- Text Size +
Brooke carried Darius back into the living room and set down at the table, "Do my shoulders" She ordered playfully setting him down on her left shoulder. He sighed, kneeling down and gently kneaded the soft pale skin, "Oh yeah like that" She sighed.

He thought this might be a good chance to talk some sense into her, "Can we break from this for a moment and actually talk about-"

"If you keep doing what your doing" She said rather annoyed that he had stopped massaging her shoulder.

"Alright" He mumbled as he started pressing down into her soft skin once more, "Surely you do not intend to keep me like this, if anything because you don't want to have me around"

She shrugged lightly, "Watching you slave away is rather entertaining actually"

"So I have figured, but you must also remember that at one point we were friends? I mean right?"

"That was before I knew who you really were"

"Oh don't say that" He said, rubbing into her shoulder with a bit more vigor, "I know there are some memories that you cherish" His eyes fell down onto her bare chest. It seemed like not so long ago she wore that blue ruby daily, though it had been three years now since he last saw her with it, "Remember when you tried to enchant my sword for the first time?"

"Yes" She said, a slight grin crossed her lips but she quickly stifled it.

"You remember how we nearly burnt the forest down because you added a bit too much fire?"

A peep of laughter broke her lips, she covered them with two fingers.

"And you can't say that the three months I stayed was not fun? Remember when you were learning from your friend Nika?"

Brooke suddenly shuddered, causing Darius to lose his balance and tumble forward down the slope of her chest. He tumbled down onto a softer surface, hardly having time to realize what had happened before he came to a halt. He looked from side to side realizing that he pretty much ruined any chances of getting back on her good side. He now lay directly between her massive breasts, her large blue eyes even wider and her cheeks turning redder by the second. He tried to scramble back up as she reached down to grab him, he noted her fingernails had turned a shade of dark red, near purple. As she reached down her bosom spread apart slightly, the gap was large enough for Darius to slip through. He suddenly found himself lost within her flesh, her fingers desperately slipping into her cleavage to retrive him. By the time she grasped him he had pushed through the underside, now sliding down her abdomen under her white shirt. He came to a rather painful stop on her lap.

"Brook I-" He stammered, but was suddenly lifted off her lap. Without a word she set him on the table, her red nails even darker. She stood up, the chair groaning across the floor loudly. She turned and went into her room, slamming the door shut, "Oh no.." Darius muttered.

~~~

Brook leaned against the door, taking deep breaths. Her lips turned in a frown as she tried to stifle her cry. The events that he had perhaps unintentionally arose were now fresh in her mind. She did remember those three months that he had stayed. It was about two years after they had met that night on the road. Their meetings prior to that were often short, though playful. She had become fond of him, and was always disappointed that his life sent him traveling across the lands. He came back, once again using their deal for the necklace that she wore every day as an excuse to visit. He said that he was tired and wanted to take a break for a while. She offered that he could stay with her while he did, he accepted.

The first two months only served to increase her fascination with him, spending every day together. And she thought the feelings were mutual, he at least seemed to act that way. The third month into his stay an old friend of hers came to visit as well. Nika was a rather strange creature, seemingly human aside from a few major details. Her playful attitude was accompanied by feline ears and tail, and even her canines seemed a bit longer than a humans. Nika was originally supposed to come to help Brooke with her enchantments, which she did. Though she too seemed to take interest in Darius, and he in her. She never told Nika how she felt, nor Darius, why should she have? Wasn't it so obvious?

It all finally came crashing down that night he and her slipped away into the woods during the night. Brooke tried to ignore it but their gasps and playful giggles were proof enough of the love that they had taken away from her. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she tried to sleep it all away, her heart shattered.

The next morning they all acted as if nothing had changed, neither noticed that Brooke had taken the necklace off. Brooke hid her sorrow until they left. Darius would return every once in a while, she tried to greet him as she always did, even trying to forget that he had torn her heart away. It wasn't until he started to ask for favors, and give little to nothing in return did she finally start to treat him with distain. She hid her anger behind unpaid debts for items she couldn't care less about. As the months turned into years the unfriendliness became mutual, their relationship only trickled on through their dependence on each others line of work...

~~~

Darius sat down, trying to piece together what had happened. Why would she act this way? Surely she could be angry but he did not expect her to go storming from the room. In fact he actually expected her to just be her playful self about the whole thing, perhaps after a little verbal abuse, and he could of sworn he saw tears in her eyes.

The short fall day soon turned to night, Brooke was still locked in her room. Darius paced around the table, fearful she might do something with her rage. Finally the door swung open and she came back out, walking swiftly. With a flick of her wrist a massive orange burst filled the room, the fire in the fireplace seemed to rage within its pit almost bursting from its stone housing.

"Brooke it was an accident-"

"So you want to go back to normal? Fine." She growled slamming the necklace down on the table, "It's been a day, so I guess you can just leave"

Darius was confused beyond all reason, why would she let him go now of all times? He grunted as she lifted him off the table and set him on the floor with the necklace, placing him under the trinket.

"Go on, rub it"

So he did, and sure enough he suddenly burst up into the air. He sighed with relief now that he could stand a few inches taller than her, "Um, thanks" He mumbled. He looked down at her hands and saw the nails were still a deep dark red, nearly black, "Look that was an accident you twitched-"

"Look just take the damn necklace. Have fun raiding the castle you good for nothing thief!"

Darius wasn't sure what to say but just walked towards the door awkwardly. He looked over his shoulder before leaving the doorway, he went to speak but just shook his head and closed the door behind him. He clutched the necklace in his hand as he walked through the forest. He couldn't help but be a little disturbed by her behavior, it seemed, though strange as that might be, that him being her slave seemed to rekindle some of the old friendship they had. He just guessed her bitterness was always just hidden behind that playful guise. He felt his waist, and then his back, "Damnit" He muttered, his extra clothes, bags, and dagger still lay in a tiny pile on her table. The only thing he had on his waist was a small coin bag, he had just enough to get what he needed.

Brooke flung herself back onto her bed, mind writhing with both anger and refreshed sadness. She had managed to bury her old feelings for him under all of her anger. Part of her regretted letting him go, she had actually planned to keep him for at least another day or two. But she couldn't stand it, she couldn't stand the sight of him anymore.

~~~

The next morning Darius found his way into a dark shop, one he was familiar with but rarely needed the owners services.

"I was wondering when you would show up" A raspy voice called out from the shadows.

Darius nodded, "Do you have my order?"

The old looking man emerged from behind the counter and walked into the back room, "You are lucky I did not get rid of these yet, such items are dangerous to hold for very long"

"I hit a snag, but thank you" Darius said placing a few coins on the counter as he took the leather bag in hand. He opened it revealing the dark purple plant inside.

"Do you plan on killing an army?" The old voice cackled.

"I just need to be sure"

He left the shop in a hurry, stuffing the bag into a deep pocket. He could see the castle walls from here, always towering over the village. He walked out towards another familiar shop, one that he hadn't needed to use in a long time.

"Ahh Rodrick!" He called as he opened the door. A burly man grinned as he turned towards Darius, his face covered in black sut.

"Darius!" He said with a deep laugh, "It has been too long, old friend!"

"Still hard at work I see"

"Always, the world is always in need of a good sharp blade"

"And yours are the sharpest! And it would seem that I too am in need of a good blade"

"That is what I like to hear, I had a feeling you might be coming back so I had already prepared something a little special"

"I can't even imagine" He laughed following Rodrick into a back room.

Rodrick knelt down next to a small box, his long tough fingers gripped it and handed it over to Darius. Darius eyed him for a moment before opening the box, eyes widening at the sleek, long blade within.

"I knew you would like it, go on take it out!"

Darius lifted the dark handle out of the box, dropping it to the ground. He turned the blade over in his hands. The blade itself was as black as night, like a deadly shadow, "How did you manage this? And is it still sharp?"

"A trade secret my friend, and it might be one of the sharpest I have crafted"

"I'm not so sure I can pay for this"

"Nonsense, for you I will sell it for the regular price"

"Well I can do you better than that" Darius said throwing him the pouch of coins.

"Hm, I'll accept but only because money is short these days" Rodrick sighed.

Darius stayed for the night, glad he had at least one real friend to talk too, though he did not share his true intentions with anyone.

~~~

The next morning Darius walked down through the busy streets that led towards the castle, constantly rerunning his plans through his head. His sleek new sword bounced off his back, hidden under a long, hooded cloak. As the village turned to a city the buildings became denser he could only catch fleeting glimpses of the castle walls. He took Brooke's advice and hid the golden chain under his shirt.

He reached his hand to his chest, taking the little crystal in his hand, his thumb unconsciously rubbing across its surface, "Oh no" Was all he could mutter when he realized his mistake. With a flash he was suddenly hurled into another world, a very unfriendly one. The tiny bits of dirt and rocks seemed like massive boulders now, the buildings to his sides rose like mountains around him. And worse yet, there was a busy street full of titans and he was in the middle of them.

Some how his disappearance had gone unnoticed from the people walking around him, he was unsure if that was a good or bad thing. A dark shadow loomed over him, he turned to see a massive boot hovering over head. He scrambled across the rolling landscape just narrowly avoiding the foot. Again and again he scrambled back and forth wanting to get off to the side but the massive feet kept him trapped in the center of the road.

He screamed as a horses hoof landed mere inches away from him sending him tumbling through the air. He looked up as the giant beast passed over head, he felt his neck. "Oh hell!" He screamed. The necklace had fallen off in the commotion. He searched in a state of panic. He turned over the now massive hunks of pulverized dirt looking for the necklace. He caught a golden glimmer out of the corner of his eye, sighing as he saw it. He went to grab it when suddenly a massive brown pillar crashed down before him. He fell back, watching the horses hind leg pass over head. He regained his footing and walked to the flattened earth. He grabbed the golden chain and pulled it upwards, nearly crying out in shock as only a third of the red ruby rose from the earth. He stared down in shock, the ruby had been crushed into three pieces! He gathered the shattered pieces and secured them in his pocket, taking the chain and hanging it back around his neck. He watched as a giant carriage rolled past, finally giving him an opening to the side of the street.

He leant back against the stone wall with a sigh, watching the busy street that now loomed over him. The outside world was so much larger and more intimidating than Brooke's modest home, almost more so now that no one seemed to know he was there. He wondered what she would say to him now? He had once again foolishly shrunken unintentionally, the few miles to the castle would be hundreds of miles to him now. And whats worse was now the necklace was broken, he was sure the shattered crystal would not be able to return him to normal now, though he couldn't be sure until tomorrow.

Darius let out a long sigh, what has he gotten himself into this time...