- Text Size +
The start of the next day was not like the start of any day I could remember. The fact that I slept as late as I desired was not the unusual part; more days than not had I been put away at night, to awaken alone, long after my mistress had departed.

But even though this was not an unusual occurrence, there was something different about it. Usually, my sleep was punctuated by the sounds of my owner getting dressed, getting ready to go to work or to school or watching television. But this sleep was blissful and uninterrupted. My owner, Diana, was not in the bed next to the table on which I slept; clearly, she must have woken some time before. I knew she must have crept from the room quietly indeed. Giants were noisy. They couldn’t help it. There was so much of them. It was impossible for them to move silently. And yet, somehow my mistress had managed. And though years and years of terror caused me to momentarily panic that Diana had abandoned me, somehow I knew that she had done so not out of malice, but out of kindness. She had let me sleep, had gone out of her way to make sure I could. She had shown care toward me.

I was nonplussed by it.

I rose from a bed of panties that she had arranged for me, folded into a small bed. She had even arranged a small thimble of water for me, when I admitted that I liked to drink and eat, even if I didn’t have to. Mala had seen to that. I had starved, I had thirsted, I had even wanted for air; none of it could kill me or even harm me. All disconcerted me now; all had terrified me in turn as I’d endured each the first time. But none frightened me as much as being without a mistress to keep me whole.

A sound of soft thuds announced Diana’s presence at the door to her bedroom, peeking in toward me. Seeing me standing, she smiled, and crossed the distance quickly.

She wore sweatpants and an old t-shirt, and as she dropped to a knee to get closer to me, her breasts swung impressively. She ran a hand through her unkempt hair, and my stomach lurched. I had seen many women made up far more than her at that moment -- and many made up a good deal less. But I’m not sure I had ever before felt what I felt then. Many months later, I would tell Diana about it. But not yet.

“I see we’re awake,” she said, smiling. “Did you sleep okay?”

“It was the best night of sleep I can remember, mistr...I mean, Diana.”

“Old habits die hard, huh? I took the day off. I didn’t want you to wake up on your first day here all by yourself.”

“But this is my fourth day with you,” I said, then flinched, awaiting her correction.

She was right. Old habits do die hard.

Her correction did come, but not in the way I feared. Instead, her smile faded for a minute, as a cloud passing over the sun. “I know. And I’m sorry. I wish I’d done this for you the first night. Wish I’d seen you for what you are the moment I opened the box from Annabelle. Can you ever forgive me for that? I promise, I’m going to make up for it, starting today.”

“It is my first day here if you say it is,” I said.

“No. No! No, it’s the fourth day. Damn it, will it mean anything if I tell you to disagree with me? Or will you disagree with me because you think you’re supposed to? You’ve been treated very badly, haven’t you?”

“Not by you,” I said, and somehow, somewhere in me, a long-buried pathway in my mind reawakened, if only for a moment, and the words came tumbling out. “You were kind even before last night. In the first few days, you were gentle with me. You didn’t force me into you. That’s what most women do, you know, they just spread their legs and shove me inside, or else hold me hard against their clits, making me struggle for freedom while they enjoy themselves. And I know it’s the price I pay, but it’s hard.

“But you...even before you talked to me last night, you took your time with me. You offered yourself, you didn’t force me to do anything. You set me there. You let me move at my own pace. You even tried to make me feel good. You touched me...my...uh....”

The words halted abruptly, as I felt myself blushing deeply, as if Diana cared whether I had enjoyed myself when she’d rubbed her pinky gently over my penis, back and forth, idly, until I burst forth.

But Diana didn’t seem put off by my diatribe. Instead, her smile had widened. “It did look like you were enjoying yourself. But come on. Don’t tell me nobody ever did that for you before?”

“Not in a long time. One girl...who hadn’t been with a boy...and was curious....” I shuddered, involuntarily. “But she wasn’t interested in making me happy. She just wanted to see what would happen. I...I know that it’s not important that I enjoyed it. But it was kind of you.

“I mean, you were already one of the kindest mistresses ever to own me, Diana. You don’t need to apologize for anything as far as I’m concerned. You...you don’t even have to do this for me.”

“What?”

“Treat me like one of you. Like a person.”

Diana sighed. “You are a person. You deserve to be treated like one. God. If me being not a total rapist and jacking you off once makes me one of the better women to meet you...you’ve met a lot of bad women.”

I sighed myself. “I don’t think most of the women I’ve met are bad. They just...you’re the first one to tell me I’m a person. I don’t even know if you’re right. But most women just treated me like other sex toys, like their dildos or vibrators. And they were doing me the favor. If not for them, I’d be tiny.”

“Which reminds me,” Diana said. “You have to be on my person for an hour today, or you shrink, right? How do you want to do that? I’m not making you dive into my pussy anymore. But I’ll definitely hold you for an hour each day to keep you whole. That’s the least I can do.”

I was shocked by the sudden turn of the conversation, so much so that I couldn’t even respond for a moment.

“I mean, you don’t have to decide right this instant,” Diana said. “Frankly, I’m not even sure where exactly is best. But you know, whatever works for you. Just let me know.”

“Do...did I displease you last night?” I asked.

“What?”

“Did I do a poor job stimulating you?”

“No! Not at all. You were quite...stimulating. But I don’t want to rape you every night. You weren’t happy doing it. And if you don’t want to be my sex toy, that’s fine. I don’t mind. You don’t owe me your body.”

“And you don’t owe me yours,” I countered, in a voice that was not quite my own, but which seemed to come from a long-lost part of me.

“You’re right,” Diana said. “But I’m happy to give an hour a day to you to keep you healthy and full-sized. I’m giving it by choice. But if you don’t want to be around me, if you don’t want that, then you can leave. I don’t want you to go,” she said, seeing my face, ”but you always can go. You’re free.”

My stomach lurched again, the same as it had when she’d first descended to my eye level.

“Diana,” I said, “I...I don’t know as I’ve ever chosen to be what I am. But...you are very kind. You’re pretty. You even keep your, uh...well, you are pleasant to be around,. And you are giving me more than I’ve ever been given. If...if you still want to use me...I would be happy to...continue to do other things than just sit in your pocket.”

Diana smiled as brightly as I had seen her to that point. “Little man, if I hadn’t been shoving you in my vaginal canal over the past few days, I’d think you were trying to talk your way into my panties.”

I struggled for words; I didn’t know how to explain what I wanted. I didn’t know what I wanted myself. What I said next surprised me and her alike.

“I’m happy,” I said, “just to be with you. To talk to you. If you didn’t touch me again, if you just...just talked to me as I shrunk to nothing...I would stay with you. If you wish to hold me and talk to me to keep me whole, I would be grateful and happy. If you wish to use me to pleasure yourself, I would be honored...and I would....”

I trailed off, as I choked off the last part of what the long-buried part of myself was trying to say. For good or ill, Diana forced the issue.

“You’d what?”

“I’d enjoy it, too.” I said, quietly. “It’s never been a question of my enjoying it, but...if I’m given the choice, I think I would.”

Diana leaned closer to me. For a second, I thought I’d said something horribly wrong, but she moved in until she was right on top of me, and she kissed me.

I fell backward with the force of her lips, and landed on my butt; she backed off quickly, her face lined with concern, but I was already laughing as I tried to right myself. “That was some kiss,” I said, chuckling.

She sighed in relief. “I guess I don’t know my own strength,” she said.

* * *

The day was heavenly. There were many such days like it to come -- not every day, of course, though it seemed every day to come had a part of that day within it. But it was the first day in my memory I could remember that I spent with someone. Not adjacent to someone or in service to someone, but with them.

Diana had showered soon after our conversation, and then gave me a bath in her bathroom sink while she combed her hair. The issue of my shrinking was soon resolved for the day; I spent the rest of the morning perched on her shoulder, holding on to the spaghetti strap of her top, while we talked about her life and about making arrangements for my life with her. She told me about her family, about her ex-fiance, Jeff, about her job in the front office of a local toaster manufacturer. She decided that we’d go shopping that evening and buy me a doll bed, and maybe some doll clothes, so that I didn’t have to be naked if I didn’t want to. She even fixed us both breakfast -- well, she fixed herself pancakes and made one enormous one for me. We lounged on the couch and watched television, with me lying on her stomach; she showed me her computer (she sent a letter on it to her friend Annabelle, thanking her for me; she had to rewrite it several times to eliminate phrases like “How could you not see he was a person?” and “What kind of monster are you? Am I? Are all of us?”).

And in the early afternoon, to make sure I wouldn’t shrink, we made love.

I’d never used that term to describe sex, not in this life. I’d heard it. But love had little to do with what I did, and what was expected of me. But this time...Diana had licked me first, had carefully manipulated me so that I had come before she even let me explore her. And I found myself exploring far more completely than I ever had.

I had seen many women up close -- young, old, fat, skinny -- and I had become hardened to what I was seeing. But on that day, it was as if I’d stumbled into a different land. Every inch of skin was amazing, the soft hairs on her stomach swayed gently with each breath. Her coarser hairs surrounding her vagina were not just rough handholds, but still-soft branches that bore her unmistakable scent. I lavished attention on her clit, while she simply lay back, letting me do the work, not forcing me, not directing me. Indeed, for the first time I could remember, I worked on her until she spasmed, and rather than hoping that she was done with me, I took the opportunity to slide inside her slickened sex, a place I usually tried to avoid. And though it was hot and dank and claustrophobia-inducing, I took advantage of the fact that I did not need to breathe, and I explored her as thoroughly as I could. Indeed, bizarre thoughts escaped me, as I wondered if I could take advantage of this, if we could not touch for a few days, if I could explore her more if I was smaller. And though I doubted I would propose it, I knew that Diana would consider it if I suggested it, if I explained why.

Because more of her wouldn’t be a bad thing.

* * *

After some time, laying on the bed, Diana turned to me and sighed. “That was incredible. Those other women didn’t know what they were missing. Did you enjoy it?”

“It was wonderful,” I said. “I...thank you.”

“So tell me,” she said, languidly, “how many other women have there been? Don’t worry. I won’t be jealous. The more there’ve been, the more lucky I am that you ended up here with me.”

“I don’t know,” I said. “Dozens. Maybe hundreds. I don’t remember all of them. A few...well, I’m not proud of it, but when I was at my smallest, a few times I hid in the panties of a woman for a few days. I tried not to bother her, but it was so hard to contact women at that size. Usually I just tried to grow large enough to present myself to them without being squashed like a bug. But more than a few times, I got lost.

“I suppose I gave them no choice. Maybe I deserve....”

“No, you don’t,” Diana cut me off. “Did you try to make them come? Try to get them to orgasm?”

“No,” I said. “It happened accidentally a couple of times...but it wasn’t on purpose.”

“Well then. I’ll forgive you for that; given the way you’ve been treated, I think you’ve had the worse of the bargain. So I’m guessing those are the shortest times you were with a woman. What’s the longest?”

“The longest...was with Julia. It was years. It was...it was horrible. She did things....”

“What did she do to you?”

I shuddered. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“You don’t have to,” said Diana. “So what’s the oldest woman you’ve been with?”

“I think Elizabeth said she was sixty.”

“Was she horrible?”

“Eh? No. Pretty decent. Better than most. Her daughter Kara gave me to her, then Elizabeth kept me for a while, and eventually gave me to her daughter Jennifer. That was a few years ago; it was along the chain of women that eventually brought me to you. Maybe twenty women ago.”

“Is that how you met most women? As a gift?”

“Mostly. Most women use me until they get tired of me, and pass me on. A few times I’ve been lost, usually left in hotels. A few times I actually escaped. But that left me alone, and put me at risk of shrinking. I escaped from Julia.”

I didn’t want to talk about Julia, but the escape wasn’t that bad. And so I told Diana of it.

* * *

I waited and waited for my chance, and one night, she forgot to lock my cage. She was tired. I snuck out of her room, and I hid behind her refrigerator for five days, letting myself get smaller and smaller. I had to get small enough so that she wouldn’t see me. Finally, when I was a little less than a centimeter tall, I snuck to her front door during the night. When she opened it, she let me out -- didn’t even see me. My heart was beating so fast that if I hadn’t been taught by Julia that nothing could kill me, I would have thought it would burst.

I threw myself off the steps at the front of her house; the fall hurt like sin but I knew the pain would soon subside. When I felt whole again I got up, and headed through the forest of grass in the front of her house.

It took me a week to get through it. I saw her pass a dozen times, each time looming larger than the last. I was lucky that it was fall; the bugs had died off. When you’re a millimeter tall, ants are really frightening. But for once, I didn’t care how small I got. I couldn’t go back with Julia. And no, I don’t want to talk about it now. I’ll tell you someday. But...not today.

Anyhow, by the time I reached the sidewalk, I was despairing that it could be months at this size. I had the misfortune of getting this tiny before, and it was always difficult to get near enough to a woman to hitch a ride with them. I mean, think about how tiny I am now. I’m more than a hundred times bigger than I was when I got out of the lawn.

Now, people would pass by, and I was willing to hitch a ride with any of them. Hitch a ride home with a little boy or girl and you might have a shot at getting their mom to help grow you; hitch a ride with a guy and if he doesn’t have a girlfriend or any girl friends he probably at least works somewhere with women.

But it’s not easy hitching a ride with someone when they’re the size of a mountain. If the guy out for a walk ties his shoe halfway down the block, if the friends out for a jog decide to sit down even a few feet away, if two kids are playing in the yard in the house next door, it’s still impossible to reach them. You need someone to stop dead right by you.Or you need to get lucky.

I got lucky. I thought I had gotten lucky when the overweight jogger stopped and put his hands on his knees on the sidewalk square next to my hideout in the grass; I ran as fast as I could toward him. But he didn’t stay put for long, and he took off again at full speed, with his foot landing next to me, blasting me into the air.

When you’re a millimeter tall, you’re pretty light, and I didn’t fall back to earth right away; I floated about knee high for a minute. That would have been the end of it -- I would have landed, swore at myself, and tried again. But when I started to drift lower, from behind me two college students out for a jog blasted by me, and the eddies the left in their wake blew me out unpredictably.

I danced sideways and upward, now high enough in the air that the prevailing wind could get me. This had the effect of pushing me out into the street, just as a car was flying by at light speed.

Fortunately, it just passed near me. But after that, the energy that propelled me was such that I could barely even register what was going on. I was simply tossed on the wind, buffeted by other cars, thrown high up into the sky, until even my durable self nearly blacked out.

And then came the miracle. It was a cool fall day, but not cold; occasionally, someone would roll their window down while driving. That’s how I met Amy, who was on her way to work out; she had her window cracked, and the current of wind I was on was sucked into her window. Before I could even register what had happened, I was crashing into a mass of white fabric, and then tumbling down the front of her shirt until I fell right between two legs that were slightly askew, working the pedals on her car.

After a look skyward to confirm that the person I hit had breasts, I scampered inside her shorts, just in time for her to go in to the gym. I made it into her panties in time for her to climb on an excercycle for an hour. If not for Mala’s spell, I would have been goo.

But it worked. I revisited her panties for two nights, then hung out in her bed, trying to get her attention. I did, eventually, and while I was small, I was able to explain what I wanted. She was amused, and she kept me in her panties for a few hours the next few days. After that, she kept me bigger, but not too big -- she’d let me sleep with her every four days, then stow me in her panty drawer, so that I was about the size of her fingernail when she pulled me out. But she wasn’t rough. And after Julia, it seemed like heaven.

* * *

“So when I hear about Julia, I’m going to have to kill her, aren’t I?”

“Today has been a wonderful day,” I said. “I don’t want to think about her again today.”

Diana smiled. “Okay. Besides, we have other business to attend to. You need a name.”

“I do?”

“Yes. I mean, what, am I supposed to call you Dildo Jones? I think not. No, while you were sleeping, I googled a few names, and I found one I like. But it’s your name. So you have to like it too.”

“I’m going to like any name you give me,” I said.

“Well, after that little story, I think it fits. You’re tough, little one. Feisty. I think the name ‘Leo’ fits my little lion. What do you think?”

“‘Leo,’” I murmured. I think I would have been happy with “Idiot,” frankly, had it come from her. This was much better. “I like it,” I said.

“Okay, Leo,” said Diana, happily. “So do you want to watch television? Or would you like to explore me some more?”

She didn’t have to ask twice.