- Text Size +

While the three of us were walking I was thinking about something. When we were being chased by Amanda I felt like I was supposed to be scared. It was a strange feeling, as I knew Amanda would never intentionally hurt me or John for that matter. Yet I still had this feeling, like it wasn't a game, like we were being chased for real. I was lost in though and I didn't notice that I was about to walk into a tree. Amanda pulled me out of the way and I snapped back to reality.
"Something wrong?" She asked.


"No I was just thinking about something." I said.


"Well watch hwere you're going, you dont wanna walk into a tree." She said.


"Yeah, that'd probably hurt." John said.


"No kidding." I said.


"Anyway, where are we going?" He asked.


"I don't know." Amanda said.


"Well don't we usually stop at the clearing that's at the end of this path?" I asked.


"Yeah I guess we could stop there." Amanda said.We walked for a while before I noticed that were getting close. Then I said, "Lets race there, I bet I could beat you two." 


"Alright." Amanda said.


"Sure." John said.


"Alright then, ready, set , go!" I said and we all started running. Even though we were close there was still at least a ten minute walk left. Of course, running would get us there sooner. Amanda led the way, probably because John and I had been tired from evading her earlier. Eventually though she started slowing down, right when we were real close. John and I only saw this as her getting tired so we didn't think anything of it. Not wanting to leave her behind, but still not wanting to lose, I grabbed her arm and made her run along with me.

"No, Anthony wait-" She said, but I interuppted her saying, "If we wait we'll lose."
John was hte fist one to get there and when he did he stopped. When I got to the clearing, I saw that there were three people already there. I assumed that this is why Amanda had stopped, she must've heard them before. I let go of Amanda's arm and she was going to run the other way, homping that they didn't already see her but she knew it was too late when one of them shouted to us, "Hey, what the hell is that thing?" while pointing at her. I recognized the one who said it, it was that kid Greg from school. Amanda's ears went down and she was looking at the ground, she was obviously upset by what he had said, but I didn't say anything because I didn't know if he was trying to be mean or if he was just surprised. He kept staring at her, and walked close to us. "What is that?" he said again.

"Shut up!" Amanda shouted to him.

"Wow, guys look it can talk. It's some sort of freak." Greg said to his friends.

I started to get mad, because now I knew he was just trying to be mean to her. "Well at least she looks better than you do." I said to him.

He gave me an angry look, and walked up to me. I backed away, I wasn't sure what he was gonna do, but all he did was ask, "What did you say to me?"

"You heard me." I said, trying to be tough about it. Before I could say anything else I felt Greg's fist hit my face. I fell back and covered my eye where he hit me. Greg laughed at me and then I saw Amanda jump on his back. At first Greg just grabbed one of her hands to get her off casually, but when Amanda dug her claws into him he started flailing. His frineds ran over to get her off of him. At this point John wasn't doing anything, I assumed that he was scared of Greg so I didn't really say anything to him. When John's friends got Amanda off of him I got back up Greg tried to hit me again, but I managed to avoid him and hit him. Even though I hit him in his face he didn't even flinch, he just took it. I knew I wasn't the strongest kid ever, but it should've done something. Both of Amanda's arm were being held by Greg's friends so instead of worrying about Greg I tried to go after his friends. John decided to help me out and we both went after the two holding Amanda's arms. When they saw us running at them they let go of her and tried to hit us first. I managed to avoid the one after me, but John got hit and fell down. Amanda started clawing at the one hitting John ripping through the kid's shirt and causing him many cuts on his back. I knew that her claws could really hurt someone from when she clawed my arms years ago. He eventually ran away and we didn't see him again. The other one just backed away and stayed back. While we were focused on him, Greg came from behind me and hit John. He fell down and didn't get back up. Amanda and I went up to Greg and I punched him in the stomach as hard as I could. This time he did look like it hurt a little, but not that much. Amanda couldn't see a chance to jump on him again but when Greg swung at me she managed to scratch his arm. Eventually we saw gregs face get really red and it was obvious he was getting mad.

"Alright, I've had enough of this!" He shouted at us.

"Well what you gonna do?" I asked.

"This!" He shouted as he pulled out a gun and shot me in the leg. I fell down and grabbed my leg. The bullet hit me right above my knee. He then pointed the gun at Amanda with an evil smile on his face. As soon as Greg pulled the gun out and shot me Amanda got a terrified look on her face, but when she saw me on the ground with a bullet in my leg she got furious at Greg. Out of options, she knew that there was only one other thing she could do. She grew herself to fifty feet tall and looked down at Greg. Greg's evil smile dissapeard and was replaced by a face of true fear. He dropped his gun and fell back. Amanda lifted her foot and put it down on him, making sure not to put much pressure on him. Then Amanda picked John and I up and put us both in her right palm. John had been knocked out and still hadn't gotten up. Amanda saw us both and got even angrier. Amanda started to apply more pressure to the foot on top of Greg and I began to hear Greg screaming.


"Amanda, what are you doing?" I asked her.


"Giving this guy what he deserves." She said.


"You can't kill him!" I shouted.


"Why not? He tried to kill us." She said.


"Still, it wouldn't be right." I said to her. She lifted some of the pressure but made sure to keep him pinned under her foot.


Amanda closed her eyes and sighed and said, "Fine." to me. Then she looked down at Greg, whose face she could see between her toes, and said, "You'd better keep quiet about this, and never come back to this spot again." Greg nodded and Amanda looked back at Greg's friend who was both shocked and afraid and said, "That goes for you too, and tell your other friend not to come back either." Greg's friend ran away and Amanda looked back at Greg and Amanda laughed a bit.


"You know I'd hate to ruin your good time, but I'm sort of bleeding here." I said, still holding my leg. Just then John woke up. "Hey Amanda, I think John is waking up." I said to her.


"What happend?" He asked weakly. "Why are you bleeding?"


"Well in short, Greg shot me and now he's cowering in fear pinned under Amanda's foot." I said.


"What!?" He asked. He got up and asked where I got shot. I told him that I got hit in the leg and its been bleeding for a little while, but I'd been holding it to try and stop as much as I could.


"Anthony, you dont look too good, we need to get you home so we can call an ambulance or something." Amanda asked.


"Nah, lets just stay here till I bleed out." I said sarcastiaclly. I was starting to feel light headed.


"What do I do with the trash?" She asked.


"Just let him go." I said.

"He passed out a while ago." She said. "It wasn't me, all I did was keep him pinned." Before I could say anything though I blacked out. Amanda was focused on Greg, she took her foot off of him and picked up the gun that Greg had and kept it in the hand that we weren't in. When Amanda looked back at her hand she saw that I want moving and that John had torn a strip from my shirt. "John, what are you doing? Why isn't Anthony moving?" She asked.

 

"He passed out, and he needs something to help stop the bleeding so im going to tie a strip of his shrit around the wound." He said.

 

"Alright, once you're done I'll get us home quickly." Amanda said.

 

When they got to the house Amanda let John down by the back of the house placed me on the ground by the back door and sharnk down to her normal size. She ran inside and called for an ambulance. When she came back outside she said to John, "I need you to go with him to the hospital Alright?"

"Aren't you going to go with him?" He asked.

 

"No, you know I can't." She said.

 

"Your borther is going to the hospital Amanda, you should go with him." He said to her.

 

"And what? Cause more of a distarction than a fire?" She said, "I'm not going, so you take him."

 

"Fine, well what do I say when they ask me what happend?" He asked.

 

"Just say we were in the woods and someone shot him by accedent." She said.

 

"Alright then." He said. He heard the ambulance coming and said, "You sure you don't want to come?" Amanda didn't say anything she just walked back to the shed and went inside. The paramedics came to the back and took me into the ambulance. Jonh got in as well and we left to the hospital.