- Text Size +

Chapter three

 

Chairwoman: “Have the votes been cast?

Members: ” Yes chairwoman.”

Chairwoman: “What is the verdict?”

Members:  “To keep the Katie project going for now.”

 June 2, 1998

Dr. Howard and Kevin watched the sleeping form of Katie waiting for her nightly growth spurt to occur.

“Are you sure about the timing Doc?” asked Kevin.

“Positive her growth always takes place between midnight and 1 am. Ah here we go.”

A faint glow engulfed Katie, as her body increased its length by one percent of it pervious height. The whole process only took a minute to complete.

“Does she feel anything when she grows?” asked Kevin.

“Not when she asleep, when she awake, she reports a surge of energy and a slight stretching sensation. Come it’s late, we should let her rest.”

 

June 6, 1998 Katie height: 9 feet 9 1/2 inches

Kate looked over the morning paper, it was getting harder to read the articles. As she was reading, Kevin walked in the door.

“What’s up beautiful?” he asked.

“Same old news.” She replied as she put the paper back on the table.

“Kevin, what’s going to happen to me? I mean how am I going to live. I had to give up that part time office job because of a too low ceiling.”

“Well Katie you don’t need to eat. As for work, there are jobs for giantess out there. Construction and tourism for example. Acting as a billboard for a fund-raiser is also a possibility.  So all you have to worry about is shelter. My tent takes care of your shelter needs at least for now.”

“Do you expect me to stay in a tent forever?’

“No, did I every tell you have beautiful green eyes.”

“Don’t change the subject, you know I love your flattery. Ah what’s the use, have a hug on me.” She then hugged him so tightly that his bones started to snap.

“K-atie you are hurting me.”

“Sorry Kevin, I guess I don’t know my own strength.”

“That’s all right, I just need some air.”

“Why don’t we head for that park in Treeville.”

“Good Idea, let’s go.”

Meanwhile in the park in question;

Giles Washburn sat down on the park bench as he did every Saturday to read the paper. The news was not good, calls for anti shrinking laws in the US where thousands had been shrunk. MILTARY CLASHES WITH GIANTESS was of the top on one page which listed half a dozen clashes of varying severity. Giles got a chuckle, out of the story of the two Quebec giantess, one pro sovereignty the other for a united Canada. They been fighting each other for weeks with no end in sight. Leaving a wasteland Quebec in their wake. While Giles was reading the ad for an upcoming documentary on the GTS Lovers of America, his friend Stanley Charm showed up.

“Hello Giles”

Giles looked up from the paper “Stanley how you been?”

“Not good, I’m thinking of moving my restaurant to another universe.”

“How come?”

“I fear for the future of your world”

Giles started to ask why, when he saw a beautiful giantess coming up the path, boyfriend in tow.

“Do you know who that is?’ Asked Giles

“Unfortunately yes is Katie Spencer with her friend Kevin. Time for me to leave.”

But it was too late, for Katie had spotted Stanley.

“Well, well, it’s Mr. chaos himself. Just how many lives have you ruined Mr. Charm.”

“I’m not responsible for the wishes people make, besides some people have had good wishes. Have you heard of the wishbone fan club?”

“I don’t care, I should just rip your head off.”

“Katie no.” cried Kevin, but Kate paid him no mind, she literally ripped Stanley’s head off. To everyone but Stanley’s surprise he didn’t die.

“I didn’t know you were immoral Stanley.” Commented Giles.

“It a long story, can you please reattach my head?”

“Do it yourself.” Cried Katie as she when off in a huff. Leaving Giles to reattach Stanley’s head.

“Honey you got to learn to control your temper.”

‘I’m sorry Kevin It just when I think of how many lives he ruined, I just loose it.”

 

June 27, 1998 Kate’s height 12 feet 0.87 inches

Katie approached her house. To her dismay it looked a lot smaller than on her last visit. She had to double over to get in the door, even then it was a tight fit. Her parents tried to make her comfortable; but the best they could do was provide some blankets for her on the floor.

“What am I going to do? I’m getting too big to go inside my own house.”

“Have you tried this?” her mom asked, she passed her a bottle with the label

SHRINKDRINK

The more you drink the more you shrink

“No I haven’t, I’ll give in a shot.” She then drank half the bottle. She waited for something to happen, but for a bad taste in her month nothing happened.

“How long is this supposed to take?” Kate asked after an hour had passed.

“About ten to twenty minutes.” her dad replied.

“I should be shrinking.” She cried.

“Maybe you’re shrinkdrink proof” commented her mother.

“Or else it’s defective batch. If only we had somebody besides ourselves to test it on.” Cried her father.

“I’m your man.” Said a voice from the front door who went on to say “ Name Blair Shrink, a local member of  GTS Lovers of America. I’ll always wanted to be shrunk in front of a giantess.”

“Well if you really want to.” Mrs. Spencer handed Blair the bottle, he drowned the liquid in a series of quick gulps.  Within ten minutes he started to shrink, and didn’t stop until he was eight inches tall.

“That answer’s that question.” Katie said with a sigh.

 June 28 1998

“That was a risky move Katie.’” Kevin told Katie, the instant he saw her.

“I felt I was too big, besides it turns out I didn’t shrink an inch.”

“It weird, how potions don’t seem to work on you. What’s you watching?’

“A documentary on the GTS Lovers of America, some how I got the feeling their going to be a problem to me.

 

June 28, 1998 Katie height 12 feet 2.3 inches

Katie found herself drifting in and out of sleep only parts of the documentary reaching her brain.

…At first they were few and far between, but with the arrival of the Internet, the GTS Lovers of America came together as a group. They were harmless until the night Sally Turner went to Wishbone and wished that shrink and grow drinks be on the menu. At first the GTS Lovers used the drinks on themselves, but by mid may, non members were being shrunk or made to grow into a giantess…

…There are no laws against shrinking people, indeed there is evidence that some people. shrunk themselves. There are even reports of shrinking contests, where men( and woman) drank shrinkdrink, to see how small they could get. Some people are believed to have shrunk to dust mite size. Other people want to be fifty or sixty foot woman…

…The military was always wary, of the GTS Lovers of America even before the navy base indecent, where the drinks were spiked with shrinkdrink, caused the troops to shrink to doll size…

… some members used wishes directly to make havoc, the best example of this is Tanya Roland who wished for every male at New England university to shrink to six inches in height…

…In recent weeks, shooting shrinkdrink at giantess has proven to be an effective weapon.….

… Despite daily clashes with police and military, most giantess had a girls just want to have fun attitude. No serious attempts to control the world or to destroy it have so far been made. Lack of cooperation between the groups of giantess, may be one of the reasons for this….

Katie looked around, she was on a white plane, which got replaced by a party scene, American flags were flying, the Star Spangled Banner was being played. Giantess and tiny people were everywhere. Suddenly a brunette burst through a nearby building. Growing and growing.

“I’m the empress, obey me!!” she bellowed. She then attacked the crowd, coming closer and closer.

Katie found herself in her tent. “What a nightmare.” she said to the night air.

 

June 29 1998 Katie height 12 feet 3.8 inches

Kevin at Katie request, brought out profiles of known GTS Lovers of America members, trying to find the woman who called herself empress.

“Any luck?” Kevin asked.

“Not yet. I feel she be at the planned party on the American independence day. Yet I don’t she her here. Have you seen some of the profiles here?”

“Not really, this is an interesting one,

Ms. Jennifer Mack

Lansing, Michigan

Height 100 feet

Gentle giantess, been known to help people in time of need and go partying on Friday nights.”

They went through some more profiles, then Katie said;

“Can you believe this one,

Mrs. Robin Hines

New York City, New York

Height 5 feet 10 inches

Likes to shrink people, inventor of man dogs”

“What are man dogs?”

“Men that are shrunk down to six inches, then placed in a hot dog bun and then eaten like a hot dog.”

“Gross, I think it time to drop these profiles, before I lose my lunch.”

 

July 4, 1998 Katie height 12 feet 11.3 inches

Katie watched the live coverage of the GTS Lovers of America party in Michigan. It was quite a sight as cheerleaders ranging in height from 100 to 300 feet kept the military from spoiling the party.

“Still feel something is going to happen?” Kevin asked.

“More than ever.” She replied.

 

While Katie was talking, Shelly Murphy was joining the party. She wasn’t planning on coming, but a voice told her, to come to the party.

“Why am I here? I want to be powerful, but these giantess remind me, how insignificant I am.”

Then she herd the voice again. It told her to crawl onto a bean located over a room in the back of the party headquarters. She did as she was told. The bean was weak so it broke under her weight. She found herself falling, into a vat of growth potion.

 

I’m drowning she thought, then she felt herself growing, she burst out of the vat, then trough the roof, towering over the other giantess. On she grew only stopping when she reached a height of a thousand feet.

 

“It’s her.” Katie exclaimed,” That woman who burst through the building is the empress of my dream.”

 

Shelly looked around her. Everything had gotten tiny, even those big cheerleaders. I’m the most powerful woman here. Then the voice made a suggestion. After thinking about for a few seconds, she addressed the partygoers before her.

“Greetings subjects. My name is Shelly Murphy, but please call me Empress.”

“Empress of what?” a giantess called Barbara asked.

“The world, it belongs to us giantesses not men or woman under six feet in height.”

 

“She purposing a matriarchy?” Dr. Howard asked.

“Shelly wants to rule the world, this talk is to giantess and amazons on her side.” Katie replied.

“You’re a giantess Katie, what’s your answer to her call.” Kevin asked.

“Do you have to ask? I feel she going to be the worst thing to happen to this planet, in a long time. “

To be continued