- Text Size +

~~~
Two years later
~~~

A witch’s wedding is something very few people attend. It is governed by two rules. First, the wedding has to be held in a matter that reminds the guests of her family powers, and second, only people who knew about magic could participate. We held a public wedding for our friends and my family, but this was the real thing for Sheila.
The room was quite small, and the floor was empty of furniture. The walls were decorated with white and pink cloths, and across the floor flower petals were thrown down. In the middle, a group of about thirty people, all one inch tall, were sitting on appropriate sized chairs.


The door opened, and a magnificent Monica entered the room, full height. She was wearing a white dress that reached up to her ankles, and was wearing white flat sandals decorated by pearls. Everyone turned around and looked at her, as her steps rumbled the ground. She walked over the people, and stepped across the procession. People that were looking up saw her shoe hovering menacingly over them for a second, before she stepped on the other side, in front of a tiny altar. Everyone turned around and saw her bend down, untying her right sandal. She removed her  foot, and the crowed gasped, as I was revealed, having been pressed by the ball of her foot. I stepped down from the shoe and onto the altar. Then Monica sat down, in such a way that her legs circled the whole area and formed high walls, enclosing the guests in. She reached into her bossom and removed a small box made of ebony, and set it down. She opened the box, and set her finger inside it. Waiting for a second, and looking at the tiny people trying to see what’s inside, she removed it, and the bride, my Sheila, was standing on her fingertip. She carefully set her down on the altar beside me, then patted us both with her index. The crowed applauded, and the ceremony started.


After we were done exchanging our vows, and walked through each other’s ring, before they were shrunk down so we could wear them, it was time for the kiss. I bent forward, and our lips met, now a married couple. The crowd applauded, and even more when I felt Sheila adjust her height a bit so that, standing on her wedding heels, she was now taller than me.
A butterfly fluttered through the window, a magnificent animal, with green and blue wings. It landed in front of the altar, and given the size of the guests, it was indeed a very large insect.
"Your honeymoon tickets!" Sheila’s father got up from his chair as he announced to us, and to the crowd that was a bit afraid of the sudden appearance. He stepped close to us, shook my hand, then embraced me. "My best wishes to you both, Greg and Sheila. I am afraid you are a bit too big for your transport, however!" Sheila nodded. "How much?" "One third of an inch should do." We walked behind the butterfly, which was slowly fluttering, and had set the end of its body on the ground. Astonished, I watched as I saw mounted on it’s body two small seats. Sheila petted me on my head, then shrunk us both to a third of an inch. We climbed up and sat on the seats. The body of the butterfly was warm, and some of its hair was serving as a seatbelt!

We sat, "buckled" and watched the crowd one more time, before Monica reached down with her hand. The butterfly walked on her palm, then she brought it, and us, close to her face. "Congratulations!" she said, beaming, and gently breathed out on the butterfly. It instantly took off, out of the window, and into our honeymoon adventure.

Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed the story. I feel it turned out a bit too short, but if I get positive reviews, I'm hoping that those creative gears will start spinning!