- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kevin's work of science is a success. He steals his son's car to spend the night with his escort.
A week has passed. Kevin Donovan has finished his masterpiece. It is just like the movies. He stole a car, a Jetta, from some guy who is shitty at parking (well better for the other drivers..) and zapped it with his invention. He set it on 1/20 and the car grew smaller and smaller before his eyes. He picked up the car.. it fit comfortably in his hand . He felt the temptation to drop the car and let it smash and tell the guy, “I thought it was a toy.”. However, Kevin wasn’t quite ready to let any of these idiots have any knowledge of his invention. He laughs to himself, the one thing he would want to do with the invention is to enlarge all of his beer cans and create a pool. Swimming in beer and drinking it all.. it would be a great idea.. but the idea of drinking stuff which his body touched was kind of gross. Definitely just a pool, he would drink beer from a giant straw. His love for alcohol would become extreme! He wouldn’t have built this without it... Kevin decided to bring the car back to normal size and put it back in its parking space.

I was leaving my “British Poets” class with Andrew & Chester. We head towards the parking lot. Chester says, “Woah, Andy actually parked his car straight this time, way to go!” Andrew said, “Hmm.. I guess I did! I forgot what I did though.” I said, “Sorry Chester, it’s going to take some time.” We see this girl walk by, she has blond and curly hair. Besides that, there isn’t anything else distinct about her.
The girl said, “Hi.. do any of you have Dr. Donovan as a teacher?” I said, “No, and yea for that!”
It would suck if my dad was my Physics teacher.. knowing him, he isn’t very strict but spends his time openly making fun of all his pupils and making them feel like the little shits they are.. something my dad and I always had in common, except he is a better trained bastard.
The girl said, “Do you know anyone who does?”
I said, “Um.. my dumbass ex Holly does, I think. Why don’t you bother her in Ellison Dorm. It’s right behind you. She’s in room #331.”
She then said, “I thought you would know.. in fact, I thought you were him for a second.”
I said, “Um.. thanks, I guess.. I don’t know how to take that. But Dr. Donovan is my dad.”
She said, “Oh.. I think I’ll go then.”

Andrew then said, “No wait! I think I know where he is! I don’t have him as a teacher.. but I can take you to the Perlman Physics Department!”
She replied, “That’s alright.. I know where it is. I work there sometimes.”
Andrew responded, “Oh.. that’s alright then.. what’s your name?”
She said, “Amy, Amy Chipper. I’m here at Perlman for a research program.. but am getting my PHD from Ohio State.”
Andrew said, “I’m Andrew Ferni. I’m a freshman at Perlman and a Perlman scholar.”
Amy replied, “Oh, that’s cool. I was a Perlman scholar too but Cornell was too hard to pass up.”
Andrew said, “I see.. I made the opposite decision actually myself.”


Chester hollered, “Enough of the Perlman Scholar crap.. I want to watch “24”!”
Andrew said, “Jack Bauer may have little time to save the world but I have plenty of time to have a conversation.”

Amy said, “Oh.. I better be going. I must see Dr. Donovan as soon as possible. Nice meeting you though.”
Andy said, “One more thing.. can we swap cell phone numbers.. in case.. um you know!”
Amy giggled, “All right. If that’s what you wish..” They swapped numbers.
Amy ran off.

Chester said, “Woot, big blow to the Perlman Scholarship, haha! Who wants a education in cold New York when you can have it at cold Michigan??”
Andrew responded, “Everyone is entitled to his or her decision..”
I said, “So did you ask her out at all during this big conversation?”
Andrew said, “Stop being an ass, of course I didn’t.”
I said, “Yea.. her hair kind of creeps me out to tell you the truth.”

Andrew said, “I personally think it’s a nice style.. maybe some of it isn’t natural.. but it looks good on her.”
Chester said, “Nobody is as hot as Holly!! Haha!!”
I said, “Debatable..”
Chester said, “Well, you pick on Andy. I pick on you... I either need that big touchy-feely jock or Andy to pick one me now.”
Andy said, “Well you smoke so much pot a day that only a quarter of the smoke would fill up the big science building.”
Chester said, “Kinda funny.. but you gotta remember, I have the attention span of a mayfly.”
I looked at my watch and then realized I only had an hour or two to get ready for my date with Amber.
Chester then said, “Oh by the way, guess what I did again!”
I said, “No.. remember public urination is not a turn on!”
Chester laughed and said, “No no, but good guess!”

Andrew said, “Where do I start guessing?”
Chester said, “I didn’t do this when I was high..”
I suddenly knew, this has been Chester’s obsession for the past two years.

Chester was an alright student from Georgia who went to Exeter for boarding school. He put all of his money on the fact that he mastered the guitar, piano, violin, and clarinet. He applied to his favorite school early which put him on the waiting list till like a day before he went to Perlman.. the first year around, he tried to transfer.. no luck.

I said, “You sent in another transfer app to Brown..”
Chester said, “Yea, you got it! My grades may have not improved any.. but I got more music to send them! This will be the year I’ll get out of this hellhole.”
I said, “Just to warn you, man.. I went Ivy shopping with my family back in the day and not as many people do drugs there as you think.”
Chester said, “I realize that.. that’s why I didn’t write this essay high! The school’s gotta want a 1500 musical slacker.. that’s what I hear it’s all about.”
Andrew said, “Well, good luck though. You’ll be kinda disappointed once you get there.. that was the first school off my list.”
I said, “See.. this kid knows what he’s talking about.. choosing Perlman over Brown!”
Chester said, “Yea dudes.. are you all wanting to get the fuck out of here too?”
I said, “I wish.. I’ve been doing worse at Perlman though than I ever did at high school.. I’m going to be selling drugs on the street.”
Andrew then said, “That’s probably going to be true..”
I said, “I’m experienced in that area.. I created a monopoly in Fisher County. It’s a small price for fixing some family troubles we’ve been having at the time. I didn’t even have fixed prices for the drugs.. the dumber and richer the person, the more money that guy had to spend. It worked really well.”
Chester said, “Somebody is a Grade A bastard..”
I said, “I learned from the best... but it’s probably more so that most people are so easy to con. All you have to do is play to their “I’m the best” sensibilities.. you have a lot of them out there in Fisher.”
Andrew said, “I know the kind of people you’re talking about.. try New Jersey! A state which was tricked by the tactics of Perlman.”
Chester said, “Don’t believe US News! Brown is better than Harvard!!”

We all continued to walk back to the dorm.
We saw a huge crowd of people cheering and then ran over to it. They were cheering, “ROJ ROJ ROJ ROJ ROJ!!” Roger did something pretty good.

Roger saw us and ran over. He said, “The Perlman football team has beaten the one in Emory, for the first time ever!!” We all gave him high-fives. Roger said, “I think we are ready to play Michigan..”

Andrew said, “If you wanna see people cry, then yea!”
Roger said, “We Pillburgs will show our innate strength! I’m actually liking football here! In all seriousness, since we beat Emory pretty badly, the Michigan football coach called our school and he said that I may be able to get out of here next year.”
I said, “Wow! Congrats dude, that’s great! You always have been pretty sick at that sport.”
Roger said, “And of course, I’m going to take the offer if I get it that is... three years in Michigan baby! Everybody on the football team hates me though..”
Chester said, “They put the dumb loser in dumb loser jock.. don’t worry about it!”
Roger then said, “Yea, that’s true. Also Rick, I’m sorry to have to report this to you.. but Mitch’s got your old girl now.”
I said, “I don’t care.. she must think Mitch is funny..”
Andrew laughed, “I take back my other comment a week ago.. Mitch is the Biggest Cunt of Perlman! Mitch is going to be pushed around so much.”
I said, “But he’s so funny!”
Chester cried, “Too funny! Too funny! Holly is a hotty though!! Of course he will be so funny..”
That was a phrase Holly once used a lot to describe me.. “so funny”, I could make her laugh throughout the whole date with my crazy ideas. Mitch is as boring as fuck but he’s also obnoxious so he will probably be considered “so funny”.

Amber was going to be over here any minute. I was actually going to try to look decent. We both viewed each other as attractive, but still that is more so the reason to why I should put in the effort. We were both extremely experienced. I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door, I was actually kind of nervous. This date couldn’t possibly beat the one at Carter’s last week. But it was Chester smoking a joint..

Chester said, “My man is goin’ out with a hottie with fake breasts!! I’m getting high with my imaginary girlfriend, Suzie, tonight!”

“Hey Chester, you really are making me envy your plans for the night!”. Amber has arrived.
Chester said, “I know.. everything’s more fun when you’re a little high.”
I said, “You know, Amber.. we can get pretty high with our goals tonight!”
Amber giggled and said, “I would never forget that, Ricky. Never!”
Amber was ready to kiss me, so we did, right there! We huddled in together and it was great. She gave my tongue enough room to caress her and she was very gentle and erotic with me. To put it bluntly, Amber is a great kisser.


Amber and I decided to go fancy tonight, we decided to eat at Stella’s. It is an Italian restaurant which is famous for its unique pasta dishes. We walk over to the parking lot.
Amber asked, “I’m guessing you have a car.” I said, “Yea, I live like a half hour from Perlman.. I got a car.” Amber was a Long Island girl. I’m not exactly sure what attracted her to here..
I play around with my keys and look for my car... this can’t be good. I definitely parked it in this lot yesterday.
Amber asked, “What’s wrong, honey?”
I replied, “I can’t find my fucking car.. I don’t know where I could have put it.” My cell phone started to ring.. I look at it and saw that my dad left a message.

“Son, I took your car for the night.. I sincerely hope you didn’t have any good plans for the night, otherwise you’re a sucker.”

No way.. he could have known.. unless damn that Holly! Blabbing her big mouth in Physics class! My dad likes to be an asshole.. no other reason why he needed my fucking car. He has one of his own! Well.. fuck that! I would have stole his.. but he probably didn’t bring his car to campus that day just to screw me over.

I said, “Damn it. My dad took the car for the night without asking me!”
Amber said, “It must suck that your dad is like that..
I then went on this rant about my dad.. half the time, thinking that this doesn’t turn Amber off. “All my dad does is sit at home, work on his crackpot theories which don’t even make sense, and mastrubate to porn. He’s a goddamn sociopath.”
Amber smiled and said, “Don’t worry, you are nothing like your father. Let’s see what else we can do!”
I said, “I have an idea..”. I text Chester with, “Dad stole my car, time to clean up his office..”
I then say, “Chest will take care of all of this for sure..”
Amber said, “Would he want to do something like that?”
I said, “Yea.. Chester isn’t an asshole, but he is a crazy fucker.”

Amber then said, “Let’s just have some drinks at the bar!” I said, “Alright, whatever floats your boob- I mean boat, haha!” Amber lightly slapped me and laughed. This is great! Not only is Amber beautiful, she is also witty and tolerant.. three things I’ve learned I need in a chick.

Kevin was driving his latest girlfriend Cecilia to Stella’s. Kevin said, “My dear, after my successes, we shall celebrate!” Cecilia said, “I always liked Italian food.” When they got to Stella’s, they talked to the receptionist who asked if they had a reservation. Kevin said, “Yes, ma’am! In fact we do, Donovan- 2 people!” The receptionist said, “Right this way, sir and ma’am! I hope you have a wonderful night.”
Cecilia and Kevin get settled. Cecilia said, “I know that I’m dating a genius, so I hope I get all of this stuff right.” Kevin laughed and said, “Don’t worry about it! You are a great girl and a fine actress! I like you better than Paris Hilton anyway, you got a lot more sense.” Cecilia said, “But Paris Hilton is far from ‘genius’.” Kevin said, “Ho ho! Very true! I just hope my boy doesn’t mind that I took his car.. I never got a response from him, but what else was I to do! This is the perfect dinner for us!” Cecilia said, “Maybe I’ll be his mommy soon..” Kevin said, “Haha! The only weird thing is that you would be only four years older than my eldest son, Max.” Cecilia said, “I don’t mind... all these young people have no idea what they are doing for their lives, I need to settle down with a real man.” Kevin said, “But oh! Tonight is your true test.. the desert! I know you will like mine.. but will I like yours?” Cecilia giggled, “I’ll do my best, Kev!”