- Text Size +

Chapter Eight

By

Invisible Ink

 

                I watched my daughter’s enormous fingers curl around Greg’s body. I felt a twinge of pain and fear for him. He was bruised and beaten and I was worried if he could hold up against Katherine’s playful nature. Greg wasn’t the most fit of men, but he had a big heart. That’s why I fell in love with him. He always tried to see the best in people and believed in them when he probably really shoudn’t have. I feared that he could fall into Katherine’s trap if left unchecked.

                The enormous face of my daughter’s friend Chelsea hovered over me. I gulped, as I looked up at her short dark pixie cut hair, her voice rained down on me, my eyes couldn’t help but focus on her lip piercing. The way her lips would curl slightly as she spoke. Images of those lips engulfing me whole were running rampant through my mind as I started to come face to face with my own vulnerability.

                A twinge of fear fluttered throughout my body as it shook slightly as Chelsea struck me from behind. The speed at which she hit me was unreal. I barely saw her arm extend before it appeared behind me. It was as if it was something out of the Matrix. I had no time to react as I saw her pointer finger curl behind her thumb and strike me in the back.  I went soaring through the air by a mere flick of Chelsea’s fingers. 

                “No, god no” I screamed as I watched her foot grow larger and larger. As I neared her foot Chelsea begun to roll her sock up her foot. The dingy white sock was damp and was sticking to her foot. As she rolled up the damp cotton would cling to her foot up until the very last second before finally giving way. My body smacked against Chelsea’s foot as if it was a brick wall. My body clung to her foot, It was as if my back was impaled against her foot.

                “Chelsea, Katherine, stop this right now. Get me off of here.  I know you can hear me! You two are going to be in so much trouble when I get free.” I screamed from Chelsea’s foot. I was so furious yet humiliated at the same time. I wanted desperately to ring the necks of both girls but I could barely move. The sweat on Chelsea’s foot is acting like a form of glue almost.

                “Keep on begging bitch.” Chelsea said with a laugh. This only made me struggle more. I managed to free my arms just as Chelsea started to roll her sock down her foot. I screamed bloody murder as the damp cotton sock pressed against my face. I was livid at this point; Katherine was just sitting there letting this happen. I began to hyperventilate as I took short quick breaths in an attempt to avoid breathing the sweaty air.

                Chelsea continued to roll the sock back down her foot until its completely on her foot. The muscles in her foot contort as she wiggled her toes which caused the sock to rub against my face and hair. The constant wiggling of her toes caused damp balls of sock fuzz to become wedged into my hair and mouth. My once dry hair turned damp with Chelsea’s sweat while the rest of my body felt dirty all over.  I pounded against her sock but the only response I got was a toe smacking the top of my head.

 I couldn’t believe that my life had come to this. I never imagined my life would befall a tragedy such as this. My own daughter allowing one of her friends to berate me and humiliate me, it was absolutely unreal. I thought the torment Chelsea was putting me through was hell; however I soon learned that being ignored could be just as painful.

I listened on as there conversation shifts away from me and towards more common topics. A frequent topic that kept popping up was a party. As they spoke the cool air of the house was rapidly chilling the damp sock that I was pressed against. I began to shiver as my teeth chattered a bit from the sweat that continued to cool to point where I would have given anything for a jacket or a warm sweater.

                “Ch, Ch, Ch, Chelsea” I managed to sputter out, but she merely squeezed me a bit with her toes, not even acknowledging my presence underneath her foot. I attempted to claw against the cotton sock hoping to find a small tear that I could exploit however the cotton fibers proved to be much too strong and thick for me to break in my current state. As this continued I grew more and more upset. I didn’t know whether to cry or to scream at the girls with unabated rage.

The better part of an hour passed before I felt Chelsea’s foot lurch off the coffee table. I let out a horrific scream as I watched the floor move closer and closer through the tiny holes in the sock.  My body smacked hard against the floor and then I felt the cold foot flesh of Chelsea envelope me as her foot molded around me as if I wasn’t even there.

I had never been a claustrophobic person however as the seconds turned to minutes I could feel that sense of fear and worry growing inside of me. I could see nothing but blackness no matter where I looked. The floor was pressed against my chest while Chelsea’s foot pressed against my back. I knew this was going to only get worse.

“Maybe if you show me a little respect, I will give you the consideration you never showed me Sam. I want you to truly feel sorry for what you put me through. You didn’t even try to understand my side of things before ratting me out. I deserved better and now you’re going to make it up to me one way or another.” Chelsea angrily snapped at me.

I desperately wanted this to be over. I couldn’t fathom the thought of spending another second underneath her foot like this, but kissing or licking her foot was not an option I was ready to explore either. If she thought for a single second I would willingly surrender my dignity to her she has another thing coming. I have more pride then that.

As time continued on Chelsea started to fidget with her foot, tapping her toes against the floor. The echoing sound was deafening to me beneath her foot. I wanted to cover my ears but I couldn’t move my arms enough to do so.  The one thing I welcomed from this audio assault was the fact that as she tapped and wiggled her toes against the floor it would force fresh air beneath her foot.  As it smelled like a boys locker room beneath her foot otherwise.

I suspected that under normal circumstances it might not smell as bed, but however due to my size and proximity to her foot it created a horrifying effect that I hope to never experience again. The tapping and wiggling grew louder and louder, or the longer she did it the more it got to me. I could barely stand it after about fifteen minutes.

The tapping and wiggling was enough to drive a person to the loony farm, and then she started flexing her foot a bit along with tapping. I had been pressed against her foot long enough that as she flexed her foot my body would bend along with her foot. This would cause my back to arch backwards a bit further then my body would care for. After about five minutes of this, to bring this unconscious hell that Chelsea was putting me through to a total of 20 minutes I was ready to give in. It made me sick, the fact that she wasn’t even aware she was putting me through absolute hell and yet she had me at wits end.

I yelled that I gave in, that she had won. However, the girls were no longer paying attention to me. They were watching television and chit chatting about things they had now deemed more important than me. I continually yelled for salvation which fell on deaf ears for quite some time. It wasn’t until I heard Katherine inquire about me and Chelsea made the comment that she had forgotten about me that any attention was paid to me at all.

I felt Chelsea’s foot rise up and bright, smiling face of my daughter came into view. I had never been so happy to see Katherine in all my years. I screamed for mercy, I begged her for my freedom. I desperately wanted out of here and I was willing to give her the world if meant getting out from underneath Chelsea’s foot.

The almost knowing smirk that fell across her face brought about a sense of remorse inside of me. It felt like I had somehow failed as a parent. You would always like to believe your child would never do something like this. They just aren’t capable of such a horrific act. However, after experiencing just a few hours of Katherine I began to rethink everything I knew my about my daughter. I wondered now just what else she was capable of. Would she truly harm us? Was murder a step to far for her? Or would she not even think twice about snuffing out her father or me?

“Of course mother, all you have to do is what Chelsea originally asked and this will be all over. You just have to kiss her foot, kiss it like you would dad. I want to see that sense of loving and desire in that kiss that I see when you kiss him.” Katherine happily stated as she leaned into get a good view.

I knew at that moment that I was defeated. It was better to cut my losses and live to fight another day. Most of all though, I knew I would break if Chelsea put her foot back on that floor, the thought of spending an hour, or even two underneath someone’s foot is just too much. I turned my head and whispered I’m sorry Greg, before pressing my lips against Chelsea’s repulsive foot.  As I did so, I felt a piece of me die.