- Text Size +
1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author note: while this is a SW story. I feel it may be of interest to GTS fans.

 Having Susan 

Chapter one

 

Susan Drew looked in the bedroom mirror and liked what she saw. She was a 27-year-old brunette, with a good job and a boyfriend. Susan was also six feet tall, but dreamed of being taller. She loved stories like 'Doubling Sally'.

 

"Susan are you ready to go?" Betty Howard asked. Betty was Susan's best friend. She was a 5'9" blond.

"Ready, so where do you want to go?" Susan asked.

"I thought it would be fun to get our fortune told." Betty replied.

"You don't really believe that stuff do you?"

"Why not? They're this new place in town run by Catherine the super witch. She claims to be never wrong."

"Never wrong! That's a joke. Where's this Catherine?"

"She has a tent in the fair grounds." Betty replied.

"Let's go to her. I want to put her to the test."

 

The outside of Catherine's tent did not impress Susan. But Catherine herself impressed her. Catherine was a redhead with green eyes and an inch taller than Susan.

"To get your future told its five bucks each." She told them.

"I heard you're never wrong." Susan said.

'That's right." Catherine replied.

"That's a neat feat since the future doesn't really exist."

"It does exist. My magic shows the future that will happen."

"How? Using that crystal ball on the table? "Susan asked.

"Susan there's no need to be so rude." Betty warned.

"I would be careful if I were you. My powers go far beyond revealing the secrets of time. After all I am a super witch."

"More like super dud. Do you really expect me to believe that you have real magic powers? I dare you to do your worst to me."

"Very well. I cruse you to become a halving woman. Every night starting tomorrow night, your height will be cut in half."

"Yeah right."

"I mean no disrespect. But that is hard to believe."

"It will happen. You'll see your friend dwindle until she's just a speck in the palm of your hand."

"Come on Betty, let's leave this fruitcake."

"You'll be more respectful. Once you have been cut down to size." Catherine called after her.

 

The next day was just like any other day for Susan. The only difference was that she had a date with Mark Macdonald that night. Mark was the same height as Susan. He had brown hair and Susan considered him handsome.

"What a lovely sunset." Mark commented.

"Yes it is. Do you feel a chill in the air?" Susan asked.

"Want me to warm you up?"

"I'm serious. I feel funny." Susan then looked up into Mark's eyes. Then she realized that she shouldn't have to look up to see Mark's eyes. Then she noticed that everything was getting bigger.

"I'm shrinking." Susan cried.

"Nonsense people don't shrink." Then he realized that Susan was now a lot shorter than he was.

 

Susan stopped shrinking when she reached the three-foot mark. She looked up at Mark, who now appeared to be a 12-foot giant to her, a speechless giant.

"Say something Mark."

"Um, wonder why your clothes shrank with you?"

Susan then realized that her bra, top, jeans and sneakers fit as well as ever.

"I don't know. Maybe it's part of the curse."

"What curse?"

"Last night, Betty talked me into seeing a witch called Catherine. I told her that she didn't have any real magic powers. So she cursed me. Said I would become a halving woman. That every night my height would be cut in half."

"Whoa.  Sounds like she's a real witch. Maybe you should go to her and say you're sorry for doubting her powers."

 

Instead of replying to Mark, Susan pinched herself.

"OW! Damm this isn't a dream. I refuse to go to Catherine."

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Mark asked.

"Call a doctor who does house calls?" Susan suggested hopefully.

"You know such doctors don't exist around here. And it would take days to get an appointment to see a Family doctor. I guess that leaves the emergency room at the hospital."

"I'm not sure I would want to go there. I want few people as possible knowing about my condition."

 

Then they heard a knock on the door.

 

"Who can that be?" Susan asked.

 

"You weren't excepting anyone else?"

 

"No. Will you answer it for me Mark?"

 

Sighing Mark went to answer the door. Standing there was a tall redhead dressed in doctor white.

 

"Hello Mark. I understand Susan is looking for a doctor."

 

"Um, Yes. But how do you know that. And how did you know my name?"

 

"I have my ways. Now stand aside."

 

Despite Mark's protests the redhead pushed her way into the house.

 

"What's seams to be the trouble?" She asked Susan.

 

"You! You shrunk me. That's the trouble."

 

"My dear Susan, you have barely begun to shrink. You're going to be a lot smaller before you stop shrinking."

 

"You're Catherine?" Mark asked.

 

"Correct mortal." Catherine then lifted Susan off the floor.

 

"Other than having a too big ego and the wrong attitude, she's in perfect health. As an act of generosity she will stay that way as long as she's in a shrunken state. Also as an act of kindness, the clothes Susan is wearing right now will shrink with her."

 

"What about my other clothes?" Susan asked.

 

“They will remain much too large for you." Catherine replied.

 

"What give you the right to shrink my girlfriend?" Mark asked.

 

"I'm a super witch I can treat mortals any way I please. Challenge me again, and I'll shrink you so small that you won't be visible without a microscope. "Catherine threatened.

 

"Gulp. Can you really do that?" Mark asked.

 

Mark then found himself shrinking rapidly.  He was soon too small for Susan to see.

 

"How small is he?"

 

"Small enough that he's running from dust mites that tower over him."

 

"Please bring him back."

 

A rapidly growing Mark then appeared. He seamed scared out of his wits.

 

"Are you ok Mark?" Susan asked once Mark reached normal size.

 

"Do I look ok? Do you have any idea how many dust mites there is on this carpet, not to mention the germs. At least I think they were germs. I'm sorry Susan, but you're on your own on this one."

 

He then ran out of the apartment.

 

"Great! There's goes my boyfriend."

 

"He's a loser. But don't worry I predict Betty will remain your friend. I will keep an eye on you."

 

Catherine then disappeared from sight.

 

Susan then went to the phone. Thankful she could still reach it. Then she called Betty.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Betty, Its me Susan."

 

"I thought you had a date with Mark."

 

"He ran out on me. He and Catherine had a fight and you can guess who won."

 

"Catherine went to your apartment?"

 

"Yes. Please come over, I'm three feet tall, and I'm scared."

 

"Ok, Ok I'll be right over."