- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Part 1 of probably 2, was having a bit of trouble finding time to finish this story so I decided to upload it in halves. Should be completed soon!

Maria had been relaxing all day, playing video games, and watching videos on her phone.

Suddenly, she got a message that read: “Hello, I have been a secret admirer of yours for a while now. So I wanted to give you a gift I think you will enjoy. Don’t worry about who I am. All that is important is that this gift will make all your wildest dreams come true. Have fun! - Your Secret Admirer”

Maria was a bit confused at what the message meant by making her wildest dream come true. And who was this secret admirer of hers? “It’s probably just a stupid prank,” Maria thought, returning to scrolling on her phone.

A few minutes later, Maria heard the doorbell ring. “Who could that be?” she wondered, getting up and walking to the door. Her feet slapped against the wood floor as she walked. When she reached the door, she opened it and saw no one there.  “Hello? Is anyone there?” She looked around, seeing no one. She was about to return inside when a small package on the ground caught her eye. “What could this be? She said as she picked up the unmarked box. “Could it be?” suddenly she got a text on her phone:

“Enjoy your gift <3”. Maria was creeped out a bit by this, but she was also curious about what could be in the box.

She then walked back inside and into her room, sitting at her desk and laying the box down. It was a small, white, unmarked clamshell box. It kind of looked like the box a ring is kept in before it’s given to someone. Maria reached out to open the box, the anticipation eating at her. She gently grasped the top half of the box and slowly opened it.

Inside the box was nothing but a gold toe ring, which appeared to have some kind of grey gem on it. “Well, that wasn’t what I expected but it looks super cute! The gem looks kinda weird though.” Maria grabbed the ring out of the box and brought it closer to her face to examine it. When she took a closer look at the gem, she realized that it wasn’t a gem at all: it was an entire model city, and a large one at that!

“Woah, this is insane… it looks so accurate, there are even little cars down there. Pretty hard to see though… wait are the cars moving?”

Maria could hardly tell since the cars were barely larger than dust to her but they did appear to be moving. “Does that mean those specks next to the roads are tiny model people? But how are they moving, they’re so small?” she said.

Maria was having a hard time believing what she was seeing. How in the world could anyone make such an accurate model of a city, and make the model cars and people move too? “They are models… right?” Maria was a bit overwhelmed by all these questions when her phone got a notification, but there was no new message. Instead, there was a new app on her phone, the icon was a Converse shoe about to step on a tiny city. The name of the app was “P.D.” which after opening the app, Maria learned stood for Pure Dominance. “Wonder what that could mean.”
When the app finished loading, it was pretty barren but there was a button labeled “toe ring” which Maria pressed.

The button opened a menu that had a couple of tabs, each of which had a ton of options. “Weather, Control, Needs, Social, Regenerate… what do these mean?” she said as she decided to tap the weather button, which brought up many options relating to weather and climate controlled by sliders. “What if I were to…” she said as she slid the rain slider from one side to the other, and almost immediately the sky in the ring darkened, and rain clouds were pouring down rain. “That’s amazing! So if I were to do this then…” she slid her finger across the screen and the torrent of rain turned into a flurry of snow.

Maria continued to play with the weather settings for a few minutes, she summoned tornadoes, lightning storms, and all other manner of natural disasters upon the minuscule city trapped in her toe ring. When she was finally satisfied she realized she had destroyed the tiny city.
“Aw, and just when I was having fun playing God with this little model city,” she remembered the regenerate tab. After opening it, it took her a second to scroll through all the options, “regenerate buildings, regenerate landscape, regenerate people. There we go, regenerate all!”. It only took a second after her finger touched the screen for everything that had been destroyed to regenerate exactly as it had been before Maria had destroyed it all.

“That’s insane, but how is any of this possible?” She went into the social tab which was a whole new app. It asked her to set up her account which she did. She took a selfie and made it her pfp, entered her name, and then she was put into a feed of posts that all seemed to be about “The massive blue-haired girl”, “The Goddess”, or just “The Giant”. Some of the posts seemed to love her, others hated her, and others still seemed worried about what she would do with them. 

Chapter End Notes:

Part 1 of probably 2, was having a bit of trouble finding time to finish this story so I decided to upload it in halves. Should be completed soon!