- Text Size +
Later that week Darius had set up a meeting between Nika and Rodrick. The day came, Nika was busy gathering her things and setting them up on a table as if setting up a shop.

"Nika, you know he is really most interesting in meeting you, not your works"

She shook her head, "I have this all planned out"

"And you also know that he will not be here until this evening"

"Yes, so?"

"Well I am just saying, the sun rose about an hour ago"

"I just want to make a good first impression"

"He is not all that judgmental"

"Still" She sighed, setting out her last trinket. She smiled as Brooke and Wendy walked into the room, "Did you guys get it?"

Brooke nodded, "Yup, though I still think this is stupid"

Wendy shook her head, "No it isn't"

"What? What are you guys doing?" Darius asked.

"Nothing" Nika said with a grin.

"Oh Darius, Sarah is back from visiting the Palace, she wanted to talk with you" Brooke said motioning for the door.

"I see" He said as he walked for the door. He stepped outside and saw Sarah standing out front, a new looking purple dress hung from her shoulders.

"Hi" She said waving slightly.

"That looks nice" Darius said as he came to her side, "Would you like to walk?" She nodded and they made their way aimlessly around the house.

"I have made my decision" She finally said.

"Yes?"

"Well, they had shown me around their palace, their kingdom is truly beautiful. And they are so peaceful, and wise" She stopped, "I want my people to share that feeling"

"So, you want to go back?"

She nodded, "I don't know how we will do it, but I cannot stand to see the people suffer anymore. If I am the one who can bring peace and prosperity back then I will do it...it is just...I want to know if you will be with me when I do it?"

Darius nodded, "I will do everything in my power to help"

~~~~

"This is stupid" Brooke sighed.

"Well it is too late now" Nika laughed, their hands cupped over the blue ruby.

"Is it supposed to glow like that?" Wendy asked, watching from the side.

"Yes"

"How long do you guys have to hold it like that?"

"Until it stops glowing"

~~~~

"That is not entirely what I meant" Sarah said looking him in the eyes.

Darius nodded, "Let us just move one step at a time"

She smiled, "Alright-" She was cut off by a loud thunderous noise.

"Oh no" Darius muttered.

~~~~

Brooke stared blankly forward, it had all happened so fast. She looked down, the detail in the surrounding grass seemed off, of course it did, "Oh please tell me I'm dreaming"

Wendy looked around, "Um, that wasn't supposed to happen was it?"

Nika sighed, "No..."

Darius and Sarah stared blankly at the three girls, now absolutely titanic figures against the tree line. Nika's house had splintered and collapsed, now laying beneath them. They seemed to vary in sizes, Brooke stood out has much larger, an empty chain hung in her hands. Nika was the next largest, around one hundred and fifty feet tall. Wendy seemed to have gotten the least of it, only sixty or so feet tall. Brooke on the other hand was over two hundred feet tall, the true image of a goddess.

Brooke looked to Darius and Sarah, then down at her other larger friends, "This is bad" She looked at the chain, only a tiny semicircle remained of the once large ruby, "This is very bad"

Darius ran over, "What happened?!"

Brooke cringed at the question, "We decided to add a growing enchantment to my necklace"

"It was my fault!" Wendy cried, starting to panic over her new situation, "I shouldn't have pestered, I should have just dropped this stupid idea" She dropped her head into her hands.

Nika set a hand on her back, "It's not your fault, I was foolish enough to actually go through with it"

Brooke sighed, "So Nika do you think your spells could get us out of this one?"

Nika grimaced, looking towards the necklace that still hung from Brookes hands, "I don't know...this is probably the worst that could have happened"

"It exploded?" Darius asked.

Nika nodded, "Yes, well basically. And the force seems to have destroyed most of the diamond"

"And exploded us" Wendy sobbed, "We're monsters now"

"I will see to it that no one regards you as such" Sarah called up.

~~~~

Darius and Sarah helped Nika gather what remained of her home which now lay in pieces. She set her trinkets and other enchantments down on the grass, "Oh it is ruined now" She grumbled, "So much for finally finding someone"

"Don't say that" Darius assured her.

Nika rolled her eyes, "It will probably take months for me to find some sort of way to diminish my size, and nothing I can do will be permanent, this is who we are now"

Darius shrugged, "I'm sure he will just find you more interesting"

Nika smiled softly, "It is kind of you to say that, but who would want to be with someone as big as me...I don't see it working" She looked down at him, he folded his arms over his chest, causing her to smile, "Oh...right...um well I will give it a shot"

"That's the spirit" He laughed, "Besides at this size all of your good traits are so much more defined"

"You think?"

He nodded, "Certainly"

She gasped, "But what about my bad ones! What if my fur is sticking on end" She gripped her tail and ran her hands over it, "Or what if-"

"You are fine, trust me"

She nodded, though still bit her lip nervously, "When does he arrive again?"

Darius looked towards the sun, "Not too long now actually, I will go meet him in the road I guess...or wait" He strained his eyes, "I think thats him"

Nika covered her face, "I am so not ready"

Darius shrugged, "Just be yourself, he is no different than anyone else"

Nika slid her hands down onto her chin, looking at him, "I will try"

"Good, well we will all be over here, I think Wendy still needs to be calmed a bit"

They watched as Rodrick approached, eyeing the scene curiously. He neared Darius, "What happened here?"

"The Sorceresses had a bit of an explosion"

"I can see that, erm...should I still be here?"

"Of course, Nika is over there waiting...she is hard to miss" He laughed nodding towards the nervous Neko.

"I see, well...good luck to me huh?"

"You won't need it I imagine. And don't let the size scare you, I can tell you from being trapped at below an inch in height, women are quite enjoyable at that size"

Rodrick nodded, "I remember you telling me, quite a story"

Darius laughed, "Well, don't talk business too long" He said before departing towards Brooke Sarah and a pretty broken up Wendy.

"How is she doing?" Darius whispered to Sarah.

"Well, she stopped crying" Sarah said with a concerned look.

"I guess I never had a normal life anyway" Wendy mumbled

"Don't say that Wendy, we will find a way to reverse this" Brooke said laying a hand on her back, though she looked to Darius with a grave expression, she sighed, "I should probably go back to my own cottage tomorrow, get what I can and come back. At this size I could make it there in under an hour I'd imagine"

"But I guess since this happened we could talk about a plan to help Sarah" Darius mumbled.

"Please don't feel the need to do that" Sarah said, "I do not want to use you for my own goals"

"He is right" Brooke shrugged, "I could be a heavy weight to throw"

"But for what we will need, I do not think the Neko will invade, the Queen still stands as hardly a minor threat to their empire"

"But in time" Darius said, "If she conquers more land"

"And what about me?" Wendy asked looking around.

"Wendy we cannot ask you to fight" Sarah said coming to her friends knee, leaning against it in a strange hug.

Wendy smiled, pressing her fingers to Sarahs back, "I...I guess I do sort of like being this big" She forced a smile. She looked to Darius, outstretching her hand. He went to deny but Brooke glared down at him from over her shoulder, so he complied. He was now taller than her hand, so she could hold him more like a doll as she pressed him to her cheek. She pulled away and shrugged, "I think I like you better at this size, before I could hardly feel you!"

Darius shook his head, "Such a gentle giant"

They turned to watch Nika and Rodrick, laughing a little as she seemed to be a little reserved, her hands folded in her lap as she spoke with him quietly.

"God she is acting so strange" Brooke said shaking her head, "I don't know what it is, especially with Rodrick"

"I know, he rarely has this effect on women" Darius laughed.