- Text Size +

Hello my name is Aaron Travoski, and this is my story.

I was, at one point at least, a normal college kid. I was a junior with decent grades. I had a girlfriend named Jenny, nothing serious. We had gone out for about two months, and she was all right. She is the starting point for my story.  

Jenny was 22 and also a junior. She was really cute with long black hair and green eyes. She was about 5’6”. You know not tall but not short either. She had a good body as well. There was good reason for having a crush on her. She was also a rather nice person, most of the time. She knew how to be forceful when it was needed, which I liked about her. I like a girl with a little bit of a backbone. Her one major flaw though was that she would hold grudges for a really long time, but many girls are like that.

It was Saturday evening at around 8pm. She and I had just finished a dinner together and were now back at her place. She works at a late-night bar on Saturday nights, so we did something together at dinnertime instead of Saturday night. She would have to leave for work in about a half hour.

I had taken her to an especially good restaurant tonight. See I wanted to break up with her. I had planned on doing it during dinner but couldn’t gather up the courage. She was too pleased with the expensive meal and kept on thanking me during dinner, so I couldn’t break the news. There was nothing wrong with her, or so I thought at the time, it was just that I figured she wasn’t right for me. You see, I wasn’t ready for a serious relationship. I was young, and I wanted to meet more women first to determine what kind of girl was right for me. I needed to swim in the ocean a little longer before I dropped my anchor so to speak. She and I were at the point in which we either needed to go to the next stage in our relationship or go our separate ways, and I chose the ladder. Nothing personal.

So anyways, we are in her room. We both know she had to leave in a little while, so we don’t have a lot of time to talk. She clearly wants to hang out with me but knows we don’t have much time. She doesn’t want to kick me out of her room, but in a little while she would have to, making an awkward conversation. I had a short window to break the news to her. I sat down on a chair near the door, a perfect place to make an easy exit after I broke up with her, and she sat on her bed.

“So… that was a nice dinner. Thanks for taking me,” she is trying to start a conversation. This was about the fifth time she thanked me for dinner, and each time it made it harder for me to break up with her.

“Yeah, I know. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Hey ahh, there’s something I want to talk with you about,” I began.

“What’s that?”

“Well, I wanted to ahh talk about umm… us,” I somehow finally manage to spit out. Okay good, I think to myself. Now that I got it started, the hardest part is over.

“What about us?”

“I ahh don’t think it’s working out between us.”

“What are you saying?! Are you breaking up with me?!”

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but…”

“Don’t take this the wrong way! What do you mean don’t take this the wrong way?! Answer my question: are you breaking up with me?!”

“In a manner of speaking…”

“In a manner of speaking my ass. You’re dumping me!”

This is not going to according plan.

“Please just hear me out,” I attempt to reassure, but it doesn’t work.

“I bust my butt for you. Just last week I went to that stupid James Bond movie instead of a chick flick to make you happy. I’m often late for work on Saturdays because I know you enjoy seeing me before you go out partying. And this is the thanks I get.”

“Listen. It’s just that…”

“No, YOU listen to me! I have done too much for you to deserve this.”

Before I could respond, she walks over to her closet and grabs something out of it.  She pulls out what looked like a toy gun.

“Whoa. Let’s have a conversation here and not do anything too rash.”

By now I’m freaked out and am really trying to settle the situation. I get up and slowly walk towards the door just in case I need to exit quickly.

“We can talk about this,” I state calmly.

“Yes. Let’s talk about it. You’re not dumping me.”

“Yes I am, especially after this display right here. I don’t want to date a woman who has pulled a gun on me.”

Right after I said that I realize that wasn’t the best thing to say to someone who looks like they are about to kill you.

“I said you’re not dumping me. Don’t make me use this.”

With that I bolt for the door, but she shoots before I could make it. I should have known that I wouldn’t have time to get away. A laser beam fires out of the gone and hits me square in the chest. Before I knew it I become extremely dizzy. For a second all I can see was light all around me, and then I see the room, but it isn’t like how I saw it before. It was much bigger. I’m confused. Why was everything much bigger? The dresser, which was up to my chest before, is now like a skyscraper. Then I realize why, I’ve shrunken to about two inches.

As I looked at my surroundings, I saw Jenny. She is so HUGE and is walking towards me. I can feel the ground shatter after every step. I rush for the door. Then I see a huge pink thing fall right in front of me. I realize it’s her foot. She had caught up with me given that her size made her steps a hundred times as big as mine. I don’t slow down quick enough and run smack into her foot making me fall backwards onto the floor. After a second I look up to see a gigantic Jenny towering down at me.

“You’re not leaving me any time soon.”