- Text Size +

SCOTT

 

Paul was wasted when I last spotted him flaked out on the bench on route to his house, he was talking gibberish and made me and Emma laugh as we left him and walked home. I knew he would be ok, as his big brother would be along from the local bar any minute and he had dragged his little brother home on more than one occasion but normally this would mean that Paul would have to pay him not to reveal how drunk he was to their parents.

 

 

Emma and I strolled back across the large park using it as a short cut, it was very dark but we knew our way. She began to ask me a lot of questions about girls on the way home and I did what I could to answer her without hurting her feelings, it’s a little awkward to know that she likes me so much but I don’t feel the same physical attraction to her in that way. 

 

EMMA

 

 

“So come on Scott tell me what girls you like on tv?”I was trying to gauge from Scott what his ideal girl was like and to get some idea of what grabbed his attention but he was hard to get information from as we walked in the darkness towards the distant lights of our housing estate beyond.

“I don’t know”His answer was so disinterested but I kept up my chatter, somehow I was going to find out if he would ever consider a girl like me.“You must have some favorites, an actress or a singer maybe?”“Um, ok I think Nikki Flame is pretty hot with that band Monkey Juice”“Nikki Flame huh? Oh yes she’s that Barbie doll replica who sung that corny song what was it?” 

SCOTT

 

“Bouncy, Bouncy”I pointed out to Emma the song that Nikki Flame was most famous for, I sure remember that video where she was jogging in that vest clearly without a bra beneath, Paul admitted to me that he had almost broken the slow motion on their remote control playing that video back! I think it was the same video that awoke me to the world of women, there was something about seeing Nikki in that white vest that just made me very happy, maybe two things come to think of it.

 

 

“That’s the song with the video where her boobs nearly jump out of her top, so is she like your ideal woman?”Here Emma came again with another question, but I figured I would play dumb.“My Ideal woman?”“Yes, you know blonde and big up top”“She’s also very tall”I forgot myself and added this fact, Nikki Flame was over six foot tall, it said so in the Sunday magazine that my father collects, in fact the only six foot plus woman I knew of and her height kind of intrigued me if I was honest as her legs looked so long in that video with her short shorts on.  

 

EMMA

 

“She’s also very tall” What did he mean by that? Scott was describing Nikki Flame and I hadn’t thought about how tall she was. But come to think of it I recall her in some article that declared she had one of the longest inside leg measurements. Maybe he liked tall girls, this was something new I was learning about him tonight but also something very depressing. Not only was I flat chested but I was very short and the only resemblance to Nikki Flame that I had going for me was my long blonde hair, I really did not measure up to what Scott found attractive at all.

 

 

Still we were alone together crossing this park and I had gone all out tonight to show him how much I liked him so I might as well chance the full embarrassment and try to kiss him, a kiss would tell me if he was interested wouldn’t it? But maybe I would have to make him notice me first now I know what he likes.“Scott my heel’s are rubbing can we stop a second?”I made out that my shoes were uncomfortable to bring his attention to my footwear, if he liked tall girls then maybe I could fix my height by wearing a bigger heel next time.“Sure Emma”“So…..”I said playing with the back of my heel and making sure I stood in front of him.“….you like tall girl’s like Nikki Flame then? These are only small heels I am wearing tonight, I could have borrowed a pair of Diana’s they have six inch heels on them, I would probably look you right in the eye with those, like this”Stopping adjusting my shoe I then stretched up on my tiptoes and we were practically eye to eye and I am sure Scott seemed a little surprised by this, I think he even liked it. I was lying to say that I could have worn Diana’s shoes because they were all two sizes bigger than my own but he was a boy and he wouldn’t have known that.“Ttthats…”Scott began to say something in reaction but suddenly he was distracted by something weird. 

 

SCOTT

 

 There was something in the park, I looked across from where we were both standing and there was an eerie glow coming from the forest like section of the park nearby and it seemed to be pulsing now like nothing I had seen.“What is it?”Emma said and clutched my arm as she was obviously afraid.“Don’t know but I am going to check it out, see if its prank of some kind”“Scott that may not be a good idea”Reluctant Emma stood her ground and I made towards the trees to investigate, however once I had stepped more than a few feet away she was on my heels and joined me.“I don’t want to be alone out here, let’s do this together” As we stepped into the more wooded area of the park this light was very peculiar and seemed to make some of the trees turn translucent for a second or two revealing their inside structures before they returned solid as the light passed from one to another. 

 

 

We crouched down as we could hear some sort of low humming sound and knew we were getting close to the source. As we parted a thick bush before us I couldn’t believe my eyes and looked at Emma to verify that she was seeing the same thing and this wasn’t some kind of illusion.“That’s a spaceship”

Emma whispered in a very frightened kind of tone and she confirmed my thoughts

 

 

There hovering some three or four feet from the ground and almost silently was a stereotype disc or flying saucer. It was smooth on the exterior but glowed like it was alive with energy, it was probably thirty or forty foot in diameter and had settled in a clearing only just large enough to accommodate it.We edged closer as close as we both dared and now we could see there was some sort of boarding ramp made out of pure light that seemed to be solid somehow as it held a perfect shape. I felt Emma’s hand trembling as she held my own and the look on her face was one of awe.