- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Some bottled up feelings come out...

When I came out Amanda was normal size and shouted up to me that it was time for dinner. That's when I realized that I didn't really want to tell my parents about this right away. I walked down the stairs and asked Amanda not to tell them anything about me.
 
"Well aren't they going to see you?" She asked.
 
"I'm just going to stay here, tell them that I wasn't hungry or something." I said.
 
"You didn't keep any of the secrets I told you to keep." She said.
 
"I know, I know, but can't you do me this favor?" I asked.
 
"Look, I would but I just don't wanna lie to them. Besideds they are going to find out eventually." She said.
 
"I don't want them to know now, ok?" I said.
 
"I told you I'm not lying to them." She said as she started walking for the door.
 
"I wonder what they'd think if I told them that you almost ate me twice." I said.
 
She stopped and turned to face me. Then she said, "They would probably be as surprised as your friend would be if I told him that you were in love with my feet." I could tell she was getting mad at me and I was getting mad at her.


"That isn't true." I said to her.


"Yes it is and you know it." She said, walking back to the door.


"Well you know what, maybe I should've just left you out there all those years ago! I shouldnt've taken you back with me, then maybe if you were never here I wouldn't be like this!" I shouted at her. She didn't say anything. She just looked at the door than looked back at me. There was something different about her though. She was crying. I had never seen Amanda cry, I assumed that she simply couldn't because she has been really upset before and she's never shed a tear. When I saw this, I calmed down and said, "Amanda-"


But she didn't let me finish she just shouted "Fine then" and ran out the door.


I couldn't believe what I said to her. She was my sister and the only one who knew what I was going through. And I just told her that I regeret bringing her into this family. I sat down on the ground and just kept thinking about how she must've felt. She really did think that me becoming part wolf was her fault and I knew almost for sure that it wasn't. Amanda was always treated like an outcast for how she looked, but the few people she could be comfortable with were her family, we never said anything bad to her. Until today, I was mad at myself, I knew she didn't want to see me but I thought that the best thing to do would be to go find her. I got up and walked toward the door. I was going to get shoes on but when I tried to put them on they didn't fit. Then I realized that with the claws on my feet I needed shoes that were bigger, even Amanda wore shoes that were a size bigger than she really needed. I ran outside and didn't have any idea where she went. I knew she wouldn't go into the anywhere people would be though, so I assumed that she was in the woods again. I ran into the woods and followed the usual path. It was weird, I could actually tell where she'd been because of the scent. About halfway between out house and the clearing in the woods I notcied that her scent was coming from a different direction. I suppose that she changed direction just to try and throw me off incase I tried to follow after her. I turned off the usual path and followed her scent. I kept walking until I heard some sobbing. I looked for he but didn't see her anywhere. I called out her name but she didn't respond. Then I looked up in one of the trees and saw that she was sitting up there crying.

 

"Amanda, come down from there!" I shouted up to her.

 

"Get out of here!" She she shouted back.

 

"Come on I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said back there." I said.

 

"Yes you did, now go home, you still have one that wants you. I've only been a burden to you all."  She said. 

 

"I'm not leaving here without you!" I shouted.

 

She jumped down from the tree and grew herself to her full height of a hundred feet tall. Then she picked me up by my tail and brought me up to her face and said, "Go home!" 

 

Her voice sounded like thunder and with my amplified hearing it hurt. I grabbed my ears and said, "I don't care what you do to me I'm not leaving here unless you come with me." 

 

"I'm giving you a final warning, go home now!" She said.

 

"I'm not going anywhere." I said. She then lowered me to her waist height and dropped me to the ground. I fell about thirty five feet to the ground. I thought I broke both my legs but When I looked I was not injured at all. I stood up and Amanda looked down to me with a surprised look. "You ready to go home?" I asked.

 

"I told you, you're better off without me." She said.

 

"No, we aren't! I need you home, you are the only one who knows the situation that I'm in." I said. "You are my sister and you have always been my only real friend."

 

Amanda shrank down to normal. She didn't move though, she just stood there with her head down. I walked over to her, gave her a hug and apoligized again. "Did it hurt when I dropped you?" She asked quietly as she leaned on me.

 

"No, suprisingly it didn't." I said.

 

"Good, I didn't want to hurt you." She said. "By the way how did you find me?"

 

"My nose helped me, I followed your scent." I said.

 

"Scent? I don't smell do I?" She asked.

 

"No, you don't but you do have a scent." I said.

 

"You were probably following the smell of my feet. You know, the smell you like so much." She said.

 

"I don't like your feet." I said.

 

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone." She said.

 

"Amanda I don't think you heard me, I don't like your feet." I said again.

 

"You don't even believe yourself when you say that Anthony." She said. I knew she was right but I didn't want to admit it.

 

When we got home I walked back into the shed with Amanda. Amanda grew to fifty feet tall and sat down on her bed. Then we heard knocking on the door. It was out mother wondering why we didn't come in for dinner. Amanda told her to come in and I hid behind one of the desk's legs. Our mother asked Amanda where I was. Amanda saw me go under the desk and I looked at her giving her a 'please lie for me' look. She told our mother that I was already asleep and our mother said goodnight and left. I got out from under the desk and walked over to Amanda.

 

"Thanks." I said.

 

"Your welcome, I figure that you can't hide from them forever and they will find out without me having to tell them." She said.

 

"Uh- well thanks I think..." I said walking to the stairs.

 

"Where do you think you're going?" Amanda said picking me up by my tail.

 

"To my bed, and why do you insist on picking me up by my tail?" I asked.

 

"I don't know, It's easier and makes you seem more helpless." She said.

 

"Oh, ok... Well anyway can I go to my bed now?" I asked.

 

"Not till you rub my feet." She said.

 

"Fine, for how long?" I asked.

 

"Until you admit that you like my feet." She said.

 

"That's not gonna happen though." I said.

 

"Then you're gonna be at my feet for a while." she said. "Well that isn't really a punishment for you is it?" She put me down at the other end of the bed and put her giant feet in front of me. I started to rub her feet just like I did the other day and she was enjoying it. I was too, but I was trying to act as if I wasn't. Eventually she got tired and started to fall asleep. She decided to turn herself over and her feet were upside down with her pawpads facing up. She fell asleep there and I wasn't surprised. I could've gone back to my bed but I decicded to climb onto her foot and try to fall asleep there. I climbed on top of it and placed my head on her heel's pad. I could smell her feet a lot more with my new nose, but it didn't bother me. I just drifted off into sleep.