- Text Size +

Chapter two

 

It was just a typical day at the Atlantic headquarters of the Canadian Coast guard. That is until the call came in.

Caller: “This is Captain Stephen of the fishing boat “Queen of the sea”.

Coast guard: “What can we do for you captain Stephen?”

Caller: “This is going to sound strange but I wish to report a giant mermaid sighting.”

Coast guard: “Beg your pardon?”

Caller “She called herself Jean and she’s huge. My boat is a 100 feet long and she dwarfed it.”

Coast Guard: Sir, the coast guard has to time for crank calls.”

Caller: “It’s no crank call. I spotted a mermaid at 45 00 N 60 00 W. My men and I are afraid she is going to eat all the fish or be a hazard to navigation.”

Coast Guard: “You need to go back to shore. You’re seeing things. (Coast Guard then hangs up)

A few minutes later the coast guard got that made them wonder if the world had gone mad.

Jean quickly realized it was a cruise ship. A big one, she estimated its length at least 900 feet, maybe even 1,000 feet. For the first time since become a giant mermaid, she felt small. Looking at the side of the ship she saw the words “Carnival Victory”. She decided to swim along side the ship for a while.

“Honey there a big mermaid swimming along the ship.”

“Nonsense. There is no such thing as mermaids.” Her husband replied. Unfortunately Jean heard the remark. (Giant mermaids have good hearing). She flapped her tail, soaking the sceptic and everyone around him.

“Sorry I was aiming for one guy.” She said to the soaked passengers. They started to complain but had second thoughts when they just how big she was.

“She has to be a big as a whale.” One passenger remarked.

“Actually she is bigger than a whale.” Another replied.

“How would you know?”

“I saw a humpback whale earlier and I dwarfed it.” Jean told them. While she was still speaking, the captain appeared.

“I’m Captain Oswald. What’s the big idea soaking my passengers?”

“One of your passengers denied the existence of mermaids. I meant to soak only him.”

“What do you want other than to bother my passengers?”

“I was lonely. I didn’t mean to hurt them.”

“Aren’t there other mermaids or mermen out there?” the captain asked her.

“I’ve never seen them. True be told until yesterday I was a human named Jean King. Then the Spell sisters turned me into a mermaid for some sort of weird realty show.”

“I suppose you want to believe the reports of mega giantesses spotted in Newfoundland.” The sceptic sneered.

“What mega giantesses?”

“Their have been reports of a group of gigantic women holding some sort of barbecue on the south coast of the island Newfoundland. Reports I don’t believe.” The captain replied.

“I’ve never been to Newfoundland, but I hear it’s a lovely island. Can you tell me how to get there?”

“This ship is heading for St John’s Newfoundland, you can fallow us there.”

Interlude

Cindy Spell: “Captain Oswald doesn’t know it but its GTS-goddesses not mere mortal giantesses that have been spotted in Newfoundland.”

Tammy Spell: “The first annual evil GTS-goddess barbecue. They got an interesting menu, besides from people, they got whales and seals on the menu.

Cindy: “hmm, that gives me an idea. I’ll be back soon.”

End interlude

Jean had no trouble keep up with the curse ship. When they got close to Newfoundland, she could smell a barbecue. Then she saw the biggest woman she had ever seen. She had blond hair and was dressed in a tank top and shorts. She was also 4,000 feet tall and looking for something.

“Jean King where are you?” The enormous woman asked.

“Down here.” Jean replied.

“Woah! You really are a mermaid. Anyway my name is Joanna Jones. I’m here to invite you to the first annual evil GTS-goddess club barbecue.”

“But I’m not a GTS-goddess and what’s this about evil?”

“We know you not a GTS-goddess but we decided to invite you anyway.” Joanna replied ignoring the question about evil.

Part of Jean wanted to flee, but her nose told her that something tasted good.

“Lead the way.” She told Joanna.

 

She quickly discovered that 4,000 foot GTS-goddesses are fast. Joanna was moving faster than she could swim. Fortunately she could spot Joanna from a long ways off and it was far to the barbecue site was being held on the south coast of Newfoundland.

Another thing she noticed was just how large the GTS-goddesses were. True some where smaller than Joanna, but all were much bigger than Jean’s 300 feet.

“Welcome to the barbecue Jean. My name is Margret.” A 6,000 foot redhead greeted her at the shore line.

“Thank you. I must say something smells good.”

 “We got three types of food here. Show her goddesses.”

Three trays were brought out. The first tray was full of barbecued whales. The second tray had roasted seals and the third tray was filled with cooked humans, both men and women.

“You eat people?” Jean asked Margret.

“These humans are rebels that dared rebel against GTS-goddess rule.” Margret explained.

“Try them. Humans can be quite tasty.” A 3,000 foot Japanese GTS-goddess suggested. To demonstrate she ate a handful of people off the human tray.

“If you makes you feel any better, all the humans at the barbecue are already dead. You won’t be responsible for their deaths.” A 2500 foot redhead pointed out.

“I’ll never eat people.” Jean vowed.

“What if we force feed people to her?” Joanna suggested.

“I got a better idea. We eat the giant mermaid.” An 1800 foot female Samurai suggested.

“I second the idea.” A 3,000 foot blond GTS-goddess added.

“Wait a moment. You can’t eat me.”Jean protested.

“Sure we can. “ Margret replied.

Jean swam like she never had before. Sadly not only were the evil GTS-goddesses big, they were fast. Within second she felt huge hands around her body. She tried to resist, but felt herself being lifted out of the water.  Compared to Margret (the GTS-Goddess lifting her out of the water) she was no bigger than a mouse.

“Foolish mermaid. Did you really think that you could escape?” Margret mocked her.

“I hate to say this but: save me spell sisters.” Jean cried out.

Interlude

Watching the whole scene unfold were the two Spell sisters.

Cindy: “This isn’t what I had in mind. I thought they might force feed her. Not try to eat her.”

Tammy: “Should we rescue her?”

Cindy: “I suppose we should save her.”

End interlude

To Margret’s shock, the giant mermaid disappeared from her hands.

“Hey! That’s not fair.” Margret called out.

Jean King found herself floating in white all she could see was white.

“Where I’m I?” Jean asked.

The two super witches then appeared beside her.

“You’re in limbo until we decide your ultimate fate.” Tammy replied.

“I am grateful that you saved me from the goddesses, but please turn me back into a human and send me home.”

“What’s the fun of that?” Cindy asked her.

“You’re not thinking of leaving me a giant mermaid, are you?”

“Saving you comes with a price.”

“I only needed saving because you turned me into a giant mermaid. Be fair witches.”

“Us fair?” They said in unison before bursting out in laughter.

Jean then found herself in the middle of an ocean. She was then joined by the Spell sisters.

“Welcome to the planet of the giant mermaids. There are plenty of whales and seals on this world so you won’t starve to death. Not to mention humans. “Cindy told her.

“There are also giant mermaids, but at 100 to 120 feet long they are much smaller than you.” Tammy added. (Jean is 300 feet long BTW)

“You can’t leave me here.” Jean begged.

“Why not? You’re the biggest fish of the sea. You could probably make your self queen of the giant mermaids if you wanted to.” Tammy pointed out.

“I don’t want to be a queen, or a mermaid for that matter. Send me home.”

“But this is your home now.”Cindy told her.  Then the super witches left her.

 To be continued