- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A man will be involved in a lot of size change as he struggles to gain his height back. the question is, will he ever grow back?

“For real?” She asked. Having it hard to believe he had just started making a conversation on that.

“Yeah, for real.” He replied. Meaning that he wasn´t kidding.

“Don´t you think that´s a bit… superficial?” The lady asked.

 

Right now, we´re at a coffee shop. A place to chill, and drink some coffee. Or maybe, to work on something while you´re out of your place. Or, for some, a place to have a casual date. And what a better idea for that than a blind date?

Well, it´s not quite a blind date, in fact, he´s seen this lady before. Not personally, but on her profile. Her name´s Aurora. A pretty lady, with blue eyes that shine, so clear that they can almost look through you. Her skin´s pale and her hair´s of a raven color. Oh, and she stands at an outstanding 6´3”. With a thin, yet voluptuous, body.

 Now, the man in front of her, he´s Kyle. The average guy. Standing at 5´11”, therefore, Aurora´s an amazon! Compared to him, and other men.

 

Now, what´s the deal? Well, each has a profile on this dating app. They matched and, well, let´s just say this isn´t going as planned. At least not as he planned.

Kyle´s a man on his twenties, 26-years-old to be precise. And a bit tired of being single. He created a profile about two years ago, since dating wasn’t his forte. He´s a bit… picky when it comes to women. Not too much, but height´s one of his red flags. He cannot date women taller than him. Which makes women of six-feet-tall, or more, out of the list. Or even women his height.

As he thinks, heels exist, and if they are the same height, well… he´s about to explain it right now.

 

“Superficial? No, I´m just… realistic. Let´s say… you wore heels. Imagine, a woman like you, with heels? You´d be like… seven-feet-tall!” He said.

Aurora wasn´t mad, or upset. Not even trying to argue with him. Right now, she was just having fun with the man. Smiling, since she knows it´s all under control. Her control. But he´ll be soon to know.

“I wouldn´t be that tall. It would also depend on the heel. Say… a pair of, for me, regular high heels, of about 4-inch tall. Should make me… 6´7”.” She said, landing a punch on him right where she wanted. His ego. His frail, male ego.

“Shit! 6´7”? That´s… like a whole foot taller than me!” Yeah, Kyle´s insecure when it comes to height. And exaggerating, it´s not a whole foot, it´s about eight-inches. But this, his insecurity about height, that´s something she likes… but not for the reasons you might think.

“So? Women can be taller than men. There´s no problem on that. If my anatomy´s taller, larger than yours, then that´s just natural.” She said.

“Sure, it´s natural. And there´s no problem on that. However… if we were to date… I mean, don´t get me wrong, but I don´t want to date a woman that´s like… a full head taller, you know. No offense.”

“Well, for someone who doesn´t want to be offensive, you seem to talk about tall women as if they were an issue.” She said.

“What? No. No, I just, all I´m saying is, a tall woman should not date a man shorter. Or, a short man should not date a taller woman. From my point of view, men should be taller, at least when we´re talking about couples.” He´s got some strong arguments, at least strong according to him.

“So, how about men who prefer taller women? I´ve seen guys who are like… 5´7”, and they are dating 6´ women. Should that not be allowed?” The main difference amongst a couple is their height, it´s not like everyone´s dating someone who´s as tall as they are.

“Well, no but… I mean, based on this particular scenario. You and me, I… how tall are you, exactly?” He asked, just to make some sort of point.

“I´m 6´3” on my bare feet.” She replied.

“I´m 5´11”, so, between you and I, there´s about… four inches, four whole inches in height difference. Don´t you think that´s like… a lot?”

“Not at all.” She said. Aurora had an idea, a bit naughty, but he´s soon to confirm if it´s too naughty or just exactly what he needs.

 

Kyle knew this wasn´t going anywhere. She´s not his type, he knew it since they first met, outside the shop, and as soon as he learned she was looming above him, it was just a matter of time before the date was over. A short matter of time.

Aurora´s not a bad lady. She´s kind, she´s pretty, smart. Easy to talk to. But the thing is… she´s an amazon!

Therefore, his plan was to look for a way out. But she was so nice. It´s a shame he makes no exception to this one rule. NO TALL GIRLS. And it´s also a shame the app doesn´t allow you to add your height on it.

 

“Listen, Aurora. You´re nice and, I know you´re a great person but… I don´t think this is going to work…” He started, about to use the cheesy “it´s not you, but me…”.

“I know.” She said, not regretting anything, or appearing to be sad at all.

“Uhm… you…?” He started, but she´s going to finish.

“I knew you were afraid of my height the second you saw I was tall. I would´ve been fine if you were a bit intimidated, but this! It´s as if you´re scared! What? Afraid people think you´re short? Or, are you just upset because you didn´t reach the six-foot-mark? Whatever that is, let me tell you something, that´s VERY superficial. And that´s a shame, because I thought you were cute.” Aurora stated.

“Yeah, that´s also one of the things… if you weren´t so much taller, instead of cute, you would´ve said handsome…”

“Ugh, you know what. Maybe it´s time for you to learn a lesson. Because, right now, I´m not the problem. It´s YOU.” Lesson? What kind of lesson?

“Listen, I don´t think you should make such a big deal here. I think we should both go our own ways. You know…” Was she about to beat him up or something? Or what kind of lesson? Yelling, maybe? She doesn´t seem as the kind of woman who´ll make such a fuss, but he doesn´t know her.

In fact, he doesn´t know her. At all, else, he would know Aurora´s someone special. Someone with power, magical powers…

“Oh, don´t worry, no one will know. No one but you, and me. I have something special in mind for you. For a man so fixed in the height of a woman. I know what you think, that your first thought about me was that I was a giraffe! And all because I was just taller than you. Now, how about we put a bit of a spell on it…” She was about to put a spell on him. Which is something he doesn´t believe in.

“Spell? Come on, are you kidding me? Only because I said you and I wouldn´t work?” In his mind, he wonders, why does women need to overreact when they are rejected? But this wasn´t the case.

 

Kyle didn´t trust her words, what was she going to do? Get a voodoo doll and start stabbing it with needles? Get some of his hair and make a potion? Use a picture or something. What?

Kyle doesn´t believe in any of those things. However, when her blue eyes suddenly shined. A beam of light making a tour around her pupil, he did swallow. That wasn´t so normal. Maybe there was an explanation, right? The lights out there. Maybe someone flashed as they took a picture. Her eyes can´t just… shine, right?

“Kyle, from now on, every time you think on a woman´s height, there will be consequences. So, I´d be more careful if I was you. You wouldn´t want to start arguing about height again…” she warned him. And in that warning, there were no lies.

 

Aurora then stood up, and swaying her sensuous hips, she walked away. Leaving the man a bit frightened.

Kyle felt something weird on him. Or was it just that he was suddenly conscious about his body? When everything´s fine, you feel amazing! But when something´s off, even the wind blowing through your body sends some mixed signals to your brain.

As if you were paranoid about getting sick. The thing is, will he? Should he be worried about what she said? Maybe it was some sort of warning, as if she was saying this will be a big problem to him in the future.

“I… I´m glad we didn´t order anything…” He said after he came back to his senses. Still with a few thoughts on what she said, but getting back to his reality.

 

What could she possibly have done? There´s no way it´s something real. At the end of the day, he´ll get back to his apartment. Reheat something for dinner, and watch TV until he feels tired enough to sleep. And then, he´s got work to do tomorrow.

Whatever that lady had said, it won´t interfere with his life. He´s got work to do, places to be. Stuff he needs to get done. Bills to pay, people to talk to. He´s got a life on his own, and this woman´s words, they don´t mean a thing.

 

“Yeah, sure, as if she can cast a spell on me…” Well, the thing is… she can. And he´ll be soon to see…

 

Kyle did as it was said. He got out of the coffee shop. Spend a bit more time downtown. Checked some messages on his phone. Hopped on a bus back to his apartment. Once there, he took a shower.

Still, while he was showering, he made sure to check on his body. Was he feeling ill? Or just paranoid about what she said? There´s no way she can do something, right?

“Don´t worry. You didn´t eat, or drink, anything there. There´s no way she had poisoned you. Not even a goodbye kiss… you´re fine.” He reassured to himself.

Even if he didn´t believe anything she said was real, he was still concerned. What if this woman was crazy? Can she actually do something to him?

Well, she doesn´t know where he lives. He´s sure she didn’t follow him home. Plus, the app doesn´t share any of that information, so he´s safe.

The thing is, what she said, is done.

 

Later that night, after tiring himself with TV, he went to bed. But the real deal started when he was asleep. Deeply asleep.

Everything was fine, regular. His body was just getting the rest he needed before starting a new day. But then, he heard something.

He had nothing in mind, but he could hear a voice, a female voice. One that was creeping his mind. A voice that said:

“From now on, every time height comes up in one of your conversations. There will be a change. Whether you end up loosing height, or the other person ends up gaining height. It will all depend on what they think. If I were you, I´d be careful with that…” and so, he woke up, in the middle of the night.

His body was covered in sweat. Was that real? That felt real? He rapidly turned on the lights, to make sure no one was there. Eventually, he went back to sleep, ignoring what will come tomorrow…

 

Don´t think Kyle´s a deuce, he´s an average guy. Kind, respectful, responsible. However, when it comes to height… that´s kind of a big deal to him.

Could it be because he´s 5´11” and not fully 6´? Not quite. There´s something that has always been a bit of… an annoyance to him. And that´s height. Not his height, but the height of those who are taller. And by those, we mean women.

Why is that? He´s not even sure. Does he secretly prefer tall women and he just doesn´t know how to control himself? So, as a coping mechanism, he immediately rejects them before they reject him? It´s well known women prefer taller men, at least the majority; therefore, if he´s not a lot taller than a lady, or worse, if he´s shorter than her, then there´s a chance he´ll get rejected instantly.

Or maybe, he´s just jealous? Wanting to be, not just 6´, but actually to be a 6´3” man. Or even above that? Is he frustrated because he´s not taller? Then, he takes it off on women who are actually taller?

In the end, when it comes to height, especially if there´s a tall lady in the room, things get awkward for him…

 

The next morning, after a not so good sleep, but still good enough. Kyle went straight for a shower, grabbed whatever for breakfast and then, he went off to work.

Straight to the office, his second home. Spending quite some time there. Working on a nine-to-five basis. Everyday, from Monday to Saturday.

This job doesn´t give him a lot of free time, but his paycheck´s good enough so… small sacrifices. In the end, when he´s retired, it will all be worth it. Hopefully…

 

Kyle went straight to his desk. Not much interactions on the way there. His mind was still focused on that lady from yesterday. Now, not so worried about her “spell”, he woke up the same. He even checked his body again in front of the mirror. Nothing out of normal.

And now that his mind was set on that woman, well, it was time to think of her, but leaving the weird stuff aside.

“I must admit, when she left… she had a nice butt.”  Well, he didn´t waste a chance to peek at her. To glimpse at her body as she was standing.

She´s too tall, that´s still a fact. But she´s the most proportional tall lady he´s met. Her legs were long, shapely, and thick. Not just long and skinny, no; Aurora´s legs were built in the most succulent of ways, and so was her beautiful, peach-shaped, butt.

He certainly would´ve loved to get somewhere with her. But she was too tall for him. Tall to the point where he couldn´t ignore it.

“6´3” is waaaay too much. However, her boobs were amazing!” Big, round, firm breasts. Certainly G-cups, at least.

 

But, even if Aurora had the body of a Venus, a shape that most men will desire. The deal breaker was her height.

They started chatting, but his discomfort was visible. After a couple minutes, he had no choice but to stop her and say: “I don´t think this is gonna work.” And we know what happened next.

Aurora wasn´t upset, just disappointed. But that was at first. As he continued speaking, he dug and dug a deeper grave. And, at some point, she decided she wouldn´t let him go that easy. No, Kyle needed to learn a lesson. Some manners.

He may not have believed what she said, but she wasn´t lying. He´ll learn, how? You´ll see…

 

Kyle spent a couple hours going through some numbers. He had totally forgotten about Aurora, and the date, by then.

After things were done, it was time for a break. Time to get some coffee. Some caffeine on the system to make sure it works on it´s optimal conditions. Plus, it should help with the lack of sleep.

 

When he got to the lunch room, he met his buddy, Jim. Who was just a tat taller. Standing at six-foot-even.

“Hey Jim, what´s up?” He said.

“Not much, man. How about you? Hey, what happened with your date last night?” Jim was aware of the date.

“Well… it was… it didn´t work.” He admitted.

“It didn´t? What happened?” Jim asked.

“Well, she was… tall.” Kyle replied, making an emphasis on the word “tall”.

“Tall? Like…?” Jim was unaware of his issues with taller women.

“Tall like… too tall. The lady was like 6´3”. That´s way above the limit.” Kyle said.

“Oh, right, the “limit”. I forgot you had that issue with women´s height.” Jim said, and then he took a sip of his coffee.

“It´s not an issue. It´s just a rule. More like a preference. You know, like not dating women who smoke or… women too old.” He explained.

“Yeah, but, I mean, it´s just a date, you don´t have to marry her. But at least I know nothing happened.” Jim said. Making Kyle feel as if he´s the only one with those issues.

 

In fact, he felt so tired about it that he actually wanted to make a point. How? Well, getting the opinion of a third party. In this case, some other ladies at the room.

“Listen, it wasn´t going to work either way. Women like taller men. Not vice versa. Let me show you.” Jim rolled his eyes, Kyle really wanted to make a point. And it didn´t matter if he had to bother some other people to do so.

 

There were some other women chatting over there. Both about an average height. 5´5” and 5´7”. Right now, just like at the coffee shop, Kyle was about to make it all about height. Which seems to be a very important deal to him.

Kim just followed him to see how this goes. It wasn´t his idea, and he wasn´t excited to find out, but he wanted to see what they had to say.

 

But there´s a thing here, a BIG deal. This is exactly what Aurora warned him about. One of the things he should be avoiding. Yet, there he goes. No one even asked him and now, height´s a big deal. AGAIN.

Seriously, he does seem to have an issue with that. And now, he´s carrying his friend Jim into asking women if they prefer taller men or shorter men. But, little does he know, this is going to be the very beginning of his lesson…

 

Chapter End Notes:

There´s four chapters of this story available at my patreon, here´s a link:

https://www.patreon.com/Mine1234