- Text Size +
Chapter six

 

With Irma dead, Susan and Betty returned to Susan's apartment. After they unpacked Susan asked to go outside on the deck. (Her apartment was on the outside of the building)

"I'm tried of being indoors all the time." She whined.

"Bad idea." Betty replied.

"Why? There are no cats or dogs near by and I'm still big enough to handle insects."

"What about birds?"

"What about them? I'm not a worm. They won't eat me."

"You have never seen the Movie "revenge of the Birds" have you?"

"I never heard of it."

"In the move an experiment goes terribly wrong and every mammal in the world is shrunk to a tiny size. In the case of people the average size is two inches. Anyway all over the world birds of almost every species attack and eats humans. Within hours millions of people are bird feed."

"While that sounds like a really scary move I doubt the birds around here would eat me."

"All right. I'll take you to the deck."

 

Susan used to think her deck was small but now it seamed huge.

"Don't know what you're worried about Betty."

Just then a big crow flew by. It eyed Susan and then made a dive for her. Betty managed to get her out of the way just in time.

"Shoo!" Betty cried at the crow. Seeing it would have to fight for its meal, the crow flew away.

"Sigh! Take me inside. My own deck isn't safe anymore."

 

The rest of the day passed without incident. Then shortly after supper there was a knock on the door.

"Who can that be?" Susan wondered.

"I don't know, but I'll find out."

Betty opened the door and found a short Asian woman standing there.

"Can I help you?" Betty asked.

"I heard that Susan got shrunk by a witch."

"Um how did you know? And who are you?"

"My name is Nancy. As for how I know, Clyde told the whole office. I wanted to see her for myself."

"Just a second, I'll see if she's wants to see you."

"She says her name is Nancy, Claims she works in the same office as you."

"The only Nancy I know is the short secretary at work. Why would she want to see me?" Susan asked.

"To confirm that I'm no longer the shortest girl in the office." Nancy replied.

Susan knew that Nancy was barely five feet tall. Yet she looked 80 feet tall. Then an all too familiar feeling came over her and Nancy and everything else started to grow.

"What's happening to her?" Nancy asked.

"Every night her height gets cut in half." Betty explained.

"You mean she's getting even smaller?" Nancy cried out in delight.

Susan had now stopped shrinking. She was only two and quarter inches tall. Nancy now appeared to be a 160-foot giantess to her.

"Glad to see you’re enjoying this." Susan replied.

"This is even better than I planned. For years you made me feel tiny. You mocked my short stature. Now it's pay back time."

"Now wait just a minute. Susan's my friend. I won't let you hurt her." Betty told Nancy. Nancy then brought out a gun from her purse and pointed it at Betty.

"Try to stop me and I will kill you."  She told Betty. Nancy then brought a jar out of her purse and placed it on it side on the floor.

"Get In the jar." Nancy ordered Susan.

"No way." Susan replied.

"If you don't I'll shoot the blond bimbo."

With a heavy heart Nancy got in the jar. Nancy then placed a lid on the jar and placed her in her purse.

"You're not going to get away with this." Betty warned Susan.

"What are you going to tell the cops?" Nancy replied. "But to be sure you don't try to follow me." Nancy then brought out a can of mace and sprayed Betty in the face.

"Awk! My eyes." Betty cried.

Nancy then calmly walked out of the apartment.

 

"I can't believe I'm stuck in a jam jar." Susan muttered to herself. She knew it was a jam jar because of the strong smell of strawberry jam. She also knew she was in a car going somewhere. After what seamed like forever, she heard Nancy talking to a man. She could have sworn she heard the man's voice before. Then she felt the jar being lifted from the purse. Then the cover was removed, but the jar was kept upright so escape wasn't easy.

"Susan I want you meet my husband."

To her surprise Nancy's husband was white. Then she recognized him.

"Bob Donald?" Susan asked.

 "I'm I too short for you now?" He asked.

"You two have met?" Nancy asked.

"We meet through a dating service about five years ago." Bob replied. "After a few dates, she told me to get lost. She was embarrassed to be seen with a man ten inches shorter than her."

"What I told you was find someone closer to your own height. Never dreamt you would merry a Japanese girl."

"Why not?" Bob replied. "We love each other."

"What are you two going to do to me?" Susan asked.

"I'm not going to do anything. Except say that you deserved to be cut down in size and I won't care if Nancy flushed you down the toilet."

"But that would be murder."

"Who would ever know?" Nancy replied. "But I have other plans for you. Before the night is out you are going to regret calling me short and laughing at petite women."

 

The first of Nancy plans involved Barbie doll clothes. She made Susan strip which Susan did without resistance. Then ordered her to put on the doll clothes. But being made for a 10 inches doll they were way too big for Susan to wear.

"Look at that. Even Barbie's clothes are too big for you."

Then she made Susan stand next to a Barbie doll. To her embarrassment she only came up to the doll's knees. Then she noticed Nancy taking pictures with a digital camera.

"What's with the camera?" Susan asked.

"I'm going to post pictures of you on the net." Nancy replied. "Thousands of people will discover just how weak and helpless you are."

"No, I don't want people to know I've shrunk." Susan cried.

 

Ding, dong.

"That must be my friends. Answer the door honey. And remember you can look but not touch."

"There goes my plans for an affair." Bob replied in jest.

"I mean it Bob. Touch any member of the 'Petite club' other than myself and I'll have you shrunk to the size of a mouse."

"Petite Club?" Susan asked.

"It's a club I belong to. Full of vertically challenged women." Nancy replied.

 

Six women entered the house. Two were Japanese, two were Chinese, one was Korean and one was red headed Irish girl.  All of them were between 4'8" and 5'3" in height.

 

"Thanks for coming ladies."

"What the big surprise?" One of the Japanese girls asked in Japanese.

"Actually it's a little surprise. Here she is."

Nancy then shows Susan to the girls.

"This is Susan. Last week she was a tall 6', 180 cm, now she's a mere 2 and quarter inches tall or if you prefer metric 5.625 cm tall."

"I know you. You shop at the store where I work." The redhead cried,

"Nice to see you Molly."

"Don't try to be nice to me witch. You always made me feel like a little kid."

"Anyone one else met Susan before?" Nancy asked.

"I have." The Korean girl replied. "She thought I was Japanese because I'm Asian and only 4'9" In her racist mind all Asians are either Japanese or Chinese and tiny in statue."

"Asian women especially Japanese do tend to be short." Susan replied.

"You're going to pay for that remark." One of the Japanese women warned Susan.

"I hate to interrupt. But I thought we decided against shrinking tall women." A Chinese girl asked.

"I didn't shrink her. A witch called Catherine did." Nancy replied.

"You better not harm me. Or you'll suffer the same fate as Irma." Susan warned.

"What happened to Irma?" Molly asked.

"Catherine killed her because she was under the influence of other super witches. That's the impression I got from Clyde." Nancy replied. "The bottom line is Catherine has no beef against me. As for Betty, there no way the blond bimbo can find you." Nancy then faced the club.

"Before we start the fun, remember I want to keep Susan alive and intact. I want to bring her to work with me tomorrow."

"No, anything but that." Susan cried.

 

The rest of the night was a blur to Susan. She vaguely recalled being placed in the months of some of the women. And being forced to paint the toenails of one of the women. (Susan couldn't remember whom). She also recalled being tossed around by several of the women. And eventually ended up in the tub with a Chinese girl she didn't know. Being used as a bath toy was the last thing she remembered. The next morning Susan woke up in the jam jar with her clothes no where in sight.

 

Nancy hummed as she entered the office. She had Susan in her purse. Once she got to her desk she took out the jar and placed it on her desk.

"Good you’re awake."

"Don't place me here where everyone can see me." Susan begged.

"Why Susan, you're going to become office property."

"What!"

Nancy then got on the intercom.

"Attention staff. This is Nancy with an important announcement. I have Susan at my desk. She has been shrunk to two and a quarter inches in height. If you wish to play with her come to my desk. "

A few curious staff members then come up to Nancy's desk.

"Whoa! Clyde was telling the truth you really have shrunk." A man called Arnold commented.

"Personally I find she looks cute." A girl named Cindy Commented. "Can I borrow her awhile?" She asked.

"No you can't." a man replied.

"Why not Mr. Simpson?" Cindy asked.

"Because I'm taking her." Simpson replied.

Nancy then handed Susan over to her boss.

 

Once inside the office Simpson took Susan out of the jar and placed her on his desk.

"Clyde told me some of the story. But I want to her what happened to you from your own lips."

She then gave the short version of what happened to her. She noticed that Mr. Simpson never shown any signs of disbelief at her story.

"Sounds like you been through a lot."

"I have Mr. Simpson. I must say you’re accepting this a lot easier than I though you would."

Mr. Simpson blushed, the he said.

"Can you keep a secret?"

Susan nodded.

"I've dealt with SW before. I actually own a couple of SW. Bought them off the inter universe net.  I keep in a special room in my house."

"What! How dare you treat women like property?"

"Would you prefer the term guardian? They're from an alternate world and I don't have the means to send them back to their home earth even if I knew where it was."

"You could call Sizechanger for Hire and have them restored to human size."

"Sizechangers are expensive. Besides I find they look cute at six inches tall."

"So you’re going to make me pet number three?" Susan asked.

"I've thought about it, but no. For one thing its clear Catherine has plans for you and I've learned not to mess with super witches. Besides what's the point of having a pet that keeps getting smaller and smaller?"

Suddenly the intercom buzzed.

"Yes?"

"There a woman here calling her self Betty. She claims she's a close friend and guardian of Susan and that Nancy stole her."

"Send Betty to me Mary."

 

Betty was overjoyed to see Susan again.

"Susan!" Betty cried causing Susan to cover her ears.

"Sorry it's just that I never thought I would see you again."

"So you’re Betty. I'm Mr. Simpson, her boss."

"Nice meeting you sir. Wish I could say the same for your secretary."

"Yes Susan was telling me about Nancy. Never knew she had a gun. I'll have a talk with her."

"If I had my way I would shrink her." Betty remarked.

"Don't give him ideas."

"What are you talking about?" Betty asked Susan.

"Never mind, just get me out of here." Susan replied.

 

One of the first things Susan asked for she got home was some clothes.

"What happened to the ones that were shrinking with you?" Betty asked.

"Nancy made me strip and they must be at her place somewhere."

"What did Nancy do to you anyway?"

"It wasn't just Nancy. There was a whole gang called the petite club." Susan then started shivering in fear.

"It's ok, they can't hurt you anymore." Betty then gently stroked Susan.

"Thanks, do we have anything that will fit me?"

"The smallest clothes I bought are made for a three inch doll." Betty replied. "Wonder if Sizechanger for Hire can shrink some clothes for you."

"But they said can't help us."

"Have any other ideas?"

"Search the net for clues for Wishbone's location." Susan replied.

"I'll call Sizechanger for Hire. Maybe I'll have better luck than you."

 

Tracey: "Sizechanger for hire. How can I help you?"

Betty: "I was wondering if you shrink clothes small enough that they would fit a 2.25 inch tall women."

Tracey: "This wouldn't happen to be for Susan would it?"

Betty: "How did you know?"

Tracey: "We have caller id.  Susan is causing a lot of fuss. Nancy nearly exploded when we told her that we won't shrink you."

Betty: "Nancy wants me shrunk?"

Tracey: "She's quite upset with you. Then Mr. Simpson showed up asking how much it would cost to shrink Nancy. Currently the petite club and Mr. Simpson are in a bidding war, whoever loses will get shrunk. As for Susan, I'll try to sneak some shrunken clothes to her."

Betty: "Thank you."

 

"How did it go?" Susan asked.

"Tracey is going to try to sneak some clothes to you." Betty replied.

"Good. In the meantime can I have something to eat? I haven't eaten since supper."

 

To be continued