- Text Size +
Darius couldn't believe his eyes! What was she doing here? And meeting with the King himself? He ducked as the kings arm swooped over head, he had to remain focused. He hurried his way from fruit to fruit, platter to platter, his destination growing closer and closer.

"It's effects were surprisingly instantaneous"

"Is this pleasing, my King?" She asked, her words making Darius sick to his stomach. Who was this woman? He knew she hated the king nearly as much as himself. She might be a bit cruel at times but she did hold her morals highly.

"Yes, very. How expensive would it be to make more?"

"More? Well, I am sorry to say that the needed materials are rare and often very expensive"

"Well, money is not an issue I believe, though I think you will find that suppliers are more than willing to part with their goods for the better of the kingdom"

"Oh, how wonderful"

"Yes, wonderful indeed, but I do what I must to keep the people happy"

Darius almost wished he was large enough to stab the king himself, but was content to know that his passing would not go peacefully. He neared the cup now. He had crawled his way under the rims of platters and plates and found himself before a small stretch of table before the cup. He pulled the pouch from his waist and prepared to run.

"So, if I may ask, who will you be using my tools on?"

The king chuckled, "Do not worry your pretty self with such things, he stood and started to round the table towards her. Now was his chance, "They will only be used on those who have more than lost their right to freedom"

Darius got to his feet, rushing towards the cup. He bumped into its smooth surface and tossed the pouch upwards, grinning as it went up and over. He turned, seeing that they had not noticed him yet. He made his way back towards the plates. He ducked below and crawled back towards the fruit platter, climbing back up and taking a seat with a sigh, leaning his back against a large red apple.

Suddenly the wall fell from his back. He rolled backwards, his blood running cold. He turned, his fears came true as he now stared up at the King and Brooke who stared down at him in shock.

"Well!" The king roared, "It seems we have a spy in our midst, yet again! This time he will not slip away so easily!" He turned to Brooke, "Now I can give you a demonstration of what we do to enemies of the kingdom!"

Darius watched as the King lifted a large carving knife from the table, approaching him with a grin.

"Wait!" Brooke shouted, the King turned, shocked by the outburst, "I-I" She stammered, "I think this would be a good time to show you my abilities"

Darius and the King both looked at her curiously, though Darius had a mixed sense of utter terror pumping through his veins. He tried to run as she reached down and plucked him from the table. He grimaced as she brought him towards her face, an grin across her lips did not help to comfort him.

Brooke closed her eyes, suddenly a large grape suddenly appeared in her fingers, blocking Darius from view but giving the illusion that he had simply turned into a grape!

Darius strained as his back was pressed against the rounded green surface. He looked up to Brooke, her intentions still unclear. But all his hopes vanished as her lips spread and she started to move him inside!

Brooke slipped the grape into her mouth, pulling out empty fingers as she smiled at the King, who looked very impressed. He folded his arms and leaned back watching as she chewed, a grin spread across his bearded face.

Darius groaned as she pinned him to the roof of her mouth, her teeth crushing down all around him, juices and saliva spraying him in the face. He screamed as her tongue lowered, the bits of grape suddenly falling over him as her tongue moved it back towards her throat, "No...She wouldn't!" He thought aloud as he was suddenly thrust down into her throat, she had swallowed him! He screamed as the muscles pulled down at him from all sides, the sounds of the outside world disappearing to wet smacks, gurgles and the constant drone of her heart and breathing. He finally fell into a larger opening, he assumed the stomach. He gagged as he scrambled in the blackness.

"Most impressive, Sorceress, most impressive" The king laughed, walking towards his chair, "You will do very well here, I have a feeling" He lifted his glass, "A toast to a long and prosperous companionship" He took a sip from his cup, brow furrowing a bit as he felt something solid slip past his lips. He shrugged and turned back towards her, "Tell me, are they conscious?"

"I'm sorry?"

"You know, when they have been transformed?"

"Oh, well, I don't know I've never asked" She said with a smile.

The king laughed heartedly, "I like you, I like you a lot!" He shook his head, "Never asked" He whispered, "Perhaps we could ask him now?" She joined him in laughing.

Darius groaned, she was laughing! She ate him and now she was laughing!

"Well if you excuse me, my King, I think I might retire to my chambers"

"Of course, of course. I will be seeing you tomorrow"

She bowed slightly and left the room, her hand resting on her stomach.

~~~

Darius sighed, this was the end. What ever he had done that night, what ever had caused her to storm from the room, had sealed his fate. He chuckled, not sure if he really wanted to go on living in this state anyway. At least now he didn't have to explain his embarrassing situation any further.

Suddenly the walls around him condensed, tossing him towards the center of the stomach. He groaned scrambling against the softening fruit and other foods. There was an upwards movement and he found himself once again tightly encased in a warm tube.

Brooke looked down with a grimace, Darius squirmed slightly inside of a bowl, "Alright idiot, explain yourself"

Darius looked around in shock, "E-Explain myself?" He shook his head, "No, I don't need to explain anything! What were you doing with the King?!"

"I've told you before I have to make a living-"

"Not with the likes of him! I used to think you had some sort of..of-"

"Well when the royal guard comes knocking I am not risking my life to deny them. Why are you still here? Why were you on that table? Did you lose the necklace again?"

"Not exactly"

"What do you mean?" She growled.

"It broke"

"It broke?" She growled.

"A horse stepped on it"

"A horse..." She shook her head running her hand down her face, "You know what? No I am going to eat you for real this time"

"Well lets do that later, we should probably leave"

"What? Why?" Her eyes narrowed, "What did you do?"

~~~(meanwhile)~~~

The King leaned back in his chair, finishing his cup of wine. The herbs were just start starting to leak through the pouch, enough poison to kill at least fifty men starting to rapidly dissolve into his bloodstream. He turned a grape around in his fingers, chuckling as he reflected on the scene.

"Hey, come fill my-" He cut himself short as a burning pain rushed from his gut. He choked and fell to his knees, cup clanging loudly against the floor. He screamed as the burning spread through his torso, down to his fingers and toes. His eyes watered, and soon glazed over with a shade of red, soon he was literally crying blood. He rolled to his side, the copper smell of blood starting to fill his nostrils.

~~~~

"You did what!" She gasped, "No, no no no this is not good! They will blame me!"

"Right, so I think it is in both of our interests if we leave now"

"No wait, there was guards in the room, they know it was you" She sighed, shaking her head, "No but we should still leave"

"Not a bad idea"

She turned her head, a loud scream echoed through the halls. Brooke gathered her things, she had only brought a small sack.

"I don't want to ride in there" Darius complained.

"Would you rather return to the bag I generously brought you back out of?" She growled.

"Fine" He said, allowing himself to be lowered into the leather sack.

Brooke hurried into the halls, easily losing herself into the commotion.

~~~~

An hour later she burst through the door of her cottage. She set the bag down on the table with a sigh, opening it so Darius could crawl out on his own.

Darius pushed his way out of the bag and sat down on the table, looking up towards Brooke who sat with her head leaning into her hand, "So where do we even begin" She said with a sigh.

"The necklace" He offered.

"Fine, let me see it"

Darius pulled the necklace off his head and pulled the pieces out of his buttoned pocket. Brooke leaned closed to see.

"How the hell did you even manage that"

"I told you, a horse stepped on it"

"And why the hell was it on the ground in the first place?"

"I fell, it came off"

"And this happened where?"

"In town, a few miles before the castle gate"

She sighed, "I hardly even want to ask but, why exactly did you trigger the necklace a few miles before you were even at the gate?"

"It was an accident" He groaned. Head falling as she burst into laughter.

"Oh Darius!" She snorted, "How does this not surprise me!" She caught her breath, face becoming a little more serious, "So, all this time you were just looking to kill the king?"

He nodded.

"Why did you not tell me"

"It was for your own good, what you don't know-"

"Right yeah can't hurt me" She sighed, "But why? Why was his death so important for you?"

"There are parts of my life that I never told you" Darius said grimly.

"Oh this should be rich, the secret history of Darius!" She snickered leaning in closely.

He shot her a glare, "I can keep it a secret"

"Oh no, please go on"

"Fine" He sighed, telling her his real story. He sat quietly, looking down at his feet after he had concluded his tale.

"You were a knight?" She finally whispered.

"No, I was in training"

"Oh" She shook her head, "Darius why did you never tell me this?"

He shrugged, "I wanted to forget"

She folded her hands and lowered her chin down onto them, "So the king is dead?"

Darius nodded.

"Do you feel better?"

He shrugged, "I guess so" He leaned back staring up into her blue eyes, "Actually yeah I guess I do feel pretty good"

She smiled, "Well thats good I guess-" They both jumped as the door suddenly burst open. Brooke rose to her feet, "Who the hell are you?" Eyeing down a young looking brown haired girl. A dark robe hung over her head, her arm was stretched forward, a short dagger hung in her trembling hands.

"You killed him!" She shrieked stepping forward.

"Darius who the hell is this?" Brooke growled.

"D-Darius" The girl gasped looking down at the table.

Darius sighed, "I guess this needs some explanation too"