- Text Size +

Thank goodness it was Friday. I liked my job, but I worked to live. I didn't live to work like Gail did who I was going to meet for our tennis match. "Hold the elevator please." I heard Karen call out. She hurried through and I pushed the close door button. "Thanks, Mr. Adams." she said. Was she taller than me? I stood up straight trying to tell while she was looking down rummaging through her purse for some lipstick.



She looked to be if only just a little I decided looking down. She was still wearing those high heels, but as I recall even with my age related shrinkage I should have still been taller. I quickly leaned against the rail to hide this discovery as she looked over to me and smiled then started applying some lipstick. "Hot date?" I asked. "No. Just meeting some friends for some drinks." she answered. The elevator stopped and the doors opened so we walked out. "Have fun." I said turning to leave. "I will. Good luck in you match." she replied starting towards the opposite exit.



Good grief, I was tired and my knees were aching. We were at the tenth break point. My serve was not working at all. They seemed to be getting everything back. I only had 5 aces today. If it wasn't for Gail's heroics we would have lost already. She made two impossible returns in a row and we had a chance to put the game away. I tossed the ball into the air and hit it with everything I had left. "Game!" Gail shouted as the ball bounced untouched into the opposite fence. I wiped my brow sighing in relief.



"Great game." The opponents congratulated us. Gail and I turned to walk back to our stuff. "Sorry, about making you run all over the place." I apologized. "No problem, I need the exercise anyway." she said which could not have been further from the truth. "You had it when it counted though." She said looking up at me with a puzzled expression. "You get new shoes? It's weird but you seem well, shorter than usual." she observed frankly looking me up and down. "No, no. Just getting older or so I am told." I said sitting down to remove the reminder.



I got in the house and kicked off my shoes crashing on the couch. I clicked the button to play the one message we appeared to have. "I hon, me and Timmy are at the store picking up school supplies for Monday. Dinner's in the fridge. Tell Kimmy when she gets in. Love you." Clair's voice played. The back door opened and Kimmy walked in.



"Mom's got chicken in the fridge." she said closing the door. She was wearing that skimpy bikini again. I grimaced seeing it on her, not that she couldn't pull it off, but this was my little girl. "Swimming?" I asked standing up. "No just getting some sun." she said walking to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I joined her by the fridge.



"Woah." she said looking slightly down to me. "Yeah the doctor says I'm 6'4" now. Shrinking away in my old age." I smiled back at her. "Well I guess that puts me at 6'5", 'cause I'm taller than you now. I must have had another growth spurt." she said beaming. "Two inches over the summer; I guess it’s possible." I said scratching my chin in wonder.



"I guess I'm your not so little girl anymore." she said putting her hands on her hips and standing on her toes so she could look further down at me. I grimaced as she did this looking at her swimwear and remembered why I came over to her in the first place. "You know, I think you need a new bikini, this one is a little...well little." I said looking her up and down.



"No way this one rocks. It cost me almost $50." she defended adjusting it to provide a little more coverage. "I'm serious Kimmy. I don't want to see you in it anymore." I said sternly. A sly smile spread across her face. "Well I guess that means I'll have to put it away for a month until I turn 18. Then I can wear anything I want." she said proud of her reasoning.



"You still live in this house for another year." I reminded. "I know. I guess I could go join a nudist colony." she teased turning to walking away. "Very funny." I replied sarcastically. "I'm getting a shower." she informed me walking down the hall. I grimaced again. The back of the outfit wasn't any better. What a waste of $50, hopefully she had used her own money.



When Clair and Timmy got back he wanted to play in the pool so we did. As I put my trunks on I realized they were starting to get to loose and tightened them lest they fall off. Clair sat at the deck table reading on her iPad while I threw Timmy repeatedly down towards the deep end. "Boy you're getting heavy." I said getting ready to chuck him for the umpteenth time. "I know I'm 70 pooounnnnddsss." He replied just as I launched him.



"I'm done." I told him as he swam eagerly back. "Awwww." he whined. "Daddy's tired. Go dive off the dive board or something." I suggested slowly making my way to the ladder in the deep end. As I walked I surprised myself taking a gulp of pool water unexpectedly. I pushed up again. That had never happened. I was starting to get worried. I made it to the ladder and climbed out joining Clair.



Later, after we all had gone to bed I shared my concerns with Clair. "I mean first the Doctor's visit, then Kimmy being taller, now having to tread in the deep end." I complained. "Well they said you got a little shorter." she responded soothingly. "Not this much shorter." I responded. "Well what do you want to do?" she asked. I handed her a tape measure. "You don't think..." she paused looking up to me trying to guess my height. "Well you do look a little shorter." she said starting to sound worried. "Only one way to find out." I said.



"6'2." she read quietly. "I knew it! No way do you shrink 4 inches from age." I blurted. "Well now what?" she asked concern saturating her voice. "I'm calling the doctor first thing Monday." I proclaimed. Clair fell into me her head now reaching my chin. I put my arms around her. She felt noticeably larger. We then lay down and went to sleep.



On Monday I got to work a little early. "Shit!" Karen was waiting at the elevator and she was wearing those damn shoes again. I didn't feel like answering her questions so I ducked into the stairwell and got my cell phone out texting her to get bagels again. 'Will do' was her reply. Click, clack, click, clack. Once I heard her walk by I waited another thirty seconds and stepped out and headed up to the office.



I immediately called the doctor. "Well Scott, you're right no one shrinks that much in such a short time unless something is wrong. You haven't had any severe back pain have you?" he asked. "No, nothing wrong except I'm shorter." I answered. "I was going to see you Thursday for you CAT scan results. Let's move it up to tomorrow." He replied. "OK. See you then, Doc." I said hanging up.



I kept Karen running errands most of the day and otherwise stayed sitting when I needed to talk to her. This kept me from attempting to answer questions that I didn't have any answers for anyway. I told her I was taking off tomorrow. The end of the day finally arrived. "You need anything else." Karen's voice asked over the intercom. "No. See you on Wednesday." I replied. After another 15 minutes I left too.



"Nothing seems wrong with any tests we've run yet. Your CAT came back clean." said the doctor. "But you are definitely getting shorter. 6'1" from 6'6" is too much height loss to explain from age." he stated. "6'1" I repeated horrified. "I'll need to do some more tests today and send them off to specialists." he said. "Whatever we need to do I can't get any shorter it's already impacting me tremendously." I responded.



I employed my avoidance and camouflaging strategies successfully throughout the week and was relieved when Karen called back to ask if I needed anything. "No I'm good. See you next week." I told her. "Good luck in your tennis match." she added. "Thanks." I said. I was not looking forward to the match, but if I could get through it we had a long Labor Day weekend coming up.



Unfortunately, I didn't make it through without a loss. Gail and I sat exhausted in our chairs as our opponents left. "Sorry Gail, I haven't been myself lately." I apologized. "I know. You should tower over me." she said standing up. "You look to have gotten a lot smaller. Stand up." she ordered. "No hiding it from you is there?" I said reluctantly complying.



"Oh my gosh, you look to be only about an inch taller than Me." she said almost looking me in the eye. "That would put you at 5'11". Have you been to the doctor?" she asked. "Of course." I responded curtly "They don't know a damn thing." I said frustrated. "Well, it certainly doesn't help our game." she said - a horrible attempt to lighten the mood. "We should be OK next week, but if you get any smaller little Mike might have some competition at limbo this year." she joked punching me in the arm.



Michael Johnstone was her secretary, but everyone called him little Mike. A former jockey, at 5'1" he was the shortest person in the office. I laughed weakly. "Don't worry. I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it." she consoled grabbing my now significantly smaller bicep. "See you next week" she said. "Bye." I said watching her walk back to her car. I couldn't help but fear that she would be taller than me by then or worse I could be looking up to her secretary little Mike.



I was so happy to be home as I pulled into the drive way. Clair greeted me at the door. "Hello, hon." she said rising on her tip toes to kiss me. The top of her head reached to my nose. I dreaded seeing my daughter. "I told the kids about your shrinkage." she said softly. "Yeah. I don't think there's any point in hiding it from them." I responded. "Ha, you should've heard Timmy. He said you could sleep in the bottom bunk of his bunk bed if you got small enough." she laughed. "Only Timmy would think of that." I laughed myself, halfheartedly. Clair was trying her best to make light of it, but she and I were both very worried.



"Kimmy is at work." Clair informed me. "Timmy is out in the pool swimming." she went on. Me and Clair joined him for a bit and then sat down to dinner. "If Dad gets shorter than me does he still get to tell me what to do?" Timmy asked innocently out of the blue. I about choked on my food. "Of course he does. He's your father and you will do as he says until you turn 18." Clair responded.



"Kimmy's 18 at the end of next week and she's bigger than he is now does she have to listen to him after that?" he pressed. "She lives in this house doesn't she?" I asked annoyed. Clair gave me the look. Then said, "Yep. You both do until you move out on your own, but let’s talk about something else OK dear." Clair added. As I got up to put my food away I heard the front door open.



It was Kimmy. Home from her job at the mall. They made her wear heels and I heard her hit the kitchen tiles. "Mmm smells good." She said. "Darling can you get some Tabasco sauce?" Clair asked getting up to get Kimmy's plate. I opened the cabinet it was on the top shelf. I reached, but just was a little too short. "Here let me." Kimmy whispered smiling down at me easily retrieving the hot sauce then handing it to me.



Jesus, in her heels I only stood as tall as her neck. I noticed Clair observing and then pretending not too. When I handed the sauce to her she said, "Thank-you dear." I hated this. I didn't want my family tip toeing around my feelings. "Thank Kimmy, I couldn't reach it, but she got it for me." I said matter-of-factly.



They looked at each other sheepishly. "Look I appreciate the gestures, but I would rather confront this head on. We all know I'm shrinking so, please don't pamper me." I said. "Whatever you want daddy." Kimmy said giving me a hug and stooping to kiss me on the cheek. I walked back to my seat and tripped on my pant leg that was coming unrolled. "We need to go shopping this week, darling." I said to my wife. "I need some smaller clothes." I explained. "You had me at shopping." She said smiling back at me as she got Kimmy's plate ready.



The long weekend passed quickly and before I knew it Monday night was here and I wasn't looking forward to work. I had Clair measure me even though I didn't need her too. She looked me in the eye and said, "5'8". I was now equal in height with my wife. She leaned in and kissed me. "Well I guess the silver lining is I don't have stoop to do that anymore." I laughed looking down at our bare feet.



"Come on, honey let’s make love." she said grabbing my hand and leading me to the bed. Needless to say it was very different. Her body was so much bigger than I was used to. I plunged completely into her. I had never been able to do that before. As I massaged her large tits I realized that when I was bigger I really couldn't appreciate just how busty she was. If anything my shrinkage at least reminded me of what a babe I had married.