- Text Size +
It had almost been a month now, though Mike could hardly remember what it was like back home. He walked through the streets, nodding at a few familiar faces. He still sort of felt like an outsider, but he had always been a little bit of a loner. He and his father had moved their way down the coast after his mother died. His father was actually making plans to move away from florida after their last trip out to sea, it would never happen now. He shook the thought from his head, confident that his father was alive here, somewhere.

A shout broke Mike's silent musings. The whole village seemed to freeze for a moment, before scattering into their homes, Mike was one of the few left standing in the street. Then he saw it. A large black figure rounded one of the massive trees. Mike could hardly believe it, in all his time here he hadn't met one of these oversized creatures. It's black fur flowed lightly in the wind, its dark eyes scanning the ground as its snout lowered. Its sniffs sounded more like giant blasts of wind as it slowly lifted a massive paw to continue further. Mike wasn't too certain what to do, the beast took a few more steps, curiously sniffing at the ground. It's massive figure blocked the path back home. Mike watched as someone snuck up behind the beast, his life once again about to enter slow motion.

He watched as the man thrust his spear up into the wolfs hind leg, only reaching up to its ankle. The wolf yelped, jumping into the air higher than one would imagine to be physically possible. The wolf landed about twenty yards away from Mike, only then did the little voice in his head click and scream, "Run you idiot!" so he did. But as he looked over his shoulder he saw a massive paw spreading over his head.

"Oh shit" He muttered, before he was engulfed by blackness.

~~~~

What a miracle, well sort of. The good thing, Mike was alive, and seemingly in no pain. His head poked out from between the wolfs toes, feeling a little nauseous as the wolf ran through the forest, the world zipped by in a blur.

When everything settled Mike felt the walls around him relax, allowing him to fall onto the ground, rolling away from the beasts hind legs as they walked by. He scrambled to his feet, still dizzy he tried to get a grip of where he was. It appeared the wolf had ran to a clearing, bright green grass surround him at about waist height. His blood chilled as he saw four other wolves laying where the one he had been stuck on was walking towards, they didn't seem to notice him. Mike's biggest concern now was trying to make his way back. He was undoubtably miles and miles from the village now, the wolf had been running for a solid twenty minutes and with its massive strides could cover ground at unthinkable speeds. Mike looked around, unsure of where to go, but he wasn't about to wait around for the wolves to take interest in him.

Almost at random Mike picked a direction and headed back into the massive tree line. The Jungle took on a new eerie feeling as he made his way alone. Already his throat burned a bit from thirst and after his stomach finally settled he realized he was hungry. He tried to push these thoughts away, reminding himself that there would be plenty of food when he got back. He tried to keep his spirits high, imagining himself telling the others of his trip, it would probably add to his fame even more. He thought for sure he would run into a search party before he even saw the village.

The day dragged on, and nothing looked remotely familiar. In fact the terrain itself started to change, the flat soft jungle floor soon started to roll up and down, pocketed with rocky cliffs. Mike stumbled across the uneven ground, he could no longer ignore his raspy throat. Finally he collapsed against a large boulder, chest heaving as he tried to get some more oxygen into his lungs. His shirt clung to his back with sweat, the more open canopy letting in more unwelcome hot sun. He leaned his head down on his arm, watching as sweat beaded up on the top of his nose before falling to the ground. Then he heard something. His head rose, closing his eyes as he tried to listen, "Water!" He gasped.

Mike made his way down a rocky slope, using the giant trees to balance himself. He saw a rock flat ahead, the sound of rushing water growing loud. He stumbled out onto the rock flat, the sun beating down on his head as he peered over the edge. He frowned, the water was a good hundred feet below the edge of the cliff. He followed the river from above hoping to find a spot where he could get down, half toying with the idea of just trying to jump down. Finally the land started to slope downwards, the canyon gave way, the water rushing into a wide open clearing. Mike nearly shouted with joy as he found a spot he was able to climb down. His feet touched the rocky earth and he ran straight into the water.

The water flowed over his head as he submerged himself, letting himself forget is worries for now. He drank until his stomach hurt. Once he had his fill he let himself float around in the calm water, the river grew deeper towards the center creating a wide pool before continuing on back into the jungle. Eventually Mike pulled his tired body back up onto the rocky bank, sitting with his back the massive stone cliff.

He was about to doze off when he suddenly heard a massive disturbance in the tree line. His blood ran cold as he watched the massive brush quiver as something apparently quite massive was about to make its way towards the water pool. A giant white furred head broke the tree line. A canine creature that looked fairly similar to the one he had encountered earlier dipped its massive head down into the cool waters not fifty yards away. Mike slowly rose to his feet to find a place to hide but was frozen by a mixture of fear and confusion as something else broke the tree line.

He couldn't quite believe what he was seeing, a human figure stood there about twice the height of the wolf. Her hand reached down and stroked the wolf's white back as she too leant down towards the river. Her long flowing brown hair fell towards the water as she dipped her hands into the cool liquid. She brought them back to her face, her blue eyes scanning the area casually. Mike had seen pictures of giant people in Vincents book, but they aways had other more distinguishing features such as the body of a snake or wings and horns. But as he continued to admire this giant feminine figure he saw nothing. Her tan skin and generous curves were only covered by a leather vest and small skirt, both seemed to be fashioned out of some sort of leather or animal skin. Though Mike was almost hypnotized by the young looking giantesses beauty he could not get over his fear of her and her companion. The stories of these giant humanoids was never a peaceful one, mostly pointing out that they thoroughly enjoyed making people into snacks.

Mike remained hidden, he had backed his way into some bushes as he continued to watch the girl. She crossed the pool, the water never rising over her knees, and sat on the opposite bank. The wolf acting much like a young dog proceded to prance around in the cool waters for a while before joining the girl on the bank. Night slowly began to fall on the jungle, the bright green colors slowly dimming into dark greens, purples and grays. The pool was soon overshadowed, only a slim stream of light illuminating the mysterious giantesses face. Mike was conflicted by several urges. One told him to flee before he got himself caught, but he couldn't shake his desire to approach her. She seemed harmless in appearance, she looked like she might even be the same age as him, perhaps even younger. There was a twinge of sadness in her composure, only broken occasionally by her companion as the massive wolf would roll over and beg for attention. Mike almost wanted to laugh with her. But then he saw an actual reason to stay, the girl brought a small leather pouch off her waist, pulling from it little strips of meat. Mike's stomach groaned, he hadn't eaten since dinner last night.

Mikes knees ached from crouching for so long, he tried to reposition once but he saw the wolfs ear twitch, it might have been nothing but he wasn't about to risk it. Night had fallen upon them, and Mike decided that he had to make a move. He crawled from his hiding spot, stretching out his aching joints as he did. His eyes scanned the other bank, seeing the pouch resting on an outcropping on the cliff. The giantess was sleeping with her head just below the outcropping, the wolf curled up by her feet.

Mike waded into the now cool waters, swimming as quietly as he could once his feet could no longer touch. His eyes were constantly watching the wolf, now fast asleep. The giantesses size become even more apparent as he neared her, his heart sank when he noticed there didn't seem to be an easy way up onto the outcropping. He gripped the cliffs stone, the rocks and divits seemed large enough to make a relatively easy climb. He made each move carefully, cringing every time a little piece of rock fell free. His climb was going well, reaching the same height as the outcrop. His stomach yearned for nourishment. He started making his way to his right, the giantess was right below him now. Mike took a deep breath and reached for the next handhold, frowning as he failed to find one. It seemed the only purely flat area of the wall was in the five foot gap between Mike and the pouch. After a few more minutes of trying to inch his foot onto the cropping there seemed to be only one option, other than giving up.

Mike took a deep breath, then pushed off as hard as he could. For a moment it seemed like he was going to make it, until his knees crashed into the cropping. He scratched at the outcropping trying to hold on but failed to find something to hold onto. Gravity took its toll as he was pulled downwards, he knew he was done fore as he watched the cropping fall away from him. He turned in mid air to see the giantesses face rapidly approaching. He braced for impact, eyes widening as he saw he was heading right into her slightly parted lips. He crashed into the soft surface, and went straight down. His shoulder crashed into something hard as he tumbled into the warm cavern.

~~~~

Alicia was suddenly woken from her rest, a terrible squirming feeling in the back of her throat. She sat up, coughing what ever it was into her hand, looking down in a bit of shock and disgust.

Mike was in a daze, a searing pain wrecked at his still recovering shoulder. He looked around and saw he was in the palm of the giantesses hand. His eyes shifted up to her face, her face was a little flustered but she seemed more surprised than angry. He was shocked even more when she seemed to look almost concerned.

"A-Are you alright?" She asked.

"I think so"

They sat awkwardly for a moment, "So uh, any reason you decided to jump down my throat?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well I wasn't trying" Mike started, he reached up and felt his shoulder, warm liquid spreading down his arm, "I was uh-"

"Wait are you bleeding? Oh my gosh your hurt!" She interupted him, which he was a little thankful for, he had time to think up a story other than he was just trying to get her food.

"It's alright I think, just reopened an old wound" Mike said lifting his shirt to confirm this.

"Well you're bleeding all over!" She said setting him on the ground, "I need to find you a bandage" She said looking around in one of her bags.

"No I got it" Mike said, tearing his sleeve much as Vincent did the first day. She watched as he tried to tie it himself.

"No let me" She said, her large fingers surprisingly nimble enough to make a knot. She pulled it tight, causing Mike to groan a bit, "Oh sorry"

"Its fine, thank you"

She took a deep breath, "So. If you wouldn't mind explaining?" She asked with an arched brow.

"Yeah I um" Mike thought quickly, "I was lost and I thought that maybe you could help?" It seemed like a weak story but it would have to do.

"Oh, well I'm not sure if I can be of much help other than offer you some food" Mike perked up at this, "But I haven't seen a human settlement in months now, maybe even a year" She said trailing off a bit. The wolf was behind Mike now, curiously sniffing at him, Mike backed away a little nervous.

"Don't worry, she wont hurt you"

"O-Oh" Mike said, cringing as the giant muzzle poked him. The wolfs black nose was both taller and wider than himself.

"So what is your name?"

"Mike, and yours?" Mike said patting the wolfs nose lightly.

"Alicia, and Mike? I haven't heard of that name before?"

"Oh, its uh, its short for Michael" Mike said feeling a little dumb.

"Mmm" Alicia responded, the second only sounded a bit more familiar.

"Well its common from where I came from"

"And where would that be?"

"I doubt you'll believe me when I tell you" Mike said with a sigh, the entire story reminded him of his bad luck.

"Oh I bet I would, I've lived through some strange things"

Mike took a deep breath and started telling his story. Alicia's eyes widened as he told of how he was from Earth, and everything leading up to where he was now, changing the story slightly at the end to avoid the whole attempted food theft, "Sorry, I probably rambled too much" Mike apologized.

"No, that was amazing! You mean to tell me your from Earth? The mother world?!"

"You have heard of it?"

"Of course! There are old folk tails from my people about the old world! They say we all came from there!"

"Though I don't think we have giant people back on Earth"

The sadness reappeared in Alicias eyes, "I-I wasn't always this way" She said, eyes shifting into the pool.

"So...you were normal once?" Mike said, hoping he wasn't being rude.

"Well, I guess I was never normal" Alicia said with a sigh.

"I see" Mike said, interested at how she could have gotten this way.

"Well, back home, I always grew a little faster than the other children" She started, "But then, I kept growing. When I was fourteen I could hardly sleep on my own bed anymore. The people started talking, saying that I was...I was a demon, a monster. When I was fifteen I couldn't fit in my parents house anymore" Her voice started to shake, "A-And when I turned sixteen I hit a big growth spurt again, becoming what I am now. They chased me away, fearing that I would try to take over the town, or eat the other children. I have been out here on my own ever since, its been two years now I think" She wiped her eye.

"I'm sorry" Mike said.

"That is what surprised me most when I found you, well sort of, no one has ever approached me before. They all just assume I am like some sort of naga, or, or something else"

Mike felt a guilty twinge in his gut, "But you are nothing like them"

"Sometimes I wonder, I mean I am certainly large enough"

"Are the naga that large?"

"Yes. Well their upper half would be the same as me, the lower half is another story" She said with a laugh.

"S-So you have met one before?"

An oddly bitter expression crossed her face, "You can say that" She started to tell her story...

~~~(Flashback)~~~

Alicia scrambled through the forest, tears running freely down her cheeks. The sounds of cries were far gone now but she couldn't shake the images of torches and spears from her mind. How could her own people turn against her like that? How could they not see she was not a monster? Her feet suddenly dropped from beneath her, landing in a thick mucky swamp. She tried to turn but her feet sank deeper and she fell. The mud seemed to be trying to consume her, she tried desperately to escape but was too weak to pull herself free.

She felt something strange wrapping around her waist, and was even more startled as she started to be pulled backwards. She let herself get dragged up the back and and over the steep bank. She looked down to see the coil of scales unravel. She followed the long tail, her eyes widening in both shock and horror to see the figure of a naga looking back at her.

"P-Please don't hurt me!" She stammered as  the naga slid forward.

"Hurt you?" She laughed, "Why would I do that, I just saved you silly!"

"Oh...Well thank you" Alicia said, wiping some of the mud off her stomach and chest.

She smiled, "Of course! So why did you go running into that swamp anyway?"

"Well I didn't see it"

"Oh, I see. Well my name is Liza"

"Alicia"

"Nice to meet you, if you want I know of a much safer place to swim" She said with a smile, "Get you cleaned up as well"

"That sounds nice" Alicia said, smiling as Liza helped her to her feet. She followed the excited naga through the jungle, arriving at a wide blue lake. They became friends quickly, Liza taught Alicia how to survive in the forest, though never touching on the idea of eating people, that was until one day a few months later.

Alicia smiled as Liza happily came out of the jungle, cupping something in her hands, "What do you have there?" Alicia said with a playful laugh. Her eyes widened in shock as Liza opened her hands. Four tiny people sat terrified in her hands.

"Want to try one?" She said with a grin, lifting a tiny women up by her legs.

"N-No you can't just-" She gasped as Liza dropped the women into her gaping mouth. She swallowed after playing with her for a few moments. "Liza...I-I" Alicia stammered, mortified that her friend would do this.

"Come on! Try one" Liza said approaching her.

"No!"

"Oh come on!"

"Don't bring them any-" Alicia started but was suddenly tackled into the water of the lake. She tried to fight her off but Liza over powered her, still thinking this was only just a game. She pried open her mouth and slid two of the kicking and screaming people inside. Alicias eyes watered as she felt their tiny arms and legs kick and scratch their way into her throat, and with some more coaxing of Liza's hand she swallowed.

"See, good right!" Liza said with a giggle, letting Alicia up.

"Get off me!" Alicia cried with a shaking voice. Liza looked at her surprised, "You can't do that! Y-You monster!" She cried again, tears starting to flow down her cheek.

"A-Alicia I'm sorry I didn't thin-"

"Get away! I don't ever want to see you again!" Alicia wept, running down the river bank that flowed into the lake. Liza just watched, dumbfounded.

Once Alicia was far away she vomited, desperately apologizing to the people, but they just ran away.

~~~

"And so I was alone again. Until I found Snow here" She said patting the wolf on her head, "She was just a puppy at the time, alone just like me"

Mike leaned back, "I guess we both have pretty wild stories"

Alicia smiled as she gently ran her fingers through the wolfs hair, "Are you hungry?"

"Actually yeah" Mike said rubbing the back of his head. He watched as she opened up the pouch, tearing off a strip of cooked meat. "Thanks" Mike said, "I think this could feed me for a week" He laughed holding the massive hunk of meat, "So what is this?" He said after a few bites.

"Elk, I used to have to eat only fruits, but Snow hunts for both of us"

They talked for a while, mostly Alicia just wanted to learn more about earth. Eventually Alicia went back to sleep, head resting on Snows side. Mike tried to sleep but had trouble calming his mind, over stimulated by the past days excitement. As the sky started to turn a hue of purple he finally drifted off...