- Text Size +
Story Notes:


It was another ordinary day in the city, and the citizens were hard at work cleaning up after a bombastic battle between the latest giant invader and the city's three greatest protectors: Oriko Fujido, Madoka Ito, and Midori Kotobuki. Now Oriko and Madoka were sharing a celebratory lunch in Fujido Development Tower, enjoying some of the scrumptious cuisine that Oriko's enormous wealth could buy them.

Madoka hardly spoke a word while eating. That was nothing out of the ordinary—Oriko was used to her shorter friend going quiet on her during meals—but today Madoka wasn't even listening to her. It seemed that food wasn't the only thing on Madoka's mind, though Oriko wouldn't find out what was bothering her until they had finished eating.

“Oriko,” said Madoka, “have you ever thought that there's something suspicious about Midori?”

“No, I haven't. Why? Have you?” Oriko said, or at least she tried to say though she was still busy chewing.

“Maybe? I don't know. I just have a weird gut feeling that I can't shake off.”

“You should relax, Madoka! Midori does a good job around here. She's a great member of the team, and a really big help.”

“Well, yeah, I can't deny that, but... Even if you don't think she's suspicious, aren't you a bit curious about her personal life? Who she is, where she comes from, or even what she's like outside of work?”

“Of course not! Oriko Fujido respects all her friends' privacy!”

“Oh, really? 'Cause I think I remember you sneaking into my house to spy on me.”

“Gah! Th-that was only one time, and anyway it was a long time ago! I'm a different Oriko now!” she said, crossing her arms and nodding repeatedly as if agreeing with herself.

“So you definitely wouldn't want to pull that little stunt again at Midori's place?”

“Ah... well... I-I don't approve of it, of course... but if you insist on going I'll have to come along with you to make sure you infringe on her privacy too badly!”

“I wasn't proposing we should do that, actually,” said Madoka, but Oriko wasn't listening anymore; already she was detailing a plan too elaborate to have been made up on the spot. Anyway, even if Madoka hadn't actually intended to do spy on Midori like this, she couldn't waste this chance to learn a bit more about this reclusive member of their team.

-----

The girls met again some hours later in front of the Midori's apartment, wearing their catgirl disguises.

“So embarrassing,” Madoka said, tugging at the edges of her dress to see if she could make it cover just a little bit more skin. “I still don't get why we need to wear these. Is Midori supposed to take us for cats if she sees us? We could have just used any old disguise.”

“Now where's the fun in that? But enough about the outfits. Here; this one's for you.” Reaching into her cleavage, Oriko fished out a pair of shrink drink cans, handing one to Madoka and opening up the other one. Madoka found the can embarrassingly warm to the touch. Didn't Oriko have some other way to carry those things? “Okay, now bottoms up!”

“Hang on. Did you bring something to grow us back to normal if we get in trouble?”

“Don't worry, your dear Oriko thought of everything! There's a tiny can of the growth formula hidden in these outfits; after we shrink it pops out and we can use it whenever we need to!”

“That's pretty clever, if it works.”

“Trust me, it will! So now are you ready to do this? On three. One, two, three!”

As soon as Oriko finished counting, Madoka put the open can to her lips and threw back her head, chugging it down before any more doubts came to her. The drink went down easy, with a tangy, energizing flavor, and soon she and Oriko were both shrinking.

Madoka had expected they would end up a couple inches tall, like Oriko had been when she snuck into Madoka's room, but they shrank right past that size to end up at just a centimeter tall. “Oriko, are we supposed to be this small?” she asked, just as she noticed a small cylindrical object that had appeared right between her breasts. It was already slipping out, so she grabbed and inspected it, seeing that it was indeed the tiny can of growth formula that Oriko had mentioned.

“Since you found me so easily last time, I figured we should shrink smaller to stay hidden.” Oriko had a similar can in her chest too, though it lay far more securely between those big knockers of hers—even when they bounced it still didn't slip out. “Now let's get going! Midori should be getting home soon so we'd better find a good place to watch from.”

The both of them crawled under the door and entered Midori's apartment, which would have seemed big even at their normal size. The decorations were pretty minimalistic, with a few vases and some tasteful paintings up on the walls, though that seemed fitting for someone like Midori. Outside of that, the most interesting thing around was a model city block under that coffee table that had experienced a lot of abuse; up close they could see the places where it had cracked and been glued back together.

Just looking at the thing made Madoka nervous. She hadn't considered it before, but now she remembered clearly that Midori had a thing for being big and powerful, and there was no telling how she'd react if she found the two of them at this size.

“Huh. Weird that Midori has something like this. And in such a state, too! I thought she took better care of her things,” said Oriko, oblivious as ever to their friend's peculiar interest.

Madoka looked around, but there was nothing incrimination in the kitchen or living room. If there was such a thing to be found, it was probably in Midori's room. She turned to the shut door at the end of the hall, wondering what secrets it hid, but before she could suggest they look into it, the sound of another door opening caught her attention.

Both shrunken women looked to the entrance, where Midori had stepped inside. She was hot and sweaty, with sportier clothes than usual, and as always she carried her sword with her. “Looks like Midori was out training,” Oriko said as they watched Midori leave her shoes and socks at the entrance.

From the first step Midori took, the pair of shrunken women could feel the floor shaking under her heavy footfalls. She must have been really tired because her steps held none of their usual elegance; instead she slowly lumbered towards them, completely oblivious to the two tiny bugs in her path.

By then the two of them had started running for the models under the table. They had plenty of experience dealing with giants, so they weren't panicking, but they definitely didn't want to end up under Midori.

Despite Oriko's longer legs, it was the far more athletic Madoka who took the lead. She was already a few inches ahead when the shaking from Midori's steps became too strong and knocked the both of them flat on the ground, able only to watch as her giant foot swung closer.

Madoka could tell it was about to land on her even before the huge, sweaty sole appeared above her. Normally she would have made an effort to scurry away, but at her size a single whiff of that foot was enough to make her head swim. She couldn't even stand up, let alone run, before the giant mass of flesh fell on her.

The pressure under Midori was harsh, but what Madoka hated most was the sweat. It immediately covered the back of her body and soaked into her clothes, and was even oozing down to her front before Midori's foot went up again.

Madoka was relieved to be free from that pressure, but not even a second later she was flattened by another powerful stomp. It took a couple more before she realized that she was still stuck to Midori's sole, held fast by the sweat and grime accumulated over hours of intense training.

“Madoka! Hang on! I'll rescue you just as soon as I can!” Oriko shouted to her friend, though Madoka would never hear it with her ears still ringing from the heavy impacts of the giant foot.

She followed Midori into the kitchen, where her friend served herself a tall glass of water and sat at the table to drink. Lethargically holding her head in her hand, Midori kicked back her legs, leaving just her toes resting on the floor while her soles stood up in the air, giving Madoka some reprieve from being stomped flat. Even so, the tiny woman was stuck more firmly to Midori's foot than ever, especially when the sole scrunched up and she ended up half-buried in a foot wrinkle. She struggled to escape, but she couldn't make any progress. If only she managed to free her hands, she could have opened the can of growth formula and gone back to normal, but even that was beyond her power; all she could do was wait and watch as Oriko crossed the vast plain of the kitchen floor to rescue her.

It took Oriko a couple minutes to reach Midori's toes. “Hand on, Madoka! I'm here to save you now!” She climbed up on Midori's middle toe and from there started climbing up the giant, sweaty sole towards her shrunken friend, up near Midori's heel.

“What are you doing? Don't come up here! Just grow back and rescue me at your normal size,” Madoka shouted.

“No way! It would be so embarrassing if Midori found out we snuck into her apartment. It'll only be a little while, don't worry! I'll have you out of there in no time!” Oriko climbed steadily up the wrinkles of Midori's sole, dodging drops of sweat half her size and hanging on through minor movements of her foot. Finally she reached Madoka, and standing next to her friend she held on firmly to the giant sole and tried to pull her friend free. But Madoka was buried too deeply in Midori's wrinkle, held too firmly by the folds of her flesh. Even with Oriko doing everything she could to push them apart, the most Madoka managed was to get the can of growth formula out.

“It's no use, Oriko. Just take the can and help me drink the growth formula so we can grow back together. Better do it before Midori gets up again, or you'll be stuck with me until this wears off and she finds out about us anyways.”

Oriko sighed. “Okay, you're right, I admit it.” Still holding on to Midori's sole, she grabbed Madoka's can and deftly opened it with just one hand, then brought it up to her friend's lips and emptied it out in her mouth; Madoka had to chug it as quick as possible to keep it all from spilling out. After that Oriko chugged her own drink as well. She felt the growth energies swelling up inside her, and suddenly... poof! In the blink of an eye she was back to her normal size, lying on the floor with her hips under Midori's chair and her legs out under the table.

Midori spat out her drink. “O-Oriko!? What the–? Why are you in my home? And... what's with that cat outfit?”

“Eh, well, about that...” Oriko picked herself up and dusted herself off trying to regain her composure. “Madoka and I just thought we'd come over and give you a little surprise, only it didn't really go like we planned.”

“Madoka? She's here too?”

“Sure, don't you see her, she's right... ” Oriko looked for Madoka, but it was just the two of them in the kitchen. “That's weird. She was supposed to grow along with me. I wonder what happened?”

“Grow? So the two of you were... shrunk down?”

“Oh, yes. We were right over there when you stepped on her, then she ended up stuck on your foot and I came over to try and get her free.”

“You were both... under my feet?” Midori blushed and her breathing became heavier at the thought of having those two women as mere bugs under her soles. If only she'd paid more attention, she could have found them and shown them her power.

Oriko continued lie she hadn't noticed anything. “When I couldn't free her, we both drank out growth formulas and then I grew. But Madoka... Could you lift up your foot? Maybe her drink was defective and she's still down there.” Midori did so eagerly, but they found nothing, and Madoka wasn't on the floor either. She seemed to have disappeared into thin air. “I don't get it. I definitely saw her drink the growth formula, so she definitely should have grown back with me. Even if it didn't work, she should still be the same size as before. I mean, it's not as if I gave her a shrink drink instea–”

Oriko's heart skipped a beat. Quickly she seized Midori's foot and yanked it up, and while Midori yelled and fell on her back, Oriko looked very closely at the spot where she remembered Madoka had been.

“Madoka, are you there? Move, or... or do something if you are!” She stared intently for any signs of movement, and after a little while her eyes locked onto a tiny little speck that stood out ever so slightly thanks to its darker color—the same shade of black as her and Madoka's cat outfit.

There, standing inside a tiny wrinkle on Midori's sole, clinging fiercely to the huge wall of skin, suffocating in the heavy, sauna-like atmosphere of the giant foot, was a twice-shrunken Madoka, so tiny that she was on the verge of being microscopic. The tiny girl waved desperately at Oriko to make herself seen, until the immense pupils above fell on her tiny figure. “Madoka, is that you?” Oriko's voice was like that of a deity, booming down from the heavens and making all of creation vibrate along with it. “I'm so, so, sorry! I really did think that was a growth formula I put in your suit! But it's okay! Everything's going to be fine. I just need to get you out of there and...”

A giant pale-pink surface covered in grooves and ridges appeared over the horizon and approached Madoka, soon coming to dominate her sky. Even used as she was to giant things, Oriko's size right now was on a whole other level. Her fingertip hung, and Madoka prepared herself for its descent, but after a while it pulled out of view.

“O-on second thought, it might be safer to leave you there for now. I'm sure it won't take too long to wear off, right? I'll be back tomorrow with a real growth formula anyway in case you don't grow back by then. Midori, you can take care of her until morning, right?”

“Oh, sure! I'll keep her all nice and safe. You just head on back and I'll make sure she spends a very comfortable night with me.”

“Whew! Thanks, Midori; that really takes a load off my mind. She's right around here.” Oriko gently scratched a circle around Madoka's position before letting Midori have her foot back. “See you tomorrow, then! Bye, both of you!”

“Yes, we'll see you for sure.” Midori waited until Oriko had left before pulling her foot over for a peek. It didn't take her long to find Madoka on it. “Ha! You're even smaller than I imagined!” A devilish grin spread over Madoka's sky; already Midori was practically salivating over her. Then the land folded up on itself as Midori scrunched her foot, burying Madoka completely in her hot and sweaty flesh. “How pathetic. And to think you were ever my peer. Why, you're nothing but a little speck now! A germ! And what better place for a germ than under my foot? I can only think of one.”

Licking her fingertip, she reached down to her sole and swiped up the little speck of a woman, then brought her up to her eye to see her floating in a sea of her spit. “Can you sense my strength? My power? There is nothing you can do to challenge me anymore. Even my spit is enough to defeat you. Fufufu! If only I was this large compared to everyone else, then the whole world would witness my power... but you'll have to do for now.”

Madoka was turned around again, and up above she saw a Midori's toes growing nearer and nearer, until she was swiped off right between a pair of them. There the spit mixed with the other junk between her toes, and when it dried up shortly after, Madoka was left half-buried in a gigantic swamp of toe jam, looking up at the vast, towering figure of her captor. “Do you like it down there, between my toes? Isn't it all nice and warm?” Midori wiggled her toes and the wrinkles of her skin enveloped and released Madoka over and over again until she stopped. “I knew this would be the perfect place for a germ like you~. Oh, and if you get hungry or thirsty, feel free to take any dirt and sweat you find down there. It's only natural for a goddess to provide for the insects beneath her, after all.”

She kept on taunting her little guest, getting more and more heated with each show of power she gave Madoka, until she couldn't resist anymore. She locked herself up in her bedroom for a little privacy, and prepared to have a night of fun with little Madoka that neither of them would ever forget.