- Text Size +
Chapter seven 

After getting a bite to eat, Susan asked Betty to boot up the computer.

"Want to see what's happening on the SW message board." Susan replied when Betty asked why.

 

When visiting Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia why not visit the Sou'wester restaurant & gift shop? Visit us in person or online at http://www.peggys-cove.com

"Darn pop up ad. Don't they realize I would become Sea gull food if I tried visiting Peggy's Cove? And the lobsters would eat me instead of the other way around."

"Think the ad is aimed at normal sized people." Betty pointed out.

 

To her disappointment there were no new messages to her original query. But was surprised to see a couple of posts called Susan pics. She asked Betty to click on it. To her horror the pictures were of her. About a dozen photo's in all. Some showed her being 'sucked on." Others showed her in the 'way too big" doll clothes, while still other showed her painting toenails.

"I didn't realize the petite club had a camera." Betty commented.

"Nancy mentioned she was posting pictures of me on the net."

"Judging from these thumbnails they were very imaginative. Did they really suck on you?"

"I rather not talk about it. And I prefer you not to look at those."

"All right, I'll turn the computer off."

"No! Want to do one last search for the Wishbone restaurant."

"Think that's a waste of time, but all right."

 

But to Betty's surprise they found the Wishbone restaurant homepage after an hour's search.

"It really does exist." Susan cried.

"This may be a fake web page." Betty cautioned.

"I don't think so. Look there's a Wishbone locator link. Click on it."

Betty clicked on it.

"If I read this right not only is the Wishbone restaurant on the other side of the country it's in another universe as well."

"That's the way I read that as well. Sigh! Take me to the dollhouse. This computer reminds me how small I am.

 

Susan walked through the dollhouse. She fell she was in a home for 30-foot giants.

"I'm getting too small for a doll house." Susan thought to herself. She had shrunk to the point where just getting on the bed (in the dollhouse) was a challenge.

"What's going to happen when I shrink to half this size tonight?" Susan wondered. "Will I need ladders in here too?"

 

Suddenly a six-inch tall brunette appeared beside her.

"What the? Who are you?" Susan asked.

"My name is Sara Cole." The brunette replied. "I'm a mini goddess and a friend of Tracey. I got some clothes for you."

A T-shirt, bra and Jeans then appeared in Sara's hands.

"How did you do that?" Susan asked.

"All mini goddesses have magic powers." Sara replied. "These clothes are made of a special material that will shrink with you."

"Can you make me grow?" Susan asked.

"I could but Catherine would just shrink you again." Sara replied.

(Author note: Sara is referring to her size changing gun.)

"I take it making a wish at Wishbone is out of the question.'

"She told me to tell you not to even think about it."

"Nuts! I envy you."

"Oh why?" Sara asked.

"You’re not helpless like me. You can go anywhere and do anything you want."

"Actually I envy you. Catherine gave me the impression that you'll be restored some day. I'll be six inches tall forever with zero hope of ever being human size again."

"In case you haven't noticed I'm still shrinking. I'll be running from ants soon."

"You still have hope of being human sized again. Anyway I got business elsewhere. Goodbye and good luck" Sara then disappeared from sight, leaving the clothes behind her.

"Still say it better to be a mini goddess than a mortal SW." Susan muttered to herself as she put on the clothes.

 

"Where did you get those clothes?" Betty asked when Susan emerged from the dollhouse.

"A mini goddess gave them to me. She claims they will shrink with me." Susan replied.

"I thought they were a myth. But I'm not surprised their real." Betty commented.

"Wonder if the clothes really will shrink with me."

"We'll find out soon enough."

 

Night came while Susan was watching television. The very familiar feeling came over her and her height was cut in half.

"They shrank with me." Susan cried.

"What was that? I can't make out what you're saying."

"You can't hear me?" Susan asked.

"Climb on to my hand I'll take you to my ear."

 

Susan then climbed onto the huge (to her) hand. Betty then brought Susan to her ear.

'Now what were you saying?"

"I said my clothes shrank with me. But we now have a bigger problem. You can't hear me."

"I could tell you were talking, but I couldn't make out the words. I can hear you now."

"What I'm going to do? I can't stay by you ears all day."

"At this rate in another night I'll be able to enter your ears."

"Don't think I like that idea." Betty replied. "How about you live in an earring?"

"You got to be kidding."

"Why not? You'll always be within earshot and you'll be safe from any wildlife. While you are a bit big for an earring now that will change in a night or two."

"Guess I'll have to get used to being out of your earshot."

"Suit yourself. But I would give the earring idea some thought if I were you."

 

Susan was surprised to find herself in a house, a real house. But she noticed something was wrong. Everything was nailed down and why was the house shaking. Then Susan noticed the man.

"Who are you?" Susan asked.

"My name is Tom Keats. Who are you and how did you get in this earring?"

"My name is Susan, what do you mean earring?"

"Didn't Rita Size shrink you and place you here?"

"Who?" Susan asked. Then she looked out the window and gasped. She was looking at a huge female head.

"How small are we?" Susan asked.

"The house is an inch tall. You do the math." Tom replied.

"I refuse to accept this." Susan cried as she ran out the door. She then found herself in a cell. Looking out through the bars she saw that everything was huge and that she was in an earring that was literately a prison.

"No!" Susan cried. Then she woke up from her nightmare.

 

Susan looked around her oversized dollhouse. At 1.125 inches tall even the dollhouse was huge to her. She jumped off the doll bed. It was twice her height off the ground, but she landed unhurt.

 

Susan then drank from the thimble of water she had dragged into the dollhouse the night before.

"Wish it was coffee." Susan muttered.

 

Walking out the dollhouse she soon realized it was early morning. The first light of dawn was coming into the apartment. Susan took a few steps from the dollhouse before she saw it. It was an ant. It appeared to be the size of a large lobster to Susan.  She found it looked ugly. And she noticed it had no fear of her. Instead it seamed to be sizing her up.

"Go way!" she told the ant.

 

Then Betty came into the room. To Susan she was a towering mega giantess. She noticed the ant moved off as Susan approached.

"Hey Betty. I'm down here." Susan cried. But Betty didn't hear her. Susan had to run for her life as Betty walked right by her and went straight to the dollhouse.

"Are you awake?" Betty asked thinking Susan was still in the doll house.

Wanting to get her attention, Susan ran toward Betty and jumped on her foot. Then she started climbing her leg. Betty felt something climbing her leg, she was about to smack it. When she noticed it was Susan. She then gently picked up Susan and brought her to her face.

"What were you doing on my leg?" Betty asked.

"Getting your attention." Susan replied.

"And I hoping it was a sign you wanted to explore my body."

"In you dreams Betty." Susan then told her about her nightmare and the ant.

"Surprised there are any bugs in this apartment." Betty commented.

"They stayed away from us before. But they're no longer afraid of me."

"All the more reason for you to move into an earring. Even your own apartment isn't safe anymore."

Before Susan could reply, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get that." Betty then stuffed Susan into her bra.

 

Betty found Mark standing at the door.

"Long time no see Mark."

"Hi Betty, is Susan home?"

"She's in my bra." Betty then fished Susan out of her bra. Mark's eyes went wide at the sight of her.

"She's so small." He cried.

"Thanks for rubbing it in."

"I was hoping you had been restored by now. I got to go." Mark then started to run away, bumping into Cindy in the process.

"Betty isn't it? I'm Cindy from Susan's office."

"What do you want?" Betty asked.

"I was wondering if I could borrow Susan for a while."

"I don't think so." Betty replied.

Cindy then noticed Susan.

"She's even smaller than she was before. She's too small to be a toy." Cindy then walked off pouting all the way.

 

"Why doesn't anyone threat me with respect?" Susan cried after Betty brought her back inside.

"Hard to respect someone smaller than a mouse."  Betty replied. "But don't worry I still love you."

Betty then carried Susan to the bedroom.

"Sure you don't want to explore my body?"

"Sorry Betty. I'm straight. But I do have an idea. Instead of carrying me around in you hand. Why not place me on your shoulder?"

"What if you fall off?"

"I'm small enough that falls don't hurt as much. And I could problem grab you long hair to stop my fall." Susan replied.

"If you're going to grab my hair, why don't I place you on top of my head? You'll be able to use my hair to reach my ear, when ever you need to talk to me."

"I don't know."

"Come on. Let's try it." Betty then placed Susan on top of her head.

 

Susan then spent the rest of the day on her friend's head. Only for a brief lunch break and for bathroom breaks was she taken off.

"How did you like it?" Betty asked Susan at suppertime.

"It's weird, but better than living in an earring. But I won't want to go out of the apartment." Susan replied.

"Why not? You'll soon be small enough to hide in my hair. No one would notice you."

"Your hair would become my world. Not crazy on that idea."

 

Later when Susan did her nightly shrinking, Betty insisted that she stand by an upright ruler. Before the sunset, Susan was eye level with the one-inch mark. Then the ruler and everything else started getting bigger. When it was all over, she was eye level with the half-inch mark.

"Looks like the pattern holding. Your 0.56 inches tall. Small enough to join the less than an inch yahoo group."

"That's not funny Betty." Susan replied. The truth was she was scared. The six-inch ruler now looked to be 64 feet tall. Her friend was now a 736-foot giantess.

 

Betty then gently placed Susan back in her hair. Then she went to watch television. As luck would have it, there was a movie on that Betty liked. But Susan didn't care for it. She climbed to Betty's ear and said.

"Mind if I go for a walk? I don't care for this movie."

"Sure whatever." Betty replied. She was so engaged in the movie she wasn't paying much attention to anything else.

 

Susan then carefully climbed off Betty. Fortunately Betty was lying on the floor so getting down wasn't a problem.

 

She walked for a good half-hour and was well into the hall when she saw the spider.  It was bigger than her. She hoped the spider didn't see her. But it started coming toward her. Susan then panicked and started to run.

"Tomorrow, I'm getting Betty to call an exterminator." Susan vowed. She ran and ran but when she looked back the spider was gaining on her.

"Betty help!" Susan cried. But Betty didn't hear her and was busy watching the movie.

Betty was only ten feet way. But she might as well been a mile away, for all the good it did Susan. Susan felt the spider pounce on her then all went black.

To be continued