- Text Size +

Lena “Tracer” Oxton shut her eyes against the blinding flash from Mercy's new prototype Caduceus Staff, one which was supposed to be able to strengthen its target far beyond the limits of the previous model. When she opened them again, she was confused to find herself standing outdoors. It was as if she'd been transported to a big empty field with nothing but mossy earth, and she might have thought that's what had happened if it weren't for the puffs of white that floated level with her knees over the earth. Then she saw, right between her feet, an irregular patch of grey about the size of a dinner plate.

Tracer's mouth fell open; she recognized that grey shape, and when put together with everything else she saw, there was no doubt in her mind where she was now. Slowly she reached to her earpiece and turned it on. “Uh... Doc? Are you there?” “Tracer!” Mercy's words came through with a bit of static, but still clear enough that Tracer could hear the urgency in her voice. “Stand perfectly still! Do you hear me? Don't move even an inch. It may be hard to believe this, but you've grown huge. Gigantic. I-I don't even know how big you are. This thing you're looking at now—the thing between your feet? It's the city, Tracer.” “Yeah, I figured that much out on my own. Guess your prototype worked better than expected, huh?” Tracer leaned over and waved at the city with an awkward smile. Down at her feet, a few million people looked stood on the verge of panic as they looked at her incomprehensibly gigantic form. To either side of them stood her white running shoes, each a snowy Everest that stretched half as long as the city itself. The mere soles of those shoes stretched twice higher than the loftiest skyscraper in the city, even half-sunk in the earth as they were.

And if just her shoes were like mountains to those poor frightened souls at her feet, Tracer herself was beyond anything they could comprehend. She stood tall enough that she appeared to them tinged lightly blue, and merely gazing on her put a terrible sinking feeling in their stomachs. Her voice, when it finally fell on the city, seemed to be coming from everywhere all at once, and both the earth and air shook with its power. Even the simple acts of leaning over and waving causes tremors.

“So, uh... Any guess when this thing wears off?” Lena continued, hardly guessing what effect she was having on the people below.

“I wish I could say for sure. I never imagined that my invention could have any effect on a target's size, and I've no clue why it's only affected you this way. For all I know it won't ever wear off on its own.” “You're saying I could be stuck at this size forever?”

“I... don't think so. If my technology can make you grow, then I believe it should be able to put you back to normal. I'll need some time to figure out how, and more time after that to build something that will shrink you. I'll call some colleagues and we'll see what we can do. If we're lucky, you might be back to normal before the day is done.” “And if you're not lucky?”

“We'll... talk about that later. For now, just try not to wreck anything. I'll keep you posted on any progress we make.”

“Alright, doc. See you, I guess.” Tracer hung up, and after checking the time, she sighed and looked back at the city, wondering what everyone thought of her down there. They were probably freaked out; she knew she would be, if someone this size was standing over her. How big was she, anyways? She knew the city was some sixteen miles long, but to her it seemed only a foot. That would put her at eighty-some miles tall. And compared to her, the people down there would be, what? Twenty microns tall? Her skin cells would be bigger than them. She'd thought about leaning in and trying to get a better look at them, but obviously that wouldn't work. She could make out individual buildings, but anything smaller than a bus would be invisible to her, and even they were nothing but specks.

It was amazing to think of how much power she held. She might even be able to wipe out the city in a single step. Those parts of it that weren't crushed under her feet would probably be done in by the shock wave. Should she step away from the city? It sounded like a good idea, but she wondered if just moving her feet would be enough to wreck everything. Better not to move at all, she figured. Still, she should do something to set everyone at ease.

“So, uh... hi, everyone!” she said, with what she hoped would be a friendly, reassuring smile. “Tracer here. There's been some technical difficulties with a new invention, but don't worry, my friend's working on fixing it. Hopefully she won't be too long. 'Til then, we'll have to keep each other company. Sorry for the trouble; I'll try not to disturb you too much!” Tracer kept her smile on a while longer, looking up and down the city for any sign that her message was having an effect, but for all that she looked nothing at all changed to her eyes or ears. She sighed and looked around, trying to pass the time with something else. She spotted some planes flying in the distance, leaving their little white contrails as they went, like tiny white threads hardly any thicker than a spider's silk. She waved and watched them until they disappeared from view, then she looked up and saw that though it was well into the morning the sky overhead looked pitch black, and she stared into it wondering if she would find any stars. When she didn't spot any, she searched for something else to occupy her thoughts. She crossed her arms and, without thinking, started tapping her foot.

The tapping was slow and soft, at least to her. Her toes went up by just an inch before falling back to earth at speeds that far surpassed what gravity should have allowed. Earthquakes ravaged the city, ones far stronger than the mere tremors caused by her voice and presence, and millions scrambled to flee the buildings in which they'd been hiding from her, spilling out onto the streets all over town.

Mercy called her not even a minute afterwards. “Tracer! Could you please stop tapping your foot?”

“Hm? Oh! So sorry! You alright down there, little guys? I swear I didn't mean to scare you.”

“Yes, yes, everyone's fine. Look, why don't you sit down and try to relax? Carefully, of course. We're still discussing what might have caused you to grow, and any fix for this is still a long ways off. No point in you standing up all day.” “Right! Gotcha! I'll get right on that. Let me know if you need anything else, doc.” Tracer crouched over the city after signing off, then reached back around and placed her hands flat on the ground. the hills and forests there were flattened under her bare skin, and that was before she put any weight on them. When she did, her palms sank into the earth by as much as a couple thousand feet, sinking into tons of bedrock as though it were nothing but clay.

Slowly she lowered her bottom. Those big, round cheeks seemed a pair of moons to the scattered rural settlements beneath her. Hundreds tried to flee as orange spandex replaced the sky, but even though she took it slow, they were all caught under her butt.

The earth was like a soft cushion at Tracer's vast size, easily deforming around her butt as she put more and more of her weight on it. It never occurred to her that there might have been people there until after she settled in comfortably, and by then all she could do was hope that there hadn't been, or that they'd all survived somehow. Either way, she couldn't feel too concerned when she had more pressing matters to worry about, like how hot her shoes were getting. “Hope you don't mind me slipping these off, luv,” she said as she removed them. She dropped them at her side and put her bare feet right beside the city again. Her warm and sweaty soles met the cool earth, and she giggled as she dug her toes into the ground like when she was a girl, letting the dirt soak up all their sweat until she was feeling fresher.

“Ah! Much better!” she sighed, lifting up her soles now to let them breathe. Countless tons of rock and sweaty mud fell from both her feet to pound the city's surroundings, and all the more so when she reached to brush off her soles. “Say, the smell's not too much for you, is it? Maybe I should move them away. Oh, now that I think about it, you must be pretty how down there too, huh? I know! How about I give you some shade?” She laughed again as she lifted her feet and moved them over the city. Mud and rocks and pebbles pelted the city like hailstones while those feet hung over them, though it thankfully only lasted until she'd her legs out a bit further and set set her heels down just beyond the city.

Tracer's bent legs loomed like the world's biggest arch over the city, sharing their shade with everyone beneath, while Tracer leaned aside to peer at them. “How's that? Cooler, innit? And I'm sure you're all enjoying the view down there.” She ran a hand over each leg, up her calves and down her thighs, then playfully spanked her butt. The impact roared like a sonic boom, though it still wasn't as loud as her laughter. Mercy called again, begging her to keep it down, but Tracer had taken her earpiece off a minute ago and held it in her fist, where Mercy's call went unheard. “Normally I'd tell you I'm only into women, but at this size there's not much difference between one and the other; not like I could even tell what you are without a microscope. So for now you can all stare as much as you like.” They did all stare—in terror, mostly, but even then, the shapeliness of those legs and ass could not be denied. It wasn't rare for people to find themselves admiring her figure despite how much they feared her size, or even admiring it for it immensity—and Tracer encouraged them, crossing and uncrossing her legs to draw everyone's attention to them, or leaning back to expose a bit more of her butt.

This went on for a long time. It was so much fun showing off for millions of people, even if she couldn't see any of them. And they couldn't stop looking at her either, so awed by her size and captivated by her figure that they could think of little else.

This being huge thing was so much more fun than Tracer thought it would be. She was liking it so much that she started thinking it might not be so bad—no, scratch that—it would be amazing if she could be even just twice as big as she was now! Big enough that she could threaten to smother the whole city under a single sole.

As soon as Tracer had that thought, there was a sudden shift as she appeared to grow twice as big in an instant. She blinked and looked at the city, wondering if this was real or if she'd just imagined it. When she compared her feet to her earlier footprints, there was no doubt that she had grown again.

The people beneath her didn't even notice it at first—she had been so huge already, and it was hard to tell she'd grown from their perspective under her. Once her feet were beside them again, though, they were scared to find them far bigger than before, and even more scared when Tracer moved them right up to the city borders, where she could clearly see that, yes, her foot was big enough to fit the whole city under it.

She should have been alarmed. Instead she was thrilled beyond words. The world trembled as she wiggled her toes, and the air rumbled with the friction of those mountainous digits rubbing against each other. Her pinkie was two miles thick now, and her big toe closer to four. A single one of them falling on the city might have spelled its end, and she was happy to tease them with that potential annihilation, letting her toes hang over the city and wiggling them overhead even as she put her earpiece back on and called Mercy. “Hey, doc, did you and your friends do something to make me grow again?” “Make you grow? What... N-no, we haven't done anything yet. We've been trying to figure out why the prototype only affected you this way. You're saying you grew bigger? How did this happen? Tell me everything.” “Well, there's not much to tell. I was thinking it might be fun to be even bigger, and then... poof! I grew bigger. As much bigger as I wanted to be, now that I think about it.”

“That... sounds like it might fit one of our theories. A colleague suggested that your growth might have been caused by an unknown interaction between the prototype staff and your chronal accelerator. I suppose it's possible that the interaction has given you the power to control your own size, just as you can control the flow of time for yourself. Give it a try. Can you will yourself to shrink back to normal?” “Let me see.” Tracer formed an image of herself back at her usual size. Petite, 5'4 Lena Oxton, dwarfed by almost everyone else in Overwatch. No longer the titan Tracer, a threat to humanity, big enough to flatten mountains and cities with a single step; just a regular human being, the same as everyone else. Just thinking about it made her sick from boredom. No, if she really had this power, she was going to use it for something much more fun.

Rather than shrinking back down, Lena willed herself to grow bigger. Much, much bigger. Just like that, she flashed to her desired size, big enough that the sky appeared perfectly black to her, as even sitting her head reached well into the exosphere. “Heh! Seems you were right, doc. I just need to think about it and I can grow even bigger.” “Bigger? Lena, don't tell me you... Oh my God! What in the world are you doing!? Shrink back down right now! You'll destroy the Earth, Lena!”

“Relax, doc! There's no danger at all. Haven't you noticed that the laws of physics have been acting strange around me ever since I grew?” Tracer moved her feet, setting them down so that the city sat right between her big toes. Just as she'd wished it, she was big enough that the city could be crushed under just her pinkie. When she raised her big toe over it, the city and all its surroundings for miles and miles around fell under its shadow so that it seemed that night had come. Hardly a speck of daylight could be seen from anywhere in the city.

“It's not just my size that I control now. Do you see what I'm getting at? Time, space, the laws of physics—I control it all! See how everyone hears me as soon as I speak, way sooner than the measly speed of sound would allow, and without everyone going deaf? It's because that's how I want it to happen. With these powers, I can even flatten the city without anyone in it getting hurt. Or at least, that's the theory. What do you say we test it right now?” Everyone in the city was already trying to flee long before Tracer finished speaking. Seconds after she started lowering her toe, they were all flattened under the sheer weight of the air displaced by its descent. They tried their best to crawl away, but they could only lie there and watch as that toe which put mountains to shame fell towards their city. At its approach, every light in the city turned on all at once, doing their best to illuminate the sky-spanning surface of Tracer's toe. She wanted them to see what was going on, after all; to witness and be amazed at her power. She could sense them all down there, every last individual cowering under her toe, and it excited her to no end.

It slowed as it neared, until it came to a stop just as its surface touched on the top of the tallest building in the city. There it stopped, as if that building alone were enough to hold it back. It wasn't nearly as thick, or even as tall, as the ridge of Tracer's toe print that stopped on its surface. After all, Tracer wanted to enjoy every last second of this.

Tracer bit her lip in sheer bliss as her toe resumed its descent, making building after building crumble to dust under the pale-pink sky of her skin, until everything was buried under its incomprehensible mass which yet pressed deeper and deeper into the earth.

When Tracer moved her toe away, a glance at the print she left behind suggested it was nothing but an empty crater, with all life inside snuffed out, but bit by bit people dug themselves out of the dust and stood up, looking around at the labyrinthine series of hills and valleys in the shape of Tracer's toe print, and up at the immense goddess responsible for it.

Miles away, her toes drummed on the planet's surface, impacts rippling throughout the continent, but it was her face which held their eyes. The gigantic British goddess seemed very, very pleased with herself. She smiled at the city, then swept her eyes away to survey the rest of the continent. Hundreds of millions of eyes looked on her colossal figure in fear and awe, and she could feel every last one of them, not to mention the dozens of towns and cities and millions of people still caught under her enormous soles. Even beyond that, a whole planet's worth of people still awaited her to play with them. And after that? Who knew. Maybe she'd grow to the size of the sun and play with the whole Earth at once. Then, if her powers allowed, she might turn galaxies into her playthings and fill all of space with her divine body.

But that could come later. The day was just beginning, after all, and there was no rush to leave before she'd finished having her fun with everyone.