- Text Size +
What Comes with Power part 3
by *Ginbug

What next? What a good question. Would they simply go back to civilization and try again? Emotionally Rosa might not be able to take another rejection. Would Mark go in by himself and try to reason with the unorganized and frightened mob?

They sat there for hours, wondering what they could do...surely seclusion was not a viable option, but would going back be much safer? The only decision that they could seem to come to was Rosa was willing to empty her bank account on a set of clothes...being naked and giant were two things she could never get comfortable with.

Rosa's mind would wander in their conversations, from the present to the past or far future. She wondered if she would ever get an education, see her friends again, or even worse see her family again. Mark would have to gently talk her back from her tears to the present question, what next?

"It's not fair." Rosa whispered yet again with a shaking voice, her throat bobbing as she swallowed down another fit of tears.

"I know." Mark sighed, fighting the urge to roll his eyes. "But, there has to be a way to reverse it right?"

"I guess." She said softly.

"I mean is it so hard to believe that someone can get back down to normal? I mean before today the idea that someone might grow to be giant was just as ridiculous?"

"I guess not." She said, a small smile crept over her lips, "No, you're right. It will turn out okay. I'm sure in a week this will all just be a bad dream-" She was interrupted as a sudden roaring sound shook the once quiet mountain side. A sleek shadow slipped over the lake in a quick streak before the sound seemed to drone away into the distance.

There was no doubt what it was. It was a fighter jet. Mark grew nervous, what if the military acted just as violently towards Rosa as the locals? Guns were next to harmless to her, but a rocket would be the end for both of them. The jet streaked over a few more times over the course of thirty minutes before finally being accompanied by another strange sound.

It started as a faint and distant putter, almost inaudible over the sounds of wildlife in the forested mountain side. The silent putter soon grew into a screeching roar of helicopter blades. Rosa looked down at Mark worriedly as the black machines soon started to circle them. At any moment an ungodly barrage of weaponry could be unleashed upon them, but it never came.

Finally a single chopper lowered itself into the lake valley, the trees blowing slightly in the wind that rushed past them. They stared up at it for a few moments.

"Remain still." A voice crackled over a radio. Rosa remained as she was, pinned to the ground, her head turned downwards slightly as the fierce wind tussled her hair. The helicopter set down on a grass flat about one hundred yards away from the pair, soon followed by three more of the large vehicles.

Mark glanced back towards Rosa before nodding and heading towards the helicopters, a group of men in uniform starting to pile out.

"Hold it!" A solider shouted as he approached, his gun lifted slightly off his hip.

Mark stopped, "She means no harm! She needs help!" He yelled over the still whirring chopper blades.

Rosa watched, her hands nervously folded over one another. The small voices were lost in the wind of helicopter blades, she was worried that the armed soliders might shoot as they approached Mark but they seemed to be talking. She waited anxiously as Mark and two men approached her.

"Rosa Jennings?" An older looking man called out.

Rosa blinked in surprise, "Y-Yes."

"Greetings, I am Marcus Bratt, United States Special Services. I apologize for any mistreatments that may have fallen upon you."

A smile crept over Rosa's lips, they were here to help!

"We have the worlds finest researching the incident, led by my friend Andrew Barkley" He pushed a tall thin man forward.

"H-Hello." The man stammered.

"Hi." Rosa said lifting one of her hands in a small wave before quickly tucking it back infront of her chest that still lay firmly against the earth.

"W-We are still unsure of the causes but we have deduced that someone o-of your stature will need a large amount nutrients to sustain your new m-mass." His voice seemed to have a natural stutter to it. He waved his arms and two more men approached carrying a large black barrel, "P-Please take this and d-drink it. I-It will sus-sustain you, h-however we only can b-bring you liquids at this time." He seemed to be growing increasingly nervous as he talked to the giantess.

Rosa smiled, her stomach yearned for food as she had not eaten since the previous day. She took the black barrel in her fingers, it would be terribly unsatisfying at her size. She tilted her head back and let the contents wash over her tongue. She flinched slightly at the bitter taste but nodded, "Thanks." She said politely but wished she had more.

"W-We c-calculate that will be e-enough for a day u-until we can get y-you something with a little more s-substance." He said with a nod, backing away.

Rosa looked at him curiously, why was he so nervous? Was it just a quirk of his? Her gaze shifted back down towards Mark with a smile.

"Everything is turning up already huh?" He said stepping forward towards her.

"Yeah...I was stilly to worr-" She suddenly felt a strange numbing sensation working its way down her toes and finger tips. She moaned slightly in surprise, her cheeks turning white as her vision started to blur.

"Rosa?" Mark asked, watching her eyelids dip down and her head begin to sway back and forth. He looked towards the three men who didn't seem surprised or worried at all.

Rosa went to speak but her voice didn't come, with a final gasp her version faded to black, her head falling to the ground with a loud thump.

Mark struggled between the arms of two soldiers as they dragged him away from Rosa's limp body, the new wave of helicopters now circling over head, "What did you do!?" He roared.

The scientist who had given her the barrel sighed, "Sedation."

"You sedated her?! Why! She doesn't need to be-"

"When you have twenty civilians dead certain measures need to be taken." The older man said, he seemed to be the one calling all of the shots, "Our orders come from the top."

Mark was pulled back away from Rosa, watching in horror as they turned her massive body over onto her back with the help of a fleet of massive helicopters. Her body was pinned to the earth with at least twenty black straps that seemed to dig into her skin as they were pulled over her naked body. Helicopters brought a camp full of supplies and equipment. The team of scientists crawled over her body like tiny ants. Tubes were connected to her arms and neck in masses, apparently in order to keep a four hundred and twenty foot women sedated you need to constantly pump her system with drugs. They took blood samples, and began preforming a countless amount of experiments on her.

"Please!" Mark pleaded, hardly able to look at the awful display, "She will let you do any tests you need to! She doesn't need to be treated like an animal!"

"And how can you be so sure she wont lash out again?" The officer asked.

"Lash out? She was only defending herself! I was there for the-" He was silenced with a stern glare.

"You best keep your mouth shut young man." He started, "We are here on orders and we have no plans to divert from those orders, do you understand? What we are doing is for the greater good."

"If you keep pumping her with drugs she might-"

"A risk we are willing to take."

Mark couldn't believe it. They didn't care if she died on their twisted operating table, like some sort of alien creature fished up from the bottom of the ocean! He was left alone, on severe orders to remain in the camp, probably so word didn't get out. He walked as close as he could to Rosa's unconscious body, grimacing at the network of tubes digging into her flesh. He slumped down against a tree, he felt like he failed. Even if he was powerless to do anything about it he felt guilty. His own people did this, his own government. Rosa was a kind girl, never wishing harm on anyone even after she had been chased away by the very same people she had been living among just a day before! She felt sorrow for the destruction she had caused, for the lives she had unintentionally taken. She was the victim of a freak act of nature, or maybe a science experiment gone wrong. He could not even begin to fathom the forces that had made her this way, but what he found even more unbelievable was the sheer lack of humanity. From the moment she had began to scream not one person stepped up to check on her, not one person called the hospital. When she pleaded for help she was met with gunfire, and when she secluded herself in the mountain side they came and did this!

Mark lowered his head, night was starting to fall. Large spotlights were turned on, illuminating Rosa in small puddles across her motionless body. The commotion of the camp had slowed to a crawl. His mood had only worsened over the hours, her body had been abused, her poor mind was probably in shattered pieces. He had tried so hard to bring her back to her senses, and now she had been betrayed again. And worse she had been tricked! Her poison given to her with the promise that it would sustain her.

Enough was enough. Mark got to his feet, easily slipping under a line of yellow rope that had been risen as a barrier between the scientists and the other guards or workers. He could hear the liquid draining through the tubes before him, painfully dug into her skin from her forearms up towards her neck. He looked around, no one seemed to be watching. With both hands he gripped the thick rubber tubing and pulled. With a grunt he was able to free it from her skin, the clear liquid pouring out onto the grass as a small stream of blood trickled from her arm. He moved from tube to tube, a small stream of the ghastly liquid running down the grass slope.

He made his way to her shoulder, gripping one final tube that ran from her neck back to the massive jugs behind her head. He heard a click.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" A stern voice called from behind him. He heard even more footsteps approaching from behind.

"Y-You will ruin everything!" A familiar voice chimed in, "Get those s-sedation tubes back in!"

"Put your hands in the air and step away from the body."

The body Mark thought, they referred to her as if she was already dead.

Rosa looked around, her house! She was back home! She sighed as she slumped into her large couch, nuzzling happily into her fathers side. She frowned as she didn't feel the familiar warmth of his large body, but shook her head and turned towards what ever he was watching on the T.V. She tried to focus on the screen but the images were always changing, nothing seemed to make sense. She went to speak, but it was as if she had limited control of her body. She tried to think back to why she was so happy to be home. Was this a dream? She heard voices, perhaps from the Television...

Mark put his hands against his head, wincing as he heard another ominous click from behind him.

"Step backwards, keep your hands up." He was ordered.

Mark complied, slowly. He turned towards the men, at least ten armed guards stood beside the lead scientist, who was still shouting to get the tubes back in place.

Rosa suddenly remembered. Her house disappearing into a flood of images and feelings. She struggled to move but found herself unable to twitch even a finger! She wanted to scream but her jaw was locked shut. Those bastards! What had she done?! She ran away, got out of harms way! But they still came! They tricked her into drinking some sort of awful bitter poison! Was she dead? Had they decided her unfit for life? She was sorry! She never wanted this! Maybe it was better this way, maybe she would never be happy again like this. She felt a warm sensation spreading from her feet and up her legs, her toes finally able to wiggle.

Mark grunted as his shirt collar was grabbed by a large and powerful hand, forcing him to his knees, "You just caused a whole lot of trouble, you know that? Not very smart for someone on the presumed missing list."

Mark looked at him in surprised, "P-Presumed what?"

"Your school marked you as absent in two classes the day of the incident, your body was not found among the wreckage...yet."

Marks gaze shifted rapidly between the men that surround him, a loud click sent a shiver down his spine, "You can't be serious."

"You have no idea-" The man suddenly looked up, his eyes widening.

Rosa's eyes flickered open, her head falling to its side, looking down at the small crowd to her left. "M-Mark?" She asked, seeing her friend on his knees surrounded by armed men. Her emotions suddenly flared. They were going to kill him?! What did he do other than help her!? She gritted her teeth, her body exposed to the elements from beneath the thin straps that painfully pressed into her skin. She strained her legs and arms, the straps snapped. She groaned as she rose to a sitting postion, yelping as the remaining tubes pulled out of her skin. She slapped the bloody wounds and glared around her. She turned back to the small group that was backing away from her, her friend still sitting on his knees with his hands behind his head.

"What did you do to me?!" She growled, her face flushed in humiliation and rage. They strapped her naked to the ground and stuck tubes into her skin! "I am not an animal!" She slammed her fist into the ground, though it was far from the group of men they all fell to their backs. She breathed heavily through her gritted teeth, "You are the monsters! Not me!" She growled again, tears welled in her eyes. She had gone through enough! She grabbed a handful of tiny machines and clenched her hand in a tight first. The pieces fell like dust from her hand back to the earth. A few shots rang out, but she didn't even flinch. She saw a group of men running towards a small helicopter. She rose to her feet, kicking some more equipment aside as she stormed towards the helicopter.

"S-S-Start it up!" The head scientist stammered watching the towering legs walk towards them.

Rosa grinned as the chopper blades starting twirling. She was shown no humanity, she wasn't helped when she needed it most, she was given no mercy...why should she do the same? She reached down, gritted her teeth as the blades dug into her palm before shattering like tiny twigs. Mark watched wide eyed, he was still on his knees.

"Don't do it." He whispered watching as Rosa lifted the helicopter into the air...after all she had done, she was about to crack!

"You want me to be a monster?" She growled pinning the small and now useless aircraft in her fingers, it was no bigger than a little toy car to her, "Fine." She rose to her feet, the tiny craft in hand.

"Rosa!" Mark yelled, running to her feet, "Don't give in! Put them down!" He screamed. In the back of his mind he thought they deserved it...but it would only bring trouble for Rosa, they would have a reason to bring her down!

"W-W-What is she doing?!" The man stammered the giant green eyes of the giantess appearing in the window before them. Suddenly her face rose, her lips now filling their view, "N-No! Do something!" He shouted at the helpless piolet.

Rosa's lips turned upwards in a grin as the crippled chopper past through her lips, setting down on her tongue. The men inside looked around in terror, their vehicle easily fitting inside of her maw. The tongue shifted and they screamed as the helicopter started to roll.

Mark sprinted towards Rosa, his body colliding with her foot. He pounded his fist against it. He expected to hear the roar of planes, she would be helpless against that sort of power, "Rosa please!" He yelled, "Just run! Go!" But she seemed to ignore him, or just simply didn't hear as her lips closed, a visible bulge forming in her cheek.

The men were encased in the dark cave, the lights of their helicopter illuminating the fleshy walls. The massive throat flexed before them for a moment as she seemed to laugh before disappearing behind her rolling tongue. The helicopter groaned as it slid onto her back molars, saliva dripping down the windows around them. They screamed as her upper teeth came down, a loud crack caused a shower of glass to pour around them.

Rosa bit down lightly, feeling the helicopter bend and crack under her teeth. She was so powerful!

The men cringed as they waited for her jaw to clench down, smashing the helicopter into tiny bits between her massive teeth!

"Rosa! No!" Mark screamed hearing the metal groaning from all the way on the ground, she was going to chew them up! Eat them alive!

Rosa tightened her jaw, preparing to chomp down on the helpless passengers. She looked down, a tiny man stood at her feet...he wasn't running, he wasn't shooting...Mark! what are you doing? she thought to herself. She was about to kill someone! She had people in her mouth ready to smash them to tiny bits. This wasn't who she was...she wasn't a monster. She slowly lowered herself to her knees, pushing the slightly mangled craft between her lips. She set them back on the grass, looking towards Mark apologetically.

"I'm sorry..." She said softly, watching the men scramble out of the craft.

"Don't be Rosa, get out of here!" Mark yelled up, running away from her foot so he could see her better.

"Where will I go?"

"I don't know...but you need to go far...get seen! There has to be more people like me who still have half a brain."

"I don't want to go alone..." She said lowering her gaze.

"Take me with you then...I can't run that fast."

She looked at him, "Y-You would go with me?"

"Yes,please let's get out of here and start over, we can prove who you really are!"

Rosa smiled, the gunfire had ceased, she set her hand down next to him. Mark grinned and climbed up onto her hand, nodding once he braced himself on her palm. Slowly Rosa stood up, cupping her hand to her chest before stepping over the camp into the forested mountain side. She closed her hand completely around Mark, feeling his tiny figure just barely against her skin. She took a few massive steps up and over the hillside and moved down off the mountain and started to run out towards the horizon.

She didn't know where she was going, but at least she wasn't alone...she had been pushed to the brink, nearly gone mad with depression and anger. But she prevailed, she took control of herself before she kiled again...she wasn't a monster.