- Text Size +
1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.Author note: This was originally two stories “I don’t want to be a giant mermaid and “There’s a new mermaid in the ocean” I don’t want to be a giant mermaid

Prologue

Two tall women step onto the stage. One is a brunette, the other a blond.

“Hello I’m Cindy spell.” The brunette told the audience.

“And I’m Tammy spell.”  Said the blond woman.

“We’re the Spell sisters. “

“Our victim today is Jean King. We decided to turn her into the largest mermaid the Wishbone multiverse has even seen. She is a whopping 300 feet long.”

“For compression the previous largest mermaid is around 120 feet long.” (Found on the planet of the giant mermaids BTW)

”She is now on a beach in Nova Scotia, just starting to wake up. Let’s see how she reacts to her new body.”

End prologue

 

Chapter one

 

The first thought that came through Jean’s head was that she was dreaming.  Somehow she went from her bedroom to a strange beach. She was under the impression that someone had taken a beach and surrounding area and shrunk it. The thought the she had grown never occurred to her. When she tried to move, she couldn’t feel her legs. When she looked down at her body she screamed.

Not only was she naked. But the bottom half of her body was of a green fish complete with a fish tail. For a few seconds she thought she was wearing a mermaid costume, but she soon found it was no costume. She was a mermaid. 

“This can’t be happening.” Jean muttered to herself.

Meanwhile it was just another morning of walking along the beach for Arnold Clover and his wife Mary. That is until they heard a distant scream.

“What was that?” Mary asked her husband.

“I don’t know. But it came from the direction we’re heading it.” Arnold replied.

“Maybe we should turn around.”

“Nonsense there is no dangerous animals around. Besides I’ll protect you.”

“This is against my better judgement but alright.”

 

After a couple of moments they saw a huge mermaid lying on the beach.

“I must be seeing things. It must be a whale.”

“Doesn’t look like any whale I’ve seen. It looks like a mermaid with blond hair. I want to get a closer look.”

“Are you crazy Arnold? She could hurt or kill you.” But Arnold ignored his wife advice and headed toward the mermaid.

 

Jean was debating wither or not to stay on the beach or going into the ocean when she heard a man call out to her. She looked around but didn’t see anyone.

“I’m down here.”

She looked down and her eyes opened wide with shock. A tiny man was standing on the beach.  Then she realized he wasn’t tiny compared to the sand. A horrible idea then came to her.

“Hello I’m Jean. And you are?”

“My name is Arnold, that’s my wife Mary over there.” He pointed to a redhead walking toward them.

“This may sound strange but how tall are you?”

“I’m about 6’1”. Why do you ask?”

 

Jean was shocked. The man looked like he was somewhere between one and two inches tall. If he was telling the truth and she suspected he was. She was huge. The couple looked up are her, she could tell they were waiting for an answer.

“This may be hard to believe, but as recently as last night, I was a human woman of average stature. I have no idea, how I got turned into this monster or how I got here. Or even where here is.”

“You must think we’re stupid if you expect us to believe that nonsense.” Mary told Jean. Jean then frowned.

“I don’t like your tone Ms. If you were not so small I would knock some sense, into you.”

“Small! I’m 5’10” you idiot.”

“Please calm down ladies.” Arnold pleaded. But Jean had scoped up Mary in her hand.

“Did you call me an idiot?” Jean asked Mary

Mary suddenly realized that insulting a mermaid big enough to eat her whole was not a good idea.

“Well, it’s just I find your story hard to believe.”

“Please put my wife down.” Arnold pleaded.

“Very well.” Jean placed Mary back on the ground. She then ran to get as much distance between herself and Jean.

“Got to go. See yeah Jean.”

“Wait. Can’t you at least tell me where I am?”

“You’re on Gabriel’s Beach, located in Nova Scotia, Canada.” Arnold replied before running away.

 

“That’ didn’t go to well did it?”

Startled Jean looked up and saw two women standing before her.  Unlike the couple that had just left, they were the same size as Jean. One was a blond the other a brunette.

“What’s the matter Jean? Haven’t you seen 300 foot women before?” The blond asked her.

“I take it that you’re responsible for this mess.”

“We’re the Spell sisters; you are on ‘Tease that mortal’ a reality show.”

“You mean turning me into a monster is some short of cheap entertainment?”

“Watch your tone Ms. King. We are powerful super witches.” The brunette warned her.

“You had your fun, turn me back into a human now.”

Cindy and Tammy Spell then burst out laughing.

“The fun has just begun.” They told her before disappearing from sight.

“This is just great. Now what I’m I going to do?” Jean cried out in despair.

Bored at the beach, she pushed herself off the beach and into the ocean. Being 300 feet long, it took a few moments to find water deep enough to swim in. It didn’t surprise her that she could now breathe underwater. Most fish fled at the sight of something so big and unfamiliar. She had the sense she could swim even faster and catch them. But she didn’t want to do that at least not yet.

 

After an hour or so, Jean decided to surface. To her surprise she saw a fishing boat nearby. She decided to get a closer look.

Archie Stephen,  captain of the fishing boat “Queen of the sea” thought he was going mad when he saw the giant mermaid surface a thousand feet or so from his boat.

“Is that a mermaid?” The second mate asked the captain.

“It can’t be: it must be a whale.” The first mate suggested.

“It does look like a mermaid and she coming this way.”

 

As she got closer, Archie could tell it was indeed a mermaid with blond hair. Also her huge size became clear. If she wanted to she could easily sink his 100 foot fishing boat.

“Hello there. My name is Jean King. Who is the captain of this fine boat?”

“That would be me. Captain Stephen at your service.”

“Nice to meet you captain Stephen. You won’t happen to know what a mermaid does for fun around here?”

Archie was for a lost of words. Finally he said.

“I never met a mermaid before and neither has my crew.”

“I was just teasing you. I was getting lonely so decided to stop by for a chat.

“Lady! This is a fishing boat. We don’t have all day to chat with mermaids.” The first mate chastised her.

“I’ll handle this Mathew. Ms. King it’s not that we don’t appreciate your company, but we do have to catch fish to feed our families.”

A loud growl filled the air. It was then that she realized that she hadn’t eaten anything since becoming a mermaid.

“Great I’m hungry. What do giant mermaids eat anyway?” She asked the crew of the fishing boat.

“Don’t even think of eating us.” The second mate screamed in terror.

“Relax Mermaids don’t eat people.” Jean replied unaware that there were giant mermaids that ate people.

“How about eating some lovely seals?” The first mate suggested.

“Seals are cute. Why should I eat them?” Jean asked.

“I’m from Newfoundland. Seals are the enemy. They eat the fish before we can catch it.” The first mate replied.

Jean then gave Mathew a dirty look before swimming away.

“I don’t think getting her mad was such a good idea.” Archie told his first mate.

“What I’m worried about is her eating all the fish. “ The second mate moaned.

“Captain we do need to report her to the coast guard.” The first mate reminded the captain.

“They will probably think I’m nuts. But all right.”

 

“Where’s a restaurant when you need one?” Jean muttered. Then she remembered she had no money on her. Not to mention it would cost a fortune to feed her now.

 

“Hope this raw fish doesn’t hurt me.” Jean thought as she started swallowing fish whole.

 

She soon discovered it takes a lot of fish to feed a mermaid her size.  A humpback whale swam next to her. At first she didn’t realize it was a whale, for she was used to think of whales as huge creatures. But she easily dwarfed the 50 foot creature.

“It’s no bigger than a foot long sub.” She muttered to herself. Then she shook her head in horror, she was thinking of eating it. The whale sensing it was in danger, fled.

“Come on witches turn me back into a human before I start eating whales and seals.”  Jean pleaded.

“Would you rather eat people?” Tammy Spell asked Jean. She looked around but couldn’t see anyone.

“We decided to remain off stage for now.” Cindy spell explained.

“Well no, but it’s hard to feed this body.” The mermaid complained.

“Despite what you told captain Stephen giant mermaids do eat people.” Cindy told Jean.

“Not me. I will never eat people, whales or seals.”

“Oh yeah!” A strange feeling then came over Jean.

“You have been altered. From now on the only foods you can eat are humans, seals and whales. All other foods will make you throw up.”

“You can’t do that. I’ll prove it.” She then ate a couple of passing fish, but within seconds got an unset stomach. With the laughter of the witches in her ears she barfed up the fish.

“As an act of mercy, we will satisfy your current hunger. “ A full feeling then came over Jean.

“But as time passes you will get hungry again. Will you break down and eat animals you swore never to eat or will you starve yourself to death. We look forward to the answer.” Then the witches left her.

“This is just great. What am I going to do now?” She wondered as she swan to the surface. To her surprise she saw a large boat near by. She decided to get a closer look.

To be continued