- Text Size +

Chapter 2

 

May 25 1998 Katie height 8 feet 8.3 inches

Bright sunshine filled the room, but the mood at the scientists meeting was anything but cheerful. Doctor Howard was addressing the group, with his concerns. Using a projector to show his alarming graphs

“As you can see from the graph, Katie growth rate has remained constant. Since she been to Wishbone her height has increased by 46.3 inches or 79.8 percent over her original height. What really worries me, is her future growth. If her growth continues, she reach 12 and a half feet by Canada day(July 1st) 23 feet by the start of September and 72 feet at Christmas. “

“How big, can she get? Asked Dr. Ruth Mater.

“Who knows?” Replied Howard.

“What about the US military?” asked Brian Conrad.

“This is Canada Brian the US military can’t come in unless we say so.” Replied professor Henry Hicks.

“Do you really believe that?” Conrad replied with voice dripping with sarcasm.

“It’s a moot point, the American military is currently tied up containing the chaos caused by the GTS lovers of America." Hicks responded.

“Gentleman, Katie growth is only part of an even larger mystery.”  Said Professor H Stone.

“What do you mean?” asked Howard.

“As part of our tests, we didn’t feed her for a week, she didn’t even weaken .” Stone replied.

“How dare you, do such a test?” cried Howard.

“The point is, she no longer needs food, her chemistry has been altered somehow. Also me and Dr. Mater, did some strength tests on Katie. Her strength is not following the laws of scale.” Stone then poked Ruth who said,

“What Mr. Stone is trying to say she her strength is keeping up with her increasing mass.”

“Does anybody know where the energy for growth and increasing strength is coming from?” Dr. Howard asked, when no one responded he then asked;

“Well what do you get when you put all the facts together?” Hicks asked the group.

“A GTS-goddess?” A strange voice replied.

“Who are you?” the scientists asked the stranger.

“Kevin Blair, the giantess expert from GTS space. Judging from what I’m over hearing, it sounds like you could have a GTS-goddess on your hands. “

“What exactly is a GTS-goddess?” Professor Hicks asked.

“A woman who existence defies the laws of physics. These women rule GTS space. They rely on their great size which is normally in the mega giantess range to rule over the loyal population.” Blair replied.

“What is the mega giantess range?’ Ruth asked.

“500 feet and over. If I make a suggestion Dr. Howard, you should extend you graph to allow for this possibility.”

“How do fight such a woman?’ asked one of the scientists.

“You don’t, you try reasoning with them instead. That’s why I’m interested in Katie, if she turns out to be a GTS-goddess, we’ll have a GTS-goddess working for Humanity not against it.”

“What do you suggest we do?”  Howard asked.

“Stop treating her, like a lab rat, and like a human being, where is she anyway?”

“Talking to her friend Penny in the testing bay.” Replied Howard

“You let a civilian into the facility.” Stone cried in out rage

“Have a heart, she needs outside contact, which reminds me, how are we to control the media?” asked Howard.

“Controlled interviews. Have only one or two media people here at one time and edit what they say.” Replied Blair.

“Agreed, now, if you come this way Mr. Blair I’ll introduce you to Katie.” Howard got up to take Mr. Blair by the hand.

“Thank you and please call me Kevin.”

 

Meanwhile:

Penny walked into the room, were Katie was being held and said

“Hey Katie, why are you letting them do this to you?”

Katie who was dozing, looked around for the source of the voice, then looked down.

“Oh hi, Penny. I must admit it’s frustrating at times, but what choice do I have?”

“You should tell these people to get lost.”

“These people are trying to help, to put a stop to this insane growth.”

“Maybe you’re growing for a reason. This opens up opportunities for you that you have never imagined.”

“What opportunities? To star in a monster movie? To be a freak?”

“Have you ever checked out the GTS stories on the web Katie?”

“Unfortunately yes, they are not encouraging, while there are some gentle giantess. There are far too many GTS that can best be described as bitches.”

“In what category would you place yourself?”

“I don’t like thinking of myself as a giantess, but if forced to make a choice, I rather be a gentle giantess.”

“I was afraid of that.” Penny thought to herself. Before the conversation could go any further Howard arrived with Kevin in tow.

“Katie I like you to meet, Kevin Blair.”

“Hello.” Katie said in a bored voice.

“Katie it may be hard to believe, but I feel that we’re going to be friends.” Kevin stepped forward, offering his hand in friendship. After a moment hesitation she shook it.

 

June 1, 1998 Katie height: 9 feet 3.85 inches

A lot happened in the week since Katie first meet Kevin Blair. The scientists and doctors with the exception of Dr. Howard and Kevin, got called for other assignments. Due to the chaos GTS lovers of America was causing, she was no longer a freak. But she still wanted to stop or at least control her growth. She found Kevin to be a very nice guy, and to her surprise, she got to like him a lot. So much so that Penny complained and then left in a huff.

 

It was due to this trust that Katie, told Kevin about her dreams, she still remembered the GTS tower nightmare, since then she had an even more terrifying nightmare,.

“You see Kevin, in the dream I found out I’m just the figment of a writer’s imagination, and that the whole world is his creation. “

“What is so scary about that?”

“I’m just one story idea along many, and what’s worst he thinking of pulling the plug on me. Kevin what does it all mean?”

Kevin sat in silence for a moment, he knew that woman who become GTS-goddess often had visions of their faith to be. But Katie was getting mixed signals.

“I don’t know Katie.” He replied.

 

Meanwhile in the universe next door, the doomsday society met for their monthly meeting. Several members were praising the success of their mega giantess.

Member 1: “As you can see with the success of Mega a.k.a. Michele Matherson it is now possible to have fast growing mega giantess. Slow growth is no longer necessary.”

Member 2: Speaking of slow growth, what’s up with the Katie project?”

Penny: “She still growing, but some unexpected events have taken place on my world. Thanks to GTS Lovers of America, giantess roam much of North America, and wide spread shrinking of people has taken place. In other words my world is destroying itself without Katie’s help.”

Member 2: “If that’s the case, what good is the Katie project? I mean she’s not as entraining to watch as Marsha or even Alice, two more examples of successful rapid growth I might add.”

Member 3: “Successful? Alice spends most of her time hiding.”

Chairwoman: “Can we please get back on track? I say we vote on whether or not to terminate Kate Spencer.”

Members: “As you wish.”

To be continued