John ran Amanda crawled after him. I could see a smile on Amanda's face but I couldn't see John's. He knew that She wouldn't hurt him but he did see her put me in her mouth and that might have scared him into running as fast as he could. I had to admit that he had a decent amount of stamina but after about ten minutes he was slowing and Amanda noticed this too. She began to slow down a bit as well, not because she was tired, but because she was trying to make John think she was. They went on for another fifteen minutes before John ran under the desk and stopped to catch his breath. Amanda stood up and waitied for him to come out. John saw Amanda's paws stop moving from under the desk and knew that she was waiting for him. Knowing this he just decided to run out and try to get away but when he did Amanda moved her paw and he ran into it. John, now on his back, then saw Amanda's other paw coming down on top of him. John was scared now because even though he knew Amanda was his friend it looked a lot like she was going to step on him. She put her paw on top of him and pinned him leaving his head between her toes. Although I found it funny that it wasn't me under her paw for once, I was afraid Amanda would get carried away so I said, "Hey I think he gets the idea, you should let him up now."

 

"Alright." She said lifting her paw off of him and picking him up. Amanda placed him down on the night table and said, "Well that was a fun game."

 

John was panting from running so much and he lied down on the table. Then he said, "So how long until your leg heals and you can join in on the fun Anthony?"

 

"Probably another day." I said. 

 

"Two days for a bullet wound, that's a little ridiculous don't you think?" He asked.

 

"Haha I guess so, but it's like a trade off for how I look." I said. Amanda without saying anything shrank down and walked out of the shen and into the house.

 

"What happend?" John asked.

 

I didn't understand why Amanda left until I thought about what I had just said. I knew that I had made her upset again and she probably went into the house to prevent John from seeing her like that. I looked at John and said, "Hey I think you should go home, I have to go and talk to her."

 

"Alright then I'll see you later, hope she's alright." He said walking down the stairs. When he left I stood up and my leg started to hurt again. It wasn't as bad as before but it still hurt. I tried to just ignore it but as I kept going it got worse. By the time I reached the bottom of the stairs I was trying to hop on one foot so that my other leg wouldn't hurt anymore. While I was leaving the shed I remembered that I had crutches back up by my bed. I wished I had remembered it sooner but I didn't and it'd be really stupid to go back for them now. I walked into the house and saw Amanda sitting on the couch watching tv. She saw me and walked away. I limped after her upstairs and to her room. She tried to close the door on me but I stopped her and she just sat down on her old bed. I took the chair from under her old desk and sat down.

 

"Amanda, why are you mad at me?" I asked her. I knew why but I wanted to know what she'd say.

 

"Stop saying that looking like that is such a bad thing, at least you get to change back whenever you want." She said.

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad." I said.

 

"I know you didn't and it's pretty selfish of me to want you to stay like that." She said.

 

"It's not selfish, anyone else who was in your position would want someone like them around. And knowing that someone could be like them would make them want that person to be the same as them." I said.

 

"That was confsuing." She said.

 

"I guess it was." I said.

 

"Can I ask you for a favor then?" She asked.

 

"That depends, what is it?" I asked.

 

"Will you stay like this for a few more days?" She asked.

 

"Amanda, I have to go to school and I don't want to go if I'm in this form." I said.

 

"They think you're out with a bullet wound, most people take more than two days to heal from that." She said.

 

"True, but still the school doesn't even know about that and I'd rather keep it a secret." I said.

 

"Now you're just trying to find excuses." She said.

 

It wasn't that I didn't want to make her happy by staying in wolf form but I just didn't like it that much because I wasn't used to it yet. Plus I didn't like being at home all day either. I wasn't that social at school either but it was still getting out of the house. "Amanda I'm trying not to make you upset again, but I don't really like being in this form." I said.

 

"Well that's cause your not used to it yet." She said.

 

"I don't want to stay at home for a week just to get used to it." I said.

 

"You're just lucky that you have the choice you know that? If this situation was reversed I'd be happy to stay in cat form for a few days." she said. At this point we were nearly shouting at each other.

 

"Well it isn't my fault that I was born a human is it? It just happened this way." I said.

 

"A few days of your life wouldn't kill you you know." She said.

 

"I don't want to stay like this alright, I prefer being normal." I said.

 

Then she stood up and said, "I should just stomp you into the ground."

 

Her threat sunk in and for the first time I remembered the dream I had a while ago. It was the night after she grew accidentally I dreamt that she was crushing me under her foot and was scared out of my mind. When I woke up though I was fine, but I felt that this time if I kept pushing her then that nightmare could possibly become a reality. I looked at Amanda and backed away a little in the chair I was in. She was still angry with me so I decided to say, "Alright, I'm sorry."

 

"You're only saying that now because you're scared of me. That isn't what I wanted..." She said.

 

"Well there's that and I actually am sorry." I said. Amanda didn't say anything, she just looked away. "Look, I'll stay like this for a few days if you want."

 

"Really?" She asked.

 

"Yeah." I said. She gave me a hug and had a smile on her face again. I was so confused that I had to ask, "Are you really the same girl who just a few minutes ago threatend to stomp me into the ground?"

 

"Yup just in a better mood." She said.

 

I sighed was going to painfully get up when Amanda said, "Wait, don't go yet."

 

"What so you need?" I asked sitting back down.

 

"Rub my feet for me." She said putting her foot on my good leg.

 

"Alright fine." I said. "You know I remember when you used to ask me to do this..."

 

"That was before I knew you liked my feet." She said.

 

"I don't like your feet." I said.

 

"Whatever you say, just keep rubbing them." She said. After about fifteen minutes we heard our parents calling us downstairs and Amanda went to go check on what they needed. She came back in the room saying that they need to talk to us.

 

"Great they probably heard us arguing." I said.

 

"It's not that big of a deal, just come on." She said.

 

"Alright I'm coming." I said as I got up and limped downstairs to the kitchen where my parents and Amanda were waiting.