- Text Size +
Story Notes:
1HS
Being me really sucks sometimes.

I mean, REALLY sucks.

I mean one minute I could just be sitting here, minding my own god damned business, and the next minute I get a call.

I don't like answering the phone, alright? Most of the time the person on the other end of the phone is upset about something and needs me to do my thing and make everything right. Nobody cares about whether or not I'm in the middle of a cool movie or something, it's always, "Celia! Some stupid mudda fucka hasn't paid up in a month, we need you to go collect!"

Worst part is, it's usually my own god damn father making these requests! I didn't ask to be born to a stupid piece of shit like him, I'd rather have a normal family. Go out every Sunday and watch baseball games together, or whatever the fuck it is normal families do.

But no, I had to be the only daughter of some stupidass criminal type and grow up watching grown men break down and cry to threats of broken kneecaps or forcably removed fingers. More often than not, I even had to watch these threats acted out, cause it was part of, "The Family Business"

Bullshit.

I've tried to get out of this lifestyle before, you know, put it all behind me, move to Florida or something with less organized crime, and more innocent old people to get mad at for driving badly.

But noooo, everytime I bring it up he always says, "You know we need you here!" or, "Business has been booming since you were born, we need you!". He once even threatened to kill me if I tried to leave without permission!

Can you believe that? My father threatened to kill me!

So you know what I said back?

"Not if I kill you first."

Simple, straight to the point, I should have given myself a fuckin' medal right then and there. His eyes got all wide for a second and I bet he was actually wonderin' if I'd do it.

But I guess I had a stupid smile or some shit like that cause he told me to go do as I was told and that was the end of that. The point is, he's more afraid of me than I am of him.

See, ever since I was real young like, I remember some really strange things going on. Things I own would suddenly go missing, and my dad, well, he didn't like that.

Course, I was way younger and cuter then. Long black hair, always keep it in a ponytail cause I didn't need my hair to get in my way, even at that age. I was a smart kid if I say so myself. That and he probably wouldn't have tried any crazy shit on a 6 year old.

But as I learned after he confronted me one day, he'd apparently found many of the things I thought I'd lost. I was happy, ya know? He was being a good god damn father for once and lookin' out for me.

And then he opens up his hands and points to his palm accusingly, asking how I did it. I didn't know what he was talking about and told him just that.

Well, that wasn't the answer he was looking for, so he opened up his other hand and hit me in the face.

Now like I said earlier, I was a pretty fuckin' cute kid, so the concept of being hit was still new to me at the time.

And you know what? It still is.

I've never felt what everyone else calls pain. Don't know why, but it seems like a pretty cool... I don't know, ability? Anomaly? Mutation? Fuck if I know the right word, I'm not a book smarts kinda girl.

All I know is that when he hit me, it didn't hurt, at all. My head was moved to the side cause, well, he hit me. I can't feel pain but if I got hit by a train I'd still go flyin' pretty far, know what I'm sayin'?

Course, at the time I didn't know getting hit was supposed to hurt. Cute but stupid, I wish I was still like that sometimes.

So he hit me again and I thought he was trying to play some kind of dumb game, so I started laughing and hit him back.

I guess I can hit harder than most people too, he was really thrown for a loop with the hit, but he recovered pretty quickly, though he was rubbing his jaw pretty well where I hit him.

So, in what I like to think was a bit of a bitch-fit, he tosses his hands up and walks out callin' me stupid.

The little things in his hand go flying out too, and I pick one of them up, and realize the greasy asshole wasn't lying. It was my backpack, only made, well, really tiny. I didn't know at the time, but I guess it's something else I can do that's apparently pretty rare among people, the ability to make things get smaller.

I think it's pretty cool to say the least, even if I didn't know how to control it at the time.

But I learned.

Boy did I learn.

I spent years trying to remember what exactly I had been doing when the items had gone missing, trying to replicate it. Drinking lemonade and eating a sandwich didn't seem to power the ability though.

Then, one day things got really weird.

What day? Shit if I remember.

I just remember it was a weird day, alright. I was home alone cause my dad had gone to take care of some family business.

So I was sitting down, watching some TV like I always do when dad's not around, and someone starts pounding on the door.

Like, really god damn loud.

Now, at this time I was in high school and had grown used to this kind of sound, and it was usually followed by some yelling and threats.

But, I was younger then, I figured, "I'm a grown fuckin' woman. I don't give two shits whats behind that door, if it's for dad and they want him dead, good for me!"

So, I go open the door, and see some huge guy standing there with a pistol.

Now remember, at the time I still didn't know anything about my, well, abilities, so I was real fuckin' scared see. But I couldn't let him see that! I had to put up a brave front, you always have to in this business.

I'm about to ask this huge intrusive guy who he is when he asks a question first. Good thing too, I don't know if I'd have been able to speak with a gun pointed at me.

"You Celia?" He asks, real smuglike with this huge shit eating grin.

I nod my head of course, it's only polite.

"Good." He says and now his arm is wrapped around my neck and he's pulling me back, sayin' something about bargaining chips. At the time I thought he was talking about gambling me away for somethin', but now I'm pretty sure he was interested in blackmail or somethin'.

So now he's draggin me away from my home towards this big white van. But I, well, I didn't want to go with him.

Well, would you?

So, I get this huge rush of adrenaline, and start struggling. I've seen plenty of movies where a woman gets kidnapped, and struggling usually did little to help, but this isn't the movies, this was a kidnapping in real life in broad daylight. Sure the guy was twice my size and maybe 4 times my width, but when you're desperate, you think you can do anything.

Turns out, well, I can.

Struggle lasts all of two seconds, next thing I know he's on the ground, clutching his stomach. I vaguely remember elbowing him in the ribs in my escape attempt, but he's really having a hard time dealing with the pain it seems.

Course at the time I didn't know about these special abilities of mine. I'd long since given up on tryin' to make things small, and my dad hadn't ever tried to hit me again. I figured it was just a dumb thing that I did as a kid and it probably didn't mean anything.

I'm still thinkin' this is just a bizarre situation, you know? I mean a young girl like me just tossed aside a huge guy like it was nothin', so I'm just thinkin' he was some kind of poser. Maybe wearing an inflatable suit or something to try and intimidate people.

Don't ask me, I know it's stupid now, but shut the fuck up I was on an adrenaline high, ok?

Now, he's on the floor and I get really mad cause he just tried to kidnap me, and I get ready to finally do something I had been forbidden to do all my life.

I'm gonna kick his fuckin' ass in.

My dad had always told me to never get into fights or anything like that, I assume because he knows things about me that even I don't know.

But he's not here right now, and I'm about to make this guy sorry he ever tried anything.

So I walk toward him, and suddenly I hear screeching tires.

I'm afraid again, things were going my way and now they might not be.

Look around real quick and I see it's my dad driving up.

He starts yelling something about not hurting the guy, and I get really pissed. I was really happy just a second ago cause I'd finally get to show that I can be independent and take care of myself, when he shows up to ruin it.

Fuck that.

So, I look back at the guy who tried to kidnap me, and finally see it happen for the first time. Before my eyes he's shrinking, really fast too.

It didn't last very long.

He got to maybe only a couple inches in length and I get ready to just stomp his ass into the grass. My only regret is that my boots are still inside, so it probably wouldn't be as painful for him with just my bare foot.

So I pick my foot up and set it on top of him, cause, well, I can be defiant at times.

I'll admit it. So sue me.

So this guys suddenly moving around beneath my foot, and well, it kinda tickles.

But I'm still mad, so I have to force back laughs. I look at my dad with the best, "Don't fuck with me" face I can manage while the little guy is pounding on my bare foot for his life.

I mean now that I think about it it must have really sucked for him. To be a huge guy, probably capable of punching down a door with minimal effort, and to get tossed aside by a small Italian girl with a black ponytail, and then crammed under her probably smelly foot.

Well, as much as it probably sucked for him, it was really cool for me, and that's what matters isn't it?

So I was loving it. Dad was just staring at me wide eyed, like he was genuinely scared.

And then, I did it.

My first murder.

I'd like to say it's a momentous occasion like losing your virginity, or your first time getting drunk, but it was really no big deal. I twisted him out like he was a cigarette butt and he crunched a lot.

Then I stomped back inside and slammed the door to my room shut. I was waiting to hear screaming about how I got the carpet dirty with blood, but it never came.

Dad was too fuckin' scared of me.

As he should be.

Course now I bet you're wonderin' why if I have these strange abilities, I'm still putting up with him.

Problem is, I've tried to shrink Dad before. I think it'd feel pretty nice getting revenge on him for all the shit he's made me put up with, but I can't.

Not none of this, "Oh I realized I actually love him!" bullshit, fuck him and his stupid business.

But I really can't shrink him. I've since figured out it's tied to extreme anger, and mad thoughts are all it takes for me to be able to shrink things, but it's never worked on my dad. And believe me, I've tried.

Of course, he doesn't know this. As far as he knows I'm just being a good daughter and not shrinking him out of respect. I don't mind, cause at least this way I hold all the cards in the relationship.

He needs me. I don't fuckin' need him, but his money makes it so I don't have to work, possibly ever. It's nice.

Course, him thinking I'm being loyal is still a pain in the asshole.

Like right now, I'm just tryin' to let you take me out on a date, but I get a call. All my potential boyfriends, you included in that statement, are too god damn nosy and don't just let me leave with a, "I gotta go."

So I end up telling you my life story, and probably boring the shit out of you in the process.

So now I have to leave the date to go whack some upstart mother fucker and let dad keep thinking he's safe with me.

But that means I'll have to get rid of you now. Shoulda just let me leave when I said I gotta go!

Oh well, I've always wanted to try using one of you small guys as an insole, cause telling the story really made me relive how funny that first guy felt.

...

There we go, shrinkings done. You don't look too pleased, but when you don't give me what I want, I don't give a fuck how you feel about the situation.
Chapter End Notes:
Constructive criticism and the linke are looked forward too