- Text Size +

I woke up in the hospital feeling really dizzy and light headed. After a while I could see John sitting in a chair in the room I was in and there was a Doctor looking at a chart. The doctor looked puzzled though, as if he didn't know what he was looking at. I wasn't really surprised that I didn't see Amanda in the room because I knew she wouldn't come to a public place like this. I wouldn't want to either if I was in my wolf form. After a few more minutes I saw my parents walk in. Then the doctor started talking to my parents.

 

"Well he's lost a lot of blood so we need to give him a blood transfusion, but there is a problem." The doctor said.

 

"What is it?" My mother asked sounding worried.

 

"Well we don't have his blood type in the hospital." He said.

 

Then John got up and said, "I have O- blood, I can give some to him."

 

"No, that won't work." The doctor said.

 

"But isn't O- the universal donor?" My father asked.

 

"Well yes, but his blood is different." The Doctor said. John kept quiet as he was intrested in finding out what he ment by different. The doctor turned to my parents and said, "You see, we took a blood sample since we didn't have any records of him here to find out what his blood type was and it didn't match up with any of the four ones we know."

 

My parents looked at each other then looked back at the doctor and said, "Well how many people know about his strange blood type?"

 

"Just me you and the boy that brought him in." The doctor said.

 

"Well listen, we need you to not tell anyone about this alright?" My father said to the doctor very seriously.

 

"Legaly I can't tell anyone without his concent anyway, so that won't be a problem." The doctor said.

 

"If we can get blood that matches his type here will you be able to use it?" My father asked.

 

"Well since this is a special case I suppose we could do that, but we would not hold any liabilities for anything that would happen to him because of it." The doctor said.

 

"That's fine." My father said.

 

John sat back down and saw that I had woken up. My parents left the room and they seemed to be in a hurry, the Dotor left as well. "Hey how you doing?" John asked me.

 

"Well I have a bullet in my leg and am really light headed." I said.

 

"Actually they took the bullet out already, and I told them what happened." John said.

 

When he said that I got worried that he had told what actually happened and asked, "Wait, you didn't tell them about Amanda right? 

 

"No, i didn't. I knew that both of you would kill me and I especially don't want to make her mad at me." He said.

 

"What, I'm not scary at all?" I asked.

 

"Not when you're lying in a hospital bed you aren't." He said.

 

"Yeah I guess, but don't tell me you're still scared of Amanda. You know she wouldn't hurt you." I said.

 

"I know she wouldn't hurt me but I heard you two talking and she wanted to kill Greg." John said.

 

"I didn't think you were awake until after that little conversation." I said.

 

"I was awake, just not moving yet." John said.

 

"Don't let that scare you, she was just really mad at him for trying to kill us and the fact that I got hurt didn't help." I explained.

 

"I suppose you're right, but still how aren't you sacred around Amanda? I mean I know shes supposed to be your sister but still she can hurt you even by accedent just by stepping on you by mistake." He said.

 

"Amanda is my sister and shes careful around us, you know that." I said.

 

For a little while, John didn't say anything, he just sat there. Then he asked, "Hey you heard what the doctor said about your blood right?" 

 

"Yeah I did." I said.

 

"Well do you know where they're going to get the blood?" He asked.

 

"Not really, but I think I have an idea." I said. Then I realised that if I said too much then he might somehow put together that I could change forms and I didn't want him to know about that.

 

"Well what is it?" He asked.

 

"Never mind, it's stupid." I said looking away.

 

"Well I'm going to get a soda, you want anything?" He asked.

 

"No, I'm fine thanks." I said.

 

After John came back and sat down. We were both quiet and were waiting for my parents or doctor to come back with an update or something. When the doctor came in he saw that I was awake and told me that my parents would be back shortly. Then he just looked back at the charts on the desk and closed them in a folder. Then he walked over to John and said, "Young man, visiting hours will be over soon so I'm going to have to ask you to leave soon."

 

"Alright, but is there a phone I can use to call my parents?" He asked.

 

"Sure, it's outside at the nurse's station." The doctor said.

 

"I'll come back tommorow to check on you alright Anthony?" John asked.

 

"Alright see you then." I said. 

 

John left and the doctor asked me how I was doing. "Well my leg hurts and I feel really light headed."

 

"Alright, that's normal for someone whose lost blood so you're doing fine." He said. Just then my parents walked in with a small bag of blood in a cooler.

 

"Alright, this blood should match his." My father said.

 

"Well before I do anything I have to do a simple test to make sure that they have similar reactions." He said taking out a strange tool that he had in the closet of the room. "Alright, strangely enough the two blood types do match and I can give him this blood." He said.

 

After he gave me the blood transfusion my I asked him if I would be able to go home now. He said that since I wasn't bleeding and they'd already taken care of the bullet and stitched up the wound that there should be no reason that I had to stay. The only problem was that I couldn't walk on the leg that I was shot it so I had to leave the hospital with crutches. I didn't like how they felt, but it was much worse if I actually tried to walk on my hurt leg. During the car ride home my parents were very quiet, and I didn't think it would be a good idea to ask them where they got the blood from so I just kept quiet as well. When we got home I made my way back to the shed and opened the door. To my relief Amanda's boots weren't there anymore. Amanda was sitting at her desk when she heard me come in. As I expected she was already at her standered 50ft tall size. She got up and walked over to me, then she got on one knee and picked me up gently and put me in her other hand. I noticed that this was the hand she carried me in earlier because there was a little stain of blood in her palm's fur. "So, are you feeling alright?" She asked me.

 

"Well my leg is hurt and I'm still pretty lightheaded but otherwise I'm alright." I said to her.

 

"I guess you won't be able to walk anywhere for a while huh?" She asked.

 

"Not without these annyoing crutches." I said.

 

"Well anything that you need in here I could carry you for and I'll bring your food here so you won't need to move that much." She said.

 

"Thanks Amanda, that's nice of you." I said.

 

"It's no trouble." she said with a smile. "Besides, its not like you weigh that much to me when I'm this size."

 

"That's true." I said, "By the way, what happened after I passed out?"

 

Amanda took me an placed me on my bed then sat down on hers. Then she said, "Well I brought you guys back and John went with you to the hospital."

 

"I meant with Greg, did he run away crying?" I asked.

 

"Haha no, he passed out while he was pinned under my foot." She said.

 

"You didn't hurt him right?" I asked.

 

"Even though he deserved it, no I didn't. He must've just passed out from fear." She said.

 

"It was probably because of the smell of your feet." I said.

 

"You mean the smell that you've come to love?" She asked with a laugh.

 

"I don't love the smell, I just don't mind it." I pointed out.

 

"Whatever you say." She said. "Oh, I just realised something."

 

"What is it?" I asked.

 

"Now that you're hurt you wont be able to take care of my feet." She said.

 

"Yeah I'm going to miss that so much." I said sarcastically.

 

"I know you will and so will I so hurry up and get better." She said.

 

"I can't heal myself any faster you know." I said.

 

Amanda lied down in her bed and I did too. I was tired after a long day like today and I'll bet Amanda was too. I started to close my eyes and drift off to sleep. I tried to forget about what happened today and just relax but as soon as I was about to slip into sleep mode Amanda jumped up and made me jump up to. "Hey Anthony I got it!" She said to me.

 

"Amanda! What the hell you almost gave me a heart attack!" I shouted at her.

 

"Oops, sorry about that." She said.

 

"Well what did you get that was so important?" I asked her a little annoyed.

 

"Remember when you got cut in your wolf form and it healed in less that a half hour?" She asked.

 

"Yeah I do, what about it?" I asked.

 

"Well If you changed to your wolf form then your leg would heal much faster." She said excitedly.

 

"Amanda, although you're probably right I don't think that'd be such a good idea..." I said.

 

"Why not? You'd get better, won't have pain when you try to walk, won't need crutches and best of all you can start taking care of my feet again." She said.

 

"I don't know, I'll think about it alight?" I said to her while I layed back down.

 

Amanda layed back down and said, "One more thing, If you do change back I'll let you sleep on my paw tommorow night."

 

"Goodnight Amanda." I said.

 

"Goodnight." she said.

 

While I lied there in bed I thought about it, and she was right. It does seem like a better idea but I just didn't like to be in that form. Although it made Amanda happy when I was in that form because it reminded her that she wasn't alone. Plus her paws are more comfortable than my bed. I kept thinking about it as I drifted off to sleep.