- Text Size +
I had been chasing false less after false lead. But I found soneone who I was sure could help me find Josiah.

Josiah's mother let me into her house so we could talk.

"Ms. Garris," I began, "Do have any idea where Josiah might be right now?"

Ms. Garris moved uncomfortably in her seat. 

"If you promise not to hurt him..."

"I cannot promise that, I will however kill him if I find him. I want justice for the lives he's taken, for Shantel."

Ms. Garris was stubborn and I had to take caution, one slip and my lead could bite the dust.

"Back when Josiah was younger we lived in Birmingham, England. We lived in an old house in the woods. When we left it nobody would buy it. It is on top of an old Jewish burial pit."

"Thank you," I told her.

I got the address to the house then left. She started crying.

I got the first available flight to london. Once there I took a cab to Birmingham. It was raining. I walked the final mile to the house. My navy blue tee shirt was soaked completely by the time I arrived at my destination. Up on top of the hill, surrounded by trees was the most horrifying house I'd ever seen. The grass grew three feet high all the way to the top. 

A cool wind swept by and I shivered. 

Time to move, I thought. I called the police, they told me to stay put. Yeah right. I moved through the grass, keeping myself unseen.

I got to the door and put my ear against it, soft cries and groans of agony met my ears. 

Did he have people in there?

I crept in and closed the door. I took one careful step after another. I thought it was going well before I heard movement behind me. I turned to see nothing, turning foward I was face to face with Josiah, knife in hand. He grabbed my neck and held the knife to it. 

I jabbed him in the gut with my elbow. Then I flipped around, took his knife, and pinned him down. I pressed the blade to his throat, he spat on me.

"I should kill you!" I shouted into his face.

I felt rage and old anger course through my veins.

"Why!" I yelled, "Why!" 

I pressed the knife deeper against his gullet.

"Tell me now!"

I wanted so badly to kill him, so badly to cause him pain, but he could never experience the pain I felt. No matter what.

"You sent my Carly to prison, you did that!" Josiah looked almost as raged as I.

I swung a blow to Josiah's face. Hard enough to only knock him out. I wanted to kill him, wanted forhim to die. But I couldn't stoop down to his level. The police would arrive any minute.

I moved on to invesigate the pathetic sounds I'd heard earlier. They're were several doors lining the hallway. I opened one, inside was a girl, about my age. Obviously sexualy abused. Each door had another near identical figure inside. 

Somehow, an impossible hope filled me as I came to the last door. I could hear the police coming through the door. 

I turned the handle and pushed inward. I stepped in on another girl. She sat, knees to her ravaged face, in the corner. The girl was beaten, torn, molested, and deprived of food and drink, but I saw her through it all. 

Shantel was there, barely alive after all she had been through this past year. I sat next to her. My arm touched her cold, bony one.

She flinched at my touch, but I soothed her.

"It's me Shantel, it's me."

Shantel allowed herself to fall into me. I placed one hand on her back, the other around her legs, and I stood.

I stood still for only a moment, before finally I was ready to bring Shantel home. I kissed her forehead for several seconds.

"Let's get you to the hospital," I said.



-------

I will of course add more, this is to appease the readers while I rewrite the continuation. Enjoy!