- Text Size +

The next morning Amanda woke me up as usual. I got out of my bed and felt really light headed. Amanda asked me what was wrong, I guess because I must have been walking wobbly or something. I told her that I was alright because I thought that I was just drowzy from just waking up. She was watching me to make sure I was ok, but I told her she didn't have to. I walked over to the bathroom with a new change of clothes and took a quick shower. I came out and was still a little dizzy but for the most part I felt better. While I walking down the stairs, I dont know how but in my disorientation I stepped off the edge and was about to fall off and hit the ground twenty feet below but Amanda caught me. 


"Thanks." I said to Amanda.


"Your welcome, but are you sure you're ok?" She asked.


"Yea, I'll be fine."  I said.


"Well, if you're sure..." She said.


She placed her hand on the ground and I climbed off. The dizzyness seemed to come in waves, it wasn't constant. I started to get a little worried about it but it was friday and I had a test that I didn't want to have to make up so I just proceeded into the house. Amanda shrank down and followed me in. She was already changed and showered because she woke up a lot earlier than me. My parents didn't seem to notice me acting any different so I didn't say anything and neither did Amanda. We fiished eating and I said goodbye and left to school. On the way I started to feel a little weaker and John had noticed.

 

"Are you feeling alright?" He asked.

 

"Yea, I'm fine." I said, trying to walk as straight as I could.

 

"I hope I didn't get you sick." He said.

 

"Don't worry man, I'll be fine." I said.

 

For the rest of the school day I didn't notice anything different. I was sleeeping a lot in class though, and my teachers didn't like that too much. I didn't get in much trouble though because I don't really do anything else wrong so its like a first warning. I finished my math test and was relieved. I was glad it was friday and that I didn't have school the next day. After school was over I walked out of the building and waited for John. While I was waiting Dan came up to me and asked, "Why were you with that loser yesterday?"

 

"Who John? He's not a loser." I said.

 

"Yeah he is notice how no one else talks to him." He said. I hadn't really though about it before but I was like the only person that seemed to be friendly to him... "You're a good guy and all I'm sayin is you could either have him as your one friend or you could be in our group." He said as he walked away. 

 

I saw John walking towards me and I said hi to him. We walked back home and I kept feeling dizzy and weaker. I said bye to him where we usually go different ways. When I got to my house I walked to the back and opened the door to the shed. Amanda was sitting there in front of the desk She was focused on either writing or drawing something so I uess she didn't notice me come in. I was closing the door when I just passed out and hit the ground. When I dell down the door made a pretty loud noise and Amanda, without looking, said, "Hey Anthony." She didn't get any response so se looked over to me and saw that I wasn't moving lying on the floor. At frist she thought it was some sort of a joke so she just got up and walked towards me. She got on one knee and poked me a little with her index finger. I didn't move at all so she got worried and said, "Anthony, this isn't funny get up!" She paniked a bit but she picked me up and put me on my bed. She didn't know what else to do so she kinda just watched me. Eventually I started to move a little. She was relieved but she noticed that I still wasn't awake. 

 

About an hour later I woke up. Amanda was normal sized and she was standing next to the bed looking at me. She looked extemely surprised, as if she didn't believe what she was seeing. My vision was still very cloudy and I heard Amanda ask, "You feeling better?" 

 

"Yeah, I feel fine, like nothing happned at all... What happened?" I asked.

 

"Well you walked in here and just passed out." She said.

 

"Really? That's weird." I said as I rubbed me eyes. My hands felt weird on my face, like I was wearing some sort of fuzzy gloves.  "Why am I wearing gloves?" I asked.

 

At first she didn't say anything, but then she said, "You aren't wearing any gloves."

 

"But I have to be, my hands feel different..." I said, then finally my vision clearded. My hands had grey fur on them and I had claws. I had a muzzle, meaning a nose and jaw that extends from my face. I felt my head and my ears were on top like Amanda had. I got out of the bed and saw that my feet were paws and had pawpads on the bottom of them and claws at the end like my hands. I went into the bathroom and saw that I really had changed, I even had sharper teeth. I was just like Amanda only I seemed to be a different animal, but I didn't really other to think what kind at that time. I walked out of the bathroom and sat down next to Amanda on my bed. She looked at me again, still looking shocked.