- Text Size +
Darius sighed, leaning back into the soft, wrinkled wall. The sounds of Brooke's body sloshed all around them, he could make out each step she took as a deep thump. The sound of air rushing in and out was just barely audible over the beating of her heart and the other wet smacks and gurgles beyond the stomach walls. He could not see Sarah, though he could feel her sitting next to him.

"You're not a fairy...are you?" She asked.

He sighed, "No"

"You were the one that killed my father?"

"Yes"

"I see"

"I understand if you want to part ways with us once you are out of here, consider this payment for the emotional damages I might have caused"

"No, I have no where else I would want to go, or could go really" She went silent, "How did you kill him?"

"Are you sure you want to know?"

"Yes, tell me"

"I will start from the beginning, to help you understand who I am, what I did and why" He went on to explain to her everything, his voice drowning out all the sounds of Brooke's inside. He told her of his father, what Jared had done to him, and what he did afterwards. He briefly touched on his and Brooke's spotty friendship, and finally gave a detailed description of the events leading up to and through his assault on the castle.

"So, that night...you acted out of fear? Of me?"

"Not entirely, but truthfully it played a role"

"I guess I understand...thank you for being honest" She sighed, "I know you must think I am rather stupid..everyone does. No one ever speaks to me truthfully, they all talk down to me like I am still a child, like I don't understand what is going on around me"

"Well, you are free now"

"I am, fairy or not you did fulfill my wish" Her grip tightened around his hand, "Thank you"

"So, Brooke...who is she?"

"A friend, well I think she is a friend it's hard to tell sometimes"

"I guess friends don't really eat each other!" Sarah laughed.

"Not usually, but I guess when you have friends with special talents" He chuckled.

"So, will you be growing too? You know once we are out"

"No, well not right away"

"Oh, I see"

"Yeah, I am sort of trapped like this, mostly because I am an idiot. Brooke will gladly attest to that. But later today we will be going to meet with her friend who might be able to help repair my necklace"

"Oh that's good, where does she live?"

"Brooke said it would be a two day walk, which is probably for the best, the further we are from the castle the better"

~~~~

Brooke rubbed her index finger across her stomach, feeling a little strange. She exited the castle uneventfully, smiling as she felt little pokes and prods from within. She hoped that her body would be a strong enough barrier between Sarah and the spell casted upon her, they would undoubtably start looking for her soon.

Once she was out of the city, and away from people she tapped against her stomach, "Can you guys hear me? Are you alright in there?"

Darius looked around in the black, Brooke's voice seeming to emanate all around them, "We can hear you!" He shouted, "And nothing seems to be happening!"

Brooke nearly laughed as a tiny voice seemed to yell to her from within her own head, it was a little muffled but surprisingly she could make out the words, "Alright, well I am away from people but I don't see any good way to get you out until I am back home, is that okay?"

"Yes" Sarah yelled, "That is fine" She had long sense released Darius's hand, leaning back against the wall, "It is so strange inside of here"

Darius laughed, "Indeed it is, no less strange than my first trip!"

"She is an interesting character, I have always wanted to meet someone who could manipulate magic in such a way! Though this is not how I pictured it" She paused for a moment, "It must have been quite scare the first time! You said you were unsure if she actually intended to really eat you?"

"Quite horrified actually" Darius laughed, "I thought she was still mad at me from before, and I guess I don't blame her now..." He sighed.

"She must really care for you"

"Enough to not kill me at least"

"I mean, when I saw you two talking you sounded to me like an old couple" She laughed.

Darius laughed as well, "I ruined my chances with that a long time ago" He sighed, ever since that conversation with Brooke he couldn't help but think of what he lost. In truth he had fallen for her, and he was honest when he told her the reason he didn't pursue her completely was because he did fear he might hurt her. In fact ever since the day he met her on that road he was nearly obsessed with her, it is what kept him coming back. He knew there were plenty of other, more capable mages around than her at the time.

Brooke walked down the path, sighing when she saw Wendy sitting on her front step waiting.

Wendy lifted her head when she heard footsteps approaching, "Where are they?" She asked quickly running over.

"Don't worry Darius and Sarah are fine, we had to change our plan slightly" She said placing her bag on the table. Wendy quickly snatched up the bag and started to open it, "They are not in there" She looked down towards her belly, "Alright we are here, I am going to fish some string down there to get you out"

"You ate them?!" Wendy asked.

"It was the only way to get Sarah out without being seen by the spell"

"And what of Elizabeth?" Wendy asked getting to her knees, looking at Brooke's stomach curiously.

"She wanted to stay behind"

"Oh..." Wendy sighed, shaking her head, "She certainly is a stubborn old woman!" She forced a smile. She suddenly pressed her head against Brooke's stomach, tapping it lightly, "Hello? Sarah? Darius?"

Sarah gasped, "Wendy!" She screamed jumping up and falling back against the wall, "Did you hear that?!"

Brooke sighed, "Please chat after I get them out of my stomach" Prying the excited girl off her abdomen.

She held out her hand again, teleporting a roll of thread into her hand. She unraveled it a few feet before biting it off from the rest of the roll. She tied a few knots at one end, tying the other end to her index finger. Wendy watched as Brooke struggled to swallow the string.

"Darn it" She muttered as the string stuck motionlessly to the back of her throat, she closed her eyes and her lips as she swallowed rapidly, finally feeling it start to go down her throat. "All right it's coming down"

Darius heard the entrance to the stomach flex as it deposited the string inside. He felt around the slimy walls until he found it. He reached out in the darkness and grabbed Sarahs arm, "Alright come here" He said placing her hands on the knots, he tied the bottom of the string around her waist. Once it was secure he pulled on the string a few times, "Bring her up!" He felt as her soaking body slipped away.

"Sarah!" Wendy squealed as she watched Brooke pull the tiny girl from her throat, setting her down on the table only to be quickly swept into Wendy's hands. She pressed the tiny girl to her cheek, "Oh I thought I would never see you again"

Brooke sighed, "Perhaps you should let her get back to normal and washed off before hugging her? I guess it's too late for that"

Wendy pulled Sarah away, wiping the saliva off her cheek, "Gross", she set her back down before Brooke, who then handed Sarah the slightly smaller vial after uncorking it. Sarah struggled to drink down the potion.

"Hey Darius, could you possibly find that strip of cloth Sarah was wearing? I don't think that will do very well in my intestines"

"Yeah yeah yeah" Darius muttered feeling around the stomach as Brooke swallowed the string once again.

~~~~

Darius thanked Brooke as she set him down in his little wash bowl, "Where are the girls?"

"In my room using the bath"

"Together?" Darius laughed.

Brooke sighed, "That would be the first place your mind would jump isn't it?"

"Well it only seemed strange to me that they would be in there together" He shook his head, "I don't understand women"

"And yet you seem to have them going head over heels for you as of late"

"Don't remind me" He mumbled.

"I don't know what you did to get that poor girl so fascinated with you, Sarah, well, I guess that is a little more acceptable but you need to find a way to fix the whole deal with Wendy"

"That is not really my strong suit" He mumbled, "Besides I think she understands, she is just young she will be over me the next time she sees a another handsom man walking down the street"

"Another one?" Brooke asked with a smile.

"Yes very funny" He struggled to climb out of the bowl, feeling Brooke's fingers gently tug him up into the air and back down onto the table, "Thanks"

"Well once they are done we better get going, in fact I will go hurry them up" She said rising to her feet. He watched as she entered her room, the chatter of Sarah and Wendy becoming audible until the door closed. He sighed, "This will be interesting..."