- Text Size +
1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author note: This was one of the first GTS stories I ever wrote. It shows the early days of Katie Spencer’s growth.

 

Taller

Chapter 1

 March 27 1998

Katie Spencer was a small woman, only four feet, ten inches tall. This was a fact of life she hated. She was the shortest one in her family by several inches. And she was by far the shortest girl at her university classes. While she had red hair, and the rest of her body was well shaped, she considered herself unattractive.

One day, Katie and a couple of girlfriends, decided to check out a new restaurant called Wishbone. Katie was having a good time until she saw the waitress Brenda. Who made her feel like a dwarf.

“Maybe, this isn’t such a good idea.” Katie said to her friends. Her Friends who knew of Katie’s size insecurity said

“Relax Katie, that waitress, got to be eight feet tall, she makes every one feel small.”

After scanning the menu, Katie decided to ask about the wishbone meal deal. She was astonished to find out that the wishbones could grant you one wish. Her friends on the other hand were sceptical and teased her when she ordered the wishbone meal deal.

“You can have your Morpher  delight pizza, Patty, or your Health Plus meal Kelly. I’m going to make a wish on my wishbone.”

True to her word, when she reached the wishbone she said

“I wish I was taller.”

“You have been wishing that for years.” Kelly pointed out.

That night when Katie, go home, she got out the tape measure, to check her height, to her disappointment there was no change.

“I should have known better.” Katie told herself, she went to bed. What she didn’t realize, was that wishes, usually, takes time to work. When Katie, woke up the next morning she was 0.58 inches taller.

 March 30 1998

It was on this Monday morning, Katie realized she was growing; for the increasing tightness of her clothes was getting too hard to ignore. Going up to the measuring tape on the wall, she found her height was now four feet 11 2/3 inches.

“At least I’m taller than I was before. I hope I reach five ten.” Katie said to herself as she headed off to school.

 March 31 to April 24 1998

As the days and weeks passed Katie started to experience growing pains. She was always growing out of her clothes. Her bank account was shrinking and her friends were starting to desert her. Except for Penny, who was secretly delighted to have Katie grow and grow.

When Katie reached the six foot two inch mark, she went to her family doctor (who she hadn’t seen in a year) who was astonished by the change.

“People don’t grow, 19 inches in the space of a year.” He cried.

After several days of monitoring, her doctor detected a pattern.

“Your height is increasing by one percent each night.” He told her.

“Can you stop my growth?” Katie asked.

“I don’t even know what’s causing it. I just don’t buy your wishbone wish story. Something more is at work.” The doctor replied.

 

April 24 1998 Kate’s height 6 feet 4.7 inches

Katie was watching TV, noticing how weird the ads had become since wishbone came to town.

Screen shows devastation, homes and tress are flatten, a voice then says, “Do you have GTS insurance? This homeowner though he was prepared for any natural disaster. But he didn’t count on a Giantess roaming through his backyard.  Whenever a giantess strikes your neighbourhood, insure your propriety and loved ones With GTS Rampage insurance.”

 

“What if, you’re the giantess, are you liable?” Katie asked herself. The next ad was just as weird.

“Have you or a loved one been shrunk, we at “Little Ones Insurance Agency” can help you get the compensation you deserve. Call (902)455-tiny for more information”

 

“No good to me.” Thought Katie.

It was the third ad that caught her eye.

 

“Have you been burned by wishbone? Then join me, Ben Homer at the big Anti wishbone rally Wednesday night at the Scotia Dome. Together we’ll show Stanley Charm what we think of his wishbones.”

 

April 29, 1998 Katie height 6 feet 8 ½ inches

There was a dozen, people at the really, to the great disappointment of Ben Homer, he was hoping a few hundred people would show up. Ben decided to go ahead with the rally anyway. He started the event by introducing himself, and then when on to tell his tale of woe, ending in his exile from his home world.

“But enough about me, let’s hear your stories, let’s start with the lady to my left. Your name ms?”

“Flora Myers.” The lady responded  “ two weeks ago me and Harold went to wishbone, where I wished I had Harold in the palm of my hand.”

“Where’s Harold now? Asked Ben.

“He’s right here.” Flora then opened up her hand to reveal a tiny two inch tall man.

“The reason why, were fighting Wishbone is the fact I don’t want to take care of Harold. The only way, I’ll keep him, is if I get compensation.”

“Did you try the Little one insurance agency?” a member of the group asked.

“Yes, I did, but they told me, they don’t accept people who make wishes at wishbone.”

“I had the same problem with GTS Rampage insurance.” Commented Ben.

“Let’s move on to the next case. What’s your name my young Amazon?”

It took Katie a moment to realize, Ben meant her. She spent the next twenty minutes telling her story, at the end of which, she was asked by Harold.

“How was the wishbone, supposed to know how tall you wanted to be?”

“What do you mean Harold?”

“From the way you worded your wish, you could meant anything from a inch taller to miles tall.”

Other people went on to tell their stories, but Katie didn’t hear them, for she was scared stiff by Harold’s words.

The next day, Katie decided to confront Stanley Charm and ask him to call off his wishbone.

 

April 30, 1998 Katie height 6 feet 9.3 inches

Stanley Charm was not having a good day. His customers were starting to mess with the menu.

“Brenda, since when do we have shrink and growth drinks on the menu?”

“The GTS Lovers of America, were here last night, they probably changed the menu. Oh, there a Katie Spencer to see you and she looks upset.”

“Send her in, Brenda.”

“Hello Mr. Charm, my name is Katie, can you please call off your wishbone?”

“What exactly did you wish for?” asked Stanley.

“I wished to become taller; but I only want to grow a foot or so, not this out of control growth.”

Stanley looked at Katie sadly, then said,

“You should have stated your desired height in your wish. There’s nothing I can do for you now.”

“Can’t you make a wish to correct mine?” asked Katie.

Stanley started to answer and then clamed up, as if someone had put a gag on him. Katie got so frustrated that she literally shook Stanley, but he remained silent. If it wasn’t for the crowed restaurant, she might have flatten him then and there.

 

While Katie was at Wishbone, the doomsday society was holding one of their monthly progress report meetings.

“Welcome, fellow doomsayers.” The chairwoman boomed.

“What our goal doomsayers?” asked the chairwoman.

“THE DESTRUCTION OF EARTH’S FOR KICKS “ Shouted the assembly.

“And how do we destroy these planet’s?” asked the chairwoman.

“BY USING GIANTESS” replied the assembly.

“Now that we got that out of the way, what’s our first order of business?”

“The Katie project madam.” Replied the records keeper.

“As yes, Katie, who is in charge of it?’

“I am” replied Penny.

“What’s her current status Penny?”

“Well, were trying to avoid our pervious mistakes, so I hired some people, to make some improvements on her wish.”

“What improvements would that be?”

“We made sure, that one but one of us could make a wish to stop her growth. Then we made her immune from the laws of physics so, she won’t collapse under her own weight or die from overheating. We also made her shrink drink proof so Katie won’t fall victim to shrinking woman fans. For finishing touches we took away her need for food and air. Unless we say so, she is now immoral. But chairwoman there is one problem, Katie, already feels she’s too tall, I don’t think she wants to be an instrument in my world’s destruction.”

“Her wishes are unimportant, and I suggest that you get Katie’s attitude in line with our goals.”

“Excuse me, madam chairwoman.” A man from the front row, interrupted,

“What about Stanley Charm, isn’t he going to catch on, to our world destroying plans?”

“I took care of him personally.” Penny replied. “I wished that he would be unable to tell a soul about our plans.”

“That’s good wishing Penny, now let’s get on to the next order of business.”

 

May 05, 1998 Katie height 7 feet 1 ½ inches

Katie was finding it harder to drive her car. The lack of head room was really getting annoying. She was tempted to just rip the top off the car.  But it was her folks car, so she felt she needed permission to do so.

That night Katie met with her folks but the meeting didn’t go well.

“I’m getting concerned Katie; at the rate your growing you won’t be able to attend university in the fall, unless they raise the ceilings. Doctor Howard called, he assembled a group of scientists to run some tests.” Said Mr. Spencer.

“I don’t want to be treated as a freak.” Replied Katie.

“No one is calling you a freak honey.” Mrs. Spencer replied,

“We just want to put a stop to this growth.”

“I’m not ready to become a test subject.” Responded Katie, and on that note the conversation ended.

 

After a night of watching the tube, Katie decided to hit the sack.

Katie found herself on a vast white plane the only feature in sight was a large sign saying

WELCOME TO YOUR POSSABLE FUTURE

Suddenly the scene vanished to be replaced with;

Welcome to GTS tower, where giantess stand in each other’s hands. Let’s meet this year tower, starting from the top down.

“Hello, my name is Brenda. I’m eight feet tall. I work at Wishbone. The giantess I’m standing on is Heather.”

“Yo, Heather here. I’m sixty feet tall. My job is to help keep order in the GTS worlds. The lovely girl, who’s hands I’m standing on is called Rose.”

“Thank you Heather, I’m Rose Crusher. I am a 600 foot blond GTS-goddess. I travel a lot, visiting towns and cities all over GTS space. Right now I’m currently standing in Marsha’s hand.”

“Hello, I’m Marsha, a science major at Scotia University.  I must say this is an interesting dream. I appear to be 5800 feet tall, yet I finding myself standing in the palm of a redhead.”

To Katie shock, she found herself holding the entire GTS tower in her hand.

“NO, I’m not going to get that big.” Cried Katie.

“This is a GTS story anything can happen.” Rose said.

 

Suddenly there was a cracking sound and Katie woke up on a collapsed bed.

“Are you all right honey?” asked Mrs. Spencer, who rushed in the room to see what was the matter.

“Just wrecked the bed mom. It’s time to call the doc and tell him, I’m ready to take those physical tests.”

 

To be continued