- Text Size +
Darius dropped the food, backing away nervously. He nearly fell as he backed off the plate, though realized that running was not going to work. He watched as the girl lowered herself to her knees, eyes wide as she leaned forward.

She reached an arm out to grab him but retracted as he fell back over the lip of the platter. Darius rose back to his feet, trying to decide if he should stand his ground peacefully or with sword drawn. They continued to stare at each other for a full minute. Her face was hard to read, she was clearly surprised to see him though other than that he was uncertain.

"W-What are you?" She finally whispered.

"What am-"

"Are you a fairy?" Her eyes widening as she asked.

Darius nearly laughed, "A fairy?" He repeated, he was ready to deny it but blurted, "Why yes, I am!" He wasn't quite sure why he did that.

"You don't have wings?"

"No" He said, just rolling with the questions, but he sighed with relief when her lips spread in a wide smile, and not the kind that Brooke gave him when she was thinking of ways to toy with him. He watched one of her frail hands lower next to him. He hesitated a moment before climbing up onto her soft palm. It felt as if she hadn't seen a day of work in her life, which was probably true. She climbed back into her bed, pulling the white curtain shut as she did. Darius was starting to wonder what the hell he had gotten himself into once again, he knew nothing of magic or mystical creatures, that was for Brooke to know.

"I knew you were real! My father, he tries to make me forget about magic and other such things but I always knew!" Darius just nodded, "Why have you come here?" She asked excitedly.

"Er-um...just wandering"

She laughed, "Did you just teleport here? Or did you ride on some sort of mystical bird?"

"Sure"

She gasped, "Can you show me?"

Darius froze, he should have known she would want to see some sort of magical abilities, "Um, you wouldn't be able to see" He offered weakly.

"Oh, right that makes sense" She said nodding her head. Darius breathed out in relief.

"Do you grant wishes?"

"Sometimes" He blinked, "No you idiot! Don't tell her that!" His inner voice roared.

She gasped again staring down at him nearly shaking with excitement, "C-Can I get one?" She finally stammered.

"Alright think think think" He thought to himself, "If you please her she will probably stay nice, though who knows what would happen if she gets angry" He thought for a few more moments as she waited for his response, "Well" He started taking a deep breath, "That would, um, depend"

She leaned even closer, "On what?" She whispered.

"On the wish of course"

"Oh, right" She laughed.

Darius just needed to buy himself some time, hopefully get himself into a position where he could get away, "I can only grant one though" He offered up, cringing a bit as he did.

"Oh, yes well of course" She said with a nod, "I will need some time to think"

"That's fine" He hoped she would sleep on it. He was a little curious about her life, and how overbearing the king really was. And since she seemed willing to believe what ever came out of his mouth, this little guise might not be such a bad position for him, "Do you often read in private?" He asked.

Her eyes drifted back towards her book, "Y-Yes I must"

"You must? Why is that?"

"Father says the words in these books are poison"

"Do you think that?"

"I don't see how such lovely tales could be!"

"Are you on good terms with your father? Your mother?" He pressed further.

She flinched, "F-Father sent mother away when I was young"

Of course Darius knew this story already, Sarahs mother was deemed unworthy after she failed to produce a son. She was hung. The Queen after that met a similar fate.

"He does not love me"

"Oh no?" He gasped, as if in shock. Though he didn't doubt it, he was desperate for a son and he was getting old, though it seemed he made sure to keep a Queen that was still in her youthful prime.

"You won't tell? That I have spoken such things?"

"Of course not"

"I am not happy here" She said brushing her hand across the old pages of the book beneath her, "That is why I sneak away and read, I don't see why I cannot be like one of the princesses in these stories"

"I see"

"I-I want to go out into the villages but Father forbids it. He sends guards out with me when I go to walk among our people, he says they are for protection but...but-"

"You think they are there to keep you contained?"

She nodded, biting her lip, "Are the people happy? Surely you must know these things"

"No" He wondered if he was pushing his luck.

"I see, I have seen that, but when ever I ask him why he assures me they are content"

"Do you trust my word?" She nodded, "Over his?" She hesitated, eyes shifting towards the door for a moment before nodding once again.

"Alright, then you must listen carefully. The people are suffering. They have little clothes to wear and often struggle to find food to eat" Her gaze lowered, as if in shame, "Did you know your grandfather?"

"Father says he was a fool"

"Then you would be surprised to know that the Kingdom thrived under his rule"

"That is what Elizabeth has told me!" She said in a whisper.

"Elizabeth?"

"She has been my personal maid since I was a child, I would like to call her my friend but...all of these rules. If father gets suspicious, he might send her away too"

He nearly wanted to ask her to help him in his mission, but would she really be willing to aid in the death of her own father? No, he wouldn't task her with that, no matter how corrupt he may be. He also realized that her own life was in danger. Just as the king murdered his own father, she poses a threat as his only successor.

"It would be wise to stop asking your father questions about his rule"

"But why?"

"You do not want to disturb him" He warned, hoping she would catch the hint without him having to tell her blatantly that her father would not hesitate to kill her if she posed a threat.

"I-I wish I could escape, leave all of this" She dropped her head, "But there is no way, the last time..."

"You have tried to run before?"

She nodded, setting him gently down onto her pillow, "They...They whipped me" She slid her sleeves from her shoulders.

"Sarah wait you don't have to-"

"No, I must show someone" She insisted turning her back to him as she pulled the dress down over her arms revealing her back. Three long scars ran down her back, "This is what happens when I disobey father. And then I am supposed to go back, as if nothing had happened! Pretend that i am happy in this prison! My father loves his new mistress more than he loves me! Because she is only after his power. Please, make me free, that is my wish"

Darius shifted nervously as she turned her head towards him over her shoulder. At this size there was no way he could lead her to an escape, if only he hadn't broken the necklace, as of now he couldn't even save himself from his fate.

"I..." He started, it made him fell sick to his stomach to continue this lie, "My powers cannot simply whisk you away"

"Then...Then Love me" She said turning towards him, her arm draped over her chest, "I am forbidden to seek the companionship of a man, please" She leaned her free arm towards him, he let himself get lifted onto her palm but was unsure to what extent she wanted him to love her. She may have been an adult but she was still young, not to say that he was old but still he felt that it would not be proper.

"If it means you must pretend then do so" Her eyes pleaded as she now looked down on him, "Make me feel like one of the princesses in those stories"

Darius sighed, but nodded, "If that is what you wish" He fell back as she suddenly brought her hand to her lips, pressing against him gently and holding him there for a few long moments. She pulled him away blushing, how could he deny her when he brought such a sweet smile to her lips. She gently dropped her arm from her chest, her young bosom perking up in the slight chill that drifted in from an open window. She lowered him down between her breasts as she continued to slide out of her dress.

"Erm, would you mind putting these somewhere safe?" He said removing his cloak, sword and other clothes.

"Of course" She said excitedly taking the tiny bundle and placing it beside her.

Darius turned, following her long body down over her chest, across her flat stomach and down towards her legs which shifted excitedly as she kicked the dress from her feet. She bit her lip as he backed down within her cleavage. His bare feet stepped down across her stomach, rising and falling in shaking breaths. Her hand gripped him gently as he walked lower, sliding down towards her womanhood. She squirmed as he slid his hand inside, a little unsure how to go about this with such a massive woman. She seemed to enjoy it as he slipped his other arm in, pressing against the moist soft walls. She gasped as she suddenly guided him fully inside with her thumb. Darius squirmed as well as he could as he was overcome by the dark tunnel, muscles contracting around him.

An hour later he laid against her chest, her breathing had slowed down as she succumbed to sleep. He managed to pull himself out. He looked towards her face, she slept with a gentle smile across her lips. He gathered his belongings and prepared to leave. He had spotted a line of drawer tops that touched the side of her bed, he could probably make it to the window from there and find his way into another room. He came to the edge of the pillow and frowned, it would be a dangerous journey.

"You must leave?" A quiet voice called behind him.

Darius sighed and turned back towards Sarah, who was pulling her dress back up over her shoulders, "Yes" He said, hoping she would let him be on her way.

"Oh, well at least let me carry you to the window" She said rather sadly. He climbed into her hand and felt a little relieved that he wouldn't have to cross the mountainous cabinets and drawers on foot. She set him down on the stone window sill with a sigh.

"Well, I guess this is it" He said rubbing his head.

"I-I will never see you again?"

Darius shrugged, "I don't know about that, perhaps if I wander this way again"

She giggled, "Oh, alright. Thank you"

He shrugged again, "Hey, it's what I do" He watched as she turned away, waving slightly as she returned to her bed. He sort of felt sorry for her still, even with all the riches of the kingdom it would be impossible for her to find happiness here. But he would not be the man for her, but perhaps with the death of the king she may be find him.

Darius edged his way towards the long, long drop to the ground, flinching at every gust of wind. He was relieved to see a small stone lip followed along the castle wall which was dotted with windows, now he just had to find which one led to the King.