- Text Size +

Chapter 13

By

Invisible Ink

 

                I couldn’t see anything. The bathroom door was shut tightly, and the room itself contains no windows leaving a slightly musty smell from the hot air which was left trapped in here after her last shower.  I yelled and yelled for quite some time as I held onto some vein belief that Katherine would come to her senses, that this was a mistake that perhaps even some family member or friend would come bursting through the door. It was all a false hope though, just like a young boy hoping superman will swoop into save him from the bully picking on him, or that Santa Claus really exists. I finally gave up deciding to save my voice for when it could be of some use.

                The toothpaste had now completely dried against my skin. I desperately wanted to scratch at my body as the toothpaste crusted on irritating my skin to no end however its bonds held me tightly to the slanted porcelain walls. Time ticked by painfully slow. I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t help but think about where Samantha was, what she was doing if she was okay. I tried desperately to hear something, anything that would give me a clue but I could hear nothing from the room on the other side of the door. I cursed at my insistence of solid oak doors in all the rooms and paying for the extra insulation. As all of that now played against me as it blocked out the sounds I desperately wanted to hear.

                When the bathroom door finally came open and bright lights from the afternoon sun clawed its way into the room I rejoiced doing somersaults in my head. As Katherine heavy footfalls echoed into the room I could only watch as she slowly came into my view.  My stomach clenched tighter and tighter as a smirk sprawled out across her face as she looked down at me with a superior gaze. 

                I tried to speak but only muffled unintelligible noises came out as I looked up at my daughter, her unkept hair spilled out over her shoulders as she rubbed some of the sleep from her eyes. My mind and body was repulsed her lack of modesty. I would have looked away if I could, but I found myself only able to look up at her with disappointment in my eyes. 

                “So Greg, what do you have to say for yourself?” Katherine coldly said down to me as her hands rested on either side of sink as she leaned over the sink causing my daughters chest to hang over me as if it were the sky. I felt my humanity trickle a bit more out of me as I hear my daughter speak my name. I was no longer dad or father to her. I was just Greg.  Just a day ago she would have never dreamed of addressing me in such a manner and now she says it as if it’s nothing at all.

                “You will speak to me when I address you, is that clear?” Katherine growls down at me with a hint of anger in her voice when I heard much softer footsteps coming this way. I screamed for all I was worth but only muffled cries managed to escape as my lips were still sealed tightly by the hardened crest toothpaste which still encrusted my body.

                “Hey Kath” A feminine voice called from the other room. The footfalls of the woman were much softer than Katherine’s as she entered the bathroom I saw a young woman who was much taller than my daughter. This girl was well toned, muscular and had the look of an athlete.  As she neared my daughter I could only watch in shock as Katherine turned her head and seconds later the two had locked lips.

                I stared up at the mammoth women, the locks of hair shrouding their faces as their lips press passionately against each other. The smacking of the lips rains down on me as droplets from a spring rain.  My muscles tighten as I press harder and harder against my dried bonds made of crest. Katherine’s name rings out in my head, however for all my rage, for all anger, I can do nothing but watch; My might undone by a mixture of paste and spit.

                “It looks as if you have your hands full here, so you don’t mind if your mother and I have a little girls day, do you?” Talia spoke as she pressed her lips back against my daughters, this time briefly before they broke. I watched her eyes trail downward for the first time. As her eyes landed on me I could feel my face redden as my embarrassment grew tenfold.

                “I’m so sorry. I wasn’t aware your father was here too. It’s a pleasure Mr. Hendricks, I’d shake your hand but you look in dispose. See you tonight Kath? My place?”

                “Sure! See ya” Katherine waves before turning her attention back towards me. I watch as she reaches beneath the sink and pulls out a bottle of Listerine the size of a small office building. In seemingly a second what looks to be gallons of the orange mouthwash disappears into her mouth. I watched horrified as Katherine swished the mouthwash from side to side in her mouth before puckering her lips.

                In an instant an avalanche of mouthwash splattered down on me. The strong alcoholic nature of the mouthwash burned as it ran over my eyes but it also ate away the crest with ease washing the hardened toothpaste off my body enough to the point where I could break free. I rolled away from what was my crest filled tomb, however the mouth wash rained down me for several seconds longer.

                My entire body was red and swollen while my eyes burned as I crawled towards the bottom of the sink. I just reached a large opening which took me a few minutes to realize I was looking down into the drain. A drain hole big enough for my body to disappear into without a trace, I gulp as I turn my head back towards Katherine who looks down at me.

                “It’s time you see things my way” She spits out with the glee of a school girl. The handle of the faucet is cranked wide open as I watch a torrent of water like I have never seen before approach me. I look back at the drain facing the grim reality of just how easily I could be swept down this drain.

                “Puh, puh-lease! Katherine, Honey” I spatter out as I look about for any way to avoid what certainly is going to be my death.

                “So we each have things we need. You need help avoiding being swept down my drain like a loose piece of food stuck between my teeth and I need a few logins, mainly the internet.”

                 I looked back at the drain and up and Katherine. The internet had been my trump card. I know she can’t exist without that thing. However, the idea of not existing at all is looking to be very real….